April 19, 2024, 04:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 18824 18825 18826 18827 18828 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 [18839] 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 18875 18876 18877 18878 18879 18880 18881 18882 18883 18884 18885 18886 18887 18888 18889 ... 33277 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:07:58 AM

Just turn off “Listen for Hey Siri”

That just stops Siri from loading up, doesn't stop listening though

It does. What do you think security researchers do both in their work/free time? You can clearly check that one by:

- Energy consumption lowers slightly in comparison to when it is waiting/"hearing" for the voice command.
- The voice command "Siri" is not sent to the network. It is one of the few commands that the device itself detects on its own. After it is activated, YES, it does send your audio to their cloud for analysis. They are not suppossed to legally save records of it not have been known any single known case where that has happened... But if you are paranoid about it, just don't fucking talk to Siri. DIsable it. You are good to go.

P.S.: If you ask siri for directions... YES, of course expect Siri (the cloud part of it) will remember that and show you related ads. It's clearly stated in the terms of use btw.

P.S.: There are additional reasons to disable Siri for reacting to voice starting because it has been exploited in the past by tricking it into giving access to the device as it was possible to access it without unlocking the terminal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:11:39 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 01:23:13 AM by LewisPirenne

This is merely a public service announcement.  Our 35K BTC spamming whale is back with his batches of tx.

As discussed a few days ago, this 35K BTC whale address started spamming on Dec 20,

https://blockchain.info/address/19Rd2Z4ckdPEs34KEmKpbddpK7ngp1sR6g

but he stopped after BTC bottomed at 10K and specifically with the green candlestick that goes from 13K to 14.8K.

But now he is back, paying 1k satoshi/byte, despite optimal fee for getting into next block at around 400~500 satoshi/byte.  

https://blockchain.info/address/197D9cfnEM3NwBGsmw4N99h18pkosoufkf
https://blockchain.info/tx/56a314ac0e58fe97daf97d75b73f8b6b4660488f099ffd37c22a774d2971420d

Note the coincidental downturn in the chart and those who trade the market can derive whatever conclusion they wish.  

For those interested in fee market, we are now down to backlogs with 400 satoshi/byte txs.  So for those who believes that it's mining cartel price gouging rather than whale manipulation, this is a data point for future reference on possible cartel price fixing scheme.
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:12:28 AM

I do agree with most you have said there, but I do have some minor discrepancies:

- LN is the real scaling solution. The only way to compete with other payment systems like paypal (great for online purchses), credit/debit cards (great for in person purchases and also online in some way), or cash. All three are inmediate and the cost is reasonable or even 0.

But.... LN is not ready YET. I think many of us overestimated its development status when -almost half a year ago- thought it be the final push into mainstream readiness for Bitcoin. At the same time, maybe also underestimated the rate of new users/investors that were to come in the following months.

I won't blame the multiple attacks Bitcoin has and keeps receiving because that was something more than expected. Bitcoin has to be resilient to those attacks, to the FUD, to the growth... We can't expect attackers wait till we are ready to fight nor users/adopters to just hold on... not if there are alternative choices that could be taken.

I have always said that whilst LN is the only SCALABLE solution it will also need a *minimal* increase in blocksize of the underlaying blockchain more sooner than later.

IF we can agree with that (maybe some people don't agree, it seems) AND unless LN is already around the corner (which it seems it is not).... why not do that small blocksize increase now as a temporary fix for the current network congestion (a fact... whatever the multiple causes including intentional spam) in the meantime?

No, the fees don't impact me that much.... at least not directly since I am mostly a hodler. But I have run out of arguments to advise people why they should buy Bitcoin instead of some other altcoin UNLESS they plan to buy in big chunks (like at least one full BTC). I can't give anyone some small BTC gift and show them how great and easy it is to USE it. No, if I want someone to show the tech I need to resort to something like LTC or whatever shit so I can show them the process of having a wallet, transfering and controlling their own coins etc...

That's sad. Maybe that is how it need to be. And I can't complain about the gains I have been having even recently... we are doing great yeah... But... is this really sustainable in the long run?

I am worried it isn't.

That said, I will hodl! Because I have hope the current situation will get addressed before its too late.

Well said.

Neo_Coin

Activity: 1204
Merit: 293

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:25:17 AM

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:29:17 AM

The simple act of pinging one of these coins will give off a unique sound wave you can either tell by ear, or you can hold it up to the microphone of a cellphone and your free cellphone app will tell you if the resonance matches and if it's real or not.  A fake silver alloy will not pass.

Last time I saw you post that, I responded asking for a link to -- or at least the name of -- that app. Unless I missed it, you did not reply.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:30:35 AM

Well said.

That was the opposite of well said.  He didn't explain ANYTHING about how LN is going to solve any of the problems I listed in the quote below.  Bitcoin is a god damn cult of idiots, I swear.  Look at this sirazimuth's guy signature for fucks sake:

"Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be"

That looks like it was written by a 3 year old.  No reasoning, no nothing.  Just "buy my centralized pump and dump scheme because ...I dunno!"

LN is an unworkable train wreck without putting all channel closings in the same common permissioned queue (meaning completely centralized).  The fact these systems are built around a finite block size means humans can easily attack that bottleneck by flooding it with channel closings.  Since it can be flooded, you're required to buffer them and either discard low payers or put them at the back of the line just like regular bitcoin mempool.

From that point, you either have to design as a hub and spoke model just like what Mike Hearn claimed, where the Lightning node is a bitcoin bank and everyone who uses it is their peon slaves to extract usury upon, or every lightning node broadcasts a shared queue with each other.  But due to the fact that people can try to flood the queue as mentioned earlier, each lightning node will have their own criteria for what is or isn't spam that they will broadcast to other nodes (meaningly INSANELY PERMISSIONED, cartel coordinated, and usury based).  

If a Lightning node constantly broadcasts flood bullshit to everyone, they will likely be blacklisted by other Lightning nodes (lightning banks, whatever you want to call them), so the entire system is based around things like trusted and untrusted members, subjective anti-spam filters, etc.  In other words, for Lightning to work at all, it would probably be the most permissioned centralized piece of garbage ever to exist.  No real difference from having an account at Bank of America, and ironcially, the govt will likely legislate who is and isn't allowed to run these Lightning nodes, meaning Bank of America or Goldman Sachs will run them.

At least this is my understanding of the problems one has to overcome to create such system.  The fact bitcoin is not decentralized and it's impossible to create a decentralized digital currency in the first place, also means anyone claiming Lightning is going to be "decentralized" is a complete idiot when it's built on top of bitcoin.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:36:52 AM

The simple act of pinging one of these coins will give off a unique sound wave you can either tell by ear, or you can hold it up to the microphone of a cellphone and your free cellphone app will tell you if the resonance matches and if it's real or not.  A fake silver alloy will not pass.

Last time I saw you post that, I responded asking for a link to -- or at least the name of -- that app. Unless I missed it, you did not reply.

There's not just one, there's tons of them.  This is not science rocket people, it's just measuring a sound wave.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.brolinembedded.bulliontestfree&hl=en

http://www.cointrustapp.com/en/index.php

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.erming.coinping

Bullion Test App review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowEAvJ8QlU
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:38:09 AM

That was the opposite of well said.  He didn't explain ANYTHING about how LN is going to solve any of the problems I listed in the quote below.  Bitcoin is a god damn cult of idiots, I swear.  Look at this sirazimuth's guy signature for fucks sake:

That looks like it was written by a 3 year old.  No reasoning, no nothing.  Just "buy my centralized pump and dump scheme because ...I dunno!"

Explain how I can securely send gold or silver across the world for payment without any friction/transaction fee or middleman to have to trust, or GTFOOH you idiot.
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:39:55 AM

Roach, talk to my hand.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:41:13 AM

I think many of us overestimated its development status when -almost half a year ago- thought it be the final push into mainstream readiness for Bitcoin.

We tried to tell you... and were soundly excoriated for it.

At the same time, maybe also underestimated the rate of new users/investors that were to come in the following months.

We tried to...
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:42:32 AM

I think many of us overestimated its development status when -almost half a year ago- thought it be the final push into mainstream readiness for Bitcoin.

We tried to tell you... and were soundly excoriated for it.

At the same time, maybe also underestimated the rate of new users/investors that were to come in the following months.

We tried to...

But neither BCash or other alt coins are a solution to that, nor ever will be.

We tried to tell you...
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:43:52 AM

I don't own a cellphone.

As if we needed any more proof that Roach is the man we need for the 20th century.

Isn't it clear that R0ach's main goal is to disappear off the grid when all hell breaks loose? That is just not possible with a cell phone. After all, I find it really strange that all I need to do is have a conversation in the same room as my Iphone and all of a sudden, the google adds match what I was discussing. Apple denies this, but it seems to have happened to me way too often to be a coincidence. Plus, it is quite possible to track you, even if you have the location service shut off. All you need to do is make the mistake of actually using the thing, and they can triangulate your position.

no its real, part of the huge AI marketing programs that can gather data from all manner of third party options

it knows you better than you know yourself

Soon there will be 4k video cams everywhere.
You wont be able to stay anon except you move into the jungle.

Whats up will all the posts here. Huh

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26348-nowhere-to-hide-the-danger-of-satellite-spies/

Increasingly, private operators are using observation satellites and drones to obtain high-resolution images and sell them to anyone who is interested.

oct 2014 , imagine what they can do now

They did that already in 2000 (3 letter agencies).
I dont think it is cost efficient enough to follow everyone on earth with satellites.

It's fucking expensive... you need to be a top target or a huge matter of national security... like for example r0ach... Run R0ach! Run!
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:45:06 AM

Oh well I guess he's like just part of the furniture around here.

I'd feel more well disposed towards him if I could use him as an armchair. Probably smells though.

Forniphile?
Neo_Coin

Activity: 1204
Merit: 293

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:45:35 AM

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:46:48 AM

Explain how I can securely send gold or silver across the world for payment without any friction/transaction fee or middleman, or GTFOOH you idiot.

I can explain that easily.  Have you ever noticed that systems like Steam the game platform don't let you resell games you buy?  Probably because it would turn it's customers into competitors.  Why?  Because their model is based around the scam of pretending intellectual property has scarcity when it doesn't.  When you remove the artificial scarcity, their business collapses.  

What the fuck is bitcoin?  Absolutely nothing but the same artificial scarcity scam.  You're buying into a con and pretending artificial scarcity has value just like on Steam (unless your goal was to donate money to the game developer instead of participate in functional economics).  The lesson from Steam is that wealth does not exist in the digital world.  Everything digital is inherently valueless because it doesn't have scarcity.  No, artificial scarcity is not scarcity, it's a con job.

The answer is, you cannot send "money" digitally because money and wealth does not exist digitally.  The only thing you can send digitally are...IOUs....or valueless 0's and 1's, pick one.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:47:58 AM

Well said.

obviously the point of that signature went right over your little deluded brain. not even worth explaining.
oh yeah... most 3 year olds know how to write stuff like that, no problem at all!
carry on with your nut job ramblings.
they are amusing....
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:50:42 AM

You know, the above LN discussion is why pretty much why every time a bankster coin like XRP pass BCH in marketcap, BCH will be pumped to heck to surpass it.  Because that bankster coin also offer unlimited tx capacity with even lower fee, and guess what, it even ironically resembles how LN might look like in operation, if LN ever becomes operational.  If some layer 2 LN coin can be worth more than BCH, then guess what the base layer coin would be worth?

If some easy and cheap L2 can be implemented without serious trust/security tradeoffs, then we would already have Gold Standard 2.0 empowered by internet and bitcoin price would be on its way out of Milky Way galaxy.  
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:53:03 AM

Explain how I can securely send gold or silver across the world for payment without any friction/transaction fee or middleman to have to trust, or GTFOOH you idiot.

I can explain that easily.  Have you ever noticed that systems like Steam the game platform don't let you resell games you buy?  Probably because it would turn it's customers into competitors.  Why?  Because their model is based around the scam of pretending intellectual property has scarcity when it doesn't.  When you remove the artificial scarcity, their business collapses.  

What the fuck is bitcoin?  Absolutely nothing but the same artificial scarcity scam.  You're buying into a con and pretending artificial scarcity has value just like on Steam (unless your goal was to donate money to the game developer instead of participate in functional economics).  The lesson from Steam is that wealth does not exist in the digital world.  Everything digital is inherently valueless because it doesn't have scarcity.

The answer is, you cannot send "money" digitally because money and wealth does not exist digitally.  The only thing you can send digitally are...IOUs.

Lol. Not only did you NOT answer my question, you redirected it toward complete garbage. Classic straw man fallacy response.

r0ach, you need to go back to Troll school. They don't even teach this stupid tactic anymore because people see right through it.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:58:11 AM

Uh oh. Return the lambo.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:58:21 AM

Explain how I can securely send gold or silver across the world for payment without any friction/transaction fee or middleman, or GTFOOH you idiot.

What the fuck is bitcoin?  Absolutely nothing but the same artificial scarcity scam.  You're buying into a con and pretending artificial scarcity has value just like on Steam (unless your goal was to donate money to the game developer instead of participate in functional economics).  The lesson from Steam is that wealth does not exist in the digital world.  Everything digital is inherently valueless because it doesn't have scarcity.

The answer is, you cannot send "money" digitally because money and wealth does not exist digitally.  The only thing you can send digitally are...IOUs.

Lol. Not only did you NOT answer my question, you redirected it toward complete garbage. Classic straw man fallacy response.

You need to go back to Troll school. They don't even teach this stupid tactic anymore because people see right through it.

No, I answered it perfectly fine. You were the one with the strawman by asking a question that's impossible to do.  You can't send "money" or "wealth" over the internet because everything digital is either valueless due to no scarcity, or just an artificial scarcity con job.  The only thing you can send over the internet are IOUs or valueless 1's and 0's.  You're playing stupid and pretending 1's and 0's are possible to have intrinsic value.  The only way you can attain value is by exchanging it for a real world good.  Since you can't send that real world good over the internet, all you were sending is the equivalent of an IOU.  Any monetary instrument that is not a physical commodity is an IOU.
Pages: « 1 ... 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 18824 18825 18826 18827 18828 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 [18839] 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 18875 18876 18877 18878 18879 18880 18881 18882 18883 18884 18885 18886 18887 18888 18889 ... 33277 »
  Print  

Jump to: