Bitcoin Forum
February 21, 2020, 09:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: excavator by NiceHash - multi-algorithm NVIDIA GPU miner [1.5.6a]  (Read 178651 times)
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1059

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 06:08:35 PM

Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
Hi,
I had a quick look at the API of the current release 1.1.4a and although I understand this is just the very beginning, there are some concepts that can be improved. Maybe you are already planning these kind of changes for the 1.2 release? It would also be interesting to learn more about what kind of problems you are addressing by aiming for having an API design that is different from sgminer.

You are for example providing "accepted_per_minute" but no total number of accepted. Accepted Per Minute is actually not very usable for monitoring applications, because you typically want to measure how the value for Accepted is increasing or if it stays the same for a longer period of time. In general it's often better to provide the raw values in the API, instead of hiding the information by grouping it per minute or similar.

I've consumed a number of different mining software API's during the development of Awesome Miner, so if I can be of any help reviewing the API design, please let me know.
Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, T17
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
djeZo

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

Excavator's API has a pretty interesting minimalist design philosophy, which is refreshingly different from sgminer etc.
Hi,
I had a quick look at the API of the current release 1.1.4a and although I understand this is just the very beginning, there are some concepts that can be improved. Maybe you are already planning these kind of changes for the 1.2 release? It would also be interesting to learn more about what kind of problems you are addressing by aiming for having an API design that is different from sgminer.

You are for example providing "accepted_per_minute" but no total number of accepted. Accepted Per Minute is actually not very usable for monitoring applications, because you typically want to measure how the value for Accepted is increasing or if it stays the same for a longer period of time. In general it's often better to provide the raw values in the API, instead of hiding the information by grouping it per minute or similar.

I've consumed a number of different mining software API's during the development of Awesome Miner, so if I can be of any help reviewing the API design, please let me know.
Thanks!

We are talking about very different API here. You may be used to API that allows you to set pool, but no mining sw currently available allows you to turn devices on/off, turn algorithms on/off and the ability to create multialgorithm mining the way you like it with combination of any algorithms you like. Oh and here comes also the ability to fine tune OC parameters of every single GPU. So... basically, everything you need and no more miner restarts. When it comes to monitoring data you are speaking of, that is just a tip of the iceberg and nothing hard to add; we will take care of that too.

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1059

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:20:09 PM

Hi,

Thanks!

We are talking about very different API here. You may be used to API that allows you to set pool, but no mining sw currently available allows you to turn devices on/off, turn algorithms on/off and the ability to create multialgorithm mining the way you like it with combination of any algorithms you like. Oh and here comes also the ability to fine tune OC parameters of every single GPU. So... basically, everything you need and no more miner restarts. When it comes to monitoring data you are speaking of, that is just a tip of the iceberg and nothing hard to add; we will take care of that too.
Thanks for the update. cgminer/sgminer do have API's to enable/disable devices and set clocking per GPU, but of course not all the other features you list. I'm looking forward to follow the development of this miner - the concepts sounds interesting.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, T17
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
zawawa

Activity: 728
Merit: 300

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:05:54 PM

Here he is! Better to be explained by the person who designed all this. Wink
I am running a stress test on the new Equihash kernel now. So far, so good...

Gateless Gate Sharp, an open-source ETH/XMR miner: http://bit.ly/2rJ2x4V
BTC: 1BHwDWVerUTiKxhHPf2ubqKKiBMiKQGomZ
baten

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:01:04 AM

I'm having trouble setting oc parameteres from the api. I works great when I modify the bat file, even better than using afterburner (ad least more stabile).

But when I try to input this on the equihash algoritm extra launch parameters : -ca -ca -ca -os 0 190 600 60 -or it saves it, but it does not apply it when I start the api, even after complete shutdown.

Am I doing something wrong?
zawawa

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:37:45 PM

I'm having trouble setting oc parameteres from the api. I works great when I modify the bat file, even better than using afterburner (ad least more stabile).

But when I try to input this on the equihash algoritm extra launch parameters : -ca -ca -ca -os 0 190 600 60 -or it saves it, but it does not apply it when I start the api, even after complete shutdown.

Nobody is picking this up? Let me take a look after I'm done with the Equihash binary kernel.

djeZo

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

I assume you are referring to NiceHash Miner. You can't set these parameters there (yet).

baten

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

I assume you are referring to NiceHash Miner. You can't set these parameters there (yet).

Yes, that was what I meant. Tx for the explanation. Good to hear it will be there in the future, as I guess each algorithm has slightly different oc values that you can find and set apriori, and dont have to rely on afterburner, which would give only on set of oc values.
Slava_K

Activity: 680

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:55:58 PM

Look on https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer/releases/tag/2.1-equihash_test
715 hash on 1080 non ti!
Try to test on nicehash - dont work. But on zpool works good.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:29:30 PM

715 hash on 1080 non ti!

Area you getting the same speed on the pool though? I am only getting about 40% of what the miner says.. on yiimp.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
djeZo

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:20:26 PM

715 hash on 1080 non ti!

1. Highly unrealistic speed up.
2. Why would someone post 3 different solvers with so big speed difference? Why not simply put up the fastest?
3. No source code - beware of possible malware!!!

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1053

Ccminer developer

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:43:52 PM

715 hash on 1080 non ti!
2. Why would someone post 3 different solvers with so big speed difference? Why not simply put up the fastest?
3. No source code - beware of possible malware!!!

The 3rd exefile is 64mb big. #1 is 32mb
zawawa

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:50:36 PM

Hmm... Very interesting.
ccminer is GPL'ed, no?
The source code should be available.

By the way, I was finally able to get the GDS working on Windows on the AMD land.
It has been so long playing catch up with Claymore's and Optiminer...

joaogti36

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:43:51 PM

we need a new escavator release :DDDDDD
zawawa c'mon Cheesy
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1077

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:40:31 AM

Hmm... Very interesting.
ccminer is GPL'ed, no?
The source code should be available.

By the way, I was finally able to get the GDS working on Windows on the AMD land.
It has been so long playing catch up with Claymore's and Optiminer...

zawawa ...

if you have not been exposed to sp - then you need to be informed ...

he takes ( read - copies ) gpl code - takes other developers code for kernels ( read - copies ) - tweaks - compiled in windows only and releases them as a 'private' miner for his monetary gain ...

he makes money on gpl code - which is fine ( as part of the gpl license ) but BREAKS the license by NOT supplying the code with the private distribution ...

any dealings with sp - will fall into the same category ... he WILL take opensource code - tweak ( sometimes change only a line or remark ) and rerelease the code as 'his' code in private form and not release the sourcecode ...

thats why he sells the private miners and gains so called 'pocket money' ... this 'pocket money' has allowed him to purchase a gpu farm bigger than most entities mining these days ...

so much for licensing and policing the license ... and so much for pocket money that can allow you to grow in to a few thousand gpu farm ...

#crysx

Exchange - https://www.zapple.com/exchange/ . CWI-Thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601 . EMail - crysx@gnxs.com . CWI-WebSite - https://chainworksindustries.com/ . CWI-Mine - http://chrysolite.chainworksindustries.com/ . CWI-Pyroxene (theMine) - http://pyroxene.chainworksindustries.com/ . GRN - Gfz2cXMkhMZYWSFvLEMnM8bXk7X5Mtq2J2
kopija

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:06:26 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 07:26:02 AM by kopija

Quote from: djeZo

People were saying the same thing when you posted that screenshot of your  miner almost half a year ago Smiley

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
sp_
Legendary

Ccminer developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:11:02 AM

Yeah, and we bought it.
If he says it is unrealistic, you better bet it is unrealistic.  Roll Eyes

Why don't you opensource excavator, and I will add 5% for free. unrealistic but not impossible...
sp_
Legendary

Ccminer developer

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:32:49 PM

Why do you want excavator? So you can use it for all your next GPL-breaking projects? ^^ You finally realized that ccminer base is shit and completely outdated for modern needs?

I thought that the point of making the excavator was that it doesn't use GPL code...? So if you decide to release it, it's not gpl...
zawawa

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:14:43 AM

Honestly, I am tired of my GPL'ed codes being copied into private/commercial miners.
Nothing personal, but it just doesn't make any sense. Oh well.

zawawa

Miner Developer

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:38:19 AM

As far as ZEC mining on Windows is concerned, the current developmental version of excavator is much faster than Optiminer and only 3% slower than Claymore's on RX 480. I have a few more tricks in my bag. We will see.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.