April 19, 2024, 11:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 18204 18205 18206 18207 18208 18209 18210 18211 18212 18213 18214 18215 [18216] 18217 18218 18219 18220 18221 18222 18223 18224 18225 18226 18227 18228 18229 18230 18231 18232 18233 18234 18235 18236 18237 18238 18239 18240 18241 18242 18243 18244 18245 18246 18247 18248 18249 18250 18251 18252 18253 18254 18255 18256 18257 18258 18259 18260 18261 18262 18263 18264 18265 18266 ... 33283 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364643 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
True Myth

Activity: 315
Merit: 213

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:21:15 AM

giggle
be serious man there's work to be done

Is this the adult equivalent of kids hiding things under their bed when they are told to clean up?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:23:31 AM

https://www.bitcoincash.org/letter-from-the-ceo.pdf
OFFICIAL STATEMENT
COMMUNIQUÉ OFFICIE

That entire pdf is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. It sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. And there's a lot of "We the Management will manage things better for you" garbage rhetoric. So centralized management will decide what's best for the lowly masses. Got it.
Our pic'a'nic bear really is not arguing in good faith. At least we see through him.

[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMdhkyfV4AA6521.jpg[/img]

Seems you _might_ be referring to me, though I have no idea why.

because you are disingenuous troll bear that eats other people's picnic food and acts like you are doing a favor... that's why.    Tongue Tongue

Am I budding my nose into someone else's business again?Huh

NOT!!!
yermom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:25:37 AM

Not taking sides in a war is usually smart, but not always, and this is one of those exceptions.

Taking side in a war is usually dumb, but not always. Not taking one is dumbest (or malign neutrality perhaps)
If one is measuring his/her acts based on ideas, that's going to end badly

BTC/BCH squarehead: "But, but the others..."
Honey badgers: I DON'T CARE!!

PS: No exceptions

except satoshi. that traitor!
srsly do you expect people to dig up their cold storage every time anybody forks off some turd. or just this time?

Bitcoin is not upon an idea. IT IS THE IDEA. Not exactly the same.
About the other concern, well everyone is free
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:26:05 AM

On another note, just to show how laughable all this fork thing is, BT2 (or segwit2x) still has a price and is being traded though it doesn't exist, nor will it ever!

https://www.bitfinex.com/stats

Roll Eyes
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:26:32 AM

Reuters reports, former Fortress macro hedge fund manager Mike Novogratz - who we most recently profiled here - told Reuters Global 2018 Investment Outlook Summit in New York that he bought $15 to $20 million worth of Bitcoin over the weekend in that recent pullback.

we have motive
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:28:25 AM

Reuters reports, former Fortress macro hedge fund manager Mike Novogratz - who we most recently profiled here - told Reuters Global 2018 Investment Outlook Summit in New York that he bought $15 to $20 million worth of Bitcoin over the weekend in that recent pullback.

we have motive

my real estate guy bought 0.15!
true story
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:28:36 AM

we have motive

Of course we do. All bitcoin did was retrace a little as it had reached the upper bound of its channel. Of course, this was presented as a failure by the forkers!
smartcomet

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:29:01 AM

https://btgexp.com/
look like BTGold is on line, 1 BTG = 216.833 USD
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:34:49 AM

If Monday comes and we're still bleeding down like Peter R. imagines we will be, I'm going to start daytarding. Simple as that.

That is why I follow this thread.

Continued hillarity!!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You never learn, BMB, do you?

How much money you gotta lose before you reconsider your temptation to trade?  especially when you don't have any clue about how to structure your orders.   

Well, good for the rest of us that you will likely sell at the bottom and buy at the top, and it is good for the ecosystem to have some of you "brave" folks out there.

Roll Eyes    Tongue
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:35:52 AM

If Monday comes and we're still bleeding down like Peter R. imagines we will be, I'm going to start daytarding. Simple as that.

That is why I follow this thread.

Continued hillarity!!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You never learn, BMB, do you?

How much money you gotta lose before you reconsider your temptation to trade?  especially when you don't have any clue about how to structure your orders.   

Well, good for the rest of us that you will likely sell at the bottom and buy at the top, and it is good for the ecosystem to have some of you "brave" folks out there.

Roll Eyes    Tongue

yeah. he earned that.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:39:39 AM

Why are you reacting so emotionally?  You have held bitcoin for a long time, and so you would have equal coins on both the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash chains.  If Bitcoin evolves as peer-to-peer digital cash, with low fees and reliable confirmation, you win; if Bitcoin evolves as digital gold, with high fees and transaction friction, you win too.

I believe in the original vision for Bitcoin as described in the white paper: as a peer-to-peer electronic cash system.  I am working to help shape bitcoin to that vision and will continue to do so.

Could I be wrong?  Sure.  Maybe it actually is good to have $20 fees (soon to be $50) and a network that can only process 3 transactions per seconds (one thousand times less than Visa).  

And that is why I hold both BTC and BCH.  

i react emotionally because YOU play games with my live savings. why the fuck aren´t you creating just another altcoin to realize your great vision? why tamper with bitcoin? if you are not happy with it, leave it. well, you sort of did, but you try to steal as much juice of it as possible, trying to hurt bitcoin as much as possible.

now you expecting me to hug you for it? your game is called hijacking and it is evil.

From my perspective, it is Blockstream/Core that are tampering with Bitcoin, by refusing to allow a much-needed capacity increase to reduce fees and allow for continued growth, and then by fundamentally changing the structure of the BTC coin by adding segwit.  

Bitcoin Cash represents the original vision for Bitcoin as peer-to-peer electronic cash.  I will continue work to realize this vision, and help resist the hijack attempt by Blockstream and Core.

Bitcoin gains it's value by proven exclusion of any third party intervention in a value exchange network between peers.
This is achieved in "The original vision" by that both the sender and receiver peer can independently get a proof by running a full node that there is no double spending on a transaction between them. No need for a trusted third party can be only achieved by this independent verification process, which needs the physically possible minimum technical requirements for running a full node for the most participants. A large block size excludes most peers doing this, essentially destroying the very core of bitcoin's value.

There was nothing about how the cost of transactions (fees) would be "fair" in the white paper; the costs of doing transactions in a voluntary, opt-in value exchange network is entirely upon the peers do decide between themselves.

You are basically saying that the free market is not working to establish the subjective valuation of the actors to reach a price of transacting. You think you can "spend their money better than they do".
That is the problem, not the vaporware you shill.
yermom

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:50:10 AM

New slogan in here next year:

This is Bitcointalk, not a fucking Bitcoin forum!  :roto2:

Shame on you
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:59:58 AM

Bitcoin gains it's value by proven exclusion of any third party intervention in a value exchange network between peers.
This is achieved in "The original vision" by that both the sender and receiver peer can independently get a proof by running a full node that there is no double spending on a transaction between them. No need for a trusted third party can be only achieved by this independent verification process, which needs the physically possible minimum technical requirements for running a full node for the most participants. A large block size excludes most peers doing this, essentially destroying the very core of bitcoin's value.

There was nothing about how the cost of transactions (fees) would be "fair" in the white paper; the costs of doing transactions in a voluntary, opt-in value exchange network is entirely upon the peers do decide between themselves.

You are basically saying that the free market is not working to establish the subjective valuation of the actors to reach a price of transacting. You think you can "spend their money better than they do".

This is the fundamental truth that I think holes the bigblock argument below the waterline.  Thank you for formulating it so succinctly.  Of course they retort that low transaction throughput will force most transactions on to L2 or L3 solutions, thus reintroducing a "trusted" third party into the equation.

I say, fine, for low value transactions I have no issue with taking my chances with some gatekeeper, or using a lesser coin.  But when I want to move a significant lump of value, bet your ass I will gladly pay whatever the fee at that time is to take the responsibility for the security of that transaction myself.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:23:26 AM

With simplified payment verification technology (Section 8 of white paper), users can be their own banks, verify their own transactions, and send payments to anyone, trustlessly and without a middleman.  Users do not need to run network nodes.

Here are slides from a talk I gave this summer explaining how this brilliant technique created by Satoshi works:

https://www.slideshare.net/peter_r/scaling-bitcoin-to-a-billion-users?qid=3e0b7061-f29b-4a6c-bc5b-ee6b59fffe49&v=&b=&from_search=1

Satoshi's design is massively scalable.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:26:33 AM

The news links below, but in Korean.
Basically 3000 people show up at Bithumb's Gangnam HQ to protest that lovely Gox style candlestick from 2.85 mio KRW ($2600) to 0.25 mio KRW ($220).  The presidential palace is demanding an investigation into the incident.  Hope that Vers et al. won't get a visit from those Jopok anytime soon.   Roll Eyes

http://biz.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/11/13/2017111302006.html
http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/economy/finance/818839.html

Any news about what is happening at Bithumb? That's the korean exchange where most of the BCH trading/pumping happened I think.

I was thinking that maybe JJG has gone to Korea to kick some ass.  Haven't seen him here since the shit show began.

hahahaha

It' is nice to be missed...    Cry Cry
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:41:08 AM

Paid 6$ transaction fee and after 3 days .. 0 confirmations . Bullish.

This is not a good time for making such measurements, since there is an  ongoing spam attack going on - and sure some folks believe that bitcoin should be resilient enough to withstand spam attacks and still transmit.  I suppose some of these kinds of matters might be addressed by off chain transactions, too.

Overall bitcoin is bullish, but not for the contraindicator reasons that you trollishly point out.   Roll Eyes
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:57:30 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 03:10:22 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

I believe in short posts:
Short.

Bitcoincash ?   Nahh  Smiley

Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:26:51 AM

With simplified payment verification technology (Section 8 of white paper), users can be their own banks, verify their own transactions, and send payments to anyone, trustlessly and without a middleman.  Users do not need to run network nodes.

Here are slides from a talk I gave this summer explaining how this brilliant technique created by Satoshi works:

https://www.slideshare.net/peter_r/scaling-bitcoin-to-a-billion-users?qid=3e0b7061-f29b-4a6c-bc5b-ee6b59fffe49&v=&b=&from_search=1

Could you explain why you think that users don't need to run network nodes?
I don't agree, but I would like to understand your point of view.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:28:58 AM

good opportunity to buy more. i dont know where the bottom will be so i'm buying 0.05 at every $300 drop Grin

JJ will be proud of you...

That is exactly what you supposed to be doing....     Grin

And were the hell have you been during this shit storm? You alone could have worn all the BCH shillers down with you never ending walls of text.

hahahahahaha

Thanks for the praise (I think?).

I was not completely detached, but I was out having fun (that did not involve typing).

All of my outstanding BCH sell orders filled between .08 and .31 BTC.  I only have access to a tiny bit more BCH on WEX (and then the token BCH that WEX has not issued and the coinbase BCH that has not issued).. so yeah, nearly out of BCH.

Regarding BTC, I was able to set some of my BTC sell orders after my many buy orders triggered all the way down from $6700 to $5400-ish.  I did fall behind a little bit on setting my orders (because of my fun having), and I was not able to catch up on my thread reading until today.

Go figure.  I do admit that I did have to wade through quite a lot of troll posts, and surely PeterR has been allowed quite a bit of nonsensical latitude, as you likely already recognized.   Wink
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:35:24 AM

If users do not run nodes, who does? I mean.. non users run the nodes?? Is this an Orwelian newspeak?
I think we have a different definition of what a node is and does in a network, but that happens.

And no, i will never trust anything that begins with "simplified" in that sense. That is a code word for "do not worry, we have your back, somewhere, you do not need to know, relax".
I must be able to see EVERYTHING since the Genesis block. That is the ONLY 100% guarantee not to be screwed over by "simplified technology". You can not simplify an information state below itself (you can not express '1' with anything shorter than itself).

edit: btw, you have not addressed my argument about free market of fees, or that what if users want to run nodes - not because they have to/need to, but because that is bitcoin's value proposition but prohibited by gigabyte blocks. You have just recited slogans "be your own bank! - even though you can not run a server farm yourself, but, meh it sounded good!"
Pages: « 1 ... 18166 18167 18168 18169 18170 18171 18172 18173 18174 18175 18176 18177 18178 18179 18180 18181 18182 18183 18184 18185 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18191 18192 18193 18194 18195 18196 18197 18198 18199 18200 18201 18202 18203 18204 18205 18206 18207 18208 18209 18210 18211 18212 18213 18214 18215 [18216] 18217 18218 18219 18220 18221 18222 18223 18224 18225 18226 18227 18228 18229 18230 18231 18232 18233 18234 18235 18236 18237 18238 18239 18240 18241 18242 18243 18244 18245 18246 18247 18248 18249 18250 18251 18252 18253 18254 18255 18256 18257 18258 18259 18260 18261 18262 18263 18264 18265 18266 ... 33283 »
  Print  

Jump to: