April 23, 2024, 09:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19971 19972 19973 19974 19975 19976 19977 19978 19979 19980 19981 19982 19983 19984 19985 19986 19987 19988 19989 19990 19991 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 19998 19999 20000 20001 20002 20003 20004 20005 20006 20007 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 20016 20017 20018 20019 20020 [20021] 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 20050 20051 20052 20053 20054 20055 20056 20057 20058 20059 20060 20061 20062 20063 20064 20065 20066 20067 20068 20069 20070 20071 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366631 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:50:36 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 06:48:11 AM by JayJuanGee

Do you really believe ...

What I believe is that the Gemini's management has access to a wholehelluvalot more data on this particular situation than you or I would ever hope to have. I'm sure they've modeled the change twelve ways to Sunday, and their modeling shows this to be their high-probability route forward to profit maximization.

So, you know as well as me, that you were not being genuine in your answer and you were not really grappling with the real question, right?

Not at all. I was pointing out that your monday morning quarterbacking is worthless.

This is a discussion forum related to bitcoin/usd market matters, so I doubt that it hurts to bat around ideas related to liquidity of a particular exchange and why they are changing their trading fees, and not everyone is as smart as you about the inter-operations of businesses and the supposed validity and efficaciousness of such business decision making (which I would not describe as Monday morning quarterbacking, because they can do whatever the fuck they want, but what they do has effects on what each of us might decide to do in terms of our own trading strategies or however we use their exchange, if at all.. so your monday morning quarter backing analogy seems completely out of place when some of us are participating in the use of such services).  

So even if you assert that Gemini has good business reasons for what they are doing, it still remains a decent topic to discuss why they may be moving away from the common Joe or if that is their motivation.. You know what they say and their business objectives might not line up, either.  

Surely, I am frustrated by the significance of their fee increases because I already had systems set up to use their services; however, now I am incentivized to use their service a lot less because there seem to be a lot of decent services that charge lower fees, which I would prefer to do... Even you seem to be using GDAX, and that has 0% fees for makers, and you seem to be using that kind of incentive - and what if they raise their fees to 1%, you going to change your behavior and perhaps discuss the situation, no?  

... and, yeah, maybe Gemini is going to be able to maintain sufficient trade volume and liquidity to achieve their various unstated objectives - and you are correct that is a risk that they are likely in better position to assess rather than me (or any of us other outsider dweebs) - however, the fact that they made the increase in their trading fees does not mean that they are either correct in their assumptions and/or goals or that their change will achieve their goals (as you seem to imply that whatever the fuck they do, they are smart and they will be successful in reaching their unstated goals.. .. whatever, this is not exactly about them, when we are talking about ourselves and our decisions about whether to use their services and/or how to change our practices, if we choose to do so.  

It seems presumptuous as fuck for you and your whole tone to unnecessarily dismiss and attempt to negate any fruitfulness in batting around this topic.  

You would rather talk about how Bcash is going to be the next bitcoin, or that bcash is the real bitcoin, as if that were to be some kind of more fruit bearing topic?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:52:48 AM

Im still planning on leaving, but my plans to accumulate certain altcoins were interrupted and im waiting for the next dip. My bitcoin accumulation is over.

A new name:  "Tera won't dis-a-pera"    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:01:10 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 07:29:55 AM by HairyMaclairy

Bitcoin is a technology not a security.  
Trying to choose the best semantic is impossible. You know what I mean. The price of just bitcoin versus the price of the entire blockchain bubble including altcoins, forks, ICOs, private chains, blockchain stocks, futures, mining farms, etc.

Bitcoin Core tokens is not a technology - it is just a single chain.

I appreciate your point.   I respectfully disagree on the basis that the blockchain ecosystem has a zero value other than Bitcoin which props up the entire shitshow.   This can be seen in the great shitcoin rotation where various coins ascend CMC, peak and then disappear forever.   Others like Doge take numerous runs at the throne only to immediately sink back into obscurity.  A select few such as XRP manage to sustain their existence on the promise of endless commercial pilots or a well planned mix of deliberate brand confusion, technobabble and paid social media campaigns.   The permissioned chains such as Corda are doing so badly that Mike Hearn is threatening to come back to Bitcoin and JP Morgan is spinning out its project and making the founder redundant.  
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:39:26 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 07:59:58 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

Wash trading ... creates an illusion of false value velocity.

FTFY.

If funds will be directed to somewhere that doesn't have actual value to the economy,

Except funds aren't going anywhere. From right pocket to left pocket of the same entity is not a direction of funds.

I have seen United Bitcoin being wash traded on Quoine with a daily volume of $450k.   When you look at the books, the total value of buy orders until the price went to zero was $1,400.

Would that make the volume higher or lower than bcash?

The BCH/USDT pair volume today on Quione is $4k.  There is no BTC / BCH pair.  

The UBTC / BTC pair is $14k daily volume.  

So UBTC has over triple daily volume than bcash lol on that exchange.

WTF ? Now there´s such a thing as "UBTC" ?
I was happy to claim my BTCP recently. Now all that again ! Do you guys think i have nothing to do in my life ?  Smiley

Please, can i have a fork-list of the forks, which are worth bothering.

Biro Bob

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:21:39 AM
Merited by jbreher (1)

Please, can i have a fork-list of the forks, which are worth bothering.

There is only one worth mentioning .... https://banano.co.in
Alexander_Z

Activity: 114
Merit: 26

Z

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:27:15 AM

There's a first rule of bitcoin, which is to talk about bitcoin, but don't talk about your qty of bitcoin.  

I have not heard of it before, probably I've been hibernating when it was mentioned first. It makes sense, however...

It is a theme that has been repeated in this thread to a decent degree through the years, and comes from fight club...  Wink 

I see, the first rule here is: never talk about the amount of BTC! I have missed it because I was dormant for a very long time. When bears rule, I find their habit of hibernating during (crypto)winter infectious Wink 2017 was very invigorating, but now I have a feeling that going to sleep until 2019 may be a good idea. Maybe I'm wrong, but suspect that while almost everyone is waiting for a new bull season, there will be no bull season. And when almost everyone starts to think that there will be no new rise, a new pump will begin.

On the interwebs, you can get away with revealing a bit more about your BTC (or crypto or fiat) holdings, without punishment, unless you are hacked, of course. 

In the real world, you may be punished more if you reveal too many of those kinds of financial holding(s) details. 

By the way, I have a location in which I have several computers running bitcoin tickers from various angles (usually it is windows of bitcoinity.org and bitcoinwisdom.com), and sometimes if I have a visitor, the computer display triggers us to begin to talk about bitcoin.  Most visitors will not ask too many personal details about my holdings, but some folks will come out with direct questions, like "how many bitcoins do you have?".. hahahahhahahaha...   

When I first got those kinds of personal financial questions, I stumbled a bit or I might have said something that was somewhat responsive, but later I realized that I needed a better and less disclosing response.  These days, I ultimately tell them how ridiculous is their question, and depending on the audience, the way that I say it will vary; however, almost all of them seem to understand that their question was not appropriate.  My most frequently recent response will be to ask them how much gold they have or how much money is in their checking account, and from my counter-question the vast majority will realize the inappropriateness of their question.  There are a few folks who do not get it, and most of them do not have any money in their checking account, so they are not sensitive to revealing their lack of money.    Go figure?  So probably, the more money (in this case bitcoins) you accumulate, the more prudent it will be to convolute your answers, if any, to those kinds of inquiries.

Right. Years ago bitcoin was just an almost useless and valueless curiosity, talking about it was the same as talking about the level of someone's player character in an online RPG (I do not play them, but I hear). Now it is in the same league as gold. I also tent to be cautious. Nobody I know in real life is aware of the fact that I have bitcoins (some may suspect), let alone how much. I had a few talks with my colleagues about crypto, but I never revealed that I have some coins.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:32:21 AM

I told only my close relatives and my SO but my SO went and bragged about it to all their friends against my wishes.
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:49:13 AM

Testing 7700 soon.  Grin
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:54:54 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 09:08:55 AM by pfrtlpfmpf

I told only my close relatives and my SO but my SO went and bragged about it to all their friends against my wishes.

Easy ! From now on, just say: Lost it all, boating accident, if necessary . . .

Anyway, when it goes down, they say: "it´s a bubble, sell it all".
When it goes up, they say: "where can i buy some, at 7/11 ? "

The opposite is just fine with me !

I mean, the money has to come from somewhere, No ?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:07:58 AM

There's a first rule of bitcoin, which is to talk about bitcoin, but don't talk about your qty of bitcoin.  

I have not heard of it before, probably I've been hibernating when it was mentioned first. It makes sense, however...

It is a theme that has been repeated in this thread to a decent degree through the years, and comes from fight club...  Wink 

I see, the first rule here is: never talk about the amount of BTC! I have missed it because I was dormant for a very long time. When bears rule, I find their habit of hibernating during (crypto)winter infectious Wink 2017 was very invigorating, but now I have a feeling that going to sleep until 2019 may be a good idea. Maybe I'm wrong, but suspect that while almost everyone is waiting for a new bull season, there will be no bull season. And when almost everyone starts to think that there will be no new rise, a new pump will begin.

I am getting the impression that you are very skeptical about BTC, and perhaps you are correct that bitcoin might be in a long level of flat and downward trends - but your assumption is no where near a given.  This is not 2014/2015, so price dynamics could play out differently.. on the other hand, 2019 is not necessarily a long time to wait for price action, and it is only 9 months away.

If you are sensing that you may not want to study into bitcoin or accumulate or anything like that in the coming year, then likely you already have a BTC stash that you feel is sufficient in the event that BTC prices go up from here - and sure it is possible that you have other things going on in your life that you feel deserve more of your attention, as compared with bitcoin.

Other folks may be more inclined, during this particular possible lull period to continue to spend decent resources accumulating bitcoin, in anticipation that a upwards price run is going to take place, even if the upwards price run is not imminent, it will pay off to continue to reasonable make continued accumulation efforts during this period.

If you have a lower price point in which you will buy in such as $5k or $3k or even $1.5k, you may or may not get such opportunity to buy in at that point, but it is good to personally have some outline regarding where you would consider to be good buying opportunities and also to be sufficiently content if the price does not go down to your buy target points.

On the interwebs, you can get away with revealing a bit more about your BTC (or crypto or fiat) holdings, without punishment, unless you are hacked, of course. 

In the real world, you may be punished more if you reveal too many of those kinds of financial holding(s) details. 

By the way, I have a location in which I have several computers running bitcoin tickers from various angles (usually it is windows of bitcoinity.org and bitcoinwisdom.com), and sometimes if I have a visitor, the computer display triggers us to begin to talk about bitcoin.  Most visitors will not ask too many personal details about my holdings, but some folks will come out with direct questions, like "how many bitcoins do you have?".. hahahahhahahaha...   

When I first got those kinds of personal financial questions, I stumbled a bit or I might have said something that was somewhat responsive, but later I realized that I needed a better and less disclosing response.  These days, I ultimately tell them how ridiculous is their question, and depending on the audience, the way that I say it will vary; however, almost all of them seem to understand that their question was not appropriate.  My most frequently recent response will be to ask them how much gold they have or how much money is in their checking account, and from my counter-question the vast majority will realize the inappropriateness of their question.  There are a few folks who do not get it, and most of them do not have any money in their checking account, so they are not sensitive to revealing their lack of money.    Go figure?  So probably, the more money (in this case bitcoins) you accumulate, the more prudent it will be to convolute your answers, if any, to those kinds of inquiries.

Right. Years ago bitcoin was just an almost useless and valueless curiosity, talking about it was the same as talking about the level of someone's player character in an online RPG (I do not play them, but I hear). Now it is in the same league as gold. I also tent to be cautious. Nobody I know in real life is aware of the fact that I have bitcoins (some may suspect), let alone how much. I had a few talks with my colleagues about crypto, but I never revealed that I have some coins.

In one sense, it would make sense a decent amount of sense if you don't feel very passionate about bitcoin or very strongly about wanting to accumulate bitcoin, then you may well not be very invested in the concept (but only luke warm about it), so in that regard, it would make sense that you would not even feel any kind of inclination to share your knowledge with others because you merely view bitcoin as blasé.... and something that may or may not happen or some thing that may or may not be important.. and that is your viewpoint, which likely differs from guys who actively participate in forums like this one, even during down price periods.  For different folks, there are different strokes.
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:18:23 AM

Calm before the storm...As much as I hate it...
pacman7331

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:29:49 AM

HODL your liquor
rafanadal

Activity: 368
Merit: 31

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:36:32 AM

Yup sadest bulltrap ever
5k is inevitable
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1177

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:41:52 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Just for laugh, did you read this The World’s Worst Crypto Article of All-Time ?

Just take a short glance on 5 reasons author of the article wrote.
BitExalt
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:43:06 AM

More and more people know about cryptocurrency, all circles are not excluded. there is no way other than HODL.
_javier_

Activity: 444
Merit: 31

Still a manic miner

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:56:27 AM

manipulators are so obvious these days  Embarrassed
blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

So we are going to sub 5k soon?
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:11:51 AM

Well, it's basically a continous down-movement since January. it's very much possible.

Volume is far to low for it to rise again.

Maybe we can stay at 7k or we go down ... noone knows.

But you can be sure we won't go up any time soon.
pacman7331

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

Still bullish. Volume of sells doesn’t match our rebound of buys.

I can’t see if all the sells were in fact simply support being withdrawn to get a lower price and have shorts close? Could be another bear trap.
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:19:47 AM

Still bullish. Volume of sells doesn’t match our rebound of buys.

I can’t see if all the sells were in fact simply support being withdrawn to get a lower price and have shorts close? Could be another bear trap.

We'll know for sure when Americans wake up. I hope you are right as they usually sell.
Pages: « 1 ... 19971 19972 19973 19974 19975 19976 19977 19978 19979 19980 19981 19982 19983 19984 19985 19986 19987 19988 19989 19990 19991 19992 19993 19994 19995 19996 19997 19998 19999 20000 20001 20002 20003 20004 20005 20006 20007 20008 20009 20010 20011 20012 20013 20014 20015 20016 20017 20018 20019 20020 [20021] 20022 20023 20024 20025 20026 20027 20028 20029 20030 20031 20032 20033 20034 20035 20036 20037 20038 20039 20040 20041 20042 20043 20044 20045 20046 20047 20048 20049 20050 20051 20052 20053 20054 20055 20056 20057 20058 20059 20060 20061 20062 20063 20064 20065 20066 20067 20068 20069 20070 20071 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: