Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time investment  (Read 6286 times)
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 04:48:27 PM

Investing to BTC is a good idea, especially now, or dash , eth...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:14:16 AM

Investing in Bitcoin at present is little dicy beacuse as per the expectation instead of price moving towards 4k mark it started to fall back again and not sure the exact reason as well for this . So analysis the situation if it's going to fall and then you can buy later when the market is at lower point .
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:34:15 AM

bitcoin mining is still profitable and good but as time goes by the difficulty is increasingly fast i would recomment to do trading at the same time so your growth would be diverse. the risk is there why don't you utilized it  Smiley
noobinvestor

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:27:08 PM

I just opened my eyes to Bitcoin mining, I save up 80$ every month and was thinking maybe investing them in bitcoins wouldn't be that bad an idea? Whats your thoughts on this, what should a first timer know?

Investing in Bitcoin is always a great idea.  Investing in Bitcoin mining as others have stated, largely depends on the price you pay for electricity.

i think he can invest his money in bitcoin before he decide to bitcoin mining, with only 80$, i think its difficult to get big hashrate and in a month, we can only get less and we need long time before we can get ROI. i think its better to use 80$ to buy bitcoin when the trend is down, hold it in his wallet and sell it when its up. do it over and over until you can buy the hardware you want to mining bitcoin.

Yeah, it might be even better to just buy hashrate from reputable cloud mining operators. It would remove the hassle of setting up and maintaining it. You'd just have to wait for it to profit. Also, you can buy only a fraction of the hashing power and not really have to spend a lot of money as your initial investments.

Interesting. I'll research how to do this, but if you have an easy link/example, please share.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:32:54 PM

I just opened my eyes to Bitcoin mining, I save up 80$ every month and was thinking maybe investing them in bitcoins wouldn't be that bad an idea? Whats your thoughts on this, what should a first timer know?

Investing in Bitcoin is always a great idea.  Investing in Bitcoin mining as others have stated, largely depends on the price you pay for electricity.

i think he can invest his money in bitcoin before he decide to bitcoin mining, with only 80$, i think its difficult to get big hashrate and in a month, we can only get less and we need long time before we can get ROI. i think its better to use 80$ to buy bitcoin when the trend is down, hold it in his wallet and sell it when its up. do it over and over until you can buy the hardware you want to mining bitcoin.

Yeah, it might be even better to just buy hashrate from reputable cloud mining operators. It would remove the hassle of setting up and maintaining it. You'd just have to wait for it to profit. Also, you can buy only a fraction of the hashing power and not really have to spend a lot of money as your initial investments.

Interesting. I'll research how to do this, but if you have an easy link/example, please share.
Not a Good idea to buy hashrate from any cloud mining sites there is no reputable cloud mining until now the can stay alive for a long time almost all  are turn into scam. and honestly its not really profit even its legit or not. ..
If you really wanted to mine there is other way to mine you can try coinhive.com and use your pc to mine xmr converted directly to bitcoin or you can make your own website and start to looking for miners and earn commissions.. they earn..  This is much safe that i know for now base on what i searched and testing..
noobinvestor

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

Investing in Bitcoin is always a great idea.  Investing in Bitcoin mining as others have stated, largely depends on the price you pay for electricity.

Not a Good idea to buy hashrate from any cloud mining sites there is no reputable cloud mining until now the can stay alive for a long time almost all  are turn into scam. and honestly its not really profit even its legit or not. ..
If you really wanted to mine there is other way to mine you can try coinhive.com and use your pc to mine xmr converted directly to bitcoin or you can make your own website and start to looking for miners and earn commissions.. they earn..  This is much safe that i know for now base on what i searched and testing..

Thank you. I will research this as well.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

For me do not mine if your capital is not enough to build your own mining site because if you invest that in cloud mining that was too risky and you can not get good amount of profit, much better if you save your money in the form of bitcoin and keep it for long period of time for sure it will generate huge profit it has a big possibility to make it doubled in a year since bitcoin value is continuous increasing it can be earn profit quickly.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:38:46 AM

It's not a bad idea but the best idea and decision that you will make. Just focus only in bitcoin but if you want you can also invest in altcoins because they are much faster to pump.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:06:09 AM

Yes, its a good idea. At least, you are not like other people that still wait and saying it's too expensive to buy now. Go ahead and I know that we will both receive the fruits of our investments from btc.
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:15:34 PM

I will advice you to look to altcoins token section. Involve those cash in ICO, you can get a discount of 10,20 or 30 % depending on timings of the pre sale of the coins. As soon as the coins get to market on major exchanges. Exchanges your coins to Bitcoins at 1:1 ratio and get your profit back. hope this help.

ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:00:27 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2017, 07:22:19 AM by ApocalypseNow

Just continue to buy those precious bitcoins sir. I won't recommend like what others say that you go trade some altcoins because I can see that you have a good job and just wait for bitcoin to shoot to the moon after a few years and those bitoins that you saved throughout the years will pay off.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2017, 08:40:56 AM

Just continue to buy those precious bitcoins sir. I won't recommend like what others say that you go trade some altcoins because I can see that you have a good job and just wait for bitcoin to shoot to the moon after a few years and those bitoins that you saved throughout the years will pay off.

Since OP has a good job and he didn't really need that money but a pure investment then I would recommend also to just continue and invest monthly so that it will be a dollar cost averaging kind of investment. Just continue to hold it and you will see in a few years or maybe just a year that your investment already fold up to ten times more or less. Trading needs time and dedication and if you have a job and stressed when you are home then you cannot really concentrate. Trading needs concentration and control of emotions so unless he is willing, he wouldn't be able to push through it. If he is half-hearted in doing it then better stick to investing.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 02:00:34 AM

It's not a bad idea but the best idea and decision that you will make. Just focus only in bitcoin but if you want you can also invest in altcoins because they are much faster to pump.

If you failed to find a good altcoin then they can also be dumped very fast and then it may or may not recover the price. Since OP is new to Bitcoins it is better to start with bitcoins because it is safer. After gaining some knowledge about bitcoins and altcoin trading then slowly can move to altcoins otherwise as a newbie may lose money.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

Very good decision my friend. The first thing you should know is how to keep them safe from hackers so research that.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

It is depend on your strategy, if you think that strategy can help you then good. But it is good to invest when bitcoin price is low. Unlike right now, it is now hard to invest especially if the price of bitcoin is expensive.. You can also try that strategy but maybe it is also good to invest some of your money in ETH.
roberthus

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:52:33 PM

It is as they say in some comments above, everything is depends on where you are, really the electricity consumption is great, although they are designing new miners that consume less, bitcoin has highs and lows but in general I think it is a great coin.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:06:59 AM

This post was from february this year. If you follow your instinct and invested to btc. That 80$ is now maybe up to 1k$. Congratulations. Aside from your mining business, that initial investment on BTC. Maybe you just found out what crypto life is all about.
Md.Esamul Haque

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:06:19 AM

Perhaps you can take a gander at altcoin segment on this gathering. Endeavor to discover viewpoint altcoin or solid ICO crowdsale. you should first have a great deal to peruse and at exactly that point to choose where to contribute.

There are no certain speculation circumstance, since it is so natural everybody would be rich here.
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:25:45 AM

If you really wanted to mine there is other way to mine you can try coinhive.com and use your pc to mine xmr converted directly to bitcoin or you can make your own website and start to looking for miners and earn commissions.. they earn..  This is much safe that i know for now base on what i searched and testing..

100% agree to you I try so many cloudmining site but all of them run for a short period of time it not recommended to buy a hashrate in any cloudmining site or else you want to loss your capital. If I were you i will try the risk of trading you can earn a passive income if you understand the basic procedure of trading a lot of bitcoiner try the luck of trading. Invest to top 20 altcoin in coinmarketcap like eos, eth, litecoin.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:19:52 PM

Investing your savings in cryptocurrency is a very good idea for now that bitcoin and others cryptocurrency are making corrections and we have been witnessed a very serious pull back in pricing, the pull back is not as a result of one negative news or attacked on bitcoin and blockchain technology's image but because traders are taking profit to celebrate Christmas and new year. I will advise anyone that has money to invest now as 2018 bitcoin is going to skyrocket in price and we might see many adoptions. You can use 30% of your saving into bitcoin and keep the remaining balance in your fiat account.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: