April 24, 2024, 03:03:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 [4228] 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 ... 33298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367241 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:33:59 AM

I will give 60% on the dollar up to 100 BTC. For every 1 Gox BTC and I will give you .6 non-Gox BTC.

Willing to use escrow.

I will beat you by 5%

65% up to 200 BTC, just PM me.

What? I thought you had assured us Gox was going to die? Amazing, how you are willing to lose all your bitcoin. Simply amazing.

Really? because i just bring awareness to noobs who's thinking of taking your deal.... Trading their good coins for possibly stolen coins that can be traced back to SR or illicit act. Good luck explaining this to FBI

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:37:22 AM

I will give 60% on the dollar up to 100 BTC. For every 1 Gox BTC and I will give you .6 non-Gox BTC.

Willing to use escrow.

I will beat you by 5%

What? I thought you had assured us Gox was going to die? Amazing, how you are willing to lose all your bitcoin. Simply amazing.

Really? because i just bring awareness to noobs who's thinking of taking your deal.... Trading their good coins for possibly stolen coins that can be traced back to SR or illicit act. Good luck explaining this to FBI

WTF? Are you insane?

You have been exposed as a FUD spreader. Looking to drive down the price and profit from it. I'm clean as a whistle and don't really use BTC for anonymity. I would be happy to give a buyer my full identity and wallet history. And yourself? No, I doubt you would.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:38:12 AM

Willing to use escrow.

Sure.

To be honest, I don't understand your wager... is that what it is.

Do you want to buy the small number of coins I have on Gox for some sort of premium, is that?

Perhaps read my post again.  I think they will fix the BTC withdrawal but in the long term they are finished...they've lost all credibility.  

Since you seem to be a bit of Gox fanboy, honeybadger, do you trade on there?  Have you had any issues there?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:42:40 AM

Willing to use escrow.

Sure.

Do you want to buy the small number of coins I have on Gox for some sort of premium, is that?

Perhaps read my post again.  I think they will fix the BTC withdrawal but in the long term they are finished...they've lost all credibility.  

Since you seem to be a bit of Gox fanboy, honeybadger, do you trade on there?  Have you had any issues there?

I have an account there. I have never traded there as I think its a poorly run business and I am not really a day trader who thrives on volatility. I am a long term investor who trades from time to time when I have extra time and the timing is perfect.

However, I don't run around like a chicken with my head cut off creating FUD like some (i.e. seriouscoin) just to try and take advantage of others. So if someone genuinely wants full insurance on their coins, I will give it to them for a 40% premium.

I will take all the risk of GOX insolvency.
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:54:07 AM

Willing to use escrow.

Sure.

I have an account there. I have never traded there as I think its a poorly run business and I am not really a day trader who thrives on volatility. I am a long term investor who trades from time to time when I have extra time and the timing is perfect.

However, I don't run around like a chicken with my head cut off creating FUD like some (i.e. seriouscoin) just to try and take advantage of others. So if someone genuinely wants full insurance on their coins, I will give it to them for a 40% premium.

While I agree that yesterday's shenanigans were mostly market manipulation under cover of minor news items (Apple, Russia etc) you can't dismiss people who moan about Gox as FUDspreaders.  As you say yourself its a badly run business, I myself have had numerous issues with them while the guy on the Reddit thread travelled to Japan to confront them.  That's 4000 miles - he didn't do that for shits and giggles - you're in the US, you know the comparable distances. 

So, something is wrong in the state of Gox.  And given this is the largest, most popular BTC forum it is obvious people will come with their gripes here, esp onto one of the most popular threads.  So, accusing people of FUD is just more mud-slinging really....same shit, different direction.

seriouscoin

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:00:29 AM

Willing to use escrow.

I will beat you by 5%

WTF? Are you insane?

You have been exposed as a FUD spreader. Looking to drive down the price and profit from it. I'm clean as a whistle and don't really use BTC for anonymity. I would be happy to give a buyer my full identity and wallet history. And yourself? No, I doubt you would.

If you really think MTGOX going down is just a FUD then why the 40% premium? Shouldnt it be lower risk?

Why dont you beat me by 5% then? huh? Otherwise, shut the fck up regarding my "profit from it". I dont trade enough to make any profit from spreading BS on here. Look into my post history and you will see i have BTC stuck on MtGOX too.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:02:22 AM

Explanation
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:07:53 AM

Willing to use escrow.

Sure.

While I agree that yesterday's shenanigans were mostly market manipulation under cover of minor news items (Apple, Russia etc) you can't dismiss people who moan about Gox as FUDspreaders.  As you say yourself its a badly run business, I myself have had numerous issues with them while the guy on the Reddit thread travelled to Japan to confront them.  That's 4000 miles - he didn't do that for shits and giggles - you're in the US, you know the comparable distances. 

So, something is wrong in the state of Gox.  And given this is the largest, most popular BTC forum it is obvious people will come with their gripes here, esp onto one of the most popular threads.  So, accusing people of FUD is just more mud-slinging really....same shit, different direction.

Well, look. The stakes have been raised. With the price of BTC soaring to over a $1000, people have a huge vested interest in trying to manipulate sentiment. Never before was FUD as prevalent on this forum as it is now.

A new breed of sleazy, scummy, greedy, callous, and overall emotionally immature people have come into the game to try to get an edge.

And its a unique time in Bitcoin, as Bitcoin is still so small that it can be manipulated, especially with low trading volumes and high margin trading.

As a rule, professional traders have not entered the bitcoin space. In a few years, probably sooner, these forum tactics will carry no weight.

Unfortunately the unpleasant side effect of these FUD spreaders is that real intelligent conversation and debate is relegated to the sidelines of this forum.

Most of the people able to have this type of dialogue have left already.

I don't as much care if Bitcoin goes up or down in the next few weeks or months. I care more about where it is in 5 years. Sure, if Bitcoin went to 10k next month, that would be awesome, not just for what it would do to my wallet, but more than that, it would be at a market cap where it could be a more useful utility for international merchant trade and other high volume transactions. But, that's not going to happen. Not for a while of course.

The desperation of FUD spreaders is sad imo. To do that professionally as some here do, you really have to have a mindset of trying to manipulate and take advantage of people. And its all short term thinking. This type of behavior is not something that creates long term wealth. And the personalities that tend to behave this way are also the ones that tend to not care about their long term finances anyway. Make today, spend tomorrow.
mah87
Donator

Activity: 756

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:09:47 AM

Im' not spreading FUD but do you really believe bitcoin will not crash to 10$ ?
bqxpd

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

FUD aside, the really interesting question is this: Is the current price normalization on Gox permanent, or will the Gox price quickly rise back above the other exchanges in a week or two when Gox resumes BTC withdrawals but still can't process fiat withdrawals?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:11:39 AM

Willing to use escrow.

I will beat you by 5%

WTF? Are you insane?

If you really think MTGOX going down is just a FUD then why the 40% premium? Shouldnt it be lower risk?

Why dont you beat me by 5% then? huh? Otherwise, shut the fck up regarding my "profit from it". I dont trade enough to make any profit from spreading BS on here. Look into my post history and you will see i have BTC stuck on MtGOX too.

I'm not going to try and beat your price. I named a price. That is my prerogative to choose. If someone is interested they can choose who they think is the safer person to transact with.

You are FUD spreader. And a manipulator. And you have been exposed as one.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:13:19 AM

I absolutely positively do not think it will crash to $10.  If you do, then just short it and go home and wait. Why are you even here?

I actually believe in the technology of bitcoin and think eventually it will be worth much more than it is today.

You are ignored by 90% of this forum, including me, because you spread FUD constantly. You have a clear agenda. You are a Ripple fanboy. 90%+ of your posts outside the Spec forum are about Ripple. Everyone knows this about you.

seriouscoin

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:14:20 AM

Willing to use escrow.

I will beat you by 5%

WTF? Are you insane?

I'm not going to try and beat your price. I named a price. That is my prerogative to choose. If someone is interested they can choose who they think is the safer person to transact with.

You are FUD spreader. And a manipulator. And you have been exposed as one.

Refresh me.... Otherwise its just your claim thus far.

I know what you are but what am i?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:14:27 AM

FUD aside, the really interesting question is this: Is the current price normalization on Gox permanent, or will the Gox price quickly rise back above the other exchanges in a week or two when Gox resumes BTC withdrawals but still can't process fiat withdrawals?

It will certainly jump back up. This is almost assured because many bitcoiners have been genuinely spooked by this situation and want to leave Gox. The only way to do so is to buy. Once some start buying, it will soon be a frenzy.

The mistake so many on Gox have made is that they think that fiat is safer there than btc. Once they see it is not, they will be leaving on the first available btc train out.
seriouscoin

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:15:17 AM

Wait are you asking 1 + 1 = 2 ?

really?
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

It will certainly jump back up. This is almost assured because many bitcoiners have been genuinely spooked by this situation and want to leave Gox. The only way to do so is to buy. Once some start buying, it will soon be a frenzy.

The mistake so many on Gox have made is that they think that fiat is safer there than btc. Once they see it is not, they will be leaving on the first available btc train out.

you've grown on me and I value you're input. I am in the gox will fix this boat, or Mark has to Hari Kari himself in Japan lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:28:34 AM

Wait are you asking 1 + 1 = 2 ?

really?

I'll repeat myself, but you can bet on exactly that at plus500
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4449

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:33:43 AM

That statement is incongruous to the point of being an oxymoron.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:45:40 AM

A new breed of sleazy, scummy, greedy, callous, and overall emotionally immature people have come into the game to try to get an edge.

While I'm not looking for a personal fight here, I must say: I seem to recall that you ran an online gambling den.  That's hardly qualification to start criticising others' morals and motivations.

As a rule, professional traders have not entered the bitcoin space.
Supposition and I would argue untrue.  The market is being manipulated but not by a few posters on forums but by skilled traders IMHO.

Unfortunately the unpleasant side effect of these FUD spreaders is that real intelligent conversation and debate is relegated to the sidelines of this forum.

Most of the people able to have this type of dialogue have left already.
Please, don't kid yourself.  I joined here in 2011 and lurked for months.  The conversation was not much different from now: the trolls trolled, the intelligent debated, the windbags blew.

Sure, if Bitcoin went to 10k next month, that would be awesome

Eternity is awesome, infinity is awesome, for some God is awesome.  The price of BTC is not, nor never will be, awesome.

The desperation of FUD spreaders is sad imo. To do that professionally as some here do, you really have to have a mindset of trying to manipulate and take advantage of people. And its all short term thinking. This type of behavior is not something that creates long term wealth. And the personalities that tend to behave this way are also the ones that tend to not care about their long term finances anyway. Make today, spend tomorrow.

Again, you seem to be making huge leaps about other people's morals and motivations as well as under-estimating the ability of the readership here to form their own opinions and make their own decisions.  Someone less charitable than I may call that arrogant.

Nice talking and take care.

I ran a gambling den? Lol. I owned for a short time a fully licensed online poker company. Way before it was illegal - by US law - to do so. I sold it.  Hardly nefarious. Actually created a few jobs for people in Costa Rica and was a fun experience overall. If you met my brother and I who ran it, I think you would laugh at the dark seedy ideas you are trying to paint. I like a good game of poker. Is that worse than liking cigars? Probably better for your health.

As for the way this forum has changed since the price shot to $1000, you can say it was always this way. It was not.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 08:49:31 AM

Anyone recall off hand the figure of their Fincen fine (or whatever it was)?

This sounds like the sort of thing Jorge would be good at Smiley

Sorry to disappoint, I have no idea about that.  Cheesy

But shouldn't people be worried that their last "Transparency Report" was posted in mid-2012?

About my last hypothetical theory about how an hypothetical exchange could have stupidly lost 7/8 of its client's BTCs last November:  any company of MtGOX's size has a financial manager, and their financial manager must have threatened to commit seppuku if the company would sit on a pile of BTC worth tens (hundreds?) of million US$ without trying to extract some revenue from it. 

If invested into something that pays 5% per year, 100 million US$ would yield 5 million US$ per year.  Which company would pass on such an opportunity?

One of the two things that I learned from my Economy classes in college was a story about some organization of old ladies claiming that the Soviets had tunneled from Russia through the basement of Fort Knox and stolen all the gold that was then backing the US dollar.  The government (teacher told us) took the ladies to Fort Knox to show them that the gold was still there.  Moral of the story was: to preserve public trust one must take even the most ridiculous rumors seriously, and show convincing evidence against them.

As for hiring... it may be a sign that they are growing, or that they have fired key people, or that key people have left...

Pages: « 1 ... 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 [4228] 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 ... 33298 »
  Print  

Jump to: