Can we have a bitcoin day?

(1/79) > >>

DomainMagnate:
Every big event or thing, invention has a day to commemorate or its commemorative day https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commemorative_days
I would like to call upon entire bitcoin community to make a bitcoin commemorative day also.
Something like World Bitcoin Day.
I hope this will bring bitcoin to more attention.
Edit : Poll added.Everyone is requested to vote.

Dudeperfect:
I would be great to have a bitcoin or cryptocurrency day but to be honest we don't deserve it yet IMO. We need a great user base as compared to that of fiat and something concrete activity or event such as government's legal status to cryptocurrencies. Such things really matters (see commerce graph on valentine day) so in the long run, it is really beneficial.

Mometaskers:
That sounds great but who would organize such an event? Bitcoin and cryptos in general don' have a large enough base and considering how decentralized btc is, holding a worldwide event would really be hard.

darklus123:
I also like the idea, however it just came through my mind that as far as i know FIAT doesn't have like fiat day or something like that. So why would us? Tho if we are going to take it further like business innovations then it might really be a good one. Or if the topic is all about the improvements using bitcoin as a medium

Cyrus:
The day the Genesis block was mined is imo the best candidate. Also, we already have Bitcoin Pizza Day for a few years now :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page