Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:04:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much would you charge to setup miners?  (Read 1481 times)
hashtrick (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:06:28 PM

Hi,

I'm curious to know how much would someone charge to set up a mining operation, say, 10 miners? Configuration and wallet, information etc.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:35:13 PM

Hi,

I'm curious to know how much would someone charge to set up a mining operation, say, 10 miners? Configuration and wallet, information etc.

Thank you.

With a little bit of self-study, research and reading, you can do this yourself. If you have someone else do it for you, you won't learn anything and will have to rely on others to fix issues as they arise. Believe me, issues will arise.

It will pay off in the long-run to know what you are doing.

Just my $.02.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
hashtrick (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:59:25 PM

Hi,

Thank you.

With a little bit of self-study, research and reading, you can do this yourself. If you have someone else do it for you, you won't learn anything and will have to rely on others to fix issues as they arise. Believe me, issues will arise.

Just my $.02.

I agree.

This ain't for me though, I run my own mining op, its just someone interested in me doing the whole hassle, but I'm unsure how to charge for this. The person is uninterested and just wants to have a mining op up and running.
DXB2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 06:45:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you.

i think guys charge approx 20$

█████
     █████
     █████       ▄██████████▄        ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄
     █████     ▄██████████████▄     █████▄   ▄█████   █████▄   ▄█████
     █████    █████▀▀    ▀▀█████     ▀█████▄█████▀     ▀█████▄█████▀
     █████   █████          █████      ▀███████▀         ▀███████▀
     █████   █████          █████        █████             █████
     █████   █████          █████      ▄███████▄         ▄███████▄
     █████    █████▄▄       █████    ▄█████▀█████▄     ▄█████▀█████▄
    █████▀     ▀█████████   █████   █████▀   ▀█████   █████▀   ▀█████
▄▄██████▀        ▀███████   █████    ▀█▀       ▀█▀     ▀█▀       ▀█▀
██████▀
███▀▀
Y O U R   B L O C K C H A I N   I N T E R F A C E
▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jaxx
Android        iOS        OS X        Chrome        Windows        Linux
     ▄██████████████████████████████▄
     ██▀                          ▀▀▀
     ██                        ▄███████████████▄
     ██                        █               █
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     █               █
████▄▄▄████                    █               █
█         █                    █               █
█         █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █               █
█         █ ████████▄▄████████ █               █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀████▄████▀   ▄▄██████████▄▄   ▀███████▄███████▀
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 06:56:22 PM

Hi,

Thank you.

i think guys charge approx 20$

I think it depends on the country we are talking about and the going wage. People in some countries are lucky to make $20 a week (or less). Other countries have IT professionals/technician who charge $20+ per hour.

I think it also depends on the amount of work and the total number of hours it takes to complete. Does the "owner" have all of the parts needed on hand or are you going to have to order this part, wait, order that part, then wait again. Another part, etc., etc.

Do they want or expect you to provide on-going maintenance or technical support? You might make a deal where you set it all up for free and then provide on-going, unlimited support for a percentage of the BTC mined.

Also depends on how well you know that person and if you are doing it mostly out of the goodness of your heart. My going rate for computer/tech support is a minimum of $12-20 per hour depending on who I'm working for. But then again, I have worked on very good friends computers for free.

That's just going to be something you and the other person will have to sit down and negotiate how you will get paid and what are the expectation for continued maintenance as needed.

Bottom line is that you ask for what you think your services are worth! Smiley

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:15:31 AM

I will do it for $500,000 in cash.  Up front.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:28:12 AM

Hi,

Thank you.

Personally I'd say charge like how PC builders charge it, something like $50-100 per miner. Also depends on whether you'll offer post-sale support or not
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 07:22:12 AM

Hi,

Thank you.

Just my $.02.
Its true and i strongly agree on what you have said that OP should just need self study and research anything regarding on mining operations and other stuffs maybe hes busy enough not to handle his mining farm but come to think that its your farm and you should really be aware on whats going on and if you just let other people work theres a possibility that they will fool you off specially if they are handling directly on the mined bitcoins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 07:29:23 AM

I personally don't think there's enough info in the OP to tell us a real number.
What needs to be done exactly?

- will you be asked to help giving purchase advice? Calculate ROI, look for PSU's, shelves, cooling,... Or is is just installing gear that has been bought by your customer?
- will you be asked to calculate the mining room's wiring, breakers,...
- will you only be giving advice, or will you physically help to setup shelves, install A/C,...

I'd personally see what would be asked of me, try to calculate the amount of time i'd spend on the project, and multiply it with a reasonable rate (about $30-$35/hour in my country for such a specific job). Like it has been said before: maybe you'll work for a lot less (depending on your country, and the fact if this is a continuous or a one-time job).

For example:
- finding out which miners to buy, factoring in the electricity rate, custom fees, shipping and handling, PSU's, looking for second hand miners,... About 2-3 hours???
- looking at the cabling, breakers, calculating the btu's for correct A/C... About 2-3 hours???
- setting up the room: impossible to say (does the room need to be cleared, does it need A/C, is the wiring OK, how about security,...)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hashtrick (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:52:36 PM

I personally don't think there's enough info in the OP to tell us a real number.
What needs to be done exactly?

- will you be asked to help giving purchase advice? Calculate ROI, look for PSU's, shelves, cooling,... Or is is just installing gear that has been bought by your customer?
- will you be asked to calculate the mining room's wiring, breakers,...
- will you only be giving advice, or will you physically help to setup shelves, install A/C,...

I'd personally see what would be asked of me, try to calculate the amount of time i'd spend on the project, and multiply it with a reasonable rate (about $30-$35/hour in my country for such a specific job). Like it has been said before: maybe you'll work for a lot less (depending on your country, and the fact if this is a continuous or a one-time job).

For example:
- finding out which miners to buy, factoring in the electricity rate, custom fees, shipping and handling, PSU's, looking for second hand miners,... About 2-3 hours???
- looking at the cabling, breakers, calculating the btu's for correct A/C... About 2-3 hours???
- setting up the room: impossible to say (does the room need to be cleared, does it need A/C, is the wiring OK, how about security,...)

- Will be giving full counselling to buying and shipping from china. (client owns a shipping company so hes offering me to buy with him at no cost of shipping for my extra equipment im getting)
- Will be giving full counselling on how to use bitcoin wallet and trade.
- Will be configuring over 10 machines to work on a pool and set his account to deposit the bitcoins to his wallet.
- Will be setting up the machines in the local network with a switch and router.

How much should maintenance be, since I would probably be asked to when problems occur?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 01:59:46 PM

- Will be giving full counselling to buying and shipping from china. (client owns a shipping company so hes offering me to buy with him at no cost of shipping for my extra equipment im getting)
- Will be giving full counselling on how to use bitcoin wallet and trade.
- Will be configuring over 10 machines to work on a pool and set his account to deposit the bitcoins to his wallet.
- Will be setting up the machines in the local network with a switch and router.

How much should maintenance be, since I would probably be asked to when problems occur?

And the mining room: Are the electricity cables suitable for 15Kw power draw? the outlets OK? The breakers? Are there shelves? Is there sufficient natural cooling, or do you need to calculate the cooling?
OR... Does the client have a serverroom that is equiped for this much extra HW? In that case you're all set.

If it's just figuring out where you'll have to buy which miners, unpacking them, plugging them in (including PSU and/or controllers if necessary), configuring them and doing the network setup, i guess i'd personally charge 7-8 hours.
If you need to setup the environment, it depends on which tasks you have to do...

Also, it depends on your client... Some people will listen to you, ask a couple of questions, agree with your plans and let you execute everything. Other people will keep on asking extra questions, doing their own 'research', keep discussing changes,...

I'd personally keep on charging $30-$35/hour for maintenance whenever the need occurs.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
blockops

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 01:54:35 AM

Based on my experience in the IT industry setting up data networks for people, you should charge a significant premium above PC repair prices.

If in the USA, charge $175/hr or $1500 per day. But try not to charge an hourly rate, instead quote a project based rate, and in the project, include:
Discovery
Scoping
Design
Ordering
Installation and Configuration
Testing
Operations Training
Basic support

So whatever your estimate of how long the project is going to take, triple it. If you think it will take 2 days, make it 6. Charge a $1500 daily rate times 6 days, and quote $9,000. If the client wants to negotiate the price down, do it by changing the scope of the project.

Scope, timeframe, and price are all linked together.

Make sure you set a milestone or date for when the support from the initial installation changes to paid support. Then defined a Service Level Agreement for paid support, and set the expectation that response time will be within 4 hours, not instantaneous.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 06:49:02 AM

Based on my experience in the IT industry setting up data networks for people, you should charge a significant premium above PC repair prices.

If in the USA, charge $175/hr or $1500 per day. But try not to charge an hourly rate, instead quote a project based rate, and in the project, include:
Discovery
Scoping
Design
Ordering
Installation and Configuration
Testing
Operations Training
Basic support

So whatever your estimate of how long the project is going to take, triple it. If you think it will take 2 days, make it 6. Charge a $1500 daily rate times 6 days, and quote $9,000. If the client wants to negotiate the price down, do it by changing the scope of the project.

Scope, timeframe, and price are all linked together.

Make sure you set a milestone or date for when the support from the initial installation changes to paid support. Then defined a Service Level Agreement for paid support, and set the expectation that response time will be within 4 hours, not instantaneous.

I seriously believe that the OP will lose his sale if he charges these prices.
Profit margins for bitcoin mining are really thin, adding a couple thousand bucks on top of the setup costs will scare any client away as long as he did the effort to crunch the numbers.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with charging $1000-$1500/day. If you'd ask me to setup a complete SAP environment in your company, that's the rate i'd charge to, but i seriously don't believe such a rate would work in the mining industry, especially not on such a small scale (~10 miners)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:55:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you.

You need to learn to set it up yourself as this is no rocket science and if you still insist you can buy a pre configured mine from factories in China and the likes. I saw one complete miner with about 8 GPUs called pandaminer and it's selling my for $2180 . You can google "pandaminer" to find out more.
Sr.Urbanist

Activity: 315
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:42:12 AM

If in the USA, charge $175/hr

I think that's maybe a little high for Montana.  Here, it would be $50 +$75 per hour.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: