April 20, 2024, 04:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 [19458] 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 ... 33285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364880 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:24:08 PM

Roger pumping his shitcoin again? yuck

The timing is no surprise

Yep the BCH/BTC peg dropped a bit, so the pumpers have to pump to reassure their peeps that everything gonna be ok.

Lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:32:34 PM

Hardly relevant to BTC, but an interesting topic IMO.

(snip)
How hard were they trying though? I recall reading a paper from one of the Ivy League universities that concluded that perfect pitch could not be learned in adulthood. And the argumentation, as well as the experiment itself, was lackluster to say the least.
Really hard. As in everything that can possibly be done within legal and ethical means. This is study time on google if that's not enough.
Perfect pitch appears to be dependent on both a genetic trait and a development window. Nature and nurture. The genetic trait is probably present in something like 20% of the population. The window of opportunity for actually having perfect pitch during adulthood roughly coincides with the window for native language learning.

Native speakers of tone languages (Chinese language/dialects, Thai etc) have a higher than average percentage of adults with perfect pitch. This is probably due to children being exposed to more-or-less fixed pitch sillables while that part of the brain is developing.

There are several studies that come to similar conclusions. I've read a few (say, at least a couple). I can't be bothered to look them up, but big G can help.
Yeah, early development is important for all sorts of things. Thing is, we lived in tribes for millions of years and that's the environment we are evolved for. Modern life is completely different, which makes it likely that we are doing things to our kids that are harmful to them. That's why it's so important to study these things. And not just for kids, but for all of us.
I've actually been thinking on and off about what I could do if I ever had kids during their infant periods. I don't buy that there's no development taking place just because they can't recall any memories. They don't know language, so at the very least there's a viable chance that infant memories get triggered by nonverbal cues that become irrelevant as one grows older. I'm quite curious as to whether or not one could instill synesthesia in a child by playing a pitch and associating it with a colour in some way.

I'm also not convinced that languages can only be picked up in childhood at a native level, at least not unequivocally.
I have a heavy accent whenever I don't speak English for a while, but given enough time I manage to fool natives. And I've also managed to memorize a single pitch that I can recall at will without reference, which is an experiment that I'd like to return to some day to see if I can get that up to a level where I could write down music as I hear it. It's time consuming and tedious as hell, but it seems possible to me.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:39:43 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

(snip)
How hard were they trying though? I recall reading a paper from one of the Ivy League universities that concluded that perfect pitch could not be learned in adulthood. And the argumentation, as well as the experiment itself, was lackluster to say the least.
Really hard. As in everything that can possibly be done within legal and ethical means. This is study time on google if that's not enough.
Perfect pitch appears to be dependent on both a genetic trait and a development window. Nature and nurture. The genetic trait is probably present in something like 20% of the population. The window of opportunity for actually having perfect pitch during adulthood roughly coincides with the window for native language learning.

Native speakers of tone languages (Chinese language/dialects, Thai etc) have a higher than average percentage of adults with perfect pitch. This is probably due to children being exposed to more-or-less fixed pitch sillables while that part of the brain is developing.

There are several studies that come to similar conclusions. I've read a few (say, at least a couple). I can't be bothered to look them up, but big G can help.
Yeah, early development is important for all sorts of things. Thing is, we lived in tribes for millions of years and that's the environment we are evolved for. Modern life is completely different, which makes it likely that we are doing things to our kids that are harmful to them. That's why it's so important to study these things. And not just for kids, but for all of us.
I've actually been thinking on and off about what I could do if I ever had kids during their infant periods. I don't buy that there's no development taking place just because they can't recall any memories. They don't know language, so at the very least there's a viable chance that infant memories get triggered by nonverbal cues that become irrelevant as one grows older. I'm quite curious as to whether or not one could instill synesthesia in a child by playing a pitch and associating it with a colour in some way.

I'm also not convinced that languages can only be picked up in childhood at a native level, at least not unequivocally.
I have a heavy accent whenever I don't speak English for a while, but given enough time I manage to fool natives. And I've also managed to memorize a single pitch that I can recall at will without reference, which is an experiment that I'd like to return to some day to see if I can get that up to a level where I could write down music as I hear it. It's time consuming and tedious as hell, but it seems possible to me.
Simply being there is the biggest thing you can do at that stage. Fathers emit pheromones that likely has a positive influence on their development. That and make sure the mother is as relaxed and happy as reasonably possible.

A tribe is essentially one big family. It is a place of safety and protection from the outside world. Emulating that in the form of a traditional family seems like a good move.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:40:27 PM

Huh

I do indeed work in standards as my day gig. However, ones of a very different nature. Without the standards I work on, none of this shit would even start working.

I thought you were too crypto rich to have a day job.

The picnic bear works because he "like it..".

hahahahahhaha

Roll Eyes

He works for the enemy, the USG.

In his spare time he volunteers for their asset, Ver, and the corresponding chicom asset, Wu.

Your assertion that I work for USG is simultaneously laughable on its face, and truly deserving of ridicule. It is quite apparent you are speaking of things of which you have zero knowledge, despite the fact that the open record in this very venue provides all required to see how truly laughable the assertion be.

What asset is the USG's? You mean the Federal Reserve Note? No. No volunteering on its behalf.

Oh you mean Ver is the USG's asset? First, I find the assertion that Ver be a USG asset ludicrous. You do realize he has at times been denied entry visa, right? Do you assert that as part of his 'plausible cover backstory'? Second, while our visions of the best means to free humanity from fiat slavery seem largely aligned, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Ver'.

And I suppose you mean that Wu is a chicom asset? I really have little direct evidence to say yea or nay here. Never met the man. Nonetheless, I might point out that Bitcoin Segwit is dominated by Wu in any sense that Bitcoin Cash is dominated by Wu. Further, I certainly do not 'volunteer for Wu'.

You should probably keep your vomitous crapulation to yourself. You are only serving to make yourself appear stupid.

Actually, Jbreher.  I had thought that Last of the V8 had no fucking basis at all for his shot in the dark last grasp at a USG govt assertion, so I totally shrugged off his claim.

However, now that you so vehemently defended various angles for why you are in "no way" affiliated with USG in any kind of way whatsoever, I am becoming more convinced that there has to be some kind of a USG connection there, somehow... someway.  New tentative theory has gotta be that picnic food eating bear is not really in the food stealing business, but instead part of dee gubmint.   Shocked  and we better alert Torque to this new tentative theory, because surely he would be skillful at getting at the bottom of it...  A problem with Torque, though, is that he prefers to come up with his own theories  Cheesy Cheesy..

as a history student I once did research/paper on the early history of institutionalized secret police in 19th century europe. parts of europe were fractioned in many small kingdoms, principalities and they all had developed secret police institutions. they sent out their agents to hunt the people who wanted democracy. to spy on them, to sniff on them, to create files about innocent folks. some/many of the agents became even agent provocateurs trying to infiltrate the networks of the democratic activists. there were so many of those agents that they sometimes outnumbered the real people at certain events. and that was just the start. those institutions have evolved since then. they had a chance to advance their infiltrating techniques and strategies.

I guess there are almost as many secret police institutions in the world as we have countries. big countries have several agencies anyway. add to that the incredible number of OTHER government agencies that want to know stuff...  worldwide...
and how many important bitcoin forums are existing? a handful? some agencies monitor, some stir up, some collect, but get used to the fact that this forum is full of them.

Even if we create a list of the government agents, we won't be able to determine if we got it right or if the list makers ended up being the govt agents making shit up. 

TLDR:  We are all fucked!
lol the benefits of ignoring - first time i saw all this
Good points 600watt and JJG. possibly even breher

Please let's be clear that assets of a govt. are not the same as agents. Often an asset will not know they are an asset. They believe in a movement and their handlers encourage them without their knowing the real reasons why.

As to the particular case, I searched through jbreher's posts to find where he told us of his employment, but gave up because the deceitfulness was all too depressing.
Perhaps he'd honour us with the relevant quote alluded to in the part I underlined, and we can take it from there.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

European Banks Could Soon Hold Bitcoin, Admits ECB President

https://www.ccn.com/european-banks-soon-hold-bitcoin-admits-ecb-president/

If you can't stop it, HODL it!  Grin Grin Grin

Shocked Shocked Shocked

with ECB start holding bitcoin,  i wonder at what price bitcoin will settle then  Huh   McAffee's bet seem achievable  afterall  Cheesy
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:45:54 PM
Merited by Torque (1), d_eddie (1)

I found a working tutorial for lightning nodes. I was able to build lightningd from scratch, no docker images used. But it uses the C implementation of lightning: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning.git . is this trustworthy?

link to the tutorial: https://hackernoon.com/harnessing-lightning-for-instant-bitcoin-transacting-a-tutorial-3b9dcdc00552
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:48:53 PM
Merited by Torque (1), Ibian (1)

(snip)

Simply being there is the biggest thing you can do at that stage. Fathers emit pheromones that likely has a positive influence on their development. That and make sure the mother is as relaxed and happy as reasonably possible.

A tribe is essentially one big family. It is a place of safety and protection from the outside world. Emulating that in the form of  traditional family seems like a good move.
That's the plan for me anyways. I don't intend on having children unless I know for sure that I'll have all the time in the world to be around those little fucks. I think if people were financially more stable and emotionally and intellectually mature before having children we wouldn't be observing this social justice shitshow right now, and there certainly wouldn't be a 99% class bitching about a 1% class either.
That aside, I do believe that exposing kids to as much information as possible while encouraging them to challenge themselves to go down one or two paths in more depth would make them vastly more capable than they would be otherwise. Especially if you let them go more or less freely about it while guiding them towards challenges without giving the solutions away. I wouldn't send them to school either, since they'd be far more productive by tracing their own interests, which can always be conflated with reading, writing, languages, Mathematics and science in interesting and playful ways. That's one thing that I'm looking forward to the most, but I'm not sure if the conditions will ever be right for me (reasonable wife at a reasonable time).
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

From now on there are only resistances ahead. The first one starts about here. Personally I'm positive that the bottom is in.
If I'm right confidence should rise together with the price, and that may produce an upward avalanche.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:50:23 PM

https://www.ccn.com/european-banks-soon-hold-bitcoin-admits-ecb-president/

If you can't stop it, HODL it!  Grin Grin Grin

Shocked Shocked Shocked

with ECB start holding bitcoin,  i wonder at what price bitcoin will settle then  Huh   McAffee's bet seem achievable  afterall  Cheesy
The speakers on that ECB site only mentioned European banks, not the ECB itself. Not sure if they meant to include them or not. Doesn't the ECB more or less just print euros to loan out to banks?
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:54:09 PM

What a scam market.  The whole thing is just one single guy on Bitfinex known as "The Bitfinex spoofer" painting the tape.  He printed millions of tethers out of thin air to buy tons of coins at $9000, so now he's trying to paint the tape back to his buy-in price while also trying to trick people into make believing the long term trendline wasn't eradicated.  Imaginary and paper assets = garbage based on 70 layers of fraud.

Physical silver is coming.

All will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

Expect us.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:00:07 PM

And the final boss, will he let them do it?
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:05:11 PM

They are utterly brainwashed by jewish mind tricks and they pretend to be on an higher moral standing. That's why the west is doomed.

Just like every year for the last 2000 years, you either destroy the Jews or the Jews will destroy you.  They have to be routed out like the evil rats they are:

http://dailystormer.name/wapo-kikes-rage-that-trump-plan-would-delay-loss-of-white-majority-for-five-years/

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:07:15 PM

I found a working tutorial for lightning nodes. I was able to build lightningd from scratch, no docker images used. But it uses the C implementation of lightning: https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning.git . is this trustworthy?

link to the tutorial: https://hackernoon.com/harnessing-lightning-for-instant-bitcoin-transacting-a-tutorial-3b9dcdc00552
Useful info, vroom! There goes my last sMerit.

I do hand out merit fairly quickly when I have some, but I prefer giving them out to nonlegends when possible :-)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:12:59 PM

Since the dip we are currently climbing at approximately $750/day  Shocked

We will be seeing $10k before monday hopefully.
ATH might get passed before the end of the month.

We will get some testing of support but other than that we are going bullish again Smiley

Fingers crossed  Cool

Would be Nice maybe little fast but as they say anythings possible @BTC
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:18:52 PM

gosh that's a loaded question.
Is Blockstream's implementation of Lightning trustworthy?
Nosk

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:23:25 PM

From now on there are only resistances ahead. The first one starts about here. Personally I'm positive that the bottom is in.
If I'm right confidence should rise together with the price, and that may produce an upward avalanche.

For now the biggest resistance will be 7k € as, if you look à the chart  (cant link it I'm on my smartphone), it was the price just before the bullrun. I predict a few day of stagnation at this point and then extra bullishness if we go through it.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:24:52 PM

gosh that's a loaded question.
Is Blockstream's implementation of Lightning trustworthy?

Descartes says no.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:27:19 PM

@GammaticalError
50m50 minutes ago

No mention of $ETH, $XRP, $BCH, $IOTA, etc. Draghi is a #Bitcoin maximalist.

nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:36:27 PM

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but oscillating markets tend to favor a rebalancing strategy (bot or manual), for some reason rarely discussed in this thread (even if hinted at times).

In other words it doesn't really matter what happens to Bitcoin in the news, as long as the rate goes up or down, the only problem is when it goes sideways.

X years ago, I ran a balancing bot for Gox. It was a python script, that ran locally on my Linux box. You gave it a +/- percentage spread, and it would buy/sell, and re-figure the buy/sell orders constantly. I calculated my spread to be 2% above the exchange fees. It would try to maintain 50/50 $$$/btc. If it kept going in the same direction long enough you would eventually run out of $$$ or run out of btc.

I was never running any big money through it, but it was very reliable. My worst problems were rural/slow internet speeds, that would occasionally hiccup and be unable to keep up on a lot of rapid changes. It was a "try it, if it works, send me some btc".  It worked, I like it, I think I sent the author 2 btc. It was certainly worth it at the time, though the Gox implosion sort of ruined most of that.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

For now the biggest resistance will be 7k € as, if you look à the chart  (cant link it I'm on my smartphone), it was the price just before the bullrun. I predict a few day of stagnation at this point and then extra bullishness if we go through it.
We're oscillating right around 7k€ indeed. If it breaks upward, there might be a nice weekend pump like the ones we had when Carolina was singing.
Pages: « 1 ... 19408 19409 19410 19411 19412 19413 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 [19458] 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 ... 33285 »
  Print  

Jump to: