Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 284 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Updated Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns  (Read 17845 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 12:00:57 PM

As long as you don't pay the participants yourself.

Confused.

If I am escrowing the funds

-MZ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 12:08:46 PM

As long as you don't pay the participants yourself.

Confused.

If I am escrowing the funds

-MZ
I mean that it would count as escrow as long as you don't touch the funds he has given you.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
sho_road_warrior

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

PMs blocked, send answers to main.

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:13:42 PM

There are 3 distinct roles the person that profits from the advertising (owner of service), the person that manages the campaign (sig operator) and the person that holds funds should one of the other two disappear (escrow).

If a single person does more than one role, there is a possible conflict of interest.

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:21:42 PM

There are 3 distinct roles the person that profits from the advertising (owner of service), the person that manages the campaign (sig operator) and the person that holds funds should one of the other two disappear (escrow).

If a single person does more than one role, there is a possible conflict of interest.

There is a possible conflict everywhere no matter the role.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 03:25:09 PM

I mean that it would count as escrow as long as you don't touch the funds he has given you.

Thanks, Mitchełł! You were helpful! Smiley

+1. Thanks for the simple explanation, shorena. Now it is crystal clear. Smiley

-MZ

sho_road_warrior

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

PMs blocked, send answers to main.

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:55:55 PM

Yes, every single person could be a scammer, but usualy at least the escrowing person is known to be trustworthy (at least for now).The point of this setup with three people is that the operator of the service and the manager of the campaign can run and participants still get paid.  If the manager does the escrow, well there is no escrow as the point of escrow is that its another person. I am sure you can find someone that is acceptable for you if you want that "Escrow: yes" in the table for your campaign.

┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:05:08 PM

Yes, every single person could be a scammer, but usualy at least the escrowing person is known to be trustworthy (at least for now).The point of this setup with three people is that the operator of the service and the manager of the campaign can run and participants still get paid.  If the manager does the escrow, well there is no escrow as the point of escrow is that its another person. I am sure you can find someone that is acceptable for you if you want that "Escrow: yes" in the table for your campaign.
That trustworthy escrower could be asked to run the campaign and become a trustworthy manager and we could start the conversation all over again.
Dividing the campaign between the manager and the escrower is important only when the manager is a new guy that is yet to gain trust in the community.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

I would personally say as long as the person paying out the funds is not the same as the person who is receiving the advertising (the entity that is incurring the debt as a result of holding the signature campaign) then it should be considered as escrowed. The reason for this is that if a company were to have their services advertised, have an escrow both handle payments and escrow funds then if the escrow were to run away then the company receiving the advertising would still owe participants their payment. As long as participants do not edit their enrollment post then the owner of the service being advertised should have enough information to pay participants.

IMO the bit-x campaign is 100% not escrowed because funds are sent to bit-x addresses who then process payments therefore bit-x are effectively handling payments to participants. Marco holding funds on their behalf is nothing more then a device to install confidence that should not be there.

On the other hand the ocupy campaign is escrowed because if the owners of ocupy were to run away then they would still be 'protected' by marco (if you trust him enough, but that is another discussion) if the owners of ocupy were to run away, and if marco were to run away with his escrowed funds then the owners of ocupy would still owe the participants of the campaign.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:01:01 PM

Yes, every single person could be a scammer, but usualy at least the escrowing person is known to be trustworthy (at least for now).The point of this setup with three people is that the operator of the service and the manager of the campaign can run and participants still get paid.  If the manager does the escrow, well there is no escrow as the point of escrow is that its another person. I am sure you can find someone that is acceptable for you if you want that "Escrow: yes" in the table for your campaign.

No use in finding another escrow for the bit-x campaign anymore (perhaps could've been useful at the beginning if no one trusted me). Since this is (was) not the case, I think it is fine as is.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:03:51 PM

Yes, every single person could be a scammer, but usualy at least the escrowing person is known to be trustworthy (at least for now).The point of this setup with three people is that the operator of the service and the manager of the campaign can run and participants still get paid.  If the manager does the escrow, well there is no escrow as the point of escrow is that its another person. I am sure you can find someone that is acceptable for you if you want that "Escrow: yes" in the table for your campaign.

No use in finding another escrow for the bit-x campaign anymore (perhaps could've been useful at the beginning if no one trusted me). Since this is (was) not the case, I think it is fine as is.

Yes that was not my point. Stunna did not use escrow either. Maybe I got it wrong, but I understood that you wanted to have you listed as escrow for a campaign you manage.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
lolled

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

I would personally say as long as the person paying out the funds is not the same as the person who is receiving the advertising (the entity that is incurring the debt as a result of holding the signature campaign) then it should be considered as escrowed. The reason for this is that if a company were to have their services advertised, have an escrow both handle payments and escrow funds then if the escrow were to run away then the company receiving the advertising would still owe participants their payment. As long as participants do not edit their enrollment post then the owner of the service being advertised should have enough information to pay participants.

IMO the bit-x campaign is 100% not escrowed because funds are sent to bit-x addresses who then process payments therefore bit-x are effectively handling payments to participants. Marco holding funds on their behalf is nothing more then a device to install confidence that should not be there.

On the other hand the ocupy campaign is escrowed because if the owners of ocupy were to run away then they would still be 'protected' by marco (if you trust him enough, but that is another discussion) if the owners of ocupy were to run away, and if marco were to run away with his escrowed funds then the owners of ocupy would still owe the participants of the campaign.

That is what I have always wondered as well. But have never got a clear answer.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:05:25 PM

Hillariously unhelpful!   sho_road_warrior actually expressed the mathematics well, if any one person is involved in more than one of the three roles, that's your definition for COI.

What I thought was funny about this thread is how shockingly seriousl mitche?? is about the conflict of interest on this topic but how dismissive he was about sed's accusation regarding staff posting ads in the OP.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 07:17:33 PM

What I thought was funny about this thread is how shockingly seriousl mitche?? is about the conflict of interest on this topic but how dismissive he was about sed's accusation regarding staff posting ads in the OP.
Care to explain how that was a conflict of interest? Like I said before, I don't have the power to decide who can have ads in their thread, only BadBear and Theymos can. The only thing I can do is moderate the Dutch subsection, everywhere else I'm just a regular user.

I did remove the ad in the end, because I didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit that came with it. It's not worth the $3 - $5 I received every 10 days.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 09:29:55 PM

Care to explain how that was a conflict of interest? Like I said before, I don't have the power to decide who can have ads in their thread, only BadBear and Theymos can. The only thing I can do is moderate the Dutch subsection, everywhere else I'm just a regular user.

I did remove the ad in the end, because I didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit that came with it. It's not worth the $3 - $5 I received every 10 days.

Please set up a donation address in the OP, so I (and hopefully others) can send you a little thank you from time to time.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 09:39:38 PM

Please set up a donation address in the OP, so I (and hopefully others) can send you a little thank you from time to time.
I have re-added that section. Thank you for reminding me. ^^

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

blablaace

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

That coffee thing is really nice
baristor

Activity: 635
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:52:52 PM

whoever made this thread  much thanks 2 him!
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:16:15 AM

Kind of sad that you removed the ad. Sad You deserved that bonus cash despite how small it was.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:35:22 AM

I wouldn't pay much attention to people complaining about this non-issue. They're free to have their opinion but it's not a big deal especially if you got the OK from staff. I'd just put it back up and ignore criticism. I think its perfectly fine for you to have it and obviously you're not going to get much in donations. You could also keep the add but give the money to a charity or something.
victorhing
Legendary

Activity: 1435
Merit: 1118

CoinRoyale.com

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:04:04 PM

Can OP update our status? We've already paid out all participants in the last 2 weeks since we started.

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 284 »
  Print  

Jump to: