March 29, 2024, 02:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 [19288] 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 19298 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 19322 19323 19324 19325 19326 19327 19328 19329 19330 19331 19332 19333 19334 19335 19336 19337 19338 ... 33205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336794 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:13:03 AM

Pop quiz: Convince an average low/middle class fiat-loving law-abiding person who doesnt believe in a failing or fraudlent banking system that they should use bitcoin, without talking about its price or making profit by trading it. Present what benefits they will reap by using bitcoin as opposed to banks, VISA, google pay, venmo, etc. Anything besides capital gain?

You are presenting false parameters in your shilling argument, tera beara... bitcoin is not merely meant to serve as a payment system, even though it may well accomplish such common use in that direction in the future, perhaps, but not necessarily in order to still have value and utility.

Yeah, if you create your own strawman, then you can more easily make some dumb -ass pie in the sky argument, that is not connected with reality.
If you are saying there are false parameters, you must be admitting bitcoin is only for overthrowing the fed, committing crimes, and/or making a profit... (or overthrowing the fed so you dont have to taxes on the profits)
Which are noble goals. Where is your objection?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thisisntbic

Activity: 61
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:13:52 AM

Pop quiz: Convince an average low/middle class fiat-loving law-abiding person who doesnt believe in a failing or fraudlent banking system that they should use bitcoin, without talking about its price or making profit by trading it. Present what benefits they will reap by using bitcoin as opposed to banks, VISA, google pay, venmo, etc. Anything besides capital gain?

You are presenting false parameters in your shilling argument, tera beara... bitcoin is not merely meant to serve as a payment system, even though it may well accomplish such common use in that direction in the future, perhaps, but not necessarily in order to still have value and utility.

Yeah, if you create your own strawman, then you can more easily make some dumb -ass pie in the sky argument, that is not connected with reality.
If you are saying there are false parameters, you must be admitting bitcoin is only for overthrowing the fed, committing crimes, and/or making a profit... (or overthrowing the fed so you dont have to taxes on the profits)

Which of those payment methods are you in control of all your own money?
Gpay, VISA, Venmo: all built on top of the banking infrastructure, who hold your money and issue you IOUs. Replace banks with bitcoin, which is in your control.
Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:16:01 AM

Pop quiz: Convince an average low/middle class fiat-loving law-abiding person that they should use bitcoin without talking about its price or making profit by trading it.

The people you've described tend to be very very stupid, or at least simple-minded. Sheep in general. They believe that government and establishment will help them out, if they only vote for the right politicians.

They think that the best way to make money is to put it in a bank and lose 3% purchasing power each year, despite interest, or to invest in some conservative mutual funds which won't make them any real profit until they die - at least they can pass it to their children... after a hefty tax.

Or maybe they just love being slaves.

EDIT with regards to your quote - if these people are fiat-loving, then you'd have to change that first. For them, Bitcoin offers no benefits because they love the government and idolize the leaders of their political philosophy in government.
Of course, these same leaders will dump them in an economic crash and tax them into oblivion.
I think the proper technical term is agreeable. It's not something you choose. Just like we didn't choose to be disagreeable.
In my experience, most of these "agreeable" people become very aggressive, and call Bitcoin a "scam" etc.

The most common concern I hear is that "Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone, therefore it's too risky". I'm not kidding.
CinemaAI

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:17:56 AM

Pop quiz: Convince an average low/middle class fiat-loving law-abiding person that they should use bitcoin without talking about its price or making profit by trading it.

The people you've described tend to be very very stupid, or at least simple-minded. Sheep in general. They believe that government and establishment will help them out, if they only vote for the right politicians.

They think that the best way to make money is to put it in a bank and lose 3% purchasing power each year, despite interest, or to invest in some conservative mutual funds which won't make them any real profit until they die - at least they can pass it to their children... after a hefty tax.

EDIT with regards to your quote - if these people are fiat-loving, then you'd have to change that first. For them, Bitcoin offers no benefits because they love the government and idolize the leaders of their political philosophy in government.
Of course, these same leaders will dump them in an economic crash and tax them into oblivion.
I think the proper technical term is agreeable. It's not something you choose. Just like we didn't choose to be disagreeable.
In my experience, most of these "agreeable" people become very aggressive, and call Bitcoin a "scam" etc.

The most common concern I hear is that "Bitcoin is not controlled by anyone, therefore it's too risky". I'm not kidding.

Um, how about a little more discussion about price movement??
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:19:25 AM

Agreeable people don't tend to think critically. They are feelers, not logicians.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:07 AM
Merited by somac. (1)

Only down $10k. Just a flesh wound. $50k right around the corner...
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:45:32 AM
Merited by explorer (1)

Only down $10k. Just a flesh wound. $50k right around the corner...
Yeah we are bored. Years of the same shit over and over, nothing to talk about.

At least so far as price. What would be a useful discussion is how to live when you can choose instead of have it dictated for you. I can't be the only one having an interesting time transitioning.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:46:48 AM

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:53:24 AM

Cool

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

Cool
gembitz is posting again - does that mean we are about to back in a bull period?
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:48:07 AM

Gpay, VISA, Venmo: all built on top of the banking infrastructure, who hold your money and issue you IOUs. Replace banks with bitcoin, which is in your control.
What percentage of people ever have issues with control of their bank account? (mostly criminals)
What percentage of bitcoiners get their wallets hacked or coins lost?
What percentage of bitcoiners will get their wallets hacked or coins lost when they are average people?
Does the average person even have anything to lose? It's mostly just in and out paycheck to paycheck
Enjel

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:04:51 AM
Merited by explorer (1)

What percentage of people ever have issues with control of their bank account? (mostly criminals)
What percentage of bitcoiners will get their wallets hacked or coins lost when they are average people?
Does the average person even have anything to lose? It's mostly just in and out paycheck to paycheck

(1) Your bank is fractionally reserved, and they make a killing by lending off your money while giving you negative return (due to inflation, another big problem with fiat and the Fed). Do you think that a central authority printing whatever they want to is a good thing? In 30 years, a millionaire salary will be the poverty wage as a result of this.

(2) Probably very few who are careful... funny how this credit company was hacked, and hundreds of millions of people had their info stolen by middle-east hackers recently. The executives sold all their shares a month in advance of course.

(3) Better be careful then.

(4) Do any of us have anything to lose? But I agree - they should take action if they are not satisfied financially.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:12:32 AM

The 1 day chart develops a nice hammer at the bottom. Is this all that the sellers got?
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:24:25 AM

VISA has been hacked more times than i can count.
just google "VISA cards hacked"

Bitcoin is good for averting corruption in countries like mine

When i own have a very big company with a well secured bitcoin wallet, it is only with a block explorer and/or a public key that i will notice money creeping out of company wallet. Then i will subsequently ask the right office to explain that withdrawal.

Same for universities taking tuition fees from students and much more.

The most fascinating part is how i am able to buy mobile credits for my sister all the way in Canada using bitcoin from Ghana.
Same currency everywhere.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 11778

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:25:48 AM

Mmmm next price poll after 16feb...?? But between ...?? These days iT can be everything , Just Hoping everybody keeps on hodling down here So we can all MOON together

Tuff times these days but buissnes like allways
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:29:35 AM

The 1 day chart develops a nice hammer at the bottom. Is this all that the sellers got?

they are close man, depends on which data set you use, everything still looks ok on stamp, GDAX not so much

A couple little wicks under the July 15 log line and the 150DMA I don't mind, they put some real meat down there and we are in for trouble.

Of course the flip side of danger is opportunity, I really think if the bears fail here they are done.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1168

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:07:39 AM

In case somebody isn't aware masterluc posted earlier today his bitcointalk account was hijacked.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:30:00 AM

Here's a ray of light. It is currently more expensive to go down 1500 dollars than it is to go to 25k,

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:40:43 AM

in other news

4chan tracked down Trevon James. He's in a hotel in Myrtle Beach South Carolina (likely where he lives) and he drives a BMW X6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkqSu4Gi3g

We currently have Nazi scientists studying Trevon James to determine if he's the missing link or not.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:41:24 AM

....everything still looks ok on stamp, GDAX not so much...

I am indeed looking at Bitstamp.
Pages: « 1 ... 19238 19239 19240 19241 19242 19243 19244 19245 19246 19247 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 [19288] 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 19298 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 19322 19323 19324 19325 19326 19327 19328 19329 19330 19331 19332 19333 19334 19335 19336 19337 19338 ... 33205 »
  Print  

Jump to: