Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitdouble.io Bracket Competition (1BTC in Prizes)  (Read 5077 times)
cancerbola

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Supermutated Virulent Microbial Strain

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:46:52 AM

Ok. Forget everything I have said about multi-accounters in this thread so far. The last 3 newbie entries take it to the next level.

Link to profile                            Time of registration           Last active
1: https://archive.is/NYkwy        Today at 03:41:23 AM        Today at 04:03:34 AM
2: https://archive.is/P3ExW        Today at 04:04:38 AM        Today at 04:18:59 AM
3: https://archive.is/EhElX         Today at 04:19:50 AM         Today at 04:22:26 AM

These 3 accounts were created, used and dumped in a matter of minutes (similar to the previous newbie entries). However, if you look at the registration and last active times you'll see that someone has been entering the draw multiple times, albeit in a very obvious and detectable manner.

If this is not mult-accounting, then I don't know what is. Every entry made so far needs to undergo an IP check.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qvazimodo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:22:49 AM

Ok. Forget everything I have said about multi-accounters in this thread so far. The last 3 newbie entries take it to the next level.

Link to profile                            Time of registration           Last active
1: https://archive.is/NYkwy        Today at 03:41:23 AM        Today at 04:03:34 AM
2: https://archive.is/P3ExW        Today at 04:04:38 AM        Today at 04:18:59 AM
3: https://archive.is/EhElX         Today at 04:19:50 AM         Today at 04:22:26 AM

These 3 accounts were created, used and dumped in a matter of minutes (similar to the previous newbie entries). However, if you look at the registration and last active times you'll see that someone has been entering the draw multiple times, albeit in a very obvious and detectable manner.

If this is not mult-accounting, then I don't know what is. Every entry made so far needs to undergo an IP check.

What are you trying to achieve?
Newbies are allowed to participate.
cancerbola

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:33:32 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 07:41:58 AM by cancerbola

There is a multi-accounter participating in this competition. Multi-accounting is essentially cheating since it gives unfair advantage to them. Does this behaviour not look like someone is cheating here? Of course, you'd have to say no since you are one of the accounts I tagged above.

I am not against newbies. However, it seems that this multi-accounter (you) is using newly registered accounts to enter and abuse this competition. I am sorry for attacking newbies that are not using multiple accounts whilst exposing this cheater.
venditori

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:23:42 PM

Nick: venditori
Bets:
BitDouble.io (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:17:32 PM

The spreadsheet has been added to the OP. We will verify the users bets on the final day of the competition, so spots are subject to change if users didnt bet the right min amount.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QwrUCxRIftf7GTwQGj_jkxwO85tFp9qTU8tapVN_NQI/edit?usp=sharing

I see all the newbies applying and I think we shouldve added a rule for btctalk acct must be a certain rank to join. The problem with that is some of our players were brought to us via twitter and other advertising methods. So theyre legit new accounts. thenitro and CHelat are 2 of the bigger players on our site. Id have to look into the others, but i guess my point is we wanted the contest open to anyone. Didnt expect the contest to be taken advantage of. We will try to consider this on future promotions.

Happy Valentines Day all

Zoel

Activity: 647

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:18:38 PM

There is a multi-accounter participating in this competition. Multi-accounting is essentially cheating since it gives unfair advantage to them. Does this behaviour not look like someone is cheating here? Of course, you'd have to say no since you are one of the accounts I tagged above.

I am not against newbies. However, it seems that this multi-accounter (you) is using newly registered accounts to enter and abuse this competition. I am sorry for attacking newbies that are not using multiple accounts whilst exposing this cheater.
Save yours words, you fail for be a hero today.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:02:19 PM

Nickname : maat

Thanks!

th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:50:35 AM

how to participate here?

It's pretty simple to understand please read this quote that is very clear about how to participate.

you need to read the rules

- 1 entry per bitcointalk account
- Must wager 25mbtc
- Min bet per bet ID is 1mbtc
- Wagers after bet ID 345445 only will count
- Must post bet IDs proving you wagered in your application
- If you make all 1mbtc bets You will post a maximum of 25 1mbtc Bet IDs in your application
- Must post your bitdouble username
- If you post bets IDs claiming you wagered but are just trying to cheat without meeting wager requirements you'll be removed from contest.
- 25mbtc wagered doesn't mean 24.9mbtc. You'll be expected to wager the minimum to be qualified.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:42:34 PM

I see all the newbies applying and I think we shouldve added a rule for btctalk acct must be a certain rank to join. The problem with that is some of our players were brought to us via twitter and other advertising methods. So theyre legit new accounts. thenitro and CHelat are 2 of the bigger players on our site. Id have to look into the others, but i guess my point is we wanted the contest open to anyone. Didnt expect the contest to be taken advantage of. We will try to consider this on future promotions.

I think it is only fair to exclude newbies you are not able to verify. You can accept entries via other media, or use them to confirm newbie entries here.

If newbs win all the prizes, it will not appear fair to honest participants. A little more so if the drawings aren't provably fair.
BitDouble.io (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:22:45 PM

I think it is only fair to exclude newbies you are not able to verify. You can accept entries via other media, or use them to confirm newbie entries here.

If newbs win all the prizes, it will not appear fair to honest participants. A little more so if the drawings aren't provably fair.
The competition is decided by our own roulette wheel. Its totally random. Going by your logic its impossible for a newbie to be a legit account?

Zoel

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:07:45 AM

The competition is decided by our own roulette wheel. Its totally random. Going by your logic its impossible for a newbie to be a legit account?
There's have two ways:
1. People Trying to cheating of the contest.
2. They're Real.
As spelled out ndnh when the winner is newbie it's like to unfair (1players). We also must not prejudice, Contest's running only on forums bitcointalk then allowing for new players who sign up here to join contest. I really have not more idea, I'm just trust contest running as fair.
Goodluck everybody Wink
BitDouble.io (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:17:58 AM

There's have two ways:
2. They're Real.
As spelled out ndnh when the winner is newbie it's like to unfair (1players). We also must not prejudice, Contest's running only on forums bitcointalk then allowing for new players who sign up here to join contest. I really have not more idea, I'm just trust contest running as fair.
Goodluck everybody Wink
I guess i can see what you mean. We have held many promos and paid them all. Not all were newbie winners. We arejust trying to allow as many ppl a chance to enter as possible. Any way we go about it, ppl would still be able to cheat. As i hear many have bought accounts here.

How would you suggest we combat this?

Zoel

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:38:39 AM

There's have two ways:
2. They're Real.
Goodluck everybody Wink
I guess i can see what you mean. We have held many promos and paid them all. Not all were newbie winners. We arejust trying to allow as many ppl a chance to enter as possible. Any way we go about it, ppl would still be able to cheat. As i hear many have bought accounts here.

I think back again to the organizers, how to review / analyze like information obtained. If you can catch there's are ppl trying to cheating just kick out from the contest. Due to regulations established in the beginning there are no rank qualifying.
cancerbola

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:41:26 AM

There's have two ways:
2. They're Real.
Goodluck everybody Wink

Regularly perform IP checks on all of the accounts that enter a promotion. If you find a multi-accounter, freeze their accounts, confiscate their winnings from promos and ban them forever.

Newbies can be both legit or cheating as Zoel said. I am not against clean newbies entering a competition, but the thing is that newbie accounts are so easily made by anyone. That is why you should keep an extra eye on newbies if you decide to let them participate.
Mwox

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:52:45 PM

I am RubberedMonkey.

Roll ID

The site is good!
somuchee

Activity: 837

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 01:28:49 AM

Username : somuchee

Bet ID :

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:08:28 AM

There's have two ways:
2. They're Real.
Goodluck everybody Wink

Regularly perform IP checks on all of the accounts that enter a promotion. If you find a multi-accounter, freeze their accounts, confiscate their winnings from promos and ban them forever.

Newbies can be both legit or cheating as Zoel said. I am not against clean newbies entering a competition, but the thing is that newbie accounts are so easily made by anyone. That is why you should keep an extra eye on newbies if you decide to let them participate.
Regarding on verification we should not doubt on the management of bitdouble because they are making the best possible solution in any circumstances and talking about newbie account its not actually a bad thing but multi-accounts arent allowed, management could easily identify whose making multi-accounts and do cheat on the promo.

Apriand

Activity: 896
Merit: 1008

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:12:22 AM

Username : Apriand

Bet id:

ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:36:00 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 11:46:29 AM by ndnh

There's have two ways:
2. They're Real.
Goodluck everybody Wink

Regarding on verification we should not doubt on the management of bitdouble because they are making the best possible solution in any circumstances and talking about newbie account its not actually a bad thing but multi-accounts arent allowed, management could easily identify whose making multi-accounts and do cheat on the promo.

It is better just to exclude newbies. TBH, I (or anyone) can create some newbie accounts, I don't think you will be able to find or flag them.

How are you conducing the draws?
I assume you decide which roll decides the result. In any case, won't you know the rolls for the day by the first block of the day?

It is possible.

Your promo. You decide the rules.
Mansch

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 11:38:46 AM

Nice step.It will be a boost to traffic on BD now. There were not very much people there
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: