Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New rig. Pool or sell hashes?  (Read 1017 times)
ParaplegicRacehorse (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:13:27 PM

I have a [very] small amount of hashing power.

What are the most important points to consider in choosing to pool or resell?

What are the comparative pros/cons of pooling vs. hash-selling (rigrentals, nicehash, etc)?

These may be the same question, but I can't seem to find any source of information. Not even the hashing services publish anything on the matter, which is weird.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:38:35 PM

Well really both give out nearly the same amount of bitcoin; Services give out more consistent payouts whereas when you pool mine you count on the pool hitting blocks and you also count on good luck. Over a long period of time I'd say services like nice hash give a little bit more.
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 07:46:41 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2017, 05:22:19 PM by wmabern

What are the comparative pros/cons of pooling vs. hash-selling (rigrentals, nicehash, etc)?

These may be the same question, but I can't seem to find any source of information. Not even the hashing services publish anything on the matter, which is weird.

You can setup your miners pointing to Mining Rig Rentals with their proxy. When your miners are rented, well, they're rented and you're getting paid by the renter.
When your miners are not being rented, you set the proxy to automatically switch over to Kano.is or some other pool of your choosing. That way you can get a little of both.

However if your rigs are rented and pointed somewhere else, you are losing out on any blocks the pool finds during that rental time. [Unless you are mining on a PPLNS payment pool, the you will / may get some of your hash paid out.]
Hope that makes sense.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 04:52:57 PM

I doubt it's weird, I suppose it's because the rates they offer are bad for you.
I'd suggest to find a solo mining pool and just hope you get lucky, or find a pool that has a low payout threshold.
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

What is your idea of "a [very] small amount of hashing power"?

To some people that means 10TH's and others may consider 100TH's very low. In the grand scheme of things, 1PH is pretty low. Wink

Your answer to this question is one of "the most important points to consider". An equally important point is how much do you pay for electricity where you live?
Is the electricity and internet stable?

Those are just a couple of the MANY questions to resolve and calculate into your mining plan.

Use one of the multiple online profitability calculators to determine if there is a way to make money or is it all a losing proposition. Some factors you just can't change.

Good luck!

ParaplegicRacehorse (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:25:38 AM

Let's just say I have enough hash:watt to be marginally profitable depending on how and where I apply it. I doubt any other miner will say differently about their own rig. Because of their method of selling, MiningRigRentals would have no interest in me at all but to NiceHash it's just hash and they resell it along with everyone else's. Some pools might reject my hash because it's stupid small. Others take the shares I solve and add it in with everyone else.

Your answer to this question is one of "the most important points to consider".

I disagree. I don't see how it has any bearing except on which specific pools/resellers I can work with. It has nothing to do with the merits of the two options, which is what I am asking about.

An equally important point is how much do you pay for electricity where you live?

Use one of the multiple online profitability calculators to determine if there is a way to make money or is it all a losing proposition. Some factors you just can't change.

I have already done this to my satisfaction. Please stay on topic.
wmabern

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:11:39 AM

Let's just say I have enough hash:watt to be marginally profitable depending on how and where I apply it. I doubt any other miner will say differently about their own rig. Because of their method of selling, MiningRigRentals would have no interest in me at all but to NiceHash it's just hash and they resell it along with everyone else's. Some pools might reject my hash because it's stupid small. Others take the shares I solve and add it in with everyone else.

Your answer to this question is one of "the most important points to consider".

I disagree. I don't see how it has any bearing except on which specific pools/resellers I can work with. It has nothing to do with the merits of the two options, which is what I am asking about.

An equally important point is how much do you pay for electricity where you live?

I have already done this to my satisfaction. Please stay on topic.

It sounds as if you have everything well under control. So I shall keep my novice thoughts to myself.
"Please stay on topic." LOL, Now that's funny.  Shocked
Good luck.

fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

Being a total dick is not the way to get your questions answered. Especially if you are going to be vague and not answer questions when people are trying to help you.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: