April 20, 2024, 12:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16295 16296 16297 16298 16299 16300 16301 16302 16303 16304 16305 16306 16307 16308 16309 16310 16311 16312 16313 16314 16315 16316 16317 16318 16319 16320 16321 16322 16323 16324 16325 16326 16327 16328 16329 16330 16331 16332 16333 16334 16335 16336 16337 16338 16339 16340 16341 16342 16343 16344 [16345] 16346 16347 16348 16349 16350 16351 16352 16353 16354 16355 16356 16357 16358 16359 16360 16361 16362 16363 16364 16365 16366 16367 16368 16369 16370 16371 16372 16373 16374 16375 16376 16377 16378 16379 16380 16381 16382 16383 16384 16385 16386 16387 16388 16389 16390 16391 16392 16393 16394 16395 ... 33284 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364756 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2206
Merit: 3166

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:35:41 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:17:01 PM

please look at the picture before responding.

LOL You take that ridiculous childish "chart" seriously?

That's almost as whacky as your claims earlier that Thursday's dip wasn't caused by Bitcoin withdrawals being suspended at 2 major Chinese exchanges. You seemed to really want to take the credit for predicting it.

I know you confess to being a minor in your username, but just how young are you?

First of all that is not my chart, I used it because apparently me using words and people inferring things that aren't being said hasn't been working.

You and everyone else here believing that propaganda. If people here would realize that the 3 or 4 agencies that keep reporting this nonsense argument is propaganda then the better this thread would be.

I am much beyond your intellect to respond to your last query. And until your contribution to this thread improves, back on ignore with you.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:42:04 PM

please look at the picture before responding.

LOL You take that ridiculous childish "chart" seriously?

That's almost as whacky as your claims earlier that Thursday's dip wasn't caused by Bitcoin withdrawals being suspended at 2 major Chinese exchanges. You seemed to really want to take the credit for predicting it.

I know you confess to being a minor in your username, but just how young are you?

First of all that is not my chart, I used it because apparently me using words and people inferring things that aren't being said hasn't been working.

You and everyone else here believing that propaganda. If people here would realize that the 3 or 4 agencies that keep reporting this nonsense argument is propaganda then the better this thread would be.

I am much beyond your intellect to respond to your last query. And until your contribution to this thread improves, back on ignore with you.

in this life that we run all time i forgot totally about the ignore button and really thank for remembering that! i really enjoy this thread, 1st time here i think at ~3.000 page.
Since then i not remember me going out Smiley Can i ask your opinion how you see movement from here? my feeling yesterday proved wrong, i was expecting we go down but not happened.
Any good information or idea what the next days will bring us?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4439

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:48:29 PM

LOL There you go again.  Roll Eyes

I think you're the one that more intelligent people here have on ignore.

Don't flatter yourself with aspirations of being anyone's intellectual superior. You're not.
________

I'd put you on ignore myself except I find your mindless blathering entertaining. Same reason I don't have Kwukduck on ignore.

The only users I've ever had on ignore were truly obnoxious... MatTheCat and the original NotLambChop. You're not in their league.

Oops, I just remembered. You have me on ignore. LOL

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:58:01 PM

LOL There you go again.  Roll Eyes

I think you're the one that more intelligent people here have on ignore.

Don't flatter yourself with aspirations of being anyone's intellectual superior. You're not.
________

I'd put you on ignore myself except I find your mindless blathering entertaining. Same reason I don't have Kwukduck on ignore.

The only users I've ever had on ignore were truly obnoxious... MatTheCat and the original NotLambChop. You're not in their league.

Oops, I just remembered. You have me on ignore. LOL

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool

not that it's my business but i think this lead us nowhere... i think exchange information and speak and of course speculation is this reason of the thread...
Let's do that and put some water to your wine.... life is good! i not support Poolminor or you.... let's go back to speculation Smiley love people and where love can't be there is always the ignore button that i have to say that with poolminor post that happened to read i know can use it again! anybody to share opinion regarding price on upcoming days?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:09:04 AM

Oh?  now you are trying to act as if you are some kind of "expert" in the topic.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Maybe your "therapist" status shows that you want to be in "control"

This is not 'substantive'.

This is called responding to your derailment.

What you are an expert in is avoiding addressing topics, and taking matters personally and diversion... If you just attempted to respond to the substance of my post in regards to bitcoin and the questions that I asked you in terms of backing up your bitcoin related claims:

This is projection.

Again.. merely responding to your derailment.  Whether I am projecting or not, who gives a ratt's ass?  If you would merely respond to the substantive post, then there would be no need for supposed "projection" from me, you wanna be armchair "expert"

(here's your statement:  "Is it possible that the Chinese exchanges have been faking volumes even since the last talk with PBoC, which resulted in them starting to charge fees? That would help explain why this week's PBoC intervention hasn't had much of an impact."), and I had asked some questions from you to attempt to back up your speculation.

This is not a statement.
It is a question. The statement that immediately follows is the back up. The former explains the latter. It's one explanation for what's going on. Not the best, not the worst. For your delectation and appreciation, I've put another one below.

Whatever it is does not matter.  You still have not even attempted to answer.  You merely get caught up in irrelevant technicalities.

If you could stick to the topic of bitcoin, then maybe we would not be delving into this land of irrelevance and your supposed "expertise" in a non-topical issue, your stupid-ass attempts at arm-chair diagnosis of psychology.

This is definitely projection.

still nothing but repetition here.

Here's how we can be sure. If you answer this post, you will be the one further 'delving into this land of irrelevance', proving me incontrovertibly right. Go on. Answer Smiley

I'm just responding to your dumb ass, and yeah, your attempt to control the narrative by defining what a response from me would mean.. pure nonsense and fantasy from your seeming desire to play games.

And that, my friend, is called 'Reverse Psychology'.

It is only a kind of reverse psychology that works if the other person is willing to play your framing games, or to play on your inadequate and wishful self-aggrandizing terms.

On-topic: China had relatively little effect and my guess is that the ETF won't have a dramatic impact, one way or another. Markets don't exactly react to news, they treat it as an excuse to go where they want to anyway. Hence the headlines that say: USD fell in response to disappointing jobs data // USD rose despite disappointing jobs data. We've been in a strong uptrend for months with no real sign of a bubble or blow-off top, so I'm expecting that to continue until such time as it looks like it's overcooked things. At which point China, the ETF or some other reason will provide the 'reason' to switch to bear mode.

Beer o'clock. Over and out.

o.k.  maybe a little bit on topic and substantive?  Does not really respond to my previous questions, but likely my previous questions do not really even matter any more because you have diverted long enough that the previous topic has been forgotten, and maybe I don't even care anymore to hear your response.. which seems like you probably did not have any specific ideas anyway, beyond vague generalities.

JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:28:54 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 12:48:08 AM by JimboToronto

not that it's my business but i think this lead us nowhere... i think exchange information and speak and of course speculation is this reason of the thread...
Let's do that and put some water to your wine.... life is good! i not support Poolminor or you.... let's go back to speculation Smiley love people and where love can't be there is always the ignore button that i have to say that with poolminor post that happened to read i know can use it again! anybody to share opinion regarding price on upcoming days?

No problem. I usually take other people's bullshit in stride. I just found his condescending attitude really annoying after a while. I'll leave it at that. Sorry for feeding the trolls.
______

As for sharing opinions regarding prices in upcoming days, I see continuing upward movement. There's no real reason for the price to fall. Sorry, "technical analysis" doesn't count.

We weathered the actual freezing of Bitcoin withdrawals (as compared with last month's mere rumors) with a short day's dip into triple digits.

There are fewer bitcoins leaving China, thereby decreasing supply to a presumably steady demand. Meanwhile, the prices on the Chinese exchanges have almost caught up to those on the western exchanges. The people most affected by the freeze don't seem to be panicking.

In the rest of the world, Bitcoin continues to expand. I find it all very bullish. JMHO.
______

Edit: While I see the overall trend as upward, it could also go sideways for a few days just to consolidate.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:33:46 AM

typical weekend action ( or lack thereof ).

Monday it'll become more clear that sub 1000 is history.

i'm thinking new ATH by the end of next week.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:28:30 AM

I can't really argue with that. Upward is the obvious direction. It's just a matter of how soon.

I think we'll see some sideways movement before the big surge past the ATH. Then again I thought it would take a couple of days to get back over $1000 after Thursday's withdrawal freeze fiasco. Instead it took less than a day.

I'd rather say by the end of the month than by the end of the week.
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:52:16 AM

I can't really argue with that. Upward is the obvious direction. It's just a matter of how soon.

I think we'll see some sideways movement before the big surge past the ATH. Then again I thought it would take a couple of days to get back over $1000 after Thursday's withdrawal freeze fiasco. Instead it took less than a day.

I'd rather say by the end of the month than by the end of the week.

What do you think about the ETF brother ?

Are you aware that COIN ETF have a newly created official twitter accounted created the day before yesterday ?
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:05:19 AM

Are you aware that COIN ETF have a newly created official twitter accounted created the day before yesterday ?

Yes, I saw that.

I don't know if it's just the Winklevoss bros jumping the gun. They didn't make any official announcement, nor has anyone else, and the hearing is still a month away. Maybe they have some reason to believe it's already been decided and are unable to say so, but I doubt it. Remember it's only social media. Anyone can post whatever they want.

I'll just wait until March 11 to see, like everyone else. Hopefully by then we'll already be at a new ATH.
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:10:50 AM

Yes, I saw that.

I don't know if it's just the Winklevoss bros jumping the gun. They didn't make any official announcement, nor has anyone else, and the hearing is still a month away. Maybe they have some reason to believe it's already been decided and are unable to say so, but I doubt it. Remember it's only social media. Anyone can post whatever they want.

I'll just wait until March 11 to see, like everyone else. Hopefully by then we'll already be at a new ATH.

But take care of something, we've deals with top-notch financial institutions, website, logo ... etc. ?

Are they in for losing their credibility easily ?

I understand that it's only social media, but why they didn't wait for the hearing at the 11th then create that account unless, in a way or another, they are sure they will have the ETF operated ?!
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:37:44 AM

Yes, I saw that.

But take care of something, we've deals with top-notch financial institutions, website, logo ... etc. ?

I understand that it's only social media, but why they didn't wait for the hearing at the 11th then create that account unless, in a way or another, they are sure they will have the ETF operated ?!
their jumping the gun a little, but i think they have good reasons to be optimistic
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:46:13 AM

I think we're all wondering about that. If the decision goes against them, their credibility will take a big hit, for sure.

Saying they'd have egg on their faces is an understatement. They'd be a laughingstock.

That's why I was wondering if they were privy to some inside information but not in a position to divulge it, or where it came from.

I guess there's not much we can do except wait and see what happens in March.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:29:11 AM

Also, you are claiming that we are in a downwards spiraling wedge at the moment..

Please look at the picture where I said we are here, did you notice the low part of the wedge is going up, not down?

yes.. I can see the picture.  It shows that the top part of the wedge is coming down and the lower part is going up.  What is the point?  Does it change anything?  You are still drawing a picture for where we are at and suggesting that the upcoming breakout is going to be downward.. and assigning a pretty high probability to such prediction of a downward breakout .. including seeming to fail to account for our rise to $1075 last week, even though after the fact you are suggesting that it was all within your previous prediction (did I say that you made the assessment after the fact?)   Roll Eyes   o.k. great...

and you were even implying (though you deny such) that the $800 would be coming sooner.. (but now you seem to be putting that $800 claim a bit further into the future.

Again, just because you jump to conclusions and make inferences based on not actually reading what is typed (even though you quote it) does not make it an implication.
BTW this is not the first time you quoted me and inferred something I never said. And most likely will not be the last.

If you are going to ram your silly ass predictions down people’s throats and then gloat about how wonderful you are, then of course you are going to inspire some responses, including from me.

Also, yes you continuously seem to get pleasure in whining about how you are not fully understood and that people do not read the specifics of your posts to catch every little detail.. and again.. who gives a ratt’s ass about your going on and on about your various technicalities.  There is still an ability to respond to you without having to study every stupid ass little meaningless detail that you post.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:40:22 AM

^^ pot, kettle
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:04:11 AM

^^ pot, kettle

Yes... I see that we have a man of many words here who would like to chime in... Please proceed with your explanation of whatever point you are so far vaguely making.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:23:13 AM

I've found poolminor to be quite credible over time yet I still like ya Jimbo. He's not going beartard, just calling the final run of the bulls in the near term with a resumption of the bull trend in some months. Gotta have some red dragons in the future to complete and relaunch the next epic bull run.
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:12:10 AM

^^ pot, kettle
Perfect brevity.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:56:37 AM

I've found poolminor to be quite credible over time yet I still like ya Jimbo. He's not going beartard, just calling the final run of the bulls in the near term with a resumption of the bull trend in some months. Gotta have some red dragons in the future to complete and relaunch the next epic bull run.

I own bitcoin and metals but I'd much rather prefer metals went up and bitcoin didn't because the odds of bitcoin being turned against us and co-opted by govt are much higher than not.  Here's another new predictable govt co-opting of crypto coming out of japan recently:

"Only approved virtual currencies by the authority are considered legitimate and can be traded, sold or promoted to public"

This means government now arbitrates what forks are valid and which are not, so even if you were pretending it was decentralized before, it's definitely not going to be with things like that adopted by national governments.  Laws like this do not mean the govt just plays judge on forks either, it means the govt will create their own fork and force you to use it. (hint: forced chain anchor)

People need to stop being morons and pretending like the govt isn't going to completely control every aspect of cryptocurrency in the endgame.  Every transaction will be traced with white and black lists and more regulation than has ever been seen on earth, aka a permissioned ledger.  The term is called "creeping fascism", when you trick someone into a system while slowly piling on the regulation one by one until it's a police state.  It's like willingly accepting their cash ban and complete control over all transactions once all has been said and done.
Pages: « 1 ... 16295 16296 16297 16298 16299 16300 16301 16302 16303 16304 16305 16306 16307 16308 16309 16310 16311 16312 16313 16314 16315 16316 16317 16318 16319 16320 16321 16322 16323 16324 16325 16326 16327 16328 16329 16330 16331 16332 16333 16334 16335 16336 16337 16338 16339 16340 16341 16342 16343 16344 [16345] 16346 16347 16348 16349 16350 16351 16352 16353 16354 16355 16356 16357 16358 16359 16360 16361 16362 16363 16364 16365 16366 16367 16368 16369 16370 16371 16372 16373 16374 16375 16376 16377 16378 16379 16380 16381 16382 16383 16384 16385 16386 16387 16388 16389 16390 16391 16392 16393 16394 16395 ... 33284 »
  Print  

Jump to: