April 16, 2024, 08:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (71.2%)
<$60,000 - 17 (28.8%)
Total Voters: 59

Pages: « 1 ... 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 19288 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 [19298] 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 19322 19323 19324 19325 19326 19327 19328 19329 19330 19331 19332 19333 19334 19335 19336 19337 19338 19339 19340 19341 19342 19343 19344 19345 19346 19347 19348 ... 33266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355623 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:05:28 AM

Fair enough, though I do hold the probability for there to be shenanigans in, pretty much any, custodial precious metals arrangement to be very near metaphysical certitude.

Well, I don't disagree with you on that. But you never know for sure, and hope springs eternal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 4282

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:06:45 AM

Would be nice, wouldn't it?
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:08:04 AM

I had hope once..
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:08:48 AM

look what the cat dragged in
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:09:37 AM

Would be nice, wouldn't it?

It sure would.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:11:45 AM

Fair enough, though I do hold the probability for there to be shenanigans in, pretty much any, custodial precious metals arrangement to be very near metaphysical certitude.

Well, I don't disagree with you on that. But you never know for sure, and hope springs eternal.

As does human nature, ensuring that it always ends the same.  Whoever is in charge of the money will eventually steal it.  Opinion, based on history.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:12:23 AM

It's been a hard slog this. I'm trying to be cool. But holy moly. :'
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:21:59 AM

As does human nature, ensuring that it always ends the same.  Whoever is in charge of the money will eventually steal it.  Opinion, based on history.

Nah, not always, but way too often.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:24:09 AM

We are ten times up since this time last year, look at the bright side.
Personally, this is exactly where i thought we would be at the end of 2017. so I'm still happy.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:29:30 AM

Personally, this is exactly where i thought we would be at the end of 2017. so I'm still happy.

I guess I hope I haven't let a monumental, total one-off chance at financial independence slip through my fingers. That isn't to say I have a lot to complain about.

But dammit Bitcoin. You go up now!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10127

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:32:22 AM

A more humble person would have presented that as an opinion, not a fact.

Writing for example, "in my opinion they will be unbacked goldtethers...just like the current paper gold market...no thanks"

Or "I believe that in reality they will be unbacked goldtethers...just like the current paper gold market...no thanks"

That's bullshit.

jojo gave you a good enough and logical answer that is pretty much a well known fact that includes that there is a lot of gold that is maniplated and difficult to get possession of millions of dollars of it, take the government of germany for example trying to get possession of gold held in the usa. 

You, Arriemoller, are engaged in trivial bullshit and distracting talk and attempting to give assignments to get caught in the weeds with bullshit about a supposed better status(that you assume) if an asset is backed rather than not backed. 

There is no fucking decent backing of any asset that is not manipulated, including gold.  Bitcoin happens to be a paradigm changing phenomenon because it is the first ever asset class that is backed by decentralized and trustless proof of work.  Sure, in the end, the bitcoin project might fail, but currently we have an asset that looks like it has real decent promise, and if any of the less than 1% of the world who currently HODL some bitcoin recognize the paradigm shifting contribution of bitcoin, they are likely to profit from such recognition by HODLing.  Sure there are going to be other folks who profit from HODLing bitcoin as well, even if they do not recognize the enormity of its paradigm shifting contribution as a new asset class.

So good luck with your attempt to find some asset class that is backed by something (such as gold) and is not manipulated to shit in a much more centralized way than bitcoin, which is currently king of decentralized proof of work backing value in practice.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:51:54 AM

Writing for example, "in my opinion they will be unbacked goldtethers...just like the current paper gold market...no thanks"

Or "I believe that in reality they will be unbacked goldtethers...just like the current paper gold market...no thanks"

That's bullshit.

jojo gave you a good enough and logical answer that is pretty much a well known fact that includes that there is a lot of gold that is maniplated and difficult to get possession of millions of dollars of it, take the government of germany for example trying to get possession of gold held in the usa. 

You, Arriemoller, are engaged in trivial bullshit and distracting talk and attempting to give assignments to get caught in the weeds with bullshit about a supposed better status(that you assume) if an asset is backed rather than not backed. 

There is no fucking decent backing of any asset that is not manipulated, including gold.  Bitcoin happens to be a paradigm changing phenomenon because it is the first ever asset class that is backed by decentralized and trustless proof of work.  Sure, in the end, the bitcoin project might fail, but currently we have an asset that looks like it has real decent promise, and if any of the less than 1% of the world who currently HODL some bitcoin recognize the paradigm shifting contribution of bitcoin, they are likely to profit from such recognition by HODLing.  Sure there are going to be other folks who profit from HODLing bitcoin as well, even if they do not recognize the enormity of its paradigm shifting contribution as a new asset class.

So good luck with your attempt to find some asset class that is backed by something (such as gold) and is not manipulated to shit in a much more centralized way than bitcoin, which is currently king of decentralized proof of work backing value in practice.

Don't you mean "I, JJG, are engaged in trivial bullshit and distracting talk"?
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:54:06 AM

I guess I hope I haven't let a monumental, total one-off chance at financial independence slip through my fingers. That isn't to say I have a lot to complain about.

But dammit Bitcoin. You go up now!

I get that feeling too sometimes, but as long as it stays the course I plotted in my mind I'm usually calm.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:01:46 AM

I have a mind plot of 80000 at the end of this year, I'm still bullish.
The only thing that concerns me is the plethora of clonecoins that have plopt up lately, they might suck up some of the fiat that might otherwise haver gone to bitcoin. If so we might get a lower  price, but still much higher than the latest ATH in my opinion.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:06:33 AM

That's bullshit.

uhhh...thanks JJG...uh...you can put your shirt back on man
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:09:57 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 05:20:00 AM by JayJuanGee

That's bullshit.

There is no fucking decent backing of any asset that is not manipulated, including gold.  Bitcoin happens to be a paradigm changing phenomenon because it is the first ever asset class that is backed by decentralized and trustless proof of work.  Sure, in the end, the bitcoin project might fail, but currently we have an asset that looks like it has real decent promise, and if any of the less than 1% of the world who currently HODL some bitcoin recognize the paradigm shifting contribution of bitcoin, they are likely to profit from such recognition by HODLing.  Sure there are going to be other folks who profit from HODLing bitcoin as well, even if they do not recognize the enormity of its paradigm shifting contribution as a new asset class.

Nope.  Did not mean that, and you know, better....  Roll Eyes   You really want to talk about some kind of backing of an asset (bitcoin or otherwise) or merely get caught up with irrelevant nonsensicals?  hahahhaha

uhhh...thanks JJG...uh...you can put your shirt back on man

O..k..   sorry for getting all butt-naked there.   Cry

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:18:36 AM

He won't admit it, never has, but yes.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:19:58 AM

That's bullshit.

There is no fucking decent backing of any asset that is not manipulated, including gold.  Bitcoin happens to be a paradigm changing phenomenon because it is the first ever asset class that is backed by decentralized and trustless proof of work.  Sure, in the end, the bitcoin project might fail, but currently we have an asset that looks like it has real decent promise, and if any of the less than 1% of the world who currently HODL some bitcoin recognize the paradigm shifting contribution of bitcoin, they are likely to profit from such recognition by HODLing.  Sure there are going to be other folks who profit from HODLing bitcoin as well, even if they do not recognize the enormity of its paradigm shifting contribution as a new asset class.

Nope.  Did not mean that, and you know, better....  Roll Eyes   You really want to talk about some kind of backing of an asset (bitcoin or otherwise) or merely get caught up with irrelevant nonsensicals?  hahahhaha

Neither, just would like people that I normally consider intelligent and sharp to differentiate between opinions and facts, we are not teenagers on facebook, (well, I'm not entirely sure about you).

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:24:01 AM

That's bullshit.

Neither, just would like people that I normally consider intelligent and sharp to differentiate between opinions and facts, we are not teenagers om facebook, (well, I'm not entirely sure about you).

What the fuck you talking about?  I thought that you wanted to get into some kind of battle about the supposed superiority of some asset backed phenomenon (such as something like a crypto being backed by gold).  Then you seem to have little to no ability to stay focused?  Grow the fuck up, Arriemoller, instead of attempting to assume whether some one is a teenager or not, or if you have some kind of "we" rock in your pocket. Try to stay on some kind of topic that is meaningful to this thread, if you are able to.  Por favor.
Lopumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:28:07 AM

The New York Times: Worries Grow That the Price of Bitcoin Is Being Propped Up
Pages: « 1 ... 19248 19249 19250 19251 19252 19253 19254 19255 19256 19257 19258 19259 19260 19261 19262 19263 19264 19265 19266 19267 19268 19269 19270 19271 19272 19273 19274 19275 19276 19277 19278 19279 19280 19281 19282 19283 19284 19285 19286 19287 19288 19289 19290 19291 19292 19293 19294 19295 19296 19297 [19298] 19299 19300 19301 19302 19303 19304 19305 19306 19307 19308 19309 19310 19311 19312 19313 19314 19315 19316 19317 19318 19319 19320 19321 19322 19323 19324 19325 19326 19327 19328 19329 19330 19331 19332 19333 19334 19335 19336 19337 19338 19339 19340 19341 19342 19343 19344 19345 19346 19347 19348 ... 33266 »
  Print  

Jump to: