Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PEPECASH] 🐸 Pepecash / RarePepe 🦄 Spepeculation Topic  (Read 33453 times)
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:31:26 AM

Lets have a bet then ...

I don't think you are collecting these pepe memes because you like them, you're doing it coz you think they'll go up in value, and in 5 years when the speculators have moved on your collection as an investment will have performed poorly.

I'll bet 100 bitcoins in 5 years Pepe cards performance as an asset will be shit.

Edit, we agree on the metrics used to measure performance,  then full escrow, so no cheating

Wow, can I get a piece of the action too? 5 years is a long time, but I would bet bitcoin and xcp would do better than these pepe cards. Collectibles take years to mature as good investments.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:49:27 AM

I do like some of your pepe cards, I'm taking copies for my own collection, you can't really prevent people making exact copies of your digital assets, that's a big impediment to digital items becoming collectibles. You can't prevent me enjoying your digital property anymore than Hollywood can, my pepe cards look exactly the same as your ones do! I don't need to 'own' them to enjoy them just as much as you do, so why would I ever buy them from you ?
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:14:17 PM

I do like some of your pepe cards, I'm taking copies for my own collection, you can't really prevent people making exact copies of your digital assets, that's a big impediment to digital items becoming collectibles. You can't prevent me enjoying your digital property anymore than Hollywood can, my pepe cards look exactly the same as your ones do! I don't need to 'own' them to enjoy them just as much as you do, so why would I ever buy them from you ?

Is there a block explorer for these pepe cards, can I check a wallet address and see all the images in that wallet? By definition anything digital can be copied, so how are they rare exactly?
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:47:41 PM

Is there a block explorer for these pepe cards, can I check a wallet address and see all the images in that wallet? By definition anything digital can be copied, so how are they rare exactly?

Because, math and stuff... each card is a Counterparty asset (embedded into the Bitcoin blockchain).

Sure, you could save the image itself to your computer, but that doesn't mean you own the card.

http://Counterparty.io

EDIT: here is the asset info for Pepecash, for instance: http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/PEPECASH
(Click on AssetHolders to see which addresses own PEPECASH)

Blockscan.com is one of the Counterparty explorers.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
Scuds31091

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:52:44 PM

You can use RarePepeWallet.com to setup your own wallet and see all the cards. You can also check out what other people have in their wallet.

PEPECASH and the RARE PEPE cards are counterparty assets backed by the Bitcoin Blockchain. This is what allows them to not be copied and keeps them rare. Say a Rare Pepe card has an issuance of 100 total cards created. That number will never be increased. If 100 people each own 1 of those cards, another person can't obtain the card without one of the 100 current holders selling it. Each card is associated to a token that is traded between people.

Yes, I guess you can just go copy the .jpg image and save it to your computer, but it's not the same thing. That is a very childish thought. That's like saying I can go print a copy of the Mona Lisa on a piece of canvas and say that I own the Mona Lisa... it's not real or authentic, it's just a fake copy that's not worth anything and can be proven to be fake. The token/asset behind the card/art is what gives it it's value and authenticity. If you hold the asset, then you hold the value.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:48:42 PM

I think Pepe has surprisingly well thought system.
In real world, when the central bank wants to hoover money from the markets it starts selling their assets and when the central bank is willing to do some quantitative easyning it buys assets from the markets.
In Pepeconomy the central bank is anyone owning both cards and coins. If you want to increase the value of Pepe cash, you sell cards for Pepecash and hoard them (= hoover money from the markets). On the other hand, if you want to organize a quantitative easening you buy Pepes (give the money to the Pepeconomy).
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:07:35 PM

This post is all overblown hype and decentralised asset jargon, it's not written by a hobbyist who truly loves the Pepe meme, it's written by someone pumping the latest crypto craze. It's not sincere, this guy wants to attract speculators, not pepe card collectors. I bet he privately thinks pepe meme is a load of horse shit.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

lol u wut m8?  

This is my public address, filled to the absolute brim with some of the dankest rares in all of the Pepeverse.  You are welcome to try to assemble a better collection but here's a spoiler alert for you: good fucking luck.  I take extreme pride in my collection and tend the memes well.  

https://rarepepewallet.com/?addr=1Fpx9NPBJsRbx6RXkvfZ3n1iCYj7n7VaJR&type=gallery

I could make a strong argument for my address being one of the top five addresses in existence.  Hell, the 1/1 unique cosmic-tier MYLITTLEPEPE does that.  (That sale was the most expensive Pepe card sold on the DEX btw with a USD equivalent of $3500).  See those 72 PEPESUS cards?  I never made my own tribute card - someone else did and I spent $thousands acquiring as many as possible to give it some value.  Feel free to admire the solid number of epic Series 1 and 2 godly-tier cards, including nearly a tenth of all RAREPEPEs themselves.  I've spent a small fortune and a ton of time trying to build an amazing collection, and I know if I find it fun then others surely will too.  Plus the advent of booster packs will soon make it much easier to build up an impressive assortment of rares.  Finally, I've created several cards of my own and pledged most of the profits from sales to charity and crowdfunding. 

Are you done getting BTFO or do you have anything else profoundly stupid you want to try to troll with?

I must say, this is a pretty hecking dank collection. I noticed you've got a few shares of koipepe. I've got koipepe, as well. I personally thinks it has a very nice, calming appearance. Would also like to get a retropepe, that card seems pretty hecking dank.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:28:47 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 09:02:31 PM by boomboom

You can use RarePepeWallet.com to setup your own wallet and see all the cards. You can also check out what other people have in their wallet.

PEPECASH and the RARE PEPE cards are counterparty assets backed by the Bitcoin Blockchain. This is what allows them to not be copied and keeps them rare. Say a Rare Pepe card has an issuance of 100 total cards created. That number will never be increased. If 100 people each own 1 of those cards, another person can't obtain the card without one of the 100 current holders selling it. Each card is associated to a token that is traded between people.

Yes, I guess you can just go copy the .jpg image and save it to your computer, but it's not the same thing. That is a very childish thought. That's like saying I can go print a copy of the Mona Lisa on a piece of canvas and say that I own the Mona Lisa... it's not real or authentic, it's just a fake copy that's not worth anything and can be proven to be fake. The token/asset behind the card/art is what gives it it's value and authenticity. If you hold the asset, then you hold the value.

Ownership might be needed for playing a pepe game, although doing a game on a blockchain would be really slow, but for digital products you own it if you have a copy on your hard drive. There's only one Mona Lisa oil painting, and it can't be copied exactly, but for digital files they can be. The pepe images are fantastic, but I don't have to own them to have a perfect copy. Enforcing digital scarcity is impossible, so unless havng the blockchain pepe asset has value itself, the pepe images are essentially free, like movies and music on a torrent site.

Who owns the copyright on the pepe images, the card creator, or the card owners? Copyright is enforceable,  just difficult to police for personal use.
needmoney90

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:11:09 AM

ONLYONEPEPE and JONGPEPE and LORDKEK were just purchased for 11btc. I am now the one and only proud owner of the entire first series. Call me crazy, but I've been trying to get the set since series 1 ended. Pretty happy right now.

bv68bot

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:40:06 AM

A printed copy of the Mona Lisa is like a CAM copy of a movie, or a 64 bit MP3 version of a song, they're not perfect copies, BUT I can download a DVD copy of a movie that's identical to the original, and I can download a flac of a song which is also identical to the original. What makes paintings valuable is they can't be copied exactly, same as coins and stamps and comic books, and physical cards. My son collects pokemon and yugioh cards and we learnt early on how to spot fakes.

Pepe card art is really entertaining, and the community vibe looks really cool, but that doesn't mean there's going to be a thriving collectible market for expensive pepe cards. If I see a card image that blows my mind I can take a screen shot, crop, and email it to my friends , or put it on a t-shirt or coffee mug, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me, so the guy who paid 1k USD for a rare pepe card as an investment will likely regret his mistake and buy bitcoins, xcp, or xmr for investment returns.

Pepe games might develop that do require blockchain ownership, but other than straight gambling games, I can't see how a really good game design can come from all these random pepe memes. Magic, Pokemon etc are good games, the card art is secondary to the information on them, they're designed well and fun to play. Unless the pepe game design really kicks ass and the game is fun to play and becomes a classic, there's no need to buy pepecash to love the art. That's why I don't see a long term investment here, just cynical pumpers trying to cash in on a craze. Wait to see the game designs that require blockchain ownership first.
bv68bot

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:45:59 AM

ONLYONEPEPE and JONGPEPE and LORDKEK were just purchased for 11btc. I am now the one and only proud owner of the entire first series. Call me crazy, but I've been trying to get the set since series 1 ended. Pretty happy right now.

Good for you bro, if you get 11 btc pleasure then it was a good buy. Do you mind if I put one of your pepe on a t-shirt and sell it on cafepress? What exactly do you own, did you buy exclusive rights to the image?
kernels10

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

ded

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:02:40 AM

I'm jelly. I don't think you'll ever regret acquiring these rare pepes.
needmoney90

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:12:02 AM

Good for you bro, if you get 11 btc pleasure then it was a good buy. Do you mind if I put one of your pepe on a t-shirt and sell it on cafepress? What exactly do you own, did you buy exclusive rights to the image?

Holding the asset in my address lets me sign a challenge/response pair for any game integrating pepe assets, which will let me use ONLYONEPEPE in-game on my account. Print the image as much as you like: unless you can convince the collective community building applications around the assets that your picture is the asset itself, you won't be able to use the asset (and the corresponding benefits, whatever they might be) in those games.
bv68bot

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:44:11 AM

Holding the asset in my address lets me sign a challenge/response pair for any game integrating pepe assets, which will let me use ONLYONEPEPE in-game on my account. Print the image as much as you like: unless you can convince the collective community building applications around the assets that your picture is the asset itself, you won't be able to use the asset (and the corresponding benefits, whatever they might be) in those games.

Ok, thanks for the explanation! So you own the right to use the cards you own in the games, but not the image art. I'll be interested to see how the game designers use the cards, are there any docs explaining game design yet? I know with pokemon my son has two types of good cards he values - rare cards, and powerful card. The rare cards can be quite valuable even if their use in games is weak, so they're the genuine collectibles.  The powerful cards have good attributes for game play, so they're the ones he wants for playing, even though most of them are not rare. The rare cards only have value as a byproduct from the success of the game. That's why I'm still skeptical of the value of pepe as a genuine collectible asset that can hold value for decades, the games are an afterthought, and that's not good.
needmoney90

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:05:35 AM

Ok, thanks for the explanation! So you own the right to use the cards you own in the games, but not the image art. I'll be interested to see how the game designers use the cards, are there any docs explaining game design yet? I know with pokemon my son has two types of good cards he values - rare cards, and powerful card. The rare cards can be quite valuable even if their use in games is weak, so they're the genuine collectibles.  The powerful cards have good attributes for game play, so they're the ones he wants for playing, even though most of them are not rare. The rare cards only have value as a byproduct from the success of the game. That's why I'm still skeptical of the value of pepe as a genuine collectible asset that can hold value for decades, the games are an afterthought, and that's not good.

As an isolated event, I can understand your skepticism towards Rare Pepes having any sort of lasting economic value. However, they really are pioneering new ideas and forging ahead in the digital asset space, and I've always maintained that digital assets are going to be huge in the coming decade. Whether Counterparty ends up being the de facto digital asset platform, I don't know, but its currently the most solid.

Regardless of how you personally feel about the Pepe meme and everything, you've got to give the project credit - before this, 'collectible digital assets' were created by centralized entities (Spells of Genesis cards, for example), and then sold to buyers. With Rare Pepes, the pepes are created by the artist, and after paying the submission fee, the artist has control over 100% of the distribution. Those cards can then be (voluntarily) integrated into games, either as playable things, or even as just digital art you can put on the wall of your virtual house. The art thing, btw, requires very little ongoing code, you just need to hook into a json file from the rarepepedirectory containing images and stuff.

Sarutobi is integrating both of those usecases for Rare Pepes into their new upcoming game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJABB7wZmk, and Spells of Genesis have added Rare Pepes to their Book of Orbs app on iOS and Android (Shaban from SoG hangs out in the pepe chat on occasion, and has discussed adding benefits for Rare Pepe holders to Spells of Genesis, but thats currently not certain). This is in addition to Rare Pepe Party, the card game being developed specifically around Rare Pepes: http://rarepepe.party. The synergistic effects of platforms integrating each others assets is quite interesting to watch unfold.

Perhaps it's just a fad that will burn out, but I see it as the first in a long line of many interesting projects utilizing Counterparty. I sincerely think it might have more long-term value than you're expecting.

Edit: You can see the business proposal for Rare Pepe Party here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8Dq6k4OHLD6NZ-qlwGjLYIq_ndVpopDolOXq7SjDuo/edit
alucard23

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:40:42 AM

Funny thing, I've never heard of this coin before, but it looks like I won a supporter badge.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
bv68bot

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:14:24 AM

As an isolated event, I can understand your skepticism towards Rare Pepes having any sort of lasting economic value. However, they really are pioneering new ideas and forging ahead in the digital asset space, and I've always maintained that digital assets are going to be huge in the coming decade. Whether Counterparty ends up being the de facto digital asset platform, I don't know, but its currently the most solid.

Regardless of how you personally feel about the Pepe meme and everything, you've got to give the project credit - before this, 'collectible digital assets' were created by centralized entities (Spells of Genesis cards, for example), and then sold to buyers. With Rare Pepes, the pepes are created by the artist, and after paying the submission fee, the artist has control over 100% of the distribution. Those cards can then be (voluntarily) integrated into games, either as playable things, or even as just digital art you can put on the wall of your virtual house. The art thing, btw, requires very little ongoing code, you just need to hook into a json file from the rarepepedirectory containing images and stuff.

Sarutobi is integrating both of those usecases for Rare Pepes into their new upcoming game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJABB7wZmk, and Spells of Genesis have added Rare Pepes to their Book of Orbs app on iOS and Android (Shaban from SoG hangs out in the pepe chat on occasion, and has discussed adding benefits for Rare Pepe holders to Spells of Genesis, but thats currently not certain). This is in addition to Rare Pepe Party, the card game being developed specifically around Rare Pepes: http://rarepepe.party. The synergistic effects of platforms integrating each others assets is quite interesting to watch unfold.

Perhaps it's just a fad that will burn out, but I see it as the first in a long line of many interesting projects utilizing Counterparty. I sincerely think it might have more long-term value than you're expecting.

Edit: You can see the business proposal for Rare Pepe Party here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8Dq6k4OHLD6NZ-qlwGjLYIq_ndVpopDolOXq7SjDuo/edit

Cool reply, thanks! I do appreciate the innovation going on, and there does appear to be a lot of sincere people in the ecosystem, so I'm watching things with interest. Collectibles and memes and pop culture stuff generally is impossible to predict. Pepe could become an icon like Andy Warhol's 'Campbells Soup',  and some of the art is really great, but the games need to be fun to play, so it would be better to give the cards game play attributes at the start, as that's what gives a lot of value to the cards.

The decentralised assets for cards is cool though, but Pepe might be myspace, and if someone does the game design first and adds game attributes to the cards when they're created they'll probably end up being Facebook. At the end of the day nobody can predict what will happen, but pepe games looks more like The Monkeys than the The Beatles or Rolling Stones- an after thought. Not the art or the community, but the games add on, and the idea that rare cards will be more valuable when the games don't exist yet.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:00:24 AM

Funny thing, I've never heard of this coin before, but it looks like I won a supporter badge.

I'm so jealous!!!

Jump in the telegram group https://t.me/rarepepetradergroup
And check out http://rarepepewallet.com

Ask some questions and prolly get some newbie freebies..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
alucard23

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:06:18 AM

I'm so jealous!!!

Thanks, I'll take a look if I have some time. I wonder if the algorithm that picked my badge detected the name "card" in my name. It seems like it's not completely random.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:26:32 AM

I'm so jealous!!!

Thanks, I'll take a look if I have some time. I wonder if the algorithm that picked my badge detected the name "card" in my name. It seems like it's not completely random.

IDK I have ETH and mellon. I don't know much about mellon and haven't done much but talk trash about ETH so go figure..

If you check it out and decise you want to stick around hit me up and I'l send ya some..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: