April 25, 2024, 04:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 30139 30140 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 [30177] 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367803 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 03:27:41 PM

So I'm guessing we'll see more false flag type events happening in Ukraine this weekend and every one of them will drop the price lower. From that we’ll probably see 35k before Monday, but, when next week comes and then goes not only will there not be a Russian invasion but all the FUD will have shifted somewhere else to ensure that our leaders don't look so retarded with all the war mongering rhetoric.

At what price will BTC be at then I wonder, back above 40k? or still in the 30s? because for some retarded reason we don’t get the bounce but the other assets do? Those marginal sellers truly are idiots, I’m not upset that these short time frame folk get punished so regularly.

HODL strong and continue to DCA.

Russia invading Ukraine == Bullish! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Russia defending its regions within Ukraine according to the Minsk agreement against Neo-Nazis and ISIS would be a more accurate description.

The problem is that you don't understand DECENTRALISATION. It is pointless to pertain control over almost anything. Bacelona/Catalonia will aim independence again. The same goes for all the other regions, like those in Italy (3-4 regions at least), then Scotland and many more. Turkey will be split in a million pieces. Russia will be scrambled in a trillion billion pieces. China. All of them.

The fact that I see this and you don't. Should make you think that we are on a forum of ppl that see into the future. As many have seen BTCiTcoin since 2014+, or earlier.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 03:42:21 PM

Is there a house of lords in Canada? And if so, who sits in it.

No. There is a senate whose members are appointed for life by parliament.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:01:22 PM

Explanation
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2022, 04:18:48 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

So I'm guessing we'll see more false flag type events happening in Ukraine this weekend and every one of them will drop the price lower. From that we’ll probably see 35k before Monday, but, when next week comes and then goes not only will there not be a Russian invasion but all the FUD will have shifted somewhere else to ensure that our leaders don't look so retarded with all the war mongering rhetoric.

At what price will BTC be at then I wonder, back above 40k? or still in the 30s? because for some retarded reason we don’t get the bounce but the other assets do? Those marginal sellers truly are idiots, I’m not upset that these short time frame folk get punished so regularly.

Russia defending its regions within Ukraine according to the Minsk agreement against Neo-Nazis and ISIS would be a more accurate description.

The problem is that you don't understand DECENTRALISATION. It is pointless to pertain control over almost anything. Bacelona/Catalonia will aim independence again. The same goes for all the other regions, like those in Italy (3-4 regions at least), then Scotland and many more. Turkey will be split in a million pieces. Russia will be scrambled in a trillion billion pieces. China. All of them.

The fact that I see this and you don't. Should make you think that we are on a forum of ppl that see into the future. As many have seen BTCiTcoin since 2014+, or earlier.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Interesting, so with that logic the United States (US) will be separated into its original states eventually?

I have a different idea of the future, based on corporations taking over and slowly making countries irrelevant as a concept. Cultures will remain in each region, wars will be fought between corporations, market competition and through private armies. For example; Google alliance sending drones to some coordinates in former Europe along with mercenaries and Gazprom retaliates to protect their pipelines.

We live in the era of corporate lobbyism pushing out the last remnants of democracy.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:21:11 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2022, 05:16:04 PM by d_eddie

BTW, I'm still waiting for the necessary gear. Due in early March, they say.
F*** supply chain disruptions!

Should be able to run it on a regular PC or Laptop, right? I don't think an RPi is a requirement.

You can certainly run it that way.  BUT most of the node in a box distros are based on a RPi platform.  So it will be a little more DYI I think... I think the next best thing would be one of the docker containers... not sure what's current in that regard.

I have run Bitcoin servers on Old desktops, old laptops, rack servers, VPS instances, Amazon VPSes, RPis, and even a Celeron based QNAP NAS via docker containers.

The RPi nodes are BY FAR the best choice for a home setup.  They are low power, and easy to tuck somewhere next to your hub and always turned on. I think they are by far the best choice as long as you do not intend to do heavy duty business on them, in which case, if no $$$ was an object rack servers in a cage at some well endowed server warehouse... living in Dallas that would be easy...  But I think even if I wanted to run a little commerce I could get pretty far using the Raspiblitz for the node and the BTCPay server before needing to upgrade.

Exactly. The Umbrel site doesn't recommend going the straight linux+docker route. Their advice is to get a Raspberry Pi, and that's what I've chosen to do, since I'd like to tinker with a working LN node, rather than with a linux system trying to set up a working LN node. My Bitcoin Core node is already running on a plain desktop machine under a current Ubuntu build. I don't want to run the two nodes on the same server. Decentralization at all levels! Wink Of course they will be allowed to talk to each other as they deem fit.

I have been itching to build a Seed Signer and am also super sad that the Pi Zero W models seem to be impossible to get. Sad   https://seedsigner.com/

F*** supply chain disruptions.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2022, 04:26:31 PM

Witnessing lil pump. It's great we can still feel the upwards pressure...fuck stocks and fuck war - BTC doesn't give a shit!  Cool
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:30:23 PM

#LNMETA

Watching the 'perfectly-balanced' script running on 100 channels is kinda wild (it will take several hours to run)

Playing with the "Lightning Shell" Umbrel package, that contains a couple good tools for rebalancing channels; the other script being 'rebalance-lnd'

Back to it. Building out some more "outer" routes, slowly.

EDIT: This is gonna cost me a shit-tonne in fees. LOL @ Science!
EDIT2: Holy shit. I'm fully committed to going absolute retard on this 'perfectly-balanced' script just donkey-kicking my balls on fees (my own doing setting high ppm limit for the script). disgonbgud.gif. More tomorrow. Busy day at the ranch tomorrow morning and afternoon.

Thanks for the update, Bob. Keep'em coming! I'm following you and cAPS and the others, learning-without-doing (inasmuch as it makes any sense).

And the #LNMETA tag is very good for searching.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:42:13 PM

Interesting, so with that logic the United States (US) will be separated into its original states eventually?

I have a different idea of the future, based on corporations taking over and slowly making countries irrelevant as a concept. Cultures will remain in each region, wars will be fought between corporations, market competition and through private armies. For example; Google alliance sending drones to some coordinates in former Europe along with mercenaries and Gazprom retaliates to protect their pipelines.

We live in the era of corporate lobbyism pushing out the last remnants of democracy.

Yeah and no. US probably will be divided at county levels.

And no, no wars, because there will be some kind of NATO that each county will agree upon and they will not give up on the concept, even if it comes at some kind of taxation cost.

Corporations, dunno, that feels a bit more complicated, but no major gas pipeline in the future. Everything and everyone will be with their windmill and their roof solar panel system.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:44:21 PM

What if you paid USD $3.75 for a US gallon of milk and inadvertently picked up an imperial gallon of milk for USD $4.70 at the end of the year?  

Dude... Milk ain't supposed to be kept that long! When it start getting chunky & chewy, you really should throw it out, and maybe focus on smaller carton sizes. Maybe try a pint for $2.89?

We go through 8 liters (2.11 US or 1.76 imperial gallons) a week - it doesn't last long in this house!
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:50:21 PM

#LNMETA

Watching the 'perfectly-balanced' script running on 100 channels is kinda wild (it will take several hours to run)

Playing with the "Lightning Shell" Umbrel package, that contains a couple good tools for rebalancing channels; the other script being 'rebalance-lnd'

Back to it. Building out some more "outer" routes, slowly.

EDIT: This is gonna cost me a shit-tonne in fees. LOL @ Science!
EDIT2: Holy shit. I'm fully committed to going absolute retard on this 'perfectly-balanced' script just donkey-kicking my balls on fees (my own doing setting high ppm limit for the script). disgonbgud.gif. More tomorrow. Busy day at the ranch tomorrow morning and afternoon.

I have (had?) 15mm sats of badly balanced channels with you.  I would not mind kicking in the sats to balance them.

But one question.  Should we strategize fees to keep them from going all one direction?  I think I just had fees set low and they all slid one way, and MOSTLY stayed there (though I do sort of see them slosh back and forth a little, I think)

Anyway, let me know if you want to coordinate fees.  This is an advantage of being able to communicate with a channel partner.  And for what it's worth, I don't mind them just being "imperfect" either...  I sort of burned out on channel balancing.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 04:51:16 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 05:01:22 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 05:03:39 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (7), Krubster (1)

Regarding the idea of countries splitting into smaller municipalities..the trend is certainly in that direction.
Whether it would be formalized as depicted in "Snow Crash" or not remains to be seen.

I read an interesting article about how people are moving to stay with populations that are 'more like them'.
I find it fascinating in a bad way and indicating that people are not pursued by new ideas, instead, they cling to the old ones that they heard mostly from MSM.
Then, they make decisions to reinforce their current ideology even more.

IMho, something is broken, and it seems that civil society is falling apart, at least at the margins.
Remember that after the Roman empire there was a long period (on the West) where everything was fractured.
As Petrarch wrote: "My fate is to live among varied and confusing storms. But for you perhaps, if as I hope and wish you will live long after me, there will follow a better age. This sleep of forgetfulness will not last forever. When the darkness has been dispersed, our descendants can come again in the former pure radiance."

I don't know about pure radiance, but from here 90ies look pretty good, warts and all.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 05:14:37 PM

I'm not so sure we're going down (a bit) because of the Russia-Ukraine crisis. Anyhow: Russia embraces BTC - price goes up, Ukraine embraces BTC - price goes down. Funny shit.  Cool

It seems to me like the news and the price are not tightly correlated. The news always provide an excuse to dump, more rarely a reason to explain the pumps. Yet both happen. Price discovery, whale fuckery etc. Meanwhile, HODL.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:01:27 PM

Explanation
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:14:26 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2022, 10:21:55 PM by Torque
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (1), Arriemoller (1), somac. (1)

Not only is Bitcoin NOT fungible it is ABSOLUTELY NOT fungible from a pure mathematical aspect.  EVERY satoshi has a pedigree.  You can trace it's origin all the way to the coinbase it was initially realized in.  And you can see the trail of addresses it is passed through to wherever it currently rests.

Not really. When you combine inputs you make the source indeterminate. Coins may taint coins they're mixed with if you want to take that view but that's something different.

Can you expound on this?

If I have a banned address and a good address and I combine inputs then won't my good address get linked to my bad address and chain analysis companies assume if you have the keys to combine you own both?

I'd hate to see someone burn a second address because this was misunderstood.

Potentially. That's the "tainting" I was talking about. Though there may be plausible deniability there in some cases and I don't know how LN plays into things (when it's not driving its node operators nutty).

I was just objecting to the "every Satoshi can be traced" which is just not factual. It's a bit nitpicky but I think important enough to bring up. Sometimes it's worth reminding ourselves that Bitcoin is a ledger and bitcoins are an abstraction that don't really exist.

Yes.  That bolded part.  And Lioghtning adds another whole dimension of abstraction.  I wonder how lightning over Liquid might work.  That could be a very private setup.  You peg in, and no one can even see you open a channel really...  it would be like a back hole inside a black hole.  "Cept they aren't really black... just shades of grey.

I need a drink.

I'm not sure I understand what all the fuss is about Bitcoin or any other crypto blockchain having complete privacy of transactions.

1. Any goods you purchase with bitcoin have to travel to your location via mail or truck, i.e., goods that can be tracked easily by govt or alphabet gang. Easily.

2. Any services you purchase with bitcoin can also be tracked by the establishment, and can be shut down/off. Easily.

3. Any bitcoin you trade for fiat will have to end up in one of your approved KYC/AML bank accounts, which is also tracked by govt/banking and can be monitored or closed. Easily.

The only thing that complete privacy would give you is maybe being able to cross borders with your bitcoin. But then try to purchase something or convert it there, and alarms go off for #1-3 above and you're being tracked in the new country once again.

Bottom line:
So even though a crypto/blockchain might have private transactions built in, it doesn't mean it affords you any real world privacy or non-traceability should you chose to actually do something with it.

Attempting the blacklisting of addresses is messy and fraught with issues, as Richy_T discussed. But having a traceable blockchain could be seen as a feature not a bug, and is probably why Bitcoin has not been banned outright by most governments as well as embraced by HNW investors and corporations.

I feel like everything I typed is the obvious elephant in the room that Bitcoiners/cryptoiners refuse to acknowledge. It's a kind of delusion or cognitive dissonance around Bitcoin that few seem to grasp.

It seems to me like the news and the price are not tightly correlated. The news always provide an excuse to dump, more rarely a reason to explain the pumps. Yet both happen. Price discovery, whale fuckery etc. Meanwhile, HODL.

This shit will go on until March. Then it will turn around. HODL.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 06:32:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

OT: Jean-Luc Brunel didn't kill himself.  Tongue

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/19/europe/jean-luc-brunel-jeffrey-epstein-death-intl/index.html

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:01:21 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 07:09:55 PM
Merited by modrobert (1)

guys, your poll doesn't fit the reality... we won't see prices like this in 2022...  Tongue

I think it fits reality, even if Bitcoin doesn't actually change in value when traded for goods/services (seriously doubt this due to adoption, but bear with me). For example, you need roughly 12 BTC to buy a Lambo now, at the end of the year, maybe it will still be 12 BTC for a Lambo, but the poll still fits. Can you guess what happened in this example?

in that case.. 50.000 should be altered to <50.000 and the poll works for me ;-)

The correct answer for the example is inflation. If you pay USD $3.75 now for a gallon of milk, and USD $4.70 for a gallon of milk at the end of the year, the BTC price could potentially move from $40k to $50k during this time without actually changing value in relation to milk.

Good thing that we are not attempting to measure bitcoin on such short timelines, otherwise we might even start to believe some of the baloney claims that BTC is correlated with the stock market and nonsense like that.

Think about the matter.

We had right around a 7x BTC price appreciation in terms of dollars since September 2020.. however, we have been experiencing a kind of lull that keeps bitcoin prices bouncing largely between 3x and 7x but ending up gravitating around 4x from that September 2020 time frame.

Yeah, maybe some folks will try to assert that using September 2020 is not very representative, and there are preferences to use some other number, and sure maybe it is possible to play those kinds of games, but if we get to 4 years or longer in our measurement timeline, there are almost no ways that you can appreciate that BTC is doing better than fiat and other assets and stocks - even property, equities (stocks) and commodities such as gold. 

Yeah, some folks will try to paint disingenuine pictures by striving to pick bitcoin price peaks as the starting point (such as starting to measure from December 2017 when BTC shortly reached $19,666) and surely measuring from peaks is hardly even reflective....

So, struggle as they will to attempt to paint bitcoin as a mediocre performing asset, zooming out causes a lot of difficulties for such folks who prefer to try to remain stuck in various select short-term periods that they can spin nonsense claims... and, yeah I will admit that there are so many of us (and normies) who have a whole hell of a lot of difficulties to either plan to invest in the long term or to actually follow through with longer term executions of something like a BTC accumulation/HODLing plan.

There is nothing really in the evidence that shows that BTC is going to stop performing in stupendous ways relatively speaking - especially for folks who are able to consider their own allocations into bitcoin in terms of 4-10 years or longer from here on out.. in the event that they happen to be new to BTC or not involved in BTC for very long.  The short term can feel difficult, but likely continuing investing accumulating and holding BTC for 4-10 years or longer, there is likely to be considerable and measurable differences that might not be at the same magnitudes as earlier years in bitcoin, but bitcoin is likely to continue to at least match (if not greatly exceed) various traditional ways of investing.

Nothing wrong with being hesitant about investing into BTC too.. but these days it does not hurt to start out with something like a 1% to 25% allocation into bitcoin, and then in the earlier years while investing into bitcoin, figure out more specifically how you want to particularize your ongoing investments, whether it is somewhere within a 1% to 25% range or if you want to make some other allocation into BTC based on studying and learning about BTC along the way.

don't you guys think about the opportunity of bear-market?

No coiners and whimpy investors into BTC have mentalities like that, and those mentalities have largely kept them poor (at least more poor) because they failed/refused to take an adequate and meaningful investment position into bitcoin.. and it really does not take very much of an investment in bitcoin in order to have had really benefited your overall portfolio over the years.

Just consider if you had around $100k in various traditional investments around 2016, and you had decided to diversify 10% into bitcoin.

So you are starting out with something like $90k traditional investments and $10k into bitcoin.  What happens during that time?

So maybe your traditional investments end up going up to $120k

but your bitcoin ends up going up to around $60k

All of a sudden, instead of having a 10% BTC portfolio, your BTC comprises about 50% of your overall investment portfolio.

Well, if we go by your forum registration date of April 2013 bitcoinminer42, we get even more dramatic results... but let's just say that in your first year or two of being into bitcoin, you did not quite understand bitcoin so you had been a bit distracted by other nocoiner and whimpy coiner ideas.. so it took you a bit longer to figure out that maybe it could be a good idea to invest a bit of value into bitcoin. 

So you have something like $100k, and you decide to take a 10% plunge into bitcoin.  So similar to the above example but with a bit of a longer timeline:

In 2014/2015, you are starting out with something like $90k traditional investments and $10k into bitcoin.  What happens during that timeframe?

So maybe your traditional investments end up doing very well and doubling  and going up to $180k

but what happens with your bitcoin:

your bitcoin ends up going up around 40x or more to around $400k

All of a sudden, instead of having a 10% BTC portfolio, your BTC comprises about 70% of your overall investment portfolio.

These are not unrealistic numbers, and I question about whether getting excited about any kind of potential bear market in BTC gets you these kinds of results like I describe above, and I would imagine that anything that you have done through the past 9 years or so that you have been registered in this forum has not even gotten you close to the levels of results that I am describing above.

it's obviously that the most of the bored corona/covid capital is already in...

It's always obvious, until it is not.

What happens frequently in bitcoin is that people/normies believe that they know better, and they prepare for down while failing/refusing to significantly/adequately preparing for up.

having a look on the long term chart it looks more like a finger from goldman than a healthy bull formation...

You may well be looking at the wrong chart... because the way that you are talking, you come off as NOT really knowing bitcoin too well.. and you sound like either a no coiner or someone who has whimpily invested in bitcoin at various times over the years, so you have not really benefitted in any kind of material/tangible and or representative way that even comes close to the conservative/normal numbers that I describe above that would reflect a longer term bitcoin accumulator/hodler that has a timeline something like you.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2022, 08:01:21 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 30139 30140 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 [30177] 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: