Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USA citizen - how can I buy/sell btc without using Coinbase or LocalBitcoins?  (Read 2876 times)
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:16:46 PM

Wall of Coins allows same day purchase with cash of BTC and Dash. You search on the page what the local offers are and which bank to deposit the cash. You must have access to text messaging. There is no KYC only info they get is email and text messaging number. After you deposit the cash you they send you an email, you take 2 pictures of the receipts and email the pictures to them.

I had a snag where they didn't send the email and I was stuck waiting but after I contacted customer support they sent the email, I sent the pictures and got the coins.

There is somewhat of a markup but it is less than local bitcoins. The coins are held in escrow from the sellers. There are many banks to choose from

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:22:25 AM

Wall of Coins allows same day purchase with cash of BTC and Dash. You search on the page what the local offers are and which bank to deposit the cash.

Going to the bank can be a major PITA (pain-in-the-ass) in my area. So many people!

I tried bank deposit once at a BofA. I was told the branch would not allow me to deposit in another person's account.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:25:51 AM

Wall of Coins allows same day purchase with cash of BTC and Dash. You search on the page what the local offers are and which bank to deposit the cash.

Going to the bank can be a major PITA (pain-in-the-ass) in my area. So many people!

I tried bank deposit once at a BofA. I was told the branch would not allow me to deposit in another person's account.
That doesn't surprise me, although my own local bank allows this.  I'd estimate that 30% of people doing this are up to shady deals.  I could be wrong.

It's a damn shame that Circle is no longer with us, because they were quite convenient.  No one has stepped up to fill their shoes, unfortunately.  The only way to buy bitcoin with fiat reliably is to do the whole KYC thing with Kraken or whoever.  Not a lot of people are comfortable with that, although it was the same thing with Circle.  Buy from users on this forum.  You'll always see plenty of offers.
Simpan

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

Would that be the same as transferring money to another's account?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: