Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:11:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I accidently burned myself! Twice!  (Read 1389 times)
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:35:13 AM

Accidentally put my fingers in boiling water while trying to find my tea in complete darkness. Then rushed to cool the damn hand under cold water but instead opened steamy hot water on full load. What a brainfart!

It hurts! Any advices to reduce pain? I have no drugs or booze to relax me. It is not serious enough to seek medical attention and everything will be OK soon.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:37:30 AM

If you hit your foot with a hammer you will forget about your fingers for a while.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:38:29 AM

If you hit your foot with a hammer you will forget about your fingers for a while.

want me to take yo mind off of that pain? gimme your finger.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 12:43:03 AM

It is like Instawallet hack reducing attention on BFL scam? At the end it is two problems instead of one

My fingers are like sausages now. I know something interesting to do or computer gaming takes attention away from pain. Maybe it can be considered a form of meditation?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:52:55 AM

It is like Instawallet hack reducing attention on BFL scam? At the end it is two problems instead of one

My fingers are like sausages now. I know something interesting to do or computer gaming takes attention away from pain. Maybe it can be considered a form of meditation?

I don't know if this helps...
http://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:13:52 AM

Thanks it was funny to watch! At least I was not typing with the fingers. I dont know what is worst typing with one hand or

The Schrödinger's Cat... In macroscopic level it is possible to know what happened by absence of sound and presence of smell alone. Also the same with Bitcoin scams. They are in progress even if the box is not opened. But on quantum level. Does it really means that the process did not happen unless observed? Or that the observation causes interaction that we are unaware of?

Such questions keeps my mind thinking about them and I forget everything else. Further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_Cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_interpretation

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 01:25:17 AM

Thanks it was funny to watch! At least I was not typing with the fingers. I dont know what is worst typing with one hand or

The Schrödinger's Cat... In macroscopic level it is possible to know what happened by absence of sound and presence of smell alone. Also the same with Bitcoin scams. They are in progress even if the box is not opened. But on quantum level. Does it really means that the process did not happen unless observed? Or that the observation causes interaction that we are unaware of?

Such questions keeps my mind thinking about them and I forget everything else. Further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_Cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_interpretation

That came up with BFL and their box of fans or if they fill it with bricks and ship em eventually or not.

I've come to realize that this applies to bitcoin in numerous other ways I didn't even realize yet. Like the proof of concept that was bitcoin initially and the cargo cult that grew around it.
Or how satoshi made a very useful academic contribution and at the same time has enough from it to go into early retirement.

All of these things can only be validated if we observe them directly and it is uncertain if we ever will....
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:06:03 AM

Too late now but you should hold them under lukewarm water for a few min after, the shock hot straight to cold is almost as bad as the burn. Cant remember what burn cream type stuff has in it, aloe vera's good for that type of thing though and they're fairly common in neighbors gardens.
The purpose of cool water is to stop the heat from doing additional damage. But this does not matter because I showed my hand under steamy water for second time. Few days ago I repaired leaking plumbing in my house and swapped the cold and hot water pipes connected to valve. In the shock of sticking my hand into boiling water I forget that now the cold water valve is on other side... The swapping shortened path for hot water from heater to valve and in few seconds the hot water was on my already burnd hand.

My mother grows aloe vera. Tomorrow she might find the plant mutilated. I will blame the cat for doing it Cheesy I already applied the pain relief cream from my first aid kit. According to label it also contain aloe vera extract.

That came up with BFL and their box of fans or if they fill it with bricks and ship em eventually or not.

I've come to realize that this applies to bitcoin in numerous other ways I didn't even realize yet. Like the proof of concept that was bitcoin initially and the cargo cult that grew around it.
Or how satoshi made a very useful academic contribution and at the same time has enough from it to go into early retirement.

All of these things can only be validated if we observe them directly and it is uncertain if we ever will....

It gets to me right now. The Bitcoin really is like cargo cult. Many anti-bitcoiners say it is MMM, scam, ponzi, inflationary and so on. Nobody said that it is like cult. Process (software is a process) that promises to deliver value and other highly favored things like anonymity, increased individual sovereignty etc. if the process of software use and trade is observed. So the Bitcoin is like a voluntary cult inspired by self-fulfilling prophecy and ruled by human nature.

BFL having either ASIC chips or bricks in the box bearing BFL logo. Genial! And nobody knows what to expect until the box is opened.

The truth is that there is only one possibility with BFL knowing in advance what is in the BFL box. (well I also know that there will be bricks and dead cats inside but no ASIC) With quantum cat the state is both at the same time.

As with many worlds theory why nobody mentions that the alternative universes must increase in exponential rate at extremely rapid speed. There must be something wrong when the numbers approach infinity. And this contradicts observations. If both outcomes are equally valid and single event leads to even one split of realities, why we are stuck in this reality and perceive only this one?

Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:27:22 AM

If you have some painkillers lying around, you may try to crush a piece of a tablet and mix it with some moisturizing cream or petroleum jelly. Together with a moist cloth, you'll probably be ok. (Or your skin will flake off in a horrible manner).

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:32:48 AM

Accidentally put my fingers in boiling water while trying to find my tea in complete darkness. Then rushed to cool the damn hand under cold water but instead opened steamy hot water on full load. What a brainfart!

It hurts! Any advices to reduce pain? I have no drugs or booze to relax me. It is not serious enough to seek medical attention and everything will be OK soon.

I have read some papers that recommend honey on recent burns.  I believe the honey quenches the free radicals that are produced after the burn and minimized further damage.  You may want to Google and read more.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:43:04 AM

Or any other brand besides French's, of which I'm currently boycotting until I see a police report number.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:48:02 AM

want me to take yo mind off of that pain? gimme your finger.

I'm glad someone else thought of it.
Malawi

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:36:04 AM

I have read some papers that recommend honey on recent burns.  I believe the honey quenches the free radicals that are produced after the burn and minimized further damage.  You may want to Google and read more.

Think that is after it have stopped hurting, to help the healing and keep it antiseptic.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 03:49:57 AM

Think that is after it have stopped hurting, to help the healing and keep it antiseptic.

A paper I read by Indian authors about 8-10 years ago suggested that immediate application would stop the biochemical havoc.  It appears to be well known in Aruveydic medicine.  I know precious little biology, but I think there is a cascade of biochemical reactions, and it is these reactions, not the burn proper that cause the cell death.  Stop these reactions, and stop the progress of damage.

I think it is also useful in longer time frames, at all time frames actually, to keep out infections and such.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:35:32 AM

put hands in a cup of salt, that prevents blisters.
Malawi

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:00:54 AM

Nice tip.

That would also be prevented with the honey that was mentioned. All about some osmotic stuff

Twerka

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:37:19 AM

Don't use any chemical, no dental paste, no salt, no mustard.
Keep the hand on a clean towel, and let the skin be in contact with air.

Get a painkiller, don't know the name of the drugs on your country, but are the same used for muscular or head ache.
If the skin looks bad, then go to a doctor (redness is normal anyway).

Maybe it's late, but if somebody read this in the future, maybe is having the same problem.

The worst enemy of Bitcoin is Mt.Gox exchange.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:15:11 AM

Nice tip.

That would also be prevented with the honey that was mentioned. All about some osmotic stuff
[/quote]

My father in law advised to do this, and I tried to object to it, but he and my better part insisted I tried, and lo and behold, there was no blisters from the slight burn I suffered.

Usually before this, I just put my hand in a cup of cold water, as that was what my father told me to do, and I never used painkillers, damn - if you can't take that pain - you're not a man!
Anonymouss

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:31:41 AM

Aloe plant around the house is one of the best things. Try not to be clumsy next time  Wink
MysteryMiner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:39:58 PM

Today I'm fine. Some blisters but no pain.

The heavy burns must be treated by doctor immediately. Putting wrong things on can make things only worse. For me I already knew it is not too severe so I risked to put on the cream. I have no painkillers available at the moment. Anyway most of them are variation of paracetamol and other well known painkillers are banned in EU and must be smuggled in from Russia or Belorussia. Like Analgin, Novocain.

The pain is not unbearable but it annoys me and makes me anger. The thinking and writing about quantum mechanics turned my mind into researching interesting question and away from being angry.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:40:42 PM

That's what you get for acting the mickey, Miner.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:52:13 PM

On the bright side, now your fingers are prepared if you ever have to touch the outside box of a BFL product.
But, you should be okay in the dark with those since the casing will liking be glowing red.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: