April 19, 2024, 03:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 [3956] 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 ... 33279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364297 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Kramerc

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:46:12 PM

Crash and burn, papa need some cheap coins!

You had 5 years to buy cheap coins. It's extremely arrogant and really just ridiculous to want a huge economy to crash and burn so that you can buy a few coins 100 bucks cheaper.
Not all of us have been around bitcoin for 5 years. Some of us are less than a year old.

Tough shit. I started buying in at $6/BTC when it was only pennies a few weeks earlier.  You don't need other people to lose for you to win. Those people who bought in before me deserved it. Those of us who bought in before you deserved it. You think I resent Goat because he's two orders of magnitude ahead of me? Absolutely not. I'll get my turn and you'll get yours if you're humble enough to take it. You want cheap coins? THESE ARE THE CHEAP COINS. Down and up doesn't make you any richer than up and up. The fact that you want the market to crash just makes you an asshole and a fool. A $200 crash will not hasten a new ATH. It will prolong it.

Not necessarily. Long, slow downtrend is more detrimental than a two-weeks crash, consolidation and beginning of a new rally. That being said, I am a newbie and might (very possibly) be wrong.

In my defense, check april 2013 vs 2011 "spurts".
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:54:24 PM

You had 5 years to buy cheap coins. It's extremely arrogant and really just ridiculous to want a huge economy to crash and burn so that you can buy a few coins 100 bucks cheaper.
Not all of us have been around bitcoin for 5 years. Some of us are less than a year old.

Tough shit. I started buying in at $6/BTC when it was only pennies a few weeks earlier.  You don't need other people to lose for you to win. Those people who bought in before me deserved it. Those of us who bought in before you deserved it. You think I resent Goat because he's two orders of magnitude ahead of me? Absolutely not. I'll get my turn and you'll get yours if you're humble enough to take it. You want cheap coins? THESE ARE THE CHEAP COINS. Down and up doesn't make you any richer than up and up. The fact that you want the market to crash just makes you an asshole and a fool. A $200 crash will not hasten a new ATH. It will prolong it.

Not necessarily. Long, slow downtrend is more detrimental than a two-weeks crash, consolidation and beginning of a new rally. That being said, I am a newbie and might (very possibly) be wrong.

Even if the bears win this consolidation, it doesn't mean we are headed for a slow recovery or long decline. I don't think 2011 and 2013 give us much indication on what will happen next. Bitcoin is still so young, every rise and subsequent fall is going to play out differently. There are SO many moving parts now. Its very hard to judge how this will play out. Fundamentals are growing, but how long it will take before bitcoin is underpriced is just anyones guess at this point. Bitcoin could go through another phase were it is undervalued for a long time or it could also go through another parabolic rise.  Will be interesting to see.

The next parabolic rise is going to be interesting however. Because once bitcoin goes to 2k or 5k or more, what are all the "expert" economists and financial naysayers going to say about Bitcoin then? At some point they can not longer dismiss it.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:54:46 PM

He doesn't want to hear that. He is a greedy bastard who is on the verge of becoming a millionaire and only wants to see the price increase to solidify that.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:55:35 PM

Good. I want it to take a longer time to reach an ATH. Because I am jobless with almost nothing. So, I can't drop a few thousand and pick up 10 or 100 coins. At these prices I can buy like 2 BTC - at lower prices I can triple that. Its a huge difference for me.

You're a dipshit. let's say you're right and it crashes and you get three coins for the rice of one now. it takes three months to recover and you've trippled up. Or you could just buy one now and the price doubles two months in a row (because nodody got spooked by the crash that didn't happen) and you've got FOUR times your buy-in. I'm not too surprised you're unemployed with little money when you display an attitude like that. And you'll never be richer than me. If it crashes, I'll just be right there buying with you. asshole.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:00:36 PM

Even if the bears win this consolidation, it doesn't mean we are headed for a slow recovery or long decline. I don't think 2011 and 2013 give us much indication on what will happen next. Bitcoin is still so young, every rise and subsequent fall is going to play out differently. There are SO many moving parts now. Its very hard to judge how this will play out. Fundamentals are growing, but how long it will take before bitcoin is underpriced is just anyones guess at this point. Bitcoin could go through another phase were it is undervalued for a long time or it could also go through another parabolic rise.  Will be interesting to see.

The next parabolic rise is going to be interesting however. Because once bitcoin goes to 2k or 5k or more, what are all the "expert" economists and financial naysayers going to say about Bitcoin then? At some point they can not longer dismiss it.

Yup, history and fundamentals are being forged before our eyes. I think sometimes people on here forget this completely.

If Bitcoin was several decades or centuries old then I'd take its history into account when thinking about market movements. It's not realistic to be doing so right now when developments are firing off in every possible direction.

Established economical types may secretly love the idea but can't bring themselves to voice it for fear of highlighting the creaking pile of shit they deal with for a living.

fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:01:10 PM

Good. I want it to take a longer time to reach an ATH. Because I am jobless with almost nothing. So, I can't drop a few thousand and pick up 10 or 100 coins. At these prices I can buy like 2 BTC - at lower prices I can triple that. Its a huge difference for me.

You're a dipshit. let's say you're right and it crashes and you get three coins for the rice of one now. it takes three months to recover and you've trippled up. Or you could just buy one now and the price doubles two months in a row (because nodody got spooked by the crash that didn't happen) and you've got FOUR times your buy-in. I'm not too surprised you're unemployed with little money when you display an attitude like that. And you'll never be richer than me. If it crashes, I'll just be right there buying with you. asshole.

So we obviously are entering the fear/frustration stage now. How are people going to behave if it drops 100$ or more in a day? I hope it´s no longer possible to delegate hitman with BTC. I´m about to stop my bearish comments out of fear Sad
Kramerc

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

Why have you taken such an offensive stance billy? Its his right to want what's best for him, or what he considers to be best for him.
Vigil

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:01:44 PM

The goal is the amount of coins, not how much each coin is currently worth. I am not worried about dollar valuation at this point. I would rather have 3 coins that are in one year worth 4x times their buy-in than to have one coin worth 4x its buy-in in a couple months.

Once it starts getting to $5000 the chances of me accumulating another whole bitcoin ever again are basically ZERO. So, its now or never for me. Now or I am totally locked-out of the game when I got in with plenty of time to make the cut. A couple BTC worth $100,000 in 5-10 years won't mean jack - its more or less a consolation prize. To me, its only worth it if my pot is worth millions.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:03:06 PM

Nice sell off at Wall street today. Let's see if bitcoin reacts to it coming days.
fonzie

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:04:48 PM

Btw, if we´re going to the moon and people want cheap coins, there is this almost unlimited supply of BTC every 10$ on Stamp  . Grab em Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

He doesn't want to hear that. He is a greedy bastard who is on the verge of becoming a millionaire and only wants to see the price increase to solidify that.

We just had a crash and consolidation. Maybe we need  another one. I don't know, but I don't want to see anybody get hurt, and nobody get's hurt if we only go up from here except the people waiting now for a lower price point with too much cash on the sidelines. I don't have a crystal ball and maybe waiting now is is good strategy, but it's good for Bitcoin if there's less volatility.
Vigil

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

We just had a crash and consolidation. Maybe we need  another one. I don't know, but I don't want to see anybody get hurt, and nobody get's hurt if we only go up from here except the people waiting now for a lower price point with too much cash on the sidelines. I don't have a crystal ball and maybe waiting now is is good strategy, but it's good for Bitcoin if there's less volatility.
There aren't even enough people involved with bitcoin to even care what happens at this point. 95%+ of the population hasn't even thought about Bitcoin, let alone paying any attention to it. There is plenty of time. If anything, a slower growth is better to keep all the evil eyes off of it for a surprise attack. I know you are probably getting old and shit and are hoping you are worth millions before you have to spend those coins on a Rascal and urine bag, but damn, relax.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:10:08 PM

So we obviously are entering the fear/frustration stage now. How are people going to behave if it drops 100$ or more in a day? I hope it´s no longer possible to delegate hitman with BTC. I´m about to stop my bearish comments out of fear Sad

Clearly all the confirmed bad news is sinking into the market participants.  As verified by confirmed TA, we should expect to see bullish behavior for fundamental SHOTR positions on all time frames, therefore, as confirmed, we can expect the bitcoin price to collapse further shortly over the next 24 hours into the $600-700 zone as the market approaches total collapse through 2014.  This has been confirmed by true sources.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:18:05 PM

The goal is the amount of coins, not how much each coin is currently worth. I am not worried about dollar valuation at this point. I would rather have 3 coins that are in one year worth 4x times their buy-in than to have one coin worth 4x its buy-in in a couple months.

Once it starts getting to $5000 the chances of me accumulating another whole bitcoin ever again are basically ZERO. So, its now or never for me. Now or I am totally locked-out of the game when I got in with plenty of time to make the cut. A couple BTC worth $100,000 in 5-10 years won't mean jack - its more or less a consolation prize. To me, its only worth it if my pot is worth millions.

The number of coins is completely arbitrary. What matters is the value of your total stash. I once had a goal of 1000 coins and I alllllllmost reached it, but I'll never get that now and you know what? doesn't even matter.  It was just a nice round number. Something psychological. What matters is my daughter can have braces, a quincinera, a college education and a wedding some day. 

and a single bitcoin now WILL be worth millions if the multi-year log trend holds.  in only three to five years.
fonzie

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

Just found this!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Vigil

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:27:33 PM

The number of coins is completely arbitrary. What matters is the value of your total stash. I once had a goal of 1000 coins and I alllllllmost reached it, but I'll never get that now and you know what? doesn't even matter.  It was just a nice round number. Something psychological. What matters is my daughter can have braces, a quincinera, a college education and a wedding some day. 

and a single bitcoin now WILL be worth millions if the multi-year log trend holds.  in only three to five years.
What are you talking about.

100 BTC and each BTC is worth $1 million -> 100 x $1 million = $100,000,000.

1 BTC and each BTC is worth $1 million -> 1 x $1 million = $1,000,000.

That is a difference of 100x - that is the difference between being able to start up a multimillion dollar business project and not being able to. That is the difference between being financially free and not. BTC is not going to $1 million in 5 years, it may go there within 10.

The more BTC, the more purchasing power and the sooner you reach that plateau of purchasing power where you no longer have to worry about spending everything you have to get to where you want to be. It is a HUGE difference. Its massive.

That is exactly my point... you want bitcoin to go up as soon as possible so you can buy some stuff (whatever a quincinera is and why you would want to waste BTC on it that you think are going to $1,000,000). I want to accumulate bitcoin so I can be in a position to produce stuff.
delphic

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

It's peurile (re)posts like this that make me think that half the 'technical analysts' in this thread actually spend their days in a kindergarten.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

There aren't even enough people involved with bitcoin to even care what happens at this point. 95%+ of the population hasn't even thought about Bitcoin, let alone paying any attention to it. There is plenty of time. If anything, a slower growth is better to keep all the evil eyes off of it for a surprise attack. I know you are probably getting old and shit and are hoping you are worth millions before you have to spend those coins on a Rascal and urine bag, but damn, relax.

ok,  that was funny. Hey, you may be right. This is completely new territory for everybody. We're making history here. Just don't miss your shot waiting for the perfect entry point. My dad top-ticked the 2011 bubble perfectly, buying in at the worst possible time. It actually worked out though because I know him and he would have lost his nerve if he had waited. You have the opposite problem. It might not crash and you never get in.  If you get in now, worst case scenario is you lose a year or two before you're worth millions. (or we could all lose our asses, in which case the whole point is moot) You're young. A year or two seems llike a long time but it's not.
bull1692

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:30:23 PM

It's peurile (re)posts like this that make me think that half the 'technical analysts' in this thread actually spend their days in a kindergarten.

Uses big words to condescend an intentionally terrible meme...spells puerile incorrectly.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:30:44 PM

Its a bird

Its a plane

Its a bitcoiner!
Pages: « 1 ... 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 [3956] 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 3995 3996 3997 3998 3999 4000 4001 4002 4003 4004 4005 4006 ... 33279 »
  Print  

Jump to: