Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk Post Iconizer - Custom post / PM editing buttons for adding BB code  (Read 4814 times)
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 11:34:29 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 07:18:12 PM by mprep
Merited by Welsh (5), TheBeardedBaby (1)

As I noticed a user express interest in BTC-like buttons for altcoins, I decided: why not make a simple but extendable userscript platform for custom buttons. And I did:

Bitcointalk Post Iconizer v0.22

Altcoin plugin v0.1

Features:
  • Add custom post and PM editing buttons.
  • Create your own customized button (plugins) with a single function call.
  • Easily install new button plugins (via userscripts)
  • Lightweight, uses functions the default buttons already use.

Installation and usage instructions, plugin examples:

See the project's repository front page: https://github.com/mprep-btc/Bitcointalk-Post-Iconizer

Official plugins:

Altcoin Icons v0.2 - 4 coins added to the plugin, feel free to suggest more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782028.0.
Unimplemented BB Code Icons v0.5 - 4 buttons added allowing the use of BB code that works but didn't have the buttons.

Feel free to leave your suggestions, comments or bug reports for the core or plugin(s). I pretty much just threw this together in an evening of tinkering so it's bound to have at least one bug. Donations are welcome: 1mprepxqZeK7LcRYEz84DVJKCvF8CQ8gu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:43:31 AM

I think i get it and i wonder what it will look like.. i don't see a preview / example.
Hmm maybe i don't understand after all seeing the topic title.. how about a picture to see what you mean ?

First thing i thought was isn't the new forum getting closer to coming out ?
Will this be ported ? Assuming it does not have this (i have never seen the new forum)

I think this is scam and i FUD this  Angry

He just wants our BTC  Cheesy  Grin

Add Litecoin  Cool

FUD first & ask questions later™
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 11:25:30 AM

I think i get it and i wonder what it will look like.. i don't see a preview / example.
Hmm maybe i don't understand after all seeing the topic title.. how about a picture to see what you mean ?

Will this be ported ? Assuming it does not have this (i have never seen the new forum)

I think this is scam and i FUD this  Angry

He just wants our BTC  Cheesy  Grin

Add Litecoin  Cool
Added a screenshot and rewritten the project's readme as well as the OP.

I threw this together in an evening with very little Javascript experience. If it's needed, it probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to port this over to the new forum.

Add Litecoin  Cool
It's one of the 2 coins already added to the altcoin plugin. You can vote for the others here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1782028.0

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:58:41 AM

Is there any way to have something like spoiler that when clicked it shows whatever was putted inside? sometimes people quote long posts and we could save some space by hiding some content under a 2 lines thick space.

🖤😏
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 12:16:04 PM

Is there any way to have something like spoiler that when clicked it shows whatever was putted inside? sometimes people quote long posts and we could save some space by hiding some content under a 2 lines thick space.
Not any that I'm aware of. The new forum software might have it though (?).

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 07:10:35 PM

UPDATE: Corrected a few bugs and added 2 more coins to the "Altcoin" plugin. Added a "Unimplemented BB Code" plugin which adds buttons for BB code that works but doesn't have buttons (I'm not a master of making icons so the current ones will have to do; feel free to swap them out for something else).

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:01:23 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2017, 04:45:33 AM by digaran

I love their look, wish there were at least a few more Ł Ð Ξ ɱ other than these little beautiful icons, am I the only one actually installing this? lol

I edited the size of the icons, they need to be seen properly and appreciated.

🖤😏
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 09:19:34 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 10:59:10 PM by mprep

I love their look, wish there were at least a few more Ł Ð Ξ ɱ other than these little beautiful icons, am I the only one actually installing this? lol
Feel free to suggest more, it literally is a single line of code (the difficulty's in converting the images) so I can crank out dozens of these in an hour or two.

EDIT: Well, I'd also have to figure out which Unicode character to use for the altcoin.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 04:30:59 PM

That is awesome mprep! I have two suggestions as off right now:

- Set yourself as author in the scripts. You use "@namespace", but not "@author". Grin
- You should also include the page "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=post2" and maybe even topics as I use Quick Reply, A LOT.

Feel free to suggest more, it literally is a single line of code (the difficulty's in converting the images) so I can crank out dozens of these in an hour or two.
Maybe give users the option to select what altcoins they want to show up (maybe a page like BT++ has)? I don't need a list of 100 altcoin icon's. Tongue

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:54:47 PM

That is awesome mprep! I have two suggestions as off right now:

- Set yourself as author in the scripts. You use "@namespace", but not "@author". Grin
- You should also include the page "https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=post2" and maybe even topics as I use Quick Reply, A LOT.

Maybe give users the option to select what altcoins they want to show up (maybe a page like BT++ has)? I don't need a list of 100 altcoin icon's. Tongue

Will fix it in the next update.

Isn't the post2 page just an SMF forum endpoint for creating topics? Wouldn't really change anything since you can't really do anything on it. I'll look into adding the buttons on the "Quick Reply" form though - shouldn't be that hard AFAIK.

Yeah, I have an idea how to implement it though that'll probably take a bit longer than a free evening especially considering my love / hate relationship with Javascript.

digaran
Copper Member

🖤😏

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:03:05 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 01:38:04 AM by digaran

After going through coinmarketcap all I could see as somewhat legit and worthy of the time being spent on creating their icon, I just could pick Dash, Zcash, maybe Ripple? and I have no idea what the hell is Nem. lol

EDIT: is it possible to actually insert the icons in a post and not just the symbol? it's like typing : ) and see : ) but how could we type : ) and see Smiley? I want to be able to see the colored icons just like when in April's fools day people had coin icons under their names but how could we have them inside our posts? sorry for expecting so many things, probably it's disabled by admin.

🖤😏
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:43:22 AM

I think there should be no problem with this as you just have to insert standard image, just like any other, if not that way then another.
Will check when I'll get access to desktop computer.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin nibh augue, suscipit a, scelerisque sed, lacinia in, mi. Cras vel lorem. Etiam pellentesque aliquet tellus.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: