April 16, 2024, 09:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (70%)
<$60,000 - 18 (30%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 ... 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 [29152] 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 29173 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 29202 ... 33268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:49:12 PM

Short the shit out of this false breakout dudes like a boss! Dont be sheep, sell like a man.

Disclosure: Sold BTC772 at $153.
That simple post stopped me in my tracks this morning. I had to spend a few minutes pondering over it. It's the same way those selling at >$40,000 will also look in a few years from now.

Do a mental take on it to get the impact of that reality in today's value.

As far as we know you are quoting a dead man.  He held a lot of bitcoin while he was alive, and probably lost more than many in this thread could imagine.  But he was mentally unstable, had a bit of an unhealthy relationship with substances, and ended up leaving behind a wife and kid.  He bought a haunted house in Estonia for a million USD and it burned down a while back.  Possible his "death" was a hoax.  Yeah, with him that's very possible.  But I don't think so...

Possibly the biggest lesson to learn from Risto is all the money in the world is truly worth nothing in the end.  The things we think it gains us?  They cannot be purchased.  Happiness cannot come from wealth.  Risto spent a lot of time trying to buy himself the admiration of others.  he surrounded himself with people who would worship him.  And in the end he lost everything, and in a spectacular and tragic way. 

Popescu is another that fits a lot of these sorts of things, though I think he worshiped himself enough not to need many others...

There are some folks in this thread with plenty of money who live miserable lives, and some who have only a little, but have happiness.

And there are a few who have both wealth, AND happiness... but have you ever noticed how that seems to be the smallest group?  Interesting.  And worth thinking about considering where we are going.  Many of you who have a "little, and happiness" are not going to stay in that group for much longer.  Make sure you hang on to what matters and live life along the way.  No moment can ever be reclaimed.

In the end, if you were not happy before you were rich, it's unlikely you will be happy when you are (rich).
My two cents.

But what if you are unhappy because you aren't rich?

I believe it is impossible for that to be the only reason someone is unhappy.  If that is the only thing lacking for you?  Then... you're going to be happy.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:54:30 PM

Money can't buy you happiness they say. But it can buy so many nice things (including lambos, hookers and blow) that can make your life at least a tiny bit happier...  Grin

sure, money lets you avoid a lot of misery. but happiness is where you find it, and can cost nothing.

True dat.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:55:26 PM
Merited by ChartBuddy (1)

EDIT: Other news.  Anonymint has appeared at Zero Hedge under that name.  Has to be him (Armstrong, "1s" good, "3s" and "bc1q's" bad, etc.).  I saw a comment by him just yesterday, but is apparently new on that forum.

Oh how I loved to troll that pompous prick!

"The financial system is going to collapse in 2015.75. Grand Maester Armstrong's magic number model predicts it!"
"Bitcoin will fail due to government censorship"
"I will create a true anonymous currency because I am very smart!"

None of his predictions came true, of course. How fitting he now writes for Zero Hedge!  Grin
wxa7115

Activity: 2688
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:55:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The problem with lottery winners is that they are bad with money in general. That's why they play the fucking lottery in the first place. An argument could be made that state-sponsored lotteries are a way to keep the poor poor.
Poor mans tax lotteries are.

You are speaking in riddles Quickfant, unless you are able to differentiate between state-sponsored lotteries and some kinds of lottery that would not be a poor man's lottery.

If you are referring to bitcoin, bitcoin is not a lottery, and we tend to NOT talk about shitcoins in these here parts, unless we are pointing out something negative, and sure there are quite a few of the various shitcoins that would fairly be considered as kinds of lotteries  - but that's not even clear about what is your reference from your post in terms of what would be a lottery that is "not a poor man's lottery" - if it matters to anything in which we are discussing in this here thread....
Maybe he is referring to a study that more than a decade ago claimed that US households with earnings of less than 13,000 per year spent 9% of that income on lotteries, I remember hearing about that at the time and I made a quick search but I could not find the original source of the study, but at least in one of the articles that figure is claimed to be wrong and the correct number is something like 2% or 3%.

https://www.businessinsider.com/households-earning-less-than-13000-a-year-spend-9-of-their-income-on-lottery-tickets-2012-3?r=MX&IR=T

By the way, many of us likely do appreciate that even if the odds are against folks in winning the lottery or otherwise scoring BIGGEDly based on their life circumstances are not very high, lotteries can provide a glimmer of hope for folks who seem to have engaged in a decent amount of ill-preparations in order to potentially become richie..
I think something similar, for example people buy insurance for their car, house and themselves, they sacrifice some money today in order to protect themselves in the future, no one wants their car to be cashed, their house to catch on fire or to see their health deteriorate but they know it happens and they take measures to protect themselves from it, I see lotteries with similar eyes, those that have almost no chance to improve their lives on the short term sacrifice some money today so they can have the chance to do so in the future even if the chances are low, creating some sort of last resort kind of insurance.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 4851

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:57:33 PM

BTW: Lately I've had this urge to ditch my smartphone completely, who wears an "ankle tracker" willingly when all you get on it is propaganda and useless notifications in return? Wink

I've been calling these things personal trackers since the 90's. Almost never take one with me, it would be stupid to make a pattern and then break that pattern one day! Cheesy

with cameras automatically tracking license plates, using any credit card or show any ID at any location they already have you pegged if they want. they sure know my favorite weed dispensaries lol

the phone "tracker" has far far evolved beyond just tracking.

Kinda takes the edge off being able to wear a mask without drawing attention doesn't it. Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:01:35 PM

Explanation
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:15:32 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

4000 lumen LED lights for the hi beam

i tried to switch out my rear brake/turn signal lights on a 2010 jeep for brighter LEDs. the computer didnt like the different current draw so threw errors (blinkers went super fast, normally an indication a turn signal bulb died.. the LED didnt draw enough to convince the computer it was working apparently). wtf try to install better than original parts and the computer says "nope"

also heard putting HID (think thats it) headlights on a lot of computerized vehicles causes problems too. wrong current draw.

love my 2000 XJ, i can fix/upgrade most anything and all it does is keep running.

Resistance is not futile.  It is cheap and effective  Wink
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 11909

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:15:40 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

https://twitter.com/documentingbtc/status/1424815603303518220?s=21
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:19:03 PM

I forgot to mention that I also managed to get a new front window for the car paid for by the insurance, I only have to pay the deductible, 172 USD  I'll get it done the 17th.
I managed to convince them that the window was so blastered that it was a safety hazard.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10128

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:19:43 PM

For sure there are folks who sell their coins on the way down, fail/refuse to buy when the prices are low and perhaps even believe that the BTC price is going lower, and we are currently experiencing a decent amount of "on the grounds" information that the bottom is quite likely to be in.. sucks to have been a seller rather than a buyer at those low $30k prices, and surely the less severe of negative scenarios would have been to merely have been a HODLer during those trying times and relatively lower BTC prices, so long as sufficient and material quantities of purchases of BTC had already been made at some earlier point(s).

Psychology is also important here, many people still consider bitcoin as a speculative tool and do not want to look ahead, do not take into account the development of the entire crypto industry in general and bitcoin in particular.

I doubt that there is much need to account for the whole of crypto, and perhaps attempting to take into account various aspects of "crypto" is going to merely cause confusion for people in terms of just understanding what bitcoin is... and being able to understand what bitcoin is.. and not to be fogging their minds with various other "crypto" things that might be going on.

So surely part of the problem remains inabilities to understand the difference.  I believe that I have a kind of example in which my mom asked my niece (the wife of my nephew) whether she was looking at bitcoin on her phone, and the niece kind of did a mumbling sound like that would be ridiculous (in terms of a serious topic), and I specifically know that I have told both her and my nephew about bitcoin many times and in terms of getting started and just getting started in a small way.. so they are continuing to poo poo the idea rather than actually taking any kind of meaningful action, and it seems to me that part of the perception problem relates to "crypto" rather than bitcoin.

So whatever, those of us who are able to understand the difference and to continue to stack sats are going to contyinue to be advantaged by the late to the game realities of so many folks who likely believe that bitcoin has already run its course and you do not invest into something that has already had a decently sized UPpity price run.. and sure, they are going to find out, that "oh shit, maybe we should have had invested in bitcoin in the $30ks or $40ks or whatever, because now it is even more expensive to get a few sats (to the extent that they even are cognizant of the difference between bitcoin and sats, too... that's another related misconception topic).

Yes, I myself was once one of those, (: D in my youth). I bought and sold bitcoin, as it seemed to me, at favorable prices and was happy about today, not evaluating bitcoin in terms of its prospects, it was 2017-2019. I was selling bitcoins at ridiculous prices.

Yes.  Another tendency is to value the fiat appreciation.. which sure, these concepts are connected in the myriad of ways that normies have tendencies to screw up any kind of potentiality to be able to keep stacking sats rather than cashing out way too much too soon.. and I am not even suggesting that it would be a problem necessarily to skim(shave) off some profits along the way, but I have known quite a few more practical bitcoin newbies who have recognized that even if their bitcoin stash becomes profitable (or even extremely profitable) they may well be way better served by continuing to focus on BTC accumulation rather than attempting to play the UPs and downs that might not work out so well in terms of how crazy BTC prices might end up going in one direction or another and then when any of us might believe that we have the BTC price direction figured out, then some weird complications happen in which it would be way better to just continue to accumulate through ongoing buying rather than trying to sell and then buy back later.

Then, digging deeper, I realized that it would be much more profitable to hold, no matter what. Do not listen to anyone and hold. Now I'm trying to convince some people who think the same way as I did in 2019 that it is impossible to sell on corrections, on the contrary, buy in addition while there is an opportunity. But a plan has already matured in their head, first to sell at 32k (they carried it out), then sell a part at 29k and then at 20k. Now bitcoin is at 46k and I'm sure that they are tormented by the thought that they shouldn't have sold part of their bitcoins at 32k.

For sure a story/scenario that we have seen repeated time and time again.

No amount of speculation can compare in efficiency with a simple holding. As Saylor says, bitcoin is digital property.

Yep.. I like to suggest that there should be some ongoing BTC accumulation goals, and of course, it could take a person a long time to reach high levels of BTC accumulation, especially if the person has some cashflow limitations, and many people do have cashflow limitations that sometimes might become worse when overly allocating investments, so it could take years and years and years for the size of the investment portfolio to build up, even if they have a seemingly good relative investment asset class, such as bitcoin... but even with a limited budget, a person who continues to invest into bitcoin for a couple of cycles, is likely to be in a better position, and sure maybe the level of profits will not be as great as it would have been if the person had started investing in 2014 as compared to starting in 2021, but it is still quite likely that bitcoin is going to continue to outperform a lot of other asset classes in the coming years.. especially if looking at a longer timeline such as one or two cycles.

wtf try to install better than original parts and the computer says "nope"

Tell computer that you like peeps better, and such computer should take a flying leap off of the nearest cliff.. See if it understands that level of beauty.

Who needs a damned computer telling the actual real peep what to do, unless such computer gets more "yes" into its vocabulary.

It's seems like the computer forgot (or has not been properly trained to know) that you happen to be the one with "fuck you" status, not some inanimate piece of metal, wires, tubes, silicon and gobbledy-gook language skills.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:26:08 PM

i tried to switch out my rear brake/turn signal lights on a 2010 jeep for brighter LEDs. the computer didnt like the different current draw so threw errors (blinkers went super fast, normally an indication a turn signal bulb died.. the LED didnt draw enough to convince the computer it was working apparently). wtf try to install better than original parts and the computer says "nope"

also heard putting HID (think thats it) headlights on a lot of computerized vehicles causes problems too. wrong current draw.

love my 2000 XJ, i can fix/upgrade most anything and all it does is keep running.

It is indeed, but for some reason it's not always enough to fool a canbus system, they do something else too, don't know what.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:27:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUh1ztBH84
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:33:24 PM

Resistance is not futile.  It is cheap and effective  Wink

Haha, you can also use this reply to Vapors previous post as well. Cheesy

with cameras automatically tracking license plates, using any credit card or show any ID at any location they already have you pegged if they want. they sure know my favorite weed dispensaries lol

the phone "tracker" has far far evolved beyond just tracking.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:37:04 PM

It is indeed, but for some reason it's not always enough to fool a canbus system, they do something else too, don't know what.

I hate new cars.  I've regressed to 1990 again after creeping briefly into the 2000's, and watching for good restoration candidates even older.  Too much garbage electronics and not enough robust margin of durability these days.  Disposable cars that are unlikely to outlast the payments people take on for them.  I've come close to buying a brand new truck several times in recent years, and always glad that I backed away and found another beater.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:38:44 PM

wtf try to install better than original parts and the computer says "nope"

Tell computer that you like peeps better, and such computer should take a flying leap off of the nearest cliff.. See if it understands that level of beauty.

Who needs a damned computer telling the actual real peep what to do, unless such computer gets more "yes" into its vocabulary.

It's seems like the computer forgot (or has not been properly trained to know) that you happen to be the one with "fuck you" status, not some inanimate piece of metal, wires, tubes, silicon and gobbledy-gook language skills.

well basically i solved the problem by buying a new vehicle that already had all that newfangled stuff from the factory.

i dont mind working on the XJ Cherokee, its kinda soothing in its simplicity. real switches, real transfer case, real everything. well there is a computer but its pretty limited.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 09:57:25 PM

Looks like these guys should have layed off the donuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQyg5wk0gGQ
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 10:00:16 PM

I hate new cars.  I've regressed to 1990 again after creeping briefly into the 2000's, and watching for good restoration candidates even older.  Too much garbage electronics and not enough robust margin of durability these days.  Disposable cars that are unlikely to outlast the payments people take on for them.  I've come close to buying a brand new truck several times in recent years, and always glad that I backed away and found another beater.

well basically i solved the problem by buying a new vehicle that already had all that newfangled stuff from the factory.

i dont mind working on the XJ Cherokee, its kinda soothing in its simplicity. real switches, real transfer case, real everything. well there is a computer but its pretty limited.

I really miss my 1990 Vanden Plas, they don't make them like they used too. Sad
I've looked a few times for one but one in good condition is rarer than hens teeth, only car I ever had stolen.

thats the xj make i thought you were referring too.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 10:01:26 PM

Explanation
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 10:02:27 PM

When the Swedish military first deployed to Afghanistan, they used VW geländewagen, supposedly made for military use, but the computer acted out and made driving them hell. Sometimes you couldn't use all gears, sometimes the engine wouldn't start because computer error, in that case you had to reboot the computer, and so on.
Having to reboot a car computer while under enemy fire makes you really dislike VW. In the end they never turned the engine of while out of camp and pretty soon the cars were replaced. Now we use the famous RG 32, in Sweden called Terrängbil 16 or Galten.

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAE_Systems_OMC_RG32M

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 10:06:00 PM

That's disgusting, toxicmoxic!!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Pages: « 1 ... 29102 29103 29104 29105 29106 29107 29108 29109 29110 29111 29112 29113 29114 29115 29116 29117 29118 29119 29120 29121 29122 29123 29124 29125 29126 29127 29128 29129 29130 29131 29132 29133 29134 29135 29136 29137 29138 29139 29140 29141 29142 29143 29144 29145 29146 29147 29148 29149 29150 29151 [29152] 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 29173 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 29202 ... 33268 »
  Print  

Jump to: