Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waste Power  (Read 188 times)
Akwawhuan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:11:10 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2024, 10:24:06 PM by Akwawhuan
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Hey! I know this is sorta out of the blues but I’d really value anyone eligible in this space to offer me advice.
I don’t know much about mining but I know a lot about farming.

I have a 1000 acre price of land. I grow mostly barley and a type of grass that I only know it’s local indigenous name.
I’ve managed to get funds to start an anaerobic digestion plant and I want to use the power (it’s gonna be alot) for crypto mining.
My farm is in east Africa and on top of the vegetation for the digestion there also farms around me that have cattle so I spoke to a couple of them and I’ll get a couple tones of waste from their cows to feed my digesters so half cow/pig excrement and half plant material for my lovely bacteria.

I don’t have enough for ASICS how would you advice such a special case such as mine? How do I find and convince investors of the possibility of such a venture?or what would you do if you were in my case?

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2520

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
January 22, 2024, 10:50:50 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2024, 07:11:47 PM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Frankly, ok, mining is not a bad idea to use some of the power but one has to ask - would it not be better to use most of the generation to power local villages and make money/barter for goods & services from that? It would certainly be a much more reliable and consistent source of income.

One tip regarding the generator - it MUST be rated for what is called Prime Power usage: They are designed & built to run 24x7 for many many months at a time before needing to be checked. Regular generators regardless of size need to be serviced about every 100hrs of running time or less. If mineral mining is a thing in your country look for used Prime Power generators being sold by the mines.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Akwawhuan (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 10:13:12 AM

Thanks for the advice.
 The generator offered in the package is rated for that and all together can generate 1MW.
We just have to match that with what we feed the digesters.

There was a reasonably flexible payment plan agreed upon. I have enough to buy just a few ASIC’S but honestly this plant can support soo much more.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 10:32:12 AM

Thanks for the advice.
 The generator offered in the package is rated for that and all together can generate 1MW.
We just have to match that with what we feed the digesters.

There was a reasonably flexible payment plan agreed upon. I have enough to buy just a few ASIC’S but honestly this plant can support soo much more.
You found the money to build an anaerobic digestion plant but you can't find the money for profitable mining with very, very cheap electricity?
In Russian it looks very suspicious, but we live in different countries and have different thoughts about business. If you don’t have money for ASICs, then open a mining hotel and sell electricity to miners. And use the profit to buy ASICs for yourself.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2024, 10:24:23 PM

Well, if you have solid knowledge and understanding about crypto mining, maybe you could attract someone who will invest in you, but the thing is, building a crypto mining rig will be very difficult. There are a lot of things to consider, including equipment, electricity, internet, and many more, and you have to endure those expenses for quite some time because it doesn't mean that you've started mining means you will earn right away. No, it will take weeks or months, depending on how powerful your mining rig is. You have a fine land; I just want to know what urges you to want to invest in mining. I'm not against mining, but the thing is, it takes a lot of effort, time, and expenses before you can see that you've earned. But if you really want someone to invest in you, Overwhelm them with information and your knowledge about crypto currency and crypto mining.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 26, 2024, 12:44:33 PM

Well, if you have solid knowledge and understanding about crypto mining, maybe you could attract someone who will invest in you, but the thing is, building a crypto mining rig will be very difficult. There are a lot of things to consider, including equipment, electricity, internet, and many more, and you have to endure those expenses for quite some time because it doesn't mean that you've started mining means you will earn right away. No, it will take weeks or months, depending on how powerful your mining rig is. You have a fine land; I just want to know what urges you to want to invest in mining. I'm not against mining, but the thing is, it takes a lot of effort, time, and expenses before you can see that you've earned. But if you really want someone to invest in you, Overwhelm them with information and your knowledge about crypto currency and crypto mining.
If you sell electricity to miners, then you do not need to have mining knowledge. You need to indicate to the miner the connection points to the transformer and install electricity meters. And then the miner will independently connect the container on your territory.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Akwawhuan (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 11:52:14 AM

[/quote]
You found the money to build an anaerobic digestion plant but you can't find the money for profitable mining with very, very cheap electricity?
In Russian it looks very suspicious, but we live in different countries and have different thoughts about business. If you don’t have money for ASICs, then open a mining hotel and sell electricity to miners. And use the profit to buy ASICs for yourself.
[/quote]

Correct. I don’t have the money for the scale of ASICS i would like to utilize.

The  initiative is  between a certain Chinese company (it’ll remain un named) and my family which has been in large scale farming for a while.

I’m a new generation in my family line so I see the potential of mining crypto with the power we’ll generate.

Akwawhuan (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2024, 12:05:31 PM

I appreciate the advice everyone has offered me.

Hoping someday I’ll come here with proof of work based off the advice given.
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2024, 06:34:55 AM

If you can find a way to redirect your waste power and turn it into a reliable generator then you're a step ahead already when it comes to your power needs. Prove them that the waste power is efficient and that it can run for a month or so to the point that you've got residual electricity. I believe that's the only that you can convince them to invest on you, that your waste processing generator is effective and will be able to power mining rigs and the cooling and ventilation system without having any problems.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███