April 16, 2024, 02:32:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (70%)
<$60,000 - 18 (30%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 ... 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 [29720] 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 ... 33267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355763 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:31:03 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Right. You got me. I thought you guys trying to make bitcointalk great again. And you guys are volunteers. Like- BitcoinTalk Police.

this

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

huh, what bitcointalk police?!  Shocked
* OutOfMemory runs away

But, I didn't get why that Thread title says "No hats? Fuck off"

You can create and self moderate threads on bitcointalk, feel free to name them as you like.
Most of "the hats" (or the people behind them) became like friends and the topic was an attempt to outsource covid19 related postings, to keep the WO thread more readable and tidy. Freedom of speech is an awesome thing, valued a lot around here.
To understand WO better, you probably would have to read back a few hundred pages or follow it regularly for some weeks or months.
I'm not good at explaining culture, just go with the flow, either you become a WO lover or a WO leaver. (Anybody else thinking about mindrust now, too?)

EDIT: I just remembered how long it took me to get the meaning of "riding cathleen's bike" when i was a WO noob back then...

You won't find me spending even a percent of all the time i spend here on other places of the interweb.
IMO, this is one of the finest places for a bitcoiner to be on the www.
I was a long time member of only one different, non-bitcoin related message board of a news site until recently, when i rage-quit because 95% of the community turned into missionary vaccination-fanboys (and girls) and every other thread went pro-vaxx, which was creating too much of bad vibes in my belly.

cathleen's bike comes from a video on you tube that Gentlemand posted, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxLp9YRpg8
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:36:48 PM

I much prefer reading WO when we are downity, I can almost sense how different folks deal with it in how they reply:

Meme poster - hiding behind humour
Miner poster - hiding behind dca at scale
TA/Charts poster - hiding behind perceived intelligence
Finger pointing poster - hiding behind blame
Hopium poster - hiding behind bull characteristics
FUD poster - hiding behind bear characteristics

The commonality is we all recognises the price movement we just express it different ways. I find that highly enjoyable to figure out who is who based on their posting habits purely as a distraction away from the downity. Did I miss any poster types?

yea, you missed HODLer poster-those dgaf about a 20% "plunge", but become squeamish at -80% down, posting about a missed opp of selling at the top and buying right there (at 0.2 the prior price).

The HODL poster  Grin Cool (self explanatory, innit?)

EDIT: Gotta leave WO for tonight, i'm gonna train my wife in Wim Hof's breathing technique (and hopefully have wild sex afterwards).
#HODL

Biodom, you happen to have me on ignore?  Cheesy
As for the other statement, announcing my good-bye... The little one woke up and stole mommy  Roll Eyes
So, no intense breathing tonight...

That is extremely interesting about the sleep part, I asked the question as a good friend has early stages of dementia at a young age, they have given up getting stoned hoping it will help, but like you have irregular sleep, waking up after just 4 hours sleep plus having vivid dreams or nightmares.
Perhaps having a smoke or cookie in the evening might help them sleep better.
While keeping a clear head daytime so they don't put the coffee jar in the fridge rather than the cupboard or spend all day looking for a mislaid TV remote controller.
Thank you for you insight into this.

On the other hand, i find this extremely interesting as well, now.
It's normal to have vivid, intense dreams and light sleep after quitting a stoner's lifestyle. It's about dropping neurotransmitter levels, of which symptoms get worse within the 10 first days, followed by slow but complete recovery in the following 3-4 weeks. It was scientifically researched about 10-20 years ago, by a pharma company that tried to make a pill for easing "marijuana withdrawal". The brain is rebalancing endorphine metabolism. Dreaming should normalize within 4 weeks.
I don't wake up easily, regardless if stoned or not, i need at least six hours. If i sleep less, i have to be very aware of falling asleep when i stimulate the baroreceptors in the spine (pressure on my back, for example by lying down, leaning my back when sitting in a seat...).

There is some connection between cannabinoides and dementia, and some other substance i don't remember right now.
(@Tash: If you happen to read this: No, it's not vitamin D!)
I made a note, that should remember me to try memorizing it within the next few days and get back to you when it springs to my mind again.
I think i remember there is something one can do to slow down or even stop the progression of dementia. No healing possible, though (afaik).

I too don't usually get stoned daytime because there is a lot to get through in a day on the farm.
And working with machinery you need to keep aware for safety.

As a former winemaker's assistant i think i know excactly what you mean.
Also, consuming weed over the day makes everything dead boring for me. Not my preferred way of living Smiley

cathleen's bike comes from a video on you tube that Gentlemand posted, here it is.

(link removed)

Kebap! Kebap! Kebap!  Cheesy

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Merit: 2875

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:44:58 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 10:10:13 PM by shahzadafzal

That's bullshit.

bitcoin is open to everyone and anyone, even though there might be some traits of conviction and bucking the trends that relate to some of the early adopters who also understand bitcoin sufficiently enough (or are willing to take some chances on it) to both invest into it and to HODL through the negative periods.

It's almost too difficult to attempt to generalize too much about who are what bitcoiners are even though there are various types that have historically existed an there are certain types that might either go through a shitcoin journey before coming over to bitcoin and their experiences and views of shitcoiners might help to define what kind of bitcoiner they are.  Oh yeah, and there are some bitcoiners who are active in forums like this and some bitcoiners who are not.. so youcannot even necessarily judge what a bitcoiner is merely based on the postings of the more actively interactive of bitcoiners even if you might be able to suggest that "an active bitcoiner is like x, y and z" but sometimes even an active bitcoiner might not be telling you about himself/herself even if s/he is posting ideas about bitcoin as a topic.

Oh, as I was typing, I realized that there was another kind of bitcoiner too.. There are some bitcoiners who have been into bitcoin for a decently long period of time and they hardly know shit about bitcoin and whether or not they can provide good reasons for why they are in bitcoin can vary quite a bit too...We are still very new to the bitcoin space, and surely with the passage of time more and more members of the public will come into bitcoin, and largely who is in bitcoin will just become something similar to asserting who is into the dollar.. nearly a meaningless framework - even if now there are some ways to attempt to contrast who's into bitcoin and not and even the fact that those of us into bitcoin are still quite early adopters and those who are coming into bitcoin are early adopters too and some of them recognize that dynamic and others are less clear about the whole matter - nothing wrong with not being very clear about something that is relatively  new in terms of its age and unclear in terms of what some of its future impacts are going to likely be.

Well with due respect I would say… not so fast please.

Well simple answer is yes bitcoin is for every one. But to understand the true value of bitcoin and and enjoy the real magic behind it, yes it need you to have a basic math/finance knowledge. At least you should know what is the meaning of LIMITED and UNLIMITED supply of an asset.

You should know how your dollar or any of your local currency is made out of a thin air. Why value of your money is decreasing day by day. Why a loaf of bread was < $1 few years back and now it’s above $3 now why?  If you don’t understand these basics how would you value bitcoin.

Yes you don’t need to understand the underlying science working behind it. You don’t need to look into the Sha-256 algorithm. But you should know how private and public keys work.

Anyway I still agree with you, in the end you don’t need to understand anything to be a bitociner. Just convert your fiats to bitcoins.

This is someone making excuses for being a no-coiner and trying to dissuade others from getting into Bitcoin by suggesting it requires special skills and knowledge of how it works.
Austrian School of Economics (insert laugh or snigger here)....
This Early - I've been in since $67

I'm a farmer for fucks sake.

Special skills - rearing livestock, growing crops, shooting a 3" group at 500 yds.

Simply buy at any price whenever you have spare fiat, and hodl.

No, don’t take the words literally. Although I don’t need to defend that tweet but I don’t why but I feel your answer clearly inspired from JJG reply :p which is good not bad.

Anyway Austrian School of Economics I guess was mentioned for sake of example.  

In the end I would say in my own words like…

It’s ok if you are in bitcoin and don’t understand it.
It’s brilliant if you are in bitcoin and understand it.

You are in bitcoin that’s important and when you understand it, that’s icing on the cake.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:47:01 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), HI-TEC99 (1), Farmer Bill (1)

I much prefer reading WO when we are downity, I can almost sense how different folks deal with it in how they reply:

The commonality is we all recognises the price movement we just express it different ways. I find that highly enjoyable to figure out who is who based on their posting habits purely as a distraction away from the downity. Did I miss any poster types?

How about those that have seen it all many times before and don't give a shit.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3505

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:58:44 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 10:10:57 PM by vapourminer
Merited by Daltonik (1), OutOfMemory (1), Farmer Bill (1)

[weed]

That is extremely interesting about the sleep part, I asked the question as a good friend has early stages of dementia at a young age, they have given up getting stoned hoping it will help, but like you have irregular sleep, waking up after just 4 hours sleep plus having vivid dreams or nightmares.
Perhaps having a smoke or cookie in the evening might help them sleep better.

weed does change REM (dream) sleep, it delays its onset and there is less of it. having a proper balance of REM vs other sleep phases is important to cognitive abilities and and physical energy.

so if that person has sleep issues related to wacked out sleep cycles weed could get those sleep cycles nearer to normal.
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:59:08 PM

Just Hodl

I bought it at the dip. But it keeps dipping. 😅
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:01:24 PM

Explanation
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:07:59 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

I think i remember there is something one can do to slow down or even stop the progression of dementia. No healing possible, though (afaik).

Yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10202105/Alzheimers-research-gives-hope-patients-scientists-suggest-jab-reverse-dementia-mice.html
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:12:18 PM

How about those that have seen it all many times before and don't give a shit.

Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:13:56 PM

That's bullshit.

bitcoin is open to everyone and anyone, even though there might be some traits of conviction and bucking the trends that relate to some of the early adopters who also understand bitcoin sufficiently enough (or are willing to take some chances on it) to both invest into it and to HODL through the negative periods.

It's almost too difficult to attempt to generalize too much about who are what bitcoiners are even though there are various types that have historically existed an there are certain types that might either go through a shitcoin journey before coming over to bitcoin and their experiences and views of shitcoiners might help to define what kind of bitcoiner they are.  Oh yeah, and there are some bitcoiners who are active in forums like this and some bitcoiners who are not.. so youcannot even necessarily judge what a bitcoiner is merely based on the postings of the more actively interactive of bitcoiners even if you might be able to suggest that "an active bitcoiner is like x, y and z" but sometimes even an active bitcoiner might not be telling you about himself/herself even if s/he is posting ideas about bitcoin as a topic.

Oh, as I was typing, I realized that there was another kind of bitcoiner too.. There are some bitcoiners who have been into bitcoin for a decently long period of time and they hardly know shit about bitcoin and whether or not they can provide good reasons for why they are in bitcoin can vary quite a bit too...We are still very new to the bitcoin space, and surely with the passage of time more and more members of the public will come into bitcoin, and largely who is in bitcoin will just become something similar to asserting who is into the dollar.. nearly a meaningless framework - even if now there are some ways to attempt to contrast who's into bitcoin and not and even the fact that those of us into bitcoin are still quite early adopters and those who are coming into bitcoin are early adopters too and some of them recognize that dynamic and others are less clear about the whole matter - nothing wrong with not being very clear about something that is relatively  new in terms of its age and unclear in terms of what some of its future impacts are going to likely be.

Well with due respect I would say… not so fast please.

Well simple answer is yes bitcoin is for every one. But to understand the true value of bitcoin and and enjoy the real magic behind it, yes it need you to have a basic math/finance knowledge. At least you should know what is the meaning of LIMITED and UNLIMITED supply of an asset.

You should know how your dollar or any of your local currency is made out of a thin air. Why value of your money is decreasing day by day. Why a loaf of bread was < $1 few years back and now it’s above $3 now why?  If you don’t understand these basics how would you value bitcoin.

Yes you don’t need to understand the underlying science working behind it. You don’t need to look into the Sha-256 algorithm. But you should know how private and public keys work.

Anyway I still agree with you, in the end you don’t need to understand anything to be a bitociner. Just convert your fiats to bitcoins.

This is someone making excuses for being a no-coiner and trying to dissuade others from getting into Bitcoin by suggesting it requires special skills and knowledge of how it works.
Austrian School of Economics (insert laugh or snigger here)....
This Early - I've been in since $67

I'm a farmer for fucks sake.

Special skills - rearing livestock, growing crops, shooting a 3" group at 500 yds.

Simply buy at any price whenever you have spare fiat, and hodl.

No, don’t take the words literally. Although I don’t need to defend that tweet but I don’t why but I feel your answer clearly inspired from JJG reply :p which is good not bad.

Anyway Austrian School of Economics I guess was mentioned for sake of example.   

In the end I would say in my own words like…

It’s good if you are in bitcoin and don’t understand it.
It’s brilliant if you are in bitcoin and understand it.

You are in bitcoin that’s important and when you understand it, that’s icing on the cake.

It is good of you to post it to create some discussion.

I too picked up a nuance in language used that it was a veiled warning against taking up with Bitcoin, with a bit of sarcasm in the final "I salute you".

Its kind of like saying "good luck with that then "

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:17:58 PM

Yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10202105/Alzheimers-research-gives-hope-patients-scientists-suggest-jab-reverse-dementia-mice.html

Thanks.
It was something about reducing the buildup of new protein lumps in the brain... I am sure i learned something about that, it's just a matter of recalling it, and hints help a lot.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 10:19:06 PM

got some more dip
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 11:01:24 PM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 11:04:06 PM

tasty dip grabbed more today.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1606

BTC 100k 2024

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2021, 11:30:29 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 11:50:00 PM by goldkingcoiner

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/germany-set-to-legalize-marijuana-nationwide-after-major-parties-reach-agreement/

So, Germany is legalising weed. Just wanted to mention.  Grin

If regulation is not a problem, I will open up my own shop and accept BTC. I would love to be known as the first guy in history with the first weed shop which accepts BTC in Germany. Any interested investors?  Grin

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 5033

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 11:49:18 PM

Please starting selling again so number go up
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 12:01:33 AM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 12:02:50 AM

Bought a lil of this dip, now Kind Daddy can start flying again...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/germany-set-to-legalize-marijuana-nationwide-after-major-parties-reach-agreement/

So, Germany is legalising weed. Just wanted to mention.  Grin

If regulation is not a problem, I will open up my own shop and accept BTC. I would love to be known as the first guy in history with the first weed shop which accepts BTC in Germany. Any interested investors?  Grin

If you're serious... not uninteresting.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2021, 12:18:13 AM

Please starting selling again so number go up

I will sell some at 68k😊
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 12:36:33 AM

Biodom, you happen to have me on ignore?  Cheesy
As for the other statement, announcing my good-bye... The little one woke up and stole mommy  Roll Eyes
So, no intense breathing tonight...

Oh, sorry, a bit of work in the meatspace today..I just saw a post and "latch" on without checking the comments.

I am COMPLETELY relaxed about bitcoin now for a multitude of reasons.
I did not buy or sell, just think that it is much more likely to succeed than to fail now and feel good about it, price fluctuations notwithstanding.
Pages: « 1 ... 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 [29720] 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 ... 33267 »
  Print  

Jump to: