April 16, 2024, 10:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (71.2%)
<$60,000 - 17 (28.8%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 ... 18389 18390 18391 18392 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 18417 18418 18419 18420 18421 18422 18423 18424 18425 18426 18427 18428 18429 18430 18431 18432 18433 18434 18435 18436 18437 18438 [18439] 18440 18441 18442 18443 18444 18445 18446 18447 18448 18449 18450 18451 18452 18453 18454 18455 18456 18457 18458 18459 18460 18461 18462 18463 18464 18465 18466 18467 18468 18469 18470 18471 18472 18473 18474 18475 18476 18477 18478 18479 18480 18481 18482 18483 18484 18485 18486 18487 18488 18489 ... 33266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:36:49 PM

I didn't really like it there enough to stay for a prolonged amount of time though... Way too hot.

All people seem to do in Thailand is sweat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:40:54 PM

I didn't really like it there enough to stay for a prolonged amount of time though... Way too hot.

I made the terrible mistake of going there any time except in the winter. Do not do this.

Do go about now, however, it's quite nice.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 2462

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:41:23 PM

Never been. Heard the women are quite accommodating as long as you have money.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:43:12 PM

First you have to figure out if they're actually women, then you have to wipe the sweat off them or you'll slide straight off.

This is not acceptable.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 2462

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:43:41 PM

First you have to figure out if they're actually women, then you have to wipe the sweat off them or you'll slide straight off.

This is not acceptable.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:49:17 PM

beez in a trap :-D weeee
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:50:34 PM

OMG. Apparently every time you move a BTC off Coinbase to your wallet, that counts as a sell event.

God Fucking Damnit !

right?

these dinosaur nation states are so far behind the technology it really is laughable, just keep it in crypto and wait them out, this empire is near it's sell by date

Just move to Amsterdam. No taxes on gains whatsoever, only 1.2% on the value of what you own at the end of the year. Buy me a beer when you do Bob.
Are you serious? I've been looking for something like that. Canada with its 12.5% for the highest gainers was already very appealing to me, but the ridiculously strict immigration laws and the (at least apparent) amount of SJWs has been putting me off. Some US states looked appealing as well with around 20% for long-term hodls, but all the bullshitting with net neutrality and whatnot doesn't make that country very appealing either (I love the drama, but only from a distance..).

What does immigration to the Netherlands look like and how easy is it to declare your net worth?

I am serious. However immigrating is not that easy, even though Holland is very welcoming. Most importantly, the country you move from will generally want to settle all outstanding stuff including e.g. pensions in one full swoop. How that would work out you would have to check locally.

As I understand, in Belgium you actually pay exactly 0%. Plus it has better food and wine.

However Holland is slightly more internationally orientated and better organised. Whether you like the culture more is a question of taste. The Belgians are more polite, the Dutch are more straight forward and open minded.

Edit: sorry, to answer your question, or rather not answer it, I don't know how the procedure works. Of course, bringing a lot of money with you makes things easier. Declaring your net worth seems a question of just doing so I presume.  

Edit2: looks easy: https://www.wikihow.com/Move-to-the-Netherlands
The Netherlands would be simpler for me from a language perspective than Belgium. I also don't mind the liberal stance towards substances to say the least and I already know that there is some good and authentic Japanese cuisine in Amsterdam, which is generally quite rare abroad, so that's a massive bonus for me as I'd prefer not having to fly across the globe to satisfy some food cravings.

I've looked into it a bit too now, and it seems like getting into the Netherlands would be as simple as walking right in for me, unlike Canada. Seriously considering it, even if just for a short to mid term kind of stay. Anything is better than having to twist and bend to comply with tax laws without paying a ridiculous ~40% on gains for now.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention by the way.

I made the terrible mistake of going there any time except in the winter. Do not do this.

I lived there for a while, and summer is just utterly brutal. Pretty much lived in AC'd environments during that period.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:59:58 PM

I've looked into it a bit too now, and it seems like getting into the Netherlands would be as simple as walking right in for me, unlike Canada. Seriously considering it, even if just for a short to mid term kind of stay. Anything is better than having to twist and bend to comply with tax laws without paying a ridiculous ~40% on gains for now.

Where are you right now and what's the difference between Netherlands and Canada as far as Bitcoin (and other crypto) is concerned? Both seem to have localbitcoins ... but I'm guessing you're looking at exchanges that exist there, or you just want to be a good guy and properly declare your capital gains.

Both countries have at least a dozen exchanges and you could always wire transfer from outside those countries. Without using Coinbase.

*edit* if you hang around long enough in any country, you'll find a few "dealers" who will gladly exchange for you without asking questions, but ... maybe you want to properly declare your taxes and stuff.
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:01:05 PM

OMG. Apparently every time you move a BTC off Coinbase to your wallet, that counts as a sell event.

God Fucking Damnit !

right?

these dinosaur nation states are so far behind the technology it really is laughable, just keep it in crypto and wait them out, this empire is near it's sell by date

Just move to Amsterdam. No taxes on gains whatsoever, only 1.2% on the value of what you own at the end of the year. Buy me a beer when you do Bob.
Are you serious? I've been looking for something like that. Canada with its 12.5% for the highest gainers was already very appealing to me, but the ridiculously strict immigration laws and the (at least apparent) amount of SJWs has been putting me off. Some US states looked appealing as well with around 20% for long-term hodls, but all the bullshitting with net neutrality and whatnot doesn't make that country very appealing either (I love the drama, but only from a distance..).

What does immigration to the Netherlands look like and how easy is it to declare your net worth?

I am serious. However immigrating is not that easy, even though Holland is very welcoming. Most importantly, the country you move from will generally want to settle all outstanding stuff including e.g. pensions in one full swoop. How that would work out you would have to check locally.

As I understand, in Belgium you actually pay exactly 0%. Plus it has better food and wine.

However Holland is slightly more internationally orientated and better organised. Whether you like the culture more is a question of taste. The Belgians are more polite, the Dutch are more straight forward and open minded.

Edit: sorry, to answer your question, or rather not answer it, I don't know how the procedure works. Of course, bringing a lot of money with you makes things easier. Declaring your net worth seems a question of just doing so I presume.  

The Netherlands would be simpler for me from a language perspective than Belgium. I also don't mind the liberal stance towards substances to say the least and I already know that there is some good and authentic Japanese cuisine in Amsterdam, which is generally quite rare abroad, so that's a massive bonus for me as I'd prefer not having to fly across the globe to satisfy some food cravings.

Ons Nederlands is beter dan het Hollands, Engels, Frans, Duits zijn we ook beter in en culinair, tja... . Grts from Belgium.

I lived there for a while, and summer is just utterly brutal. Pretty much lived in AC'd environments during that period.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

I got a cute poster that labels every country according to what it's known for. Thailand is labeled "brothel".

It's true too, but it's not worse than many other countries. It just has the reputation.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1849
Merit: 2819

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:18:45 PM

10K revisited! And the winner is ... bearstamp!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:19:14 PM

God Fucking Damnit !

right?

Well if you ever want to be shown around, give me a shout.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:21:40 PM

Bearstamp leading the charge back to 10K == bullish.

Countries that do _not_ have capital gains taxes; Switzerland, Seychelles, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, British Virgin Islands (other Carribean sweat holes too many to remember), Panama, ... i.e. there's quite a few if you do your research.

If exporting crypto from Coinbase to local wallet is considered a taxable event how much is a cross-chain atomic swap going to blow their tiny minds?

Dinosaurs, meteorites, asteroids, etc ... they should just run before they get smashed by a ball of fire impacting on their stupidity, exploding their evil, naked greed and lust for the wealth of others.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:24:57 PM

That's interesting. I would not have thought trading directly between cryptos would be a taxable event. That would be a real tax nightmare for many of us.

This is from UK focused stuff, so it may not apply to anywhere else. But the UK has done very little to clarify anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/comments/7fllvv/filling_in_cgt_form/

This geezer has written at length about it https://www.reddit.com/user/krissaroth

For UK, have you seen this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies

My hope is that I can get away with defining my trades as gambling, which means zero tax.  I'm about to take professional advice though, in a couple of weeks from now. I can keep you informed if you like?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:25:15 PM

God Fucking Damnit !

right?

Well if you ever want to be shown around, give me a shout.
Will take you up on that offer if I don't forget about it. Still locked up over here until Q4 2018 though.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:27:11 PM

For UK, have you seen this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies/revenue-and-customs-brief-9-2014-bitcoin-and-other-cryptocurrencies

My hope is that I can get away with defining my trades as gambling, which means zero tax.  I'm about to take professional advice though, in a couple of weeks from now. I can keep you informed if you like?

I have indeed but judging by all the discussion about it it's left a huge amount open to interpretation which isn't much use to anyone. It almost seems to be done on a case by case basis in which case I don't really get why they haven't done something clearer.

The common advice seems to be do what your accountant tells you to do and hope for the best.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:28:40 PM

Sorry if this was mentioned already. I'm too lazy to check.

It seems bitcoin was the subject at the presidential briefing yesterday. Sarah Sanders sez the president (and some advisors she named) were 'monitoring' it. Smiley

@15:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzskJmAHyck

Not sure if this is before or after the bitcoin Big Bang Theory episode.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:32:06 PM

I think I figured out why Denmark doesn't tax bitcoin. In the states you all have to do your taxes manually right? Well here it's done for us, we just have to report anything they missed (which is rare for most of us). They even return excess taxes automatically every year.

I reckon they just didn't want the massive headache it would have caused.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:32:11 PM

It seems bitcoin was the subject at the presidential briefing yesterday. Sarah Sanders sez the president (and some advisors she named) were 'monitoring' it. Smiley

This means that tomorrow Donald will order the execution of Satoshi, and you.

The following morning someone with real power will announce you can pay your taxes with it.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:33:00 PM

Ah fuck that journalist. Bringing it to the attention of that big Umpa Lumpa can never result in anything good.
Pages: « 1 ... 18389 18390 18391 18392 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 18417 18418 18419 18420 18421 18422 18423 18424 18425 18426 18427 18428 18429 18430 18431 18432 18433 18434 18435 18436 18437 18438 [18439] 18440 18441 18442 18443 18444 18445 18446 18447 18448 18449 18450 18451 18452 18453 18454 18455 18456 18457 18458 18459 18460 18461 18462 18463 18464 18465 18466 18467 18468 18469 18470 18471 18472 18473 18474 18475 18476 18477 18478 18479 18480 18481 18482 18483 18484 18485 18486 18487 18488 18489 ... 33266 »
  Print  

Jump to: