Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 0.02, will repay 0.025 on 10th  (Read 707 times)
haseo11 (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

I need a loan of 0.02 BTC
Will repay 0.025 on 10th February
Collateral - BCT account
https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/?token=834nq3ii
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:34:30 PM

Yeah... collateral!=accounts that you can sell at the same price , its something the lender feels the borrower will return the lent amount for and something that has at least 120% value of the price it would get if sold immediately.
haseo11 (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 06:39:22 PM

This account is almost worth 0.028 which means it is satisfying the 120% rule. So, I don't really understand what you are getting at.

Also, I'm about to win a contest on sportsbet.io that entitles me 80mBTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1747222.msg17742365#msg17742365

That will definitely cover my loan amount if not my bctaccount
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:44:52 PM

The account pricer is not accurate with regard the estimate of the account's worth. Every lender will tell you that. Also, accounts have actually depreciated as so many farmers has made them. I guess most lenders will not value it as much as before and there are only a few that accepts them nowadays.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:54:08 AM

This account is almost worth 0.028 which means it is satisfying the 120% rule. So, I don't really understand what you are getting at.

If you are about to win the contest that you reffering to, you dont actually need this loan.
the pricer gives an estimated value and this is not accurate.

I will suggest yoyu to use something else as collateral and not your account here. Cool

Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:02:11 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 02:54:15 AM by Huge Black Woman

Nobody want yo low level,  broke ass bitcointalk account.  Not lendas, not nobody.  Try thet quadruple negative on fo' size, sucka.

Add:  Buddy rough, you ain't neva even seen my posts.  I ain't ashit postin'.
haseo11 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:57:38 AM

Nobody want yo low level,  broke ass bitcointalk account.  Not lendas, not nobody.  Try thet quadruple negative on fo' size, sucka.

Stop signature spamming. Accounts like yours make this community worse and worse. I gave you free negative trust for showing so much concern on this thread. Thank you.
haseo11 (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:59:20 AM

If you are about to win the contest that you reffering to, you dont actually need this loan.
the pricer gives an estimated value and this is not accurate.

I will suggest yoyu to use something else as collateral and not your account here. Cool

The prize money is awarded on 10th of Feb. I needed the loan until 10th. If no one accepts accounts anymore, may be its wise for the mods to remove it from the list of accepted collaterals.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:02:03 AM

The prize money is awarded on 10th of Feb. I needed the loan until 10th. If no one accepts accounts anymore, may be its wise for the mods to remove it from the list of accepted collaterals.

You can lock the thread yourself at the lower right.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 02:51:10 AM

Even if your name is at the top 10 it is still not guaranteed that you will win the contest
trust me I've been in the same situation as you in that contest. Sad

Best thing you can do is offer another collateral which is valid(other than your account and your future prize
money which is not valid) and will be accepted by someone.

Are these rules still accepted Vod? Cheesy
What is considered collateral?

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.

- The best collateral is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin (also written as LTC).  Coins must be moderately traded on multiple exchanges.
- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
- Small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail - i.e. gold, silver, iphones, etc.
- Large items, such as a motorcycle or guitar can be used if you live close to the person giving you the loan.  Try localbitcoins.com

What is not considered collateral?

- Items they want to sell.  They don't want it back, so they will default.  It's scammy unethical behavior and will lead to negative trust.  Check their recent posts!
- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Games codes or similar.  To verify the collateral you need to use the code, which destroys the collateral.  Consider this a purchase, not a loan.  (Post in Digital Goods instead)
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come over 6 months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)  Examples:  Steam

When should you use Escrow?

- Never send collateral directly to a low activity/post account offering you a loan, as they are likely to take your coins and disappear. (Collateral Scam)
 - Use only "Hero Members" or "Legendary Members" for escrow - they have a vested interest in the community with the time they have spent here.
 - Do not use a third party escrow service unless hero members can vouch for it - it's too easy to create a website, do a few escrows then disappear with a big balance.  Rinse and repeat.
- A list of trusted escrows can be found here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

When considering the trustworthiness of a user, ignore "Posts" as there are schemes that pay a user per post.  A person can make 1,000 useless posts in one day and contribute nothing to the community.  Instead look at the "Activity" number - that gives you a more accurate tally of how involved the user is in the community.

Ignore the sob stories that users post - it's just a scam to get your coins.  If a person really is in such a situation, they can turn to family, friends or other social circles they frequent.  They are just posting in our community because the payment is anonymous and irreversible.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████