Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Satoshi Nakamoto an A.I.?  (Read 6732 times)
st0nefish

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:45:32 AM

Couldn't Satoshi Nakamoto be an A.I. Bitcoin's implementation was certainly complex involving 31,000 lines of code. Bitcoin was probably created by an A.I. What do you guys think?

Satoshi A.I. It was not.
Today,  There are studies poetry and film scenario writing with A.I.
I do not know any artificial intelligence programs that write their own program? But what is needed for this is to write the algorithm. Once the algorithm is written, you can convert it to any program language

Written algorithm is already a program in its own right

The very process of formulating an algo doing something basically comes down to writing the sequence of actions (aka set of rules) required to arrive at a given result in some formal language. Converting it to a programming language is just another algo which translates this set of rules understandable by humans into the form understandable either by a computer directly (opcodes) or through another algo (compiler)

It is not right to define the concept of algorithm as software.

The software is machine commands that are created to perform certain tasks. Algorithms are not in the format the computer understands. An algorithm is a specific rules string that you define to do a job. And for each platform these rules change the sequence. The software will emerge when you code these rules for the relevant platform.

The two are different things.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HarringtonStark

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 10:50:56 AM

Definitely a human, not an AI

hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:04:52 AM

I don't think that any Artificial intelligence was ever developed back in 2008. and still people are trying had to implement brain in computing system So definitely not possible. And its a easy or same task that satoshi had written to build the system but every line of the system had different logics so AI could think and make the logics possible.
TechnoYogi (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:49:25 AM

Just a thought. Dan Kaminsky had said the initial bitcoin implementation was extremely painstakingly coded to prevent attacks. This amount of perfection surely isn't fully human I suppose.
divinemaniac

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:56:19 AM

I am a huge AI enthusiast and the way I look at it, I do not see the possibility of Satoshi being an AI.
I mean, in the first place, creating an AI which could code something this complex would be a challenge greater than that of creating Bitcoin.
Second, code written by such an AI would not be all that efficient, because even if such an AI was created, it would take you a huge amount of time to train it to write optimal code.
Third, AI was not as advanced as it is now during the time bitcoin was created.

P.S. Here's a thought, maybe Satoshi created an AI and named it after himself, which coded Bitcoin. XD
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:06:31 PM

No I don't think so, Satoshi is impossible is an A.I because A.I can't create something that hasn't exist, in other words, A.I can't be an investor, bitcoin is the human works, it is inspired by the daily life and the dream of a currency that can be used every where and free from anyone controls

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
syndria

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:16:46 PM

I dont believe AI can be smart like this. AI can be good but not in this way in this century.
TechnoYogi (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:37:37 PM

P.S. Here's a thought, maybe Satoshi created an AI and named it after himself, which coded Bitcoin. XD

Exactly..
TechnoYogi (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:45:48 PM

So don't you think Bitcoin could be partially coded by A.I.?

I can see that as a possibility.  Satoshi and A.I.

Thanks!
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:06:42 PM

I dont believe AI can be smart like this. AI can be good but not in this way in this century.

I suppose you haven't watched Person of Interest have you? The downfall of the human race will be caused by the uprising of the machines. The current trend is to put automation in almost any device around us and connecting everything in the Internet of Things but what will happen when they turn against us? Some food for thought I guess. Skynet might turn out to be real after all  Roll Eyes
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:22:48 PM

Couldn't Satoshi Nakamoto be an A.I. Bitcoin's implementation was certainly complex involving 31,000 lines of code. Bitcoin was probably created by an A.I. What do you guys think?

Why would you possibly think an A.I. can actually do that? and off course the developer of bitcoin is simply a human, we human are the once who make A.I.'s program it the way it do the things we want them to do and simply will obey the task that a human would say to them but surely you are thinking that a system like bitcoin is vastly great and it is really big right now that is why you simply mistook satoshi over something that can get the system done without realizing the story behind it.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 02:02:24 PM

You might not be far from the truth but 31,000 lines of code can as well be written by a group of individuals or a community who might have shared responsibilities and not just a machine. I think it's debatable and calls for research.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 02:05:44 PM

I suppose you haven't watched Person of Interest have you? The downfall of the human race will be caused by the uprising of the machines. The current trend is to put automation in almost any device around us and connecting everything in the Internet of Things but what will happen when they turn against us? Some food for thought I guess. Skynet might turn out to be real after all  Roll Eyes

This is unlikely to happen

What is actually going to happen and in fact already happens is turning humans themselves into machine-like creatures. If we use a calculator (or just a stone axe), we are already extending our capabilities beyond what nature directly equipped us with, but here I refer to more tight integration like neural interfaces which would allow us to actually perceive these increased capabilities as an integral part of ourselves. Ultimately, the living neurons themselves could be replaced or augmented with artificial ones, more efficient and sustainable (so to speak). And that will be the end of human evolution as a biological species

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:18:41 PM

Cyborgs are definitely more far-fetched and hard to construct than androids or A.I. Androids with unhindered A.I. able to act at will is actually terrifying. The problem is not with humans losing their humanity to technology slowly by replacing different parts of the body with artificial ones, but with machines having their own mind and perceiving the human race as inferior to them.
Just watch Westworld, it's another brilliant HBO production and touches on this topic of building artificial intelligence and the issues arising from it.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:08:42 AM

Cyborgs are definitely more far-fetched and hard to construct than androids or A.I. Androids with unhindered A.I. able to act at will is actually terrifying. The problem is not with humans losing their humanity to technology slowly by replacing different parts of the body with artificial ones, but with machines having their own mind and perceiving the human race as inferior to them.
Just watch Westworld, it's another brilliant HBO production and touches on this topic of building artificial intelligence and the issues arising from it.
We don't necessarily need to completely integrate with machines and create cyborgs, we could do what we already do create machines that enable us to perform an action with the help of technology, the only difference is as technology progress we get improved capabilities, just look at computers and the internet, now most people have access to smart phones which have access to the internet and with that you have access to almost any amount of knowledge in the world.
frendsento

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:23:48 AM

I don't know where you find this question but Satoshi being an AI is not true ! To develop bitcoin it requires a big critical thinking skills that a human personal can only have ! It can't be processed by an AI and AI dont have the capacity to do so! , AI is and Invention and to invent something from an invention is not scientifically feasible !
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:11:22 AM

So someone finally fixed the Neural Pathways on that Positronic Brain from Area 51 ,   Cheesy

Cool
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:21:07 AM

Rather than What I think or what others think, get on with facts. It is near to impossible to solve such complicated problems and write codes for it. Humans not yet have discovered all the things yet, so an A.I. making Bitcoin is highly impossible.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:33:21 AM

satoshi could be very well not a human android or cyborg but just a bot like the one that has won at GO made with deeplearning algorithm

but again to make oen of those bot you still need an human behind it, this mean that someone has all the idea and just put it in to the bot
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:40:01 AM

So according to you every complicated code longer that 31,000 lines of code is that advanced that humans cant grasp it?
First of all, lines of code is silly measurement, it literally doesn't prove anything, certainly isn't benchmark of awesomeness.
Windows 7 operating system is estimated to has 40 million lines of code, but Vista (older system) had more than 50 million lines of code.
So tell me which system is superior? The one with the more lines of code?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: