Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R4 Problems. dead hash boards.  (Read 1724 times)
boomin (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:08:49 AM

We all need to unite as 1 and show them that this is not acceptable business practices.  I ordered 2 and 1 works, a friend ordered 6 and 3 work.  At Best we are working with 50% failure rate.  The design that they used for this "bring the mining back home (to china for repair)"  doesn't allow you to disassemble it and send the bad hash board back, you have to send the entire unit back to HONG KONG!  Wholesale shipping rates are over 300$!  This is not acceptable!  IF they built an inferior miner with such terrible failure rates, BITMAIN needs to negotiate with Bitmain USA in Denver and have them do the repairs!  There is a snowballs chance in HELL that I am paying 300$ for shipping a dead on arrival used in your warehouse for the last God knows how long to have you repair it!  I understand that I received the units just a Chinese New Year was Hitting.  But I didn't shell out $3000 for 50% failure rate!  I feel even worse for the people that spent more!  Lets make this the ROOT of all people with dead R4 hash boards under 90 day warranty that they expect us to spend 300$ shipping it back to them for repair!  We need to build power in numbers.  If this was any other company, they would be run in the mud.

If you think I am kidding the box weighs in at 24 lbs dimensions are 24" X 8.5" X13"  Get a price quote online right now to Hong Kong and see what I mean!  

Please take a moment to tell your story with a bad R4 and lets push them to take care of this mess!

Thanks in advance.

Boomin

p.s. so down 8.7 TH for however long it takes plus over $300 in shipping and let's not forget the diff. increases coming with all the new product they are selling!

and let it be known - I have been a HUGE Bitmain supporter in the chat groups and also monetarily I've PERSONALLY spent over 100k with Bitmain and can post order numbers to prove it.  I am not just going away....

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1699

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:33:08 AM

They get away with this because they have a monopoly and people will buy from them anyways.

That and I am pretty sure 90% of their miners sold is sold to huge Chinese mega farms anyways.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:43:55 AM

Shoulda bought video cards......failure rate is ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1699

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:26:56 PM

I think the reason why nobody wants to mine with GPUs is because its very labour intensive. Getting everything set up and then maintaining, switching coins, updating software, rebooting when crashed, etc.

People these days want to get paid to do  absolutely nothing. Which is perfect what ASICs are for.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jamesb777

Activity: 49
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:07:03 PM

I'm willing to bet the R4 issues can be fixed via firmware update..  Bitmain should give us a way to override their unreliable auto-frequency DRM...
boomin (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:41:04 PM

On my bad board it says asics=0 Like there aren't any asics on the board at all!

boomin (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 11:04:27 PM

They emailed me a new software updtate - It was the same one on the website!!!  At this point i will cut my losses and send to denver, 300$+ shipping to hong kong is ridiculous when it only cost like 65$ to send here!

Am I Missing something??

Booomin
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 01:28:19 AM

@boomin,

If your shipping fee is going to cost $65 to Colorado, USA, please email support@bitmainwarranty.com for cheaper prepaid UPS label.  $25 should cover that 1 way.  $50 round trip.

They emailed me a new software updtate - It was the same one on the website!!!  At this point i will cut my losses and send to denver, 300$+ shipping to hong kong is ridiculous when it only cost like 65$ to send here!

Am I Missing something??

Booomin

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
qctechno

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:51:28 AM

Please take a moment to tell your story with a bad R4 and lets push them to take care of this mess!

I recently purchased a R4B1, work stable but it's very temperature sensitive.
If boards are cold ( below 20 degrees C ), they won't be detected.
Once it run and produce heat, all good.
But a Cold start it didn't like it.

Window of operation look very thin.

My S7-LN's have no problem at same temps.

jamesb777

Activity: 49
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 11:31:38 AM

I'm so F*in pissed. 3rd board now showing 55 asics (my two other boards died shortly after losing asics)..  WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!!
kakoloukia

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:08:46 PM

Same problem for me to!
Order 40 peaces and 20 working only!
Really bad model!
By the time you send back to Hong Kong and you get them back, you lose 30% on difficulty power and you need to pay expensive shipping service to Hong Kong so you dont lose over 2 months!
rockmoney

Activity: 439
Merit: 297

www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:37:04 AM

On my bad board it says asics=0 Like there aren't any asics on the board at all!

The SAME thing recently happened to my R4 after I updated to the recent Bitmain firmware release. One of the boards is working, and it basically doesn't even know the other board exists. Do you have any updates?

GekkoScience Products on Amazon Prime 1-DAY SHIPPING 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: