April 24, 2024, 12:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 33296 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:57:41 AM

Supposing that the big sale was a shock and not a trend reversal, I expect that a triangle consolidation pattern will unfold on the hourly chart, perhaps with the apex at  $125.

In clearer terms?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:00:18 AM

Supposing that the big sale was a shock and not a trend reversal, I expect that a triangle consolidation pattern will unfold on the hourly chart, perhaps with the apex at  $125.

In clearer terms?

LOL sell  Tongue
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:00:46 AM

Well, looks like were back at 2 weeks ago. We'll reach 130 again in 10 days followed by another big dump and repeat it all over again Smiley
I highly doubt it, the trendline since 50 has now been pretty brutally smashed. I feel 100 isn't far off at this point. I don't care about the buying happening at the moment, just the bounce after a huge drop. This feels like a desperation push by a big player, we could be testing the broken trendline now before continued drop. These big players should have come out in the last couple days to get us over 132-135. Already back at 123 before I finished this. Lets see where we go. I'd love to be wrong.

Damn, going back to 100 would be really bad.
Yep, after that... this could potentially take us back all the way to test $50 again, maybe even $40. It would be the buying opportunity of the lifetime if we climb again after that, but this could take many months, and it is only a buying opportunity if it doesn't break lower then that of course. Confidence will be smashed for a good long time if we start dropping to that range. Arrggg I hate this, I would have much rather things just continued up.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:01:51 AM

NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:03:10 AM

Supposing that the big sale was a shock and not a trend reversal, I expect that a triangle consolidation pattern will unfold on the 15-minute chart, perhaps with the apex at  $125.

But we ripped straight through the trendline we've been on since 50.  Embarrassed Angry
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:06:23 AM

Well, looks like were back at 2 weeks ago. We'll reach 130 again in 10 days followed by another big dump and repeat it all over again Smiley
I highly doubt it, the trendline since 50 has now been pretty brutally smashed. I feel 100 isn't far off at this point. I don't care about the buying happening at the moment, just the bounce after a huge drop. This feels like a desperation push by a big player, we could be testing the broken trendline now before continued drop. These big players should have come out in the last couple days to get us over 132-135. Already back at 123 before I finished this. Lets see where we go. I'd love to be wrong.

Yep, after that... this could potentially take us back all the way to test $50 again, maybe even $40. It would be the buying opportunity of the lifetime if we climb again after that, but this could take many months, and it is only a buying opportunity if it doesn't break lower then that of course. Confidence will be smashed for a good long time if we start dropping to that range. Arrggg I hate this, I would have much rather things just continued up.

The loss of confidence if we go that low again will be massive. So lets hope this won't happen.
gizmoh
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:07:35 AM

I believe its the 8k wall which is to blame , creating a false sense of security and when a big whale saw an opportunity to take advantage of it,creating a panic by eating that wall,now its worse than what would have been a normal retest..
Dargumin

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:09:17 AM

In fiat terms this is a great time to pick up an Asicminer Block Erupter Blade...
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:10:22 AM

NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:14:29 AM

I believe its the 8k wall which is to blame , creating a false sense of security and when a big whale saw an opportunity to take advantage of it,creating a panic by eating that wall,now its worse than what would have been a normal retest..

Yeah something along those lines I think. My theory is that the wall was actually the seller. The Wallmaker simply wanted to sell as many coins close to 130 as possible. He knew the treadline had already been basically broken a day or two ago, he could have helped it with his super money if he had the confidence the market would follow him, but he didn't. Thus he created the large bid wall to create a false sense of security so bids would pile up above his wall and he slowly sold. When the time was right he could just do one massive sell down to his wall, remove his wall, sell even more and then let the games begin. May have even sold into his own wall to create fear.

This was my theory the moment that wall was created. I really, really wanted it to be wrong. I think I might have been right on it though. =(

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:17:40 AM

Yep, after that... this could potentially take us back all the way to test $50 again, maybe even $40. It would be the buying opportunity of the lifetime if we climb again after that,

Yes. If you buy low and the price climbs after that, it will have been a buying opportunity. If not, then not.
gizmoh
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Yeah something along those lines I think. My theory is that the wall was actually the seller. The Wallmaker simply wanted to sell as many coins close to 130 as possible. He knew the treadline had already been basically broken a day or two ago, he could have helped it with his super money if he had the confidence the market would follow him, but he didn't. Thus he created the large bid wall to create a false sense of security so bids would pile up above his wall and he slowly sold. When the time was right he could just do one massive sell down to his wall, remove his wall, sell even more and then let the games begin. May have even sold into his own wall to create fear.

This was my theory the moment that wall was created. I really, really wanted it to be wrong. I think I might have been right on it though. =(

Yea i noticed the consistent 300-600  dumps yesterday.That is a hell of a  Masterplan.. Trading is stuck at 'Apex' now..
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:22:02 AM

Yea i noticed the consistent 300-600  dumps yesterday.That is a hell of a  Masterplan.. Trading is stuck at 'Apex' now..

Yes! Exactly. I noticed those 300-600 sells happening pretty consistently too. Sell... let it build back up again... sell another 400... repeat.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:23:07 AM

I think some try to read too much into this, it's just big players trying to manipulate the market to their advantage. There is no reason to get wet dreams about $50 already, bitcoin does whatever the fuck it wants. Perhaps tomorrow it will rally up to $140. At least that sounds more likely than seeing $50 again just because some whales had a pillow fight just now. Tongue
ardana123

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:27:39 AM

what are u smoking and can i not have some of it?
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

I think some try to read too much into this, it's just big players trying to manipulate the market to their advantage. There is no reason to get wet dreams about $50 already, bitcoin does whatever the fuck it wants. Perhaps tomorrow it will rally up to $140. At least that sounds more likely than seeing $50 again just because some whales had a pillow fight just now. Tongue

That's what scares me the most. The amount of people who can't wait for the price to drop to 50. Their greed is more important to them than the coin surviving at all.
I doubt they even realize how very bad a drop to 50 right now would be.
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:30:04 AM

The only reason I say this is because the market has now completely and utterly terminated the trendline we have been climbing since 50 well over a month ago. All the big selloffs since then have simply bounced off the trendline and continued upwards, but this time the price has torn straight through it. Some people don't believe in trendlines and analysis, but all my experience has shown them to be remarkably useful, and its just a mass human psychology in the end. Like I said before, I'd love to be wrong, I hated the drop from $32 - $2 even if I benefitted greatly in the end.
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:31:41 AM

what are u smoking and can i not have some of it?

I'm smoking good old technical analysis, and I hope I'm wrong. I really dislike FUD, and I'm usually a bull. But I won't stay perma bull if it just feels wrong. I'm just discussing my thoughts at the moment.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:35:49 AM

That's what scares me the most. The amount of people who can't wait for the price to drop to 50. Their greed is more important to them than the coin surviving at all.

Wrong, a sell off down to $50 assuming it held would make a triple bottom and would form a good basis for going up from there.

If only it wouldn't go up so fast.

Remember the price was $50 only a few weeks ago.
ShroomsKit

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:38:43 AM

Wrong, a sell off down to $50 assuming it held would make a triple bottom and would form a good basis for going up from there.

If only it wouldn't go up so fast.

Remember the price was $50 only a few weeks ago.

You are seriously saying a crash to 50 at this point wouldn't cause massive loss in confidence? You are joking right?
Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 33296 »
  Print  

Jump to: