Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:43:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy private mining software  (Read 2654 times)
RentGPU (OP)

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:18:19 AM

Do they really exist , is there a private miners that we don't know about it pulling 2 to 3x what is public miners doing on the same gpus.
I can see on the pools some miners with crazy speeds i can't imagine that they are using such amount of hardware to get this speed , it seems also that the cards are not really loaded when i run any of the public miners like claymore or sgminer .....just asking if there is really something like that.. Smiley

Public miners made by non-professionals for non-professionals.
Most of them yes. But look at claymore for example. His miners are way on top of other ones and he proved that it can be quite profitable even for him (when he publicly release them and not sell it to a few people)
If i was one of them i wont make it public or sell it, i will just get my hardware and enjoy my 1 month roi .

Well I don't think it's that good. You need pretty high speeds in order to make one month ROI with any GPU. Private miners mostly have 10-20% improvement over public ones. You may say well 10% is not much but it is for people with large farms
This public miners are not really using the hardware at it's max , those gpus can do alot work and you can see it if you have gpu loading monitor even with the fastest claymore my gpu usage can reach 0% and 10% loading for a while like seconds or so and never reachs 100% , 10-20% i can get it easly with some OC or just switching to linux , those hardcore miner are getting at least 2-3x what is a public miner will and thats why i am sure they use there own hardware.
Other guys here explained you why core utilization is low. In fact for ETH what you want to do is lower the core clock and boost memory clock. Claymore is great developer and he is doing best he can. There are always myths that there are this "private miners" (I mean there are but they are not what everyone thinks) that will boost your hashing speed 10 times. Every now and then there is thread on btctalk and instead of opening new one you could've just searched for answer.  Of course maybe we are all wrong here and you know that there is miner that will boost your speed 2-3 times ? (yeah right...)
Ok, assume i am wrong go a head, heatup your gpus ,OC them, exhuast them on public miners do big farms and you won't even touch those miners i am talking about ,becuase they are pro.programers can make thier own miners for thier own hardware.

2016 GPU Miner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:31:45 AM

By the way i monitored the gpu loading while mining zcash which is core intensive not etherum and also by the way i was mining zcash with nheqminer by cpu but the loading was 100% stable all time.

2016 GPU Miner
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:11:39 AM

By the way i monitored the gpu loading while mining zcash which is core intensive not etherum and also by the way i was mining zcash with nheqminer by cpu but the loading was 100% stable all time.

You are welcome to believe that everyone's lying to you and that 2x or 3x speed miners do exist, and that mining is not profitable for you and me at all. You are welcome to arrive at that conclusion based on your absolute 0 knowledge or understanding of algos or programming as is evident from your claims that "Oh CPU and GPU isn't always 100% maxed out, this must mean more headroom that is deliberately being withheld from us". You are welcome to believe that, despite the obvious and overwhelming economic benefit for them, people like Claymore "Choose" to give you and I the shitty version of the miner while reserving the better stuff for "Large Farms".
I would urge you to sell off what little hardware you have and quit mining (and whining) altogether. Let the "Large Farms" take all the money, whats the point of wasting time here anyways?

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:00:43 PM

I do this for a living, and there's not 2x to 3x faster miners for the current most profitable algos. Efficiency is different, but they're not that much faster.
About the amd rx4** series i found that all public miners can't reach max speed on this cards specially even claymore said it that "there is no way to reach it on those cards at least on windows" , so maybe someone did and also how come older gpus can reach higher speeds than rx series so there is still a chance that at least this series can reach double that speed , i am not saying that anyone making a public miner is doing a bad job i know he is doing the best he can and he deserve the fee ,but i am only saying that maybe someone crossed the lines with a private miner , because there are ppl with so high speeds out there.

2016 GPU Miner
cccp

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:24:43 PM

Any hardware can run at the low level. No OS no drivers. 100% GPU spent for mining. I guess it's more than 10-20% improvements.
stoniestfool

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:15:03 PM

I have only been mining 6 months. The only private miner there is actually proof of sold to 1 private buyer. The miner gave around 34.5 hash on eth. As it was an eth miner. Now a month or so ago it may have been worth what the buyer paid. Now with the price of dcr, even this miner would be less profitable that dual mining. Congratulations to the seller. I would love to know the cost, just out of curiosity. Smiley
You can not code a gpu to have more cores,threads ect than it physicial has. But i know a hardware trick that does. Nanana Smiley That only work on a very few specific cards. Requires soldering and without a doubt voids any warranty. Wish I could share. Since, I am not a coder. That is all I have. SRY.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:30:13 PM

I have only been mining 6 months. The only private miner there is actually proof of sold to 1 private buyer. The miner gave around 34.5 hash on eth. As it was an eth miner. Now a month or so ago it may have been worth what the buyer paid. Now with the price of dcr, even this miner would be less profitable that dual mining. Congratulations to the seller. I would love to know the cost, just out of curiosity. Smiley
You can not code a gpu to have more cores,threads ect than it physicial has. But i know a hardware trick that does. Nanana Smiley That only work on a very few specific cards. Requires soldering and without a doubt voids any warranty. Wish I could share. Since, I am not a coder. That is all I have. SRY.
If you can really do this so you have just proved my theory...congrates Smiley

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 06:33:41 PM

rx 480 can do 28-29 on eth so 34 is improvement but not 2-3 times faster as you say. I don't understand why is it so hard to image that someone can buy a warehouse and a lot of miners and get that high hashrate you see Smiley
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:27:14 PM

rx 480 can do 28-29 on eth so 34 is improvement but not 2-3 times faster as you say. I don't understand why is it so hard to image that someone can buy a warehouse and a lot of miners and get that high hashrate you see Smiley
How to imagine that someone can get 2.2MH/s on zec algo ....so he is running 10000 rxs maybe Smiley .. And also what hard to imagine that someone can really implement those algo 2-3x faster ,if imagination no.1 is possible ,then no.2 is a fact.

2016 GPU Miner
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:15:03 PM

How to imagine that someone can get 2.2MH/s on zec algo ....so he is running 10000 rxs maybe Smiley .. And also what hard to imagine that someone can really implement those algo 2-3x faster ,if imagination no.1 is possible ,then no.2 is a fact.

It's not possible to do it 2-3x faster on the same card. Your conspiracy theory is coming from ignorance of the technology.

I have to agree with that, private miners could be good but not "THAT" good, if any devs would be able to triple hashing speed of any algo, any other devs with enough skill would be able to duplicate it, with all the open-source dev we got you would see massive improvements for sure. What make private miners good, is the one dev that has a very innovative idea of doing things, and is able to squeeze a little more hash from something, but i can't believe especially on well known algos that you could have x2 x3, of course on new algos or unpopular/unknown one you can have massive improvements, but it's just because no one took care of them before or not since long (unoptimized for new hardwares for example)

What i could suspect on another hand, is that some people have "private" hardware like FGPA or ASICs that aren't known from the public, and that could really make the difference, but as software goes, private miner should be in the ballpark of ~10% at the most, and it's already huge when you look @ a the size of some farms
Vetal_inside

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:21:08 PM

It's not possible to do it 2-3x faster on the same card. Your conspiracy theory is coming from ignorance of the technology.
This summer there was private lbry miner, written by you Grin. It gave 2x hashrate from open version: 120mh vs 60mh on 280x. I don't know, it became available to people "for free" or not, but this is fact - 2x hashrate on private miner.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:23:09 PM

This summer there was private lbry miner, written by you Grin. It gave 2x hashrate from open version: 120mh vs 60mh on 280x. I don't know, it became available to people "for free" or not, but this is fact - 2x hashrate on private miner.

As i said above it was probably because the algo wasn't optimized @ all for new hardwares or by itself, lbry was niche altcoin not long ago, for very optimised algo (eth for example), you will get maybe a few % from private not more.
RentGPU (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:12:14 PM

As i said above it was probably because the algo wasn't optimized @ all for new hardwares or by itself, lbry was niche altcoin not long ago, for very optimised algo (eth for example), you will get maybe a few % from private not more.
In the back days of zcash every version comes out ppl say thats the max you can't get more but claymore until now released 11 versions all have a speed improvments i remember i was mining zcash with the same cards i have now at first days i was getting 20-30sols/card now i am getting 220-224sols/same card at this days ppl also said we are close to max speed on zec..but that didn't happen actually we are mining now zec with 10x that speed.
By the way zec algo is not that old like ETH.

2016 GPU Miner
Vetal_inside

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:17:42 PM

You are right, this was in the begining. But - remember darkcoin(Dash now) and his x11 algo? All started from 4mh on 280x, after some time it increases to 6-7mh on public miner, and after year or two(if I not wrong) - nicehash upload "leaked precompiled bins" with 12mh performance. How long time some people used these optimized bins, while all others used "normal" bins? Month,  two? Or more? I dont know...

And for eth - there exist private miner , from Wolf too, that gives +10-15% more hashrate. I think, that with custom memory timings, it is possible get up to +25% on comparison with CM/SG and standart memory timings mod.

So, some people has much more profitable mining, than others...and they are among us.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:21:49 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2017, 11:32:06 PM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

There will always be people with more profitable mining, being either custom bios, hardware, software, but if the algo are known and well used, you can't have x2 or x3 performance private versus public, all the algos that have that are usually more niche and not loved as much by devs. You have to feel the wind to get the most profits Smiley i doubt today even wolf0 eth private kernel is that fast as it was before against public solutions, nor that we would ever know, because part of his deal was probably to never speak about it openly again. Pretty sure also that claymore got more idea for optimisation of ETH, but maybe focus his efforts on Zcash because that's what optimisation of this algo yield the more money for him.

Also for Zcash, that was before ASM optimisation, overall this is pretty new stuff, look @ the work from claymore or zawawa on this. But we are still looking at the end of the performance for current hardwares (mostly AMD's there is still for me alot of optimisation to come for nvidia's) on the most well known algos, and no one got miners with +50% more hash on those.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: