Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum won't work on my Macbook  (Read 1002 times)
pinkpajama99 (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:56:05 AM

For some reason Electrum wont work on my Macbook.  I gave it permission to load and it wouldn't but I found a way to by pass that and I finally got electrum on my computer and that should be it.

However if I have to reboot my computer, it does not keep the application.  The icon is in the doc but everything else is gone (the toolbar icon) and I would have start again and re allow it to load on my computer.

I posted on an apple forum and they said it should stay once I bypassed the security it should let it stay.

I've seen posts where people have problems with Electrum.  Anyone know what's up?

I'm not savvy enough to deal with programming so it has to be something fairly simple.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:55:34 AM

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2012 El Capitan 10.11.6.

From what I was told on the Apple Forum, once it's on (aka bypassed the security) it should always be there but it's not staying.  worst case I'll call Apple Care but I'd rather not.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:21:39 PM

Where are you placing the Electrum application? Are you placing it within the Applications directory? If you aren't, try placing it there and see if it stays.
pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:23:48 PM

Where are you placing the Electrum application? Are you placing it within the Applications directory? If you aren't, try placing it there and see if it stays.

Yes It's in the app directory.  The  icon is on the dock and there is another icon in the toolbar that opens the window.

I'll try again but I've done everything right that I can think of.    I'll report back
pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:38:44 PM

Yes It's in the app directory.  The  icon is on the dock and there is another icon in the toolbar that opens the window.

I'll try again but I've done everything right that I can think of.    I'll report back

So it is not in the applications folder and I can't figure out how to get it there.   This is what I see. (shoot can't see how to insert a photo) but you know when you want to install an application it has the app which you slide into the application folder.   There is no application folder.  I'm not sure where to look.

I'm going to try opening security in system preferences.   I also have this app Easy Find that tells you where things are and Electrum is not in application.

pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:46:16 PM

Didn't work. I can't find how to get it in the application folder.
pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:54:26 PM

Ok, Just got off the phone with apple.   You were right.  It had to go to the applications folder but I was trying to slide it where it would go alphabetically and they had me slide it into the white area of applications. 

Now I just have to figure it out.

Thanks for the help. 
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:47:59 AM

Ok, Just got off the phone with apple.   You were right.  It had to go to the applications folder but I was trying to slide it where it would go alphabetically and they had me slide it into the white area of applications. 

Now I just have to figure it out.

Thanks for the help. 

Oh nice. Glad you figured out what was going on. Once you did that, everything seems to be working and it remains across reboots?
pinkpajama99 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:50:23 PM

[/quote]

Oh nice. Glad you figured out what was going on. Once you did that, everything seems to be working and it remains across reboots?
[/quote]

I don't know what happened, I didn't even reboot and it didn't stick on my computer. On top of that, it never asked me to set up a password or the seed words so I had no way to get back in.   I've posted on some message boards but have heard nothing and they have no CS so I'm done with that. I've spent way more time than I should. 

I'm ok with Coinbase and Multibit so I'll stick with them.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: