April 25, 2024, 07:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19562 19563 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 19574 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 [19612] 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 19639 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367578 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:38:42 PM

3. Another impending bullish development, like a sudden Bitcoin ETF announcement that comes out of nowhere. Though, expect massive FUD and volatility in the months leading up to such a surprise. The insiders will know about it 6-8 months in advance.

Will the buy of 344 million a signal?

https://www.infowars.com/bitcoin-surging-after-mystery-trader-buys-344-million-in-cryptocurrency/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:39:05 PM
Merited by BTCMILLIONAIRE (1)

I'd be quite happy with lower temperatures. Winter is more enjoyable with proper powder snow, and summer wouldn't make me stay inside 24/7 if it didn't cause me to sweat all fucking day.

On that note, I've read about an upcoming mini ice age a few times. Is there any recent update on that that confirms or rejects it?

Vast question.

- climate is whether over 30 years. So it's too soon to tell.
- There was a global warming during the last 100 years of about 0.1°C/10years
- No more warming since 1998, once you remove El Nino/LaNina effects (which cancel each other in time)
- Sun is probably having a period of low activity, that doesn't change much the energy it sends to us, but less activity (= less spots) means less magnetic field, means more cosmic rays reaching our atmosphere, meaning more seeded clouds, thus more albedo and then cold coming in... but this is still a theory
- look here for the latest temps : https://moyhu.blogspot.fr/p/latest-ice-and-temperature-data.html#NCAR
- best site ever for these questions : https://wattsupwiththat.com/

- last but not least : cold kills; warm weather makes our life easier.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4456

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:03:54 PM by JimboToronto

Good morning Bitcoinland.

I see we've had a dip/correction back to where we were the day before yesterday... currently $10463USD/$13250CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

It's certainly not a buyable dip in my estimation, but it does serve as a healthy  correction just when things were starting to heat up a little too fast.

We don't need bubbles. We need sustained growth.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:47:04 PM

Is anyone else just fucking DONE with wintry weather? Can't fucking wait till the sailing season starts.
I actually prefer winter over summer. At some point you just run out of layers of clothes to take off and at that point you're still getting fucked by the sun when going outside. I'm so glad humanity has nearly perfected staying home.

The good thing about hot weather is that it encourages ladies and/or gentlemen, depending on your persuasion, to wear less clothing.
I was on vacation in South Beach a few weeks ago...hot girls in thongs everywhere.  Kiss
Going to Brazil probably next winter. Spending the spring and summer sailing. NZ is on the list too somewhere.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

Dudes. DUDES. 'Hol up there. I promise you I'm HODLing for at least $12k...

Stop saying that!  Every time you say that it tanks! Wink
SAY IT MORE!
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:51:20 PM

I'd be quite happy with lower temperatures. Winter is more enjoyable with proper powder snow, and summer wouldn't make me stay inside 24/7 if it didn't cause me to sweat all fucking day.

On that note, I've read about an upcoming mini ice age a few times. Is there any recent update on that that confirms or rejects it?

Vast question.

- No more warming since 1998, once you remove El Nino/LaNina effects (which cancel each other in time)
- Sun is probably having a period of low activity, that doesn't change much the energy it sends to us, but less activity (= less spots) means less magnetic field, means more cosmic rays reaching our atmosphere, meaning more seeded clouds, thus more albedo and then cold coming in... but this is still a theory
- look here for the latest temps : https://moyhu.blogspot.fr/p/latest-ice-and-temperature-data.html#NCAR

Child support,climate change rabbit holes...meh...
The “teach the controversy “/Creationism/ID lunacy is far more fun imo.
Like shooting fish in a barrel....
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:54:09 PM

3. Another impending bullish development, like a sudden Bitcoin ETF announcement that comes out of nowhere. Though, expect massive FUD and volatility in the months leading up to such a surprise. The insiders will know about it 6-8 months in advance.

Will the buy of 344 million a signal?

https://www.infowars.com/bitcoin-surging-after-mystery-trader-buys-344-million-in-cryptocurrency/

No, it's not. A mega whale dumping/shorting into their own buy walls is not a bullish signal in and of itself. It only signifies a new bottom, that could just be interim. Only time will tell.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:59:50 PM

I see we've had a dip/correction back to where we were the day before yesterday... currently $19463USD/$13250CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

It's certainly not a buyable dip in my estimation, but it does serve as a healthy  correction just when things were starting to heat up a little too fast.

I like your optimism Jimbo.  Unfortunately the loonie has not appreciated that much against the greenback yet!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:59:59 PM
Merited by Torque (1)

Just so some of you newer guys understand, the deep pocket momentum traders that got in and out Nov '17 - Jan '18 are now gone.

Sure they still might have a long position, and may be incrementally buying, but in terms of mega volatility swing trading they won't be back with deep money until one or more of the following happens:

1. Most small investors and guppie traders lose interest from lack of price action/ boredom and move on

2. Technicals show a true long term bottoming out (a cup formation)

Keep in mind that in the interim, we could literally drift sideways for a year+.
Sorry Torgue...I disagree. I alluded to this awhile ago. You can feel the difference in market dynamics compared to pre-2017. Where as before we used to see huge volatility in the hourly charts now the price moves are very methodical. Cushioned is the word I think I used. The sure sign of deep pocket money accumulating on low volume imo.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:01:54 PM

Vast question.

Keeping in mind of course that things like math is still a theory. Hypothesis may be a better term.

Also also keeping in mind that it's the left that are going on about the weather.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:05:04 PM

Sorry Torgue...I disagree. I alluded to this awhile ago. You can feel the difference in market dynamics compared to pre-2017. Where as before we used to see huge volatility in the hourly charts now the price moves are very methodical. Cushioned is the word I think I used. The sure sign of deep pocket money accumulating on low volume imo.

Well I kinda implied that accumulation may be happening on the dl, but that doesn't mean that we're going to hit a new ATH in a month or two like people are expecting. They could accumulate like this for 6-8 months, hell even a year+. And we might see nothing but a sideways movement with a slight upward drift during that whole time.
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:14:17 PM

Keeping in mind of course that things like math is still a theory. Hypothesis may be a better term.

Blame my poor English skills

Also also keeping in mind that it's the left that are going on about the weather.

Yes, the matter is highly political. leftists and globalists uses this as FUD to promote their agenda.
What bugs me the most is that they falsify science to do that.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:15:43 PM

Vast question.

All of science and anything empirical is ultimately a hypothesis. No amount confirmations (that turns things into theories and laws in academia) can guarantee with certainty that we've figured something out, rather than just witnessing an infinitely unlikely event.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if industrialization had an impact on global weather patterns. In chaotic system even the tiniest perturbation can trigger massive macroscopical changes.

However, I'm not quite convinced yet about us having any significant impact either for two reasons. Namely, I haven't studied the papers so I can't possibly know if there are any systematic errors, and I see too much bullshit going on in the media to not be heavily sceptical. I do lean towards human emissions of CO2 causing changes in climate, mostly because I've worked with people who study precisely that, but even if that turned out true I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Capitalism will come to the rescue and figure out a way to keep us nice and cozy regardless of weather conditions. With nuclear fusion pretty much around the corner energy won't be a concern and with that sorted out the overall state of the planet should be irrelevant. Things might change drastically (e.g. underground, on- and/or underwater or shielded off cities with indoor farming), but I don't see humans disappearing unless we nuke ourselves to hell or get wiped out by some rogue asteroid.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4456

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:16:03 PM

I see we've had a dip/correction back to where we were the day before yesterday... currently $19463USD/$13250CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

I like your optimism Jimbo.  Unfortunately the loonie has not appreciated that much against the greenback yet!

Oops, typo. Fixed.

Just woke up. I should probably wait until my first coffee before posting.

$10463USD it is. Or was.

Greenbacks? I'm actually more concerned with loonies and pesos these days. There's little I use USD for.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:17:55 PM

Well I kinda implied that accumulation may be happening on the dl, but that doesn't mean that we're going to hit a new ATH in a month or two like people are expecting. They could accumulate like this for 6-8 months, hell even a year+. And we might see nothing but a sideways movement with a slight upward drift during that whole time.
I don't really expect any ATH until mid to late summer. Wouldn't really mind it much later either though. The longer BTC stays low the easier it is to collect more, and with prices heading into the 6 to 7 digits I'd prefer stocking up on more coins than having a larger fiat holding a lot earlier.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:22:01 PM
Merited by edgar (1)

Blame my poor English skills

Yes, the matter is highly political. leftists and globalists uses this as FUD to promote their agenda.
What bugs me the most is that they falsify science to do that.
Lefties are pathological liars. Expect it.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:24:58 PM

Vast question.

All of science and anything empirical is ultimately a hypothesis. No amount confirmations (that turns things into theories and laws in academia) can guarantee with certainty that we've figured something out, rather than just witnessing an infinitely unlikely event.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if industrialization had an impact on global weather patterns. In chaotic system even the tiniest perturbation can trigger massive macroscopical changes.

However, I'm not quite convinced yet about us having any significant impact either for two reasons. Namely, I haven't studied the papers so I can't possibly know if there are any systematic errors, and I see too much bullshit going on in the media to not be heavily sceptical. I do lean towards human emissions of CO2 causing changes in climate, mostly because I've worked with people who study precisely that, but even if that turned out true I wouldn't be all that worried about it. Capitalism will come to the rescue and figure out a way to keep us nice and cozy regardless of weather conditions. With nuclear fusion pretty much around the corner energy won't be a concern and with that sorted out the overall state of the planet should be irrelevant. Things might change drastically (e.g. underground, on- and/or underwater or shielded off cities with indoor farming), but I don't see humans disappearing unless we nuke ourselves to hell or get wiped out by some rogue asteroid.
We were burning forests way before we burned coal and oil. In fact, any living creature affects the weather. I understand that at least one american state has legislation regarding cow farts.

But more importantly, co2 is not a pollutant. On the contrary, it's plant food. Which is food for everything else. The more co2, the more oxygen, the more life. It might just be a good thing.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

Vast question.

We were burning forests way before we burned coal and oil. In fact, any living creature affects the weather. I understand that at least one american state has legislation regarding cow farts.

But more importantly, co2 is not a pollutant. On the contrary, it's plant food. Which is food for everything else. The more co2, the more oxygen, the more life. It might just be a good thing.

Plus more than 95% of c02 comes from natural sources not human influence. "Climate change" is bullshit. It's just cyclical and perfectly normal variance.
vanobe

Activity: 164
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:32:42 PM

Have they made it illegal to have farting cows?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:34:04 PM

There is more than one "it's happening"  doom meme around here, somewhere...
Pages: « 1 ... 19562 19563 19564 19565 19566 19567 19568 19569 19570 19571 19572 19573 19574 19575 19576 19577 19578 19579 19580 19581 19582 19583 19584 19585 19586 19587 19588 19589 19590 19591 19592 19593 19594 19595 19596 19597 19598 19599 19600 19601 19602 19603 19604 19605 19606 19607 19608 19609 19610 19611 [19612] 19613 19614 19615 19616 19617 19618 19619 19620 19621 19622 19623 19624 19625 19626 19627 19628 19629 19630 19631 19632 19633 19634 19635 19636 19637 19638 19639 19640 19641 19642 19643 19644 19645 19646 19647 19648 19649 19650 19651 19652 19653 19654 19655 19656 19657 19658 19659 19660 19661 19662 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: