Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 01:41:20 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam Back thinks he is the inventor of Bitcoin  (Read 5433 times)
Gleb Gamow
Legendary

Activity: 1218

@ 🎥 YuTü.Co.in 🎥

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 07:42:46 PM

asshole

Adam Back should have said, if he were never born Bitcoin would not exist. No hashcash, no bitcoin.

Yeah he should be saying, No hashcash no magic internet moniez b**** m******* f*****. I own this s***.

I do agree a little with Rawdog. It looks like he really wants more credit than what's due. But whatever his contributions is surely having a lasting impact. Bitcoin alone is a huge impact.

Rawdick wants to give him no credit, I want to give him lots of credit, but the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. It's unclear if "the Satoshi" would have come up with POW on he/she/their own without Hashcash.
No matter the amount of credit you would like to give him, or the credit I would give, the thread is about the fact that the stupid fucking plonker has given himself this credit.  

I don't really know the true value that hashcash may have been, but one thing is for certain, Adam Back wants to extend his claim to the origin of bitcoin so that he might gain additional credibility and move the network towards a proprietary off chain solution that will return money to the investors of Blockstream and royally fuck the natural progression of bitcoin development.  For this reason, I don't give a shit what Adam Back did in the past - good or bad - what he is doing now is poison to the network.  

If people don't stand up and resist this move, Bitcoin moves to a system controlled by a tiny few with a profit motive.  Wonderful scaling can come in many forms that have nothing at all to do with clever 'off chain' tricks that move profit/fees from miners to private investors.

"If we don't stand up and resist, the powers that be, controlled by a tiny few with a profit motive, will start using the other ends of their pencils. Take a damn good look at what we'll become!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:53:46 PM

If someone wants to think that he's the inventor of something by some magical mental gymnastics then let him, it's not like we have to care about him or give any serious recognition to him.

I don't think I've ever seriously considered anyone to be a real inventor of Bitcoin, directly or otherwise, other than Satoshi. And he wouldn't make his identity easily know.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender