April 24, 2024, 03:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 20125 20126 20127 20128 20129 20130 20131 [20132] 20133 20134 20135 20136 20137 20138 20139 20140 20141 20142 20143 20144 20145 20146 20147 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 20154 20155 20156 20157 20158 20159 20160 20161 20162 20163 20164 20165 20166 20167 20168 20169 20170 20171 20172 20173 20174 20175 20176 20177 20178 20179 20180 20181 20182 ... 33298 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367268 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:01:46 AM

https://twitter.com/LeahWald1/status/985665491325804545
The Bitcoin Jig ?? ?? While in North Carolina last week with best friends, we sat around a bonfire ?? picked up our banjos, and wrote a song for the love of #Bitcoin
smash that like button
At the cost of repeating myself, you have some taste. I mean for fun music. All my likes are granted.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 03:11:36 AM

My hope, however, is that most of the governance will be blockchain based. As much as possible over time.
I mentioned the admins having the right to a choice a few posts back. Would PoS in the community coin be a viable voting metric at least for some matters? Has any thought gone into it yet? Interesting stuff indeed.

Well, it would depend upon the vote. And the governance model created by the platform.

My thought is that there will likely be one person one vote types of models as well as PoS votes.

My BitPools idea was that people would vote on a project with their money, while receiving an equal benefit to their contribution.

For a one person one vote approach we will definitely be doing an identity token or an address identified by a single person. This will be used for other things in the community like visas and passports.

The first vote I suggested was an opinion type approach where we try to decide what location in French Polynesia to do the pilot project. I think a PoS approach would show where the money wants it to happen. And that would be an easier voting system. A one person one vote method would require people showing up to register, which would be more for when people are actually living on the seastead.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:39:22 AM

Elwar, let me save you the trouble of these delusional Galt's Gulch fantasies and inform you that libertarianism is not possible in a closed ecosystem, which is what earth mostly is.  Most libertarian ideas in practice are nothing more than weapons to try and weaken and destabilize civilizations and have them figuratively just lower the drawbridge down so external factions can come in, conquer and enslave them:

14. In any State in which there is a bad organization of authority, an impersonality of laws and of the rulers who have lost their personality amid the flood of rights ever multiplying out of liberalism, I find a new right - to attack by the right of the strong, and to scatter to the winds all existing forces of order and regulation, to reconstruct all institutions and to become the sovereign lord of those who have left to us the rights of their power by laying them down voluntarily in their liberalism.

6. Political freedom is an idea but not a fact. This idea one must know how to apply whenever it appears necessary with this bait of an idea to attract the masses of the people to one's party for the purpose of crushing another who is in authority. This task is rendered easier if the opponent has himself been infected with the idea of freedom, SO-CALLED LIBERALISM, and, for the sake of an idea, is willing to yield some of his power. It is precisely here that the triumph of our theory appears; the slackened reins of government are immediately, by the law of life, caught up and gathered together by a new hand, because the blind might of the nation cannot for one single day exist without guidance, and the new authority merely fits into the place of the old already weakened by liberalism."

Many in the post-Ron Paul era - although probably unable to convey this reality in words - know this is subconsciously true and have moved on looking for better solutions, usually involving the only known functional frameworks of human existence over the last several thousand years - homogeneous, ethnocentric city-states (aka things like the alt-right).
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:44:07 AM

Soooo... noone has found the perfect country to spend the millions yet, no?

Elwar is still building it.

Here's some thoughtful entertainment on building a community.  
Check out "Wild, wild country" aired on netflix.

It's the conspiratorial saga of Rajneeshpuram (Osho) community as it attempted self governance in the 80's in outback Oregon.

Surprisingly its led me to consider the importance of governance.

I'll take a look. I recently watched a show called Jungletown about the recreational colonization of a place called Kalu Yala that convinced me of the importance of despotic opportunists.

Very cool, modern day Rainbow gathering.  My 23 year old self is interested.  50 minutes outside Panama city... yikes. 
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:55:34 AM

CON-MAN: Roger Ver attempts to co-opt Blockchain event in Tokyo.

Roger created fake invitations to attempt to “prove” the appearance of bcash’s presence Shocked

https://theicojournal.com/con-man-roger-ver-attempts-to-co-opt-bitcoin-event-in-tokyo/
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:11:08 AM

Come to Thailand. It won´t be worse than this. If you avoid the girls, you´re home free !
And for half the money !
And you can drive around on a Moped, the whole year. That´s what i´m doing.
I´m blessed. No Joke !

Guys, i really can´t see, why you should end your life in such negative places, pack your things, even your family, and move !

I'm actually heading to Thailand tomorrow to stay for about 2 months. Will be mostly in the Bangkok area.

Bangkok is not my cup of tea, i´m more of a beach guy: My girlfriend says, look at your belly. Stay safe !

I have been there many times. My gf lives there. I'm going to help work out her visa to come to Tahiti.

Will be in Pattaya this week though for a bit of beach life (same thing as here but I guess different colored sand).

Pattaya for beach life ?
You got to be kidding me ! Where do you come from ? Never mind, just move. From here on, you can´t go wrong  Smiley

Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:08:39 AM

I am pretty sure you can game the tax systems by “earning” all your income while offshore or in a tax free jurisdiction  and not staying in any particular Western country for more than 179 days [does not work for US citizens]

So fly to Dubai to cash out your BTC and then go skiing for a couple of months, rinse repeat. 
The problem that I have is specifically with owning property in that kind of situation. I don't want to go from hotel to hotel or Airbnb to Airbnb for the travel part. But if I could just own two houses and have each of them set up as a fully functional base then I would be perfectly happy to just fly over from one to the other every 6 months. Just haven't found anything specific regarding this edge case yet.

I think in Thailand you have to be a citizen to buy...you can lease, which is what most foreigners do. Actually most marry a local and the wife buys the property.
The citizen part was what I was worried about. Seems to be that case everywhere. I know that foreigners can buy property in Japan, but it seems like that is only for commercial purposes (such as renting out). Suppose using family could work though (in case there are no decent countries that allow non-citizens to own property for private use).

Sweden doesn't care about your citizenship, anyone can own property, even people without citizenship. You would have to pay real estate tax, but that tax had a cap of 914 USD last year. And in many cases you pay less, it's adjusted for inflation yearly. And everybody speaks english.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:20:06 AM
Merited by jbreher (1)

CON-MAN: Roger Ver attempts to co-opt Blockchain event in Tokyo.

Roger created fake invitations to attempt to “prove” the appearance of bcash’s presence Shocked

https://theicojournal.com/con-man-roger-ver-attempts-to-co-opt-bitcoin-event-in-tokyo/

Proof of Snake
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:37:57 AM

I am pretty sure you can game the tax systems by “earning” all your income while offshore or in a tax free jurisdiction  and not staying in any particular Western country for more than 179 days [does not work for US citizens]

So fly to Dubai to cash out your BTC and then go skiing for a couple of months, rinse repeat. 
The problem that I have is specifically with owning property in that kind of situation. I don't want to go from hotel to hotel or Airbnb to Airbnb for the travel part. But if I could just own two houses and have each of them set up as a fully functional base then I would be perfectly happy to just fly over from one to the other every 6 months. Just haven't found anything specific regarding this edge case yet.

I think in Thailand you have to be a citizen to buy...you can lease, which is what most foreigners do. Actually most marry a local and the wife buys the property.
The citizen part was what I was worried about. Seems to be that case everywhere. I know that foreigners can buy property in Japan, but it seems like that is only for commercial purposes (such as renting out). Suppose using family could work though (in case there are no decent countries that allow non-citizens to own property for private use).

Sweden doesn't care about your citizenship, anyone can own property, even people without citizenship. You would have to pay real estate tax, but that tax had a cap of 914 USD last year. And in many cases you pay less, it's adjusted for inflation yearly. And everybody speaks english.

But it´s freaking cold there.

Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:38:05 AM

Yup, 6 months here 6 there is pretty ideal. I've been doing perpetual summer for the better part of 20 years and its worked out very well.
Depending on the country, ownership of land or house can get tricky, especially in SE Asia it has a particular set of headaches. I prefer to rent/lease long term in Asia which also gives me the option to pick up and go much easier if needed and own in the countries which I have citizenship.    

Just looked out the window.
I envy your lifestyle.

Haha I see that your neck of the woods is ankle deep in shit.  Disgusting, really.  I was depressed by the 12C and fog here, but now I'm laughing a little.  thanks  Cheesy

It’s a desolate, godless moonscape, totally uninhabitable. If we had dancing girls they’d be eaten by street-wolves.

Come to Thailand. It won´t be worse than this. If you avoid the girls, you´re home free !
And for half the money !
I´m blessed. No Joke !

Guys, i really can´t see, why you should end your life in such negative places, pack your things, even your family, and move !

I have three cats, so I'm stuck here. Moving pets around the world is too complicated.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

Pattaya for beach life ?
You got to be kidding me ! Where do you come from ? Never mind, just move. From here on, you can´t go wrong  Smiley

Well..Koh Lan to be more specific.
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:00:30 AM

Here's a live cam of my front yard. Scroll down. https://www.c2skykitecenter.com/
Plenty of sun, exercise, cheap food, english (vinglish) and simple living. 
Speaking of exercise.... look for the orange kite soon.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:01:59 AM

Yup, 6 months here 6 there is pretty ideal. I've been doing perpetual summer for the better part of 20 years and its worked out very well.
Depending on the country, ownership of land or house can get tricky, especially in SE Asia it has a particular set of headaches. I prefer to rent/lease long term in Asia which also gives me the option to pick up and go much easier if needed and own in the countries which I have citizenship.    

Just looked out the window.
I envy your lifestyle.

Haha I see that your neck of the woods is ankle deep in shit.  Disgusting, really.  I was depressed by the 12C and fog here, but now I'm laughing a little.  thanks  Cheesy

It’s a desolate, godless moonscape, totally uninhabitable. If we had dancing girls they’d be eaten by street-wolves.

And for half the money !
I´m blessed. No Joke !

I have three cats, so I'm stuck here. Moving pets around the world is too complicated.

I can´t see, why moving three cats, once it´s done, could hinder me.

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:06:24 AM

Sweden doesn't care about your citizenship, anyone can own property, even people without citizenship. You would have to pay real estate tax, but that tax had a cap of 914 USD last year. And in many cases you pay less, it's adjusted for inflation yearly.

You just described the most illogical, self destructive system I've ever heard of.  It's as if someone had planned for you to have defacto open borders and white genocide of the native inhabitants.  Oh wait...that was the plan...the Jewish Kalergi plan.

Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:07:15 AM

Ya, I have 2 dogs. I was able to get them to Germany but fortunately I have a nice mother who would rather I be able to travel than worry about moving my dogs so she watches them. I would love to bring them with me but they would definitely get the way of my mobility.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

Ya, I have 2 dogs. I was able to get them to Germany but fortunately I have a nice mother who would rather I be able to travel than worry about moving my dogs so she watches them. I would love to bring them with me but they would definitely get the way of my mobility.

I would love to have a dog. They are real friends. But decided otherwise. For mobility. But one day . . . !

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:42:00 AM

It's also Sweden.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:05:34 AM

Sounds like a plan, see you at the ski-slope.

I really don´t mind the tax-thing, but i don´t know, how to file Smiley I rather shoot myself. Thank god, i´m not american, sorry.

Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:31:37 AM

Here's a live cam of my front yard. Scroll down. https://www.c2skykitecenter.com/
Plenty of sun, exercise, cheap food, english (vinglish) and simple living. 
Speaking of exercise.... look for the orange kite soon.

Very cool!
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:41:00 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 02:32:16 AM by Rosewater Foundation

Tone Vays is worth a listen to. He hates the ICO's
https://youtu.be/fODj_TfAEuI?t=20m31s
Edit: this is from 2017 and it's probably been posted already. It's probably a repost. What can I say. Don't expect as much from the night shift. Undecided
Pages: « 1 ... 20082 20083 20084 20085 20086 20087 20088 20089 20090 20091 20092 20093 20094 20095 20096 20097 20098 20099 20100 20101 20102 20103 20104 20105 20106 20107 20108 20109 20110 20111 20112 20113 20114 20115 20116 20117 20118 20119 20120 20121 20122 20123 20124 20125 20126 20127 20128 20129 20130 20131 [20132] 20133 20134 20135 20136 20137 20138 20139 20140 20141 20142 20143 20144 20145 20146 20147 20148 20149 20150 20151 20152 20153 20154 20155 20156 20157 20158 20159 20160 20161 20162 20163 20164 20165 20166 20167 20168 20169 20170 20171 20172 20173 20174 20175 20176 20177 20178 20179 20180 20181 20182 ... 33298 »
  Print  

Jump to: