April 23, 2024, 04:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27320 27321 27322 27323 27324 27325 27326 27327 27328 27329 27330 27331 27332 27333 27334 27335 27336 27337 27338 27339 27340 27341 27342 27343 27344 27345 27346 27347 27348 27349 27350 27351 27352 27353 27354 27355 27356 27357 27358 27359 27360 27361 27362 27363 27364 27365 27366 27367 27368 27369 [27370] 27371 27372 27373 27374 27375 27376 27377 27378 27379 27380 27381 27382 27383 27384 27385 27386 27387 27388 27389 27390 27391 27392 27393 27394 27395 27396 27397 27398 27399 27400 27401 27402 27403 27404 27405 27406 27407 27408 27409 27410 27411 27412 27413 27414 27415 27416 27417 27418 27419 27420 ... 33294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366543 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:18:47 AM

Looking good tapping at $16K  Cool Next up $17K?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:24:45 AM

Ah ah hold your merits I haven't bought the car yet ! But I have put the money aside already. Roadsters/cabs are cheaper in the winter so I'll buy it in a couple of months. If possible in a bright color but they're rare unfortunately. Also, here is lockdown time (and in Germany too, where I will probably get it). Can't go further than 1Km from home or the closest supermarket...

Nice ride! But indeed that would be jinxing it: you can be pretty sure it will crash one day Wink

My fear would rather be "let's follow this dude home to see if we can get his BTC wallet"...
FullNode

Activity: 505
Merit: 270

Don't Trust, Verify

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:27:44 AM

Bitcoin Bull Chamath Palihapitiya’s Social Capital Will Fund Crypto Investors to Generate Returns for Them
https://cryptopotato.com/bitcoin-bull-chamath-palihapitiyas-social-capital-will-fund-crypto-investors-to-generate-returns-for-them/
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:28:11 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Bob is never going to sell at these prices. His sensible thoughts tell him to but his capitalist, ambitious thoughts tell him it’s too soon Wink

I think Bob will sell around $16400 which would be like... I would guess... tomorrow?

Edit - Oh......... dump  Undecided

Yes, yes, everything going according to plan...  Wink
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2020, 10:29:18 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Quote from: nullius (Secret Arcana of the Unpublished Nullian Drafts)
An I be wont to wax sesquipedalian, I’ll retreat to the phrontistery for to desiderate lost epochs of literacy.

New wordy man is far more interesting than old wordy man.

Should “Wordy Man” have been an awards category?

Eh, Jay can have the Golden Feather.  I myself will settle for being the absolutely most wordiest and unabashedly egoistic Antihero”.

Anyway, I like this better than a Golden Feather:  A Golden Apple cast before Venus Victrix, instead of pearls cast before swine. ;-)

Blame infofront if Troy inadvertently gets rekt shorting Bitcoin at high leverage.  Fnord.

too bad these wordy-man posts take time...

Oh?

You cannot just throw down walls of text within a matter of a wee-few minutes?  Shocked Shocked  

Must be a lot more taxing to rise to wordy-man wannabe status than many mere mortal normies would conjecture?

TLDR:
Sometimes sucks carrying out requisites of an actual rather than a wannabe wordy-man.  

Go figure, ur lil selfie!!!    Tongue

Bug, No. #9963
Writes TLDR, after two consecutive sentences. Arrogance algo, needs tweaking.

Go figure, Jay will never beat my lil selfie for extreme arrogance!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This graphic seems a bit ill-fated; but being not the superstitious type, I think that I will nonetheless borrow it (#nohomo):

I have been trying to get you guys together, and it has not been successful, so far:

Speaking of ill-fated, yup, Jay tried to warn me—the post concludes with an exchange on mindrust.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:29:49 AM

Shorts getting obliterated, you love to see it

PUMPAJ  Grin

I thought these were BTC but it's just not possible, so it's just a 348K$ short being closed, right ? Not 348000 BTC :p
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2993

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:41:15 AM

Nullius, i went through your post several times, but i could not extract any sense out of it
I don't even know why you're highlighting the quote "ego death" and by no means refer to that in your answer in any logical way.
I think you may reveal to which concept of "ego" (psychological, religious or philosophical) you even refer to.

Then you mix up old quotes, with no contextual connection, just to reveal... (exactly, what?)

He ended up on my ignore list (with only two others) when it became apparent that he once struggled through a few chapters of an abridged Nietzsche volume (and still managed to misunderstand most of it) and now struggles vainly to persuade everyone else that he's a philosopher.

[Thanks OutOfMemory for snipping text before replying - it's always very mildly annoying to see an ignored poster quoted by someone else Cheesy]

More relevant though: 16k!

I replied to him through my ego, i was well aware of that, not even upset in any way, other than the caps and bolds did make it seem.
I was just curious if he'd even make an attempt (to prove to be able to) see through a different angle.
A seemingly brilliant mind, but also another lost soul, imo.

So here's my honest, unjudging reply:

Gotta catch the kids from school after a quick shower.
Have a nice PUMP!!!
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:46:02 AM

this relentless, violent, never stopping, idiotic dumping of the best money ever existed, e v e r y fkn time bitcoin moves up some tiny steps -- I will never get it. I know it is important. I know it serves the finding of the price. if one wants to sell, why not a limit order and let the price get there instead of pushing it down for everyone through market orders. we are obviously attacking ath soon. why dump now?

v8 said it before: they need to accumulate more. that is why they keep it down.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 11:00:24 AM

Good 'ole Cleveland Steamer right there.

Sheeeit.

Going back to bed for a few more hours.
MERlT

Activity: 159
Merit: 32

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 11:03:28 AM

this relentless, violent, never stopping, idiotic dumping of the best money ever existed, e v e r y fkn time bitcoin moves up some tiny steps -- I will never get it. I know it is important. I know it serves the finding of the price. if one wants to sell, why not a limit order and let the price get there instead of pushing it down for everyone through market orders. we are obviously attacking ath soon. why dump now?

Simple they're cunts, always have been and always will be.
FullNode

Don't Trust, Verify

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 11:04:06 AM

Or are they weak hands, I think the two will overlap at these levels
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2020, 11:24:47 AM

Nullius, i went through your post several times, but i could not extract any sense out of it

It was not addressed to you.  It is good that you managed to read it, however—even if you did not understand it.  Most people never get that far.

Our respective worldviews are fundamentally irreconcilable, as explained simply and seriously below.  But first...

<snip>

Speaking of arrogance:

Formatting is in the original:
So what's the fucking fuzz all about?

If everything i did was hurting you in your pride (aka. EGO), i feel sorry for that. So please forgive me (again, iirc)!
If you can't, i won't make it my problem, cause it's yours. Thanks  Grin

Whatever gave you the idea that you hurt my pride?

Of a sudden, I lack words.  I need to borrow this image:

I have to leave, spend the rest of the day trying to FEEL more than THINKING. Never did any harm to me.

As aforesaid, our respective Weltanschauungen are fundamentally irreconcilable.  To you, I may as well be an alien from some planet in the neighbourhood of Alpha Centauri.  I can see now that you will not be able to understand me.  (I can say this, because I understand you.)

Your worldview is subjective almost to the point of solipsism—actually, it is a thinly-veiled solipsism:

But how can you PROVE that what you think is REAL? (-EDIT- or: valid for everybody)
See, you can't, even if you try as hard AF.
Because it's only your individual reality.
To go on: You are believing your reality.

There is nothing wrong with subjectivity, per se.  (Indeed, all morality is subjective.)  However, you outright deny the existence of an external reality—you deny reality per se.

I do not say this to be snarky:  This is why LSD and shrooms are bad.

My worldview is premised on the existence of a reality independent of myself—independent of my ego—which can be examined by observational and otherwise scientific means, objectively and dispassionatelythinking, NOT feeling.

If you feel that that’s wrong, then I can’t help you.

trying to FEEL more than THINKING

In my infinite, almost saintly patience, I wrote the foregoing before I saw this—one for the “why do I bother?” department:

I replied to him through my ego, i was well aware of that, not even upset in any way, other than the caps and bolds did make it seem.
I was just curious if he'd even make an attempt (to prove to be able to) see through a different angle.
A seemingly brilliant mind, but also another lost soul, imo.

So here's my honest, unjudging reply:  [blank]

First of all, I may remind you that you are taking advice from one whose basic reading comprehension is so abysmal, he once accused me of a “feminist tangent” for my proposal that women should be banned from pubs in most circumstances (!), because women belong with their children (!!).

* nullius is one hell of a “feminist”.

And zeroth of all, nice attempt to save face after an unhinged rant in giant letters.  Sure, your feelings weren’t hurt.  Have a cookie.

I need not remark on the irony of one so wrapped up in his own worldview that he fails to realize, I see his world better than he does.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 11:39:03 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

he’s a nihilist he believes in nothing
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 11:56:34 AM
Merited by bitebits (1)

he’s a nihilist he believes in nothing

today I heard about the concept of bitcoin being financial atheism, a concept that Knut Svanholm draws in his book "Sovereignty through Mathematics". a bitcoiner is a financial atheist that refuses to believe what he/she cannot verify him/herself in a monetary system.

ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 01:36:59 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1), 600watt (1), FullNode (1)

Well, no hodler will sell under yesterday's price after we've had a new AYH today, that's for sure. The weakest hands are of course the high leverage traders. They are like scaridy cats - with each small dip they have to sell in order to cut their losses. Is this strategy going to work for them? Of course, no. Sometimes such plankton swims here and persuades us that this is the way of earning big money. In their view $100 high risk leverage trading gain is way better than say buying a cruise ship by just hodling several years. This leads to insanity of course. r0ach and proudcunt are exhibit A for that. They wake up each morning thinking they are kettles and go to bed dreaming of prices like $200.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:09:38 PM

Well, no hodler will sell under yesterday's price after we've had a new AYH today, that's for sure. The weakest hands are of course the high leverage traders. They are like scaridy cats - with each small dip they have to sell in order to cut their losses. Is this strategy going to work for them? Of course, no. Sometimes such plankton swims here and persuades us that this is the way of earning big money. In their view $100 high risk leverage trading gain is way better than say buying a cruise ship by just hodling several years. This leads to insanity of course. r0ach and proudcunt are exhibit A for that. They wake up each morning thinking they are kettles and go to bed dreaming of prices like $200.

roach and our guy Proudhon are incomparable. a nazi vs a bear that has scientific proof (confirmed!) for bitcoin going to $200 is not the same. I really do believe gembitz and Proudhon are the biggest btc whales in here. if I had 5k btc I would contribute with the same magnitude of deepness to this forum as them.

regarding chart: what are the bears trying to paint here? a double fake out?  Cheesy
FullNode

Don't Trust, Verify

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:14:12 PM

Osprey Funds Reopens Bitcoin Trust for Private Placement, Slashes Management Fee, Applies for OTCQX Listing of Trust Units
Secures position as lowest-cost provider of a bitcoin-focused investment product on the market

“At Osprey, we strongly believe bitcoin represents one of the most profound, long-term investment opportunities available today,” said Greg King, CEO of Osprey. “With very low correlation to the broader equity market, bitcoin can play a critical role in diversifying almost any investment portfolio. Our decision to reopen the Osprey Bitcoin Trust at a significantly lower price point is a big step forward on the path to helping investors and investment advisors access the potential returns from owning this emerging technology.”
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201112005291/en/Osprey-Funds-Reopens-Bitcoin-Trust-for-Private-Placement-Slashes-Management-Fee-Applies-for-OTCQX-Listing-of-Trust-Units
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:22:00 PM

roach and our guy Proudhon are incomparable. a nazi vs a bear that has scientific proof (confirmed!) for bitcoin going to $200 is not the same. I really do believe gembitz and Proudhon are the biggest btc whales in here. if I had 5k btc I would contribute with the same magnitude of deepness to this forum as them.

I really can't wait for the day to come when I will log on bitcointalk only every once in a while just to say "Weeee weeeeeeeeeeeee". Happy times that will surely be.

Soon.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:28:40 PM

regarding chart: what are the bears trying to paint here? a double fake out?  Cheesy

From some old posts I've read r0ach and proudcunt as "master" shorters sold between $200 and $600 firmly believing the price will fall down to $200 again. And this continues until today, which of course is insanity. As for gembitz, he is a bit different. Although he became famous with his 'weee' at each dip, recently he post hodlers memes, so I guess we can count him as  a hodler. A bit bipolar and strange for sure, but still a hodler... for now.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 02:34:20 PM

It's not insider trading if it's filed according to the rules. Keeping it a secret and then sell on the insider news would have been insider trading.

Of course it is not insider trading as the sale was part of a selling program prearranged since a long time.
Those guys “don’t go to the bathroom without a plan” and for sure the move was authorised by a bunch of laser to make sure it didn’t break any rule.

The trick here is to make the announcement at the right time: just before the prearranged sale.

It wouldn't matter. It seems it was a limit sell order that was triggered that day because of the announce. Also he only got like 600K€ more than it was previously. I don't know what that guy's yearly salary is, but probably it dwarfs that amount and it wouldn't make sense to take any risk (for that relative amount I mean).
Pages: « 1 ... 27320 27321 27322 27323 27324 27325 27326 27327 27328 27329 27330 27331 27332 27333 27334 27335 27336 27337 27338 27339 27340 27341 27342 27343 27344 27345 27346 27347 27348 27349 27350 27351 27352 27353 27354 27355 27356 27357 27358 27359 27360 27361 27362 27363 27364 27365 27366 27367 27368 27369 [27370] 27371 27372 27373 27374 27375 27376 27377 27378 27379 27380 27381 27382 27383 27384 27385 27386 27387 27388 27389 27390 27391 27392 27393 27394 27395 27396 27397 27398 27399 27400 27401 27402 27403 27404 27405 27406 27407 27408 27409 27410 27411 27412 27413 27414 27415 27416 27417 27418 27419 27420 ... 33294 »
  Print  

Jump to: