April 24, 2024, 02:41:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20215 20216 20217 20218 20219 20220 20221 20222 20223 20224 20225 20226 20227 20228 20229 20230 20231 20232 20233 20234 20235 20236 20237 20238 20239 20240 20241 20242 20243 20244 20245 20246 20247 20248 20249 20250 20251 20252 20253 20254 20255 20256 20257 20258 20259 20260 20261 20262 20263 20264 [20265] 20266 20267 20268 20269 20270 20271 20272 20273 20274 20275 20276 20277 20278 20279 20280 20281 20282 20283 20284 20285 20286 20287 20288 20289 20290 20291 20292 20293 20294 20295 20296 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 ... 33296 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366989 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:43:57 PM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Anyone in a fighting mood?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/upshot/should-the-fed-create-fedcoin-to-rival-bitcoin-a-former-top-official-says-maybe.html

“Congress gave the Fed a monopoly over money,” Mr. Warsh said. “

Which was fraudulent and in violation of the US Constitution

ok, perhaps. but it's been accepted as normal, allowed, and legal for... what, something like 100 years now? what, precisely, do you expect to be done about it? to remove the fed's power is nigh impossible. it would likely require literal war and revolution to bring down the government as we know it and build something new, or at least closer to the original constitution if that's the goal.

i say the same thing to any theory - like faked moon landings or flat earth or less insane ones like this Fed thing. ok, so maybe you're right. what's your point? what do you want to be DONE about it, and what will that change? are you going to do it? do you think you can actually effect change at all?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:58:10 PM

americans /= humans.

What in the actual fuck is your problem ?

I was wondering that too actually...

s/he/it comes off as some kind of random bot, spewing out semi-coherent blabberings, that are usually not even on-topic to the extent that any posts here are... hahahahaha   Cheesy Cheesy
btcbeliever

Activity: 232
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/upshot/should-the-fed-create-fedcoin-to-rival-bitcoin-a-former-top-official-says-maybe.html

ok, perhaps. but it's been accepted as normal, allowed, and legal for... what, something like 100 years now? what, precisely, do you expect to be done about it? to remove the fed's power is nigh impossible. it would likely require literal war and revolution to bring down the government as we know it and build something new, or at least closer to the original constitution if that's the goal.

i say the same thing to any theory - like faked moon landings or flat earth or less insane ones like this Fed thing. ok, so maybe you're right. what's your point? what do you want to be DONE about it, and what will that change? are you going to do it? do you think you can actually effect change at all?
Many folks, myself included, are fascinated by bitcoin because a belief that it can take down the Fed and the other central banks.  The concept of bitcoin is very powerful.

Maybe 10,000 us$ by the end of the weekend?
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:08:04 PM

...some kind of random bot, spewing out semi-coherent blabberings, that are usually not even on-topic ...

that sounds like me, except I spew out FULLY coherent blabberings... Grin
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:09:47 PM

Many folks, myself included, are fascinated by bitcoin because a belief that it can take down the Fed and the other central banks.  The concept of bitcoin is very powerful.

...well, ok, yea. that's... very true. i... er... right, shutting up.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

A hardware wallet is a total waste of money in my opinion. Especially if you are a hodler.

I disagree. It's awesome and easy peasy to send small amounts of btc from my Trezor to my phone wallet to spend from there. Or just spend directly from the Trezor. All safe and secure.

I was not very BIG about hardware wallets, but once I tried out the Trezor and the Ledger Nano s, I found them to be very easy, and I gt a feeling of more security and more knowledge about how to store my bitcoins, as compared to my pre-hardware wallet practices, which also had included using the Blockchain.info wallet.

Between the Trezor and the Ledger Nano S, I find the Trezor to be faster and less cumbersome to use..

TLDR:   using the hardware wallet can give you a different perspective about their utility

PS... I agree with several of the posters, that having your coins in a variety of places, can be helpful, but also keeping in mind the ways that the storage locations can be vulnerable will be useful too... and hopefully, more than one location would not be accessible through the same vulnerability... I do keep about 15% or so of my crypto value on exchanges, which is prepared for trading etc.. and some of those are secured by e-mail, password, phone authentication, and sometimes there could be vulnerabilities if one or more of those security keys are compromised.

I have a couple of Ledger Nano S, but don't fully utilize them. By default, it looks like Chrome extensions are the preferred interface, I don't trust that. Electrum on Linux supports it, I trust that more. I keep multiple paper wallets, one per year. If I get to the point of cashing out much, it's helpful to be able to have a hard date on the blockchain of when I owned it. I'm not sure how to incorporate that into Ledger. I know about the optional hidden space.

Opendime hardware looks cool, but it's more of a one-shot thing. Good for basic transfers off-chain. You can't easily back it up, and it may not accept going through the washing machine well.

Ledger have said they will be releasing a standalone application soon to for people who don't want to use the chrome extension:

https://www.ledger.fr/2018/02/23/announcing-new-ledger-wallet-desktop-mobile-applications/

We’ll soon be announcing availability of the Ledger Wallet application. We’ll first release the desktop version during Q2 2018 and then focus on the mobile version Q3 2018. The new version of the Ledger Manager is also expected for Q2 2018. Stay tuned!

Good.  This might fix some of ledger's bugginess, and quirkiness in loading, etc.  Perhaps?
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:26:25 PM

That is cool. You can also use crypto to buy gold , silver , platinum , and palladium with Goldmoney. You have to use Bitpay to deposit money. Vaultoros appears to have a better platform.
https://www.goldmoney.com/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:29:15 PM

...some kind of random bot, spewing out semi-coherent blabberings, that are usually not even on-topic ...

that sounds like me, except I spew out FULLY coherent blabberings... Grin

"FULLY" may be a bit of an exaggeration.    Tongue Tongue
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:38:02 PM

am a bit drunk to respond fairly to this convo, but you both have valid points and shouldn't back off. Bitcoin itself will do a lot of the heavy lifting in ending the Fed and creating an honest society. But it also us - what are we doing to those ends? holding, running nodes, mining, building infrastructure? keeping the USG out (cf scams like eth/bcash/xrp/intel/google)?
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:41:53 PM

am a bit drunk to respond fairly to this convo, but you both have valid points and shouldn't back off. Bitcoin itself will do a lot of the heavy lifting in ending the Fed and creating an honest society. But it also us - what are we doing to those ends? holding, running nodes, mining, building infrastructure? keeping the USG out (cf scams like eth/bcash/intel/google)?

personally, all i can do is run a node at the moment. which, come to think of it, might not even be a full node - i think i need to open a port of the router or such... but i enjoy mining and hodling. just no money to get decent gear, and my 100 gh's isn't exactly worth running these days. i used to dream about having a big farm, but i've had a rather rough decade, financially, so it hasn't happened. might finally have a decent job though, so who knows.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:51:09 PM

am a bit drunk to respond fairly to this convo, but you both have valid points and shouldn't back off. Bitcoin itself will do a lot of the heavy lifting in ending the Fed and creating an honest society. But it also us - what are we doing to those ends? holding, running nodes, mining, building infrastructure? keeping the USG out (cf scams like eth/bcash/intel/google)?

personally, all i can do is run a node at the moment. which, come to think of it, might not even be a full node - i think i need to open a port of the router or such... but i enjoy mining and hodling. just no money to get decent gear, and my 100 gh's isn't exactly worth running these days. i used to dream about having a big farm, but i've had a rather rough decade, financially, so it hasn't happened. might finally have a decent job though, so who knows.
sure man i read about some of your heyday early group buy, but you can still educate people after the day job and you can maybe put some $ aside into btc each month. you need a bit of money for a full node for the uphill b/w, but hey we all do what we can do
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:01:20 PM

This is not classic TA. I dont know wtf is going on.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:09:01 PM

This is not classic TA. I dont know wtf is going on.

Do you mean that BTC's price is moving against your technical analysis theories?  You are not going that far, are you?

Some of you bears, bear wannabes and bull criticizers, seem to hold similar tendencies to discount various BTC fundamentals, which could be part of the explanation for why you, and your other bear wannabe aspirants, frequently oversell or your shorts get rekt in the process.  Perhaps?    Cry Cry
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:13:33 PM

sure man i read about some of your heyday early group buy, but you can still educate people after the day job and you can maybe put some $ aside into btc each month. you need a bit of money for a full node for the uphill b/w, but hey we all do what we can do

yep... once i actually can, you know, cover my bills, btc savings for sure.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:14:54 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 10:25:28 PM by Last of the V8s

There's still like some % chance of that huge crash from 11-13k down to new bottoms, no?
Or even straight down from here.
Maybe tera means all the off topic.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

Bitcoin never was ‘Classic TA’. Moon instead  Cool
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:18:32 PM

QUICK list 12288 is finisht GOOD LUCK   WO's

16/04/2018 serveria.com Sad
27/04/2018 BinaryReign Sad
28/04/2018 Toxic2040 Sad
29/04/2018 BobLawblaw Sad
30/04/2018 RayX12 Sad
05/05/2018 kaicrypzen
07/05/2018 InvoKing
08/05/2018 ChinkyEyes
13/05/2018 mfort312
15/05/2018 Paashaas
16/05/2018 player99
17/05/2018 bikerleszno
19/05/2018 Bitcoinaire
20/05/2018 willope
21/05/2018 rafanadal
22/05/2018 strawbs
24/05/2018 yonton
25/05/2018 JimboToronto
26/05/2018 Colonel Panic
29/05/2018 ivomm
30/05/2018 Lontonbit
31/05/2018 BTCMILLIONAIRE
01/06/2018 RoomBot
02/06/2018 rjclarke2000
03/06/2018 oblox
04/06/2018 wachtwoord
05/06/2018 Wekkel
08/06/2018 hisslyness
09/06/2018 LodisMcguire
11/06/2018 Raja_MBZ
12/06/2018 bitcoinPsycho
13/06/2018 erre
14/06/2018 vroom
15/06/2018 d_eddie
16/06/2018 coralreefer
18/06/2018 Robin,Hood
20/06/2018 rolling
22/06/2018 Biodom
23/06/2018 Dunkelheit667
25/06/2018 bones261
26/06/2018 Arriemoller
28/06/2018 klaaas
30/06/2018 DarkStar_
01/07/2018 o_e_l_e_o
02/07/2018 jojo69
03/07/2018 Karatma1
04/07/2018 Elwar
13/07/2018 sirazimuth
14/07/2018 Ludwig Von
21/07/2018 Lauda
22/07/2018 LFC_Bitcoin
26/07/2018 Icygreen
02/08/2018 fragout
03/08/2018 supremnoob
06/08/2018 cAPSLOCK
08/08/2018 infofront
10/08/2018 HairyMaclairy
15/08/2018 Phil_S
16/08/2018 Rosewater Foundation
17/08/2018 B1tUnl0ck3r
19/08/2018 Imbatman
21/08/2018 BitcoinBunny
27/08/2018 soullyG
28/08/2018 RealMachasm
29/08/2018 STT
04/09/2018 flynn
08/09/2018 xhomerx10
09/09/2018 vapourminer
11/09/2018 Dakustaking76
20/09/2018 Digigami
22/09/2018 Agapios
26/09/2018 itod
30/09/2018 DeathAngel
12/10/2018 IntroVert
15/10/2018 explorer
18/10/2018 Searing
26/10/2018 kurious
09/11/2018 fabiorem
15/11/2018 bitserve
20/11/2018 Globb0
22/11/2018 Last of the V8s
01/12/2018 Alexander_Z
07/03/2019 CoinCube
15/04/2019 Spaceman_Spiff_Original
20/06/2019 bitebits
13/12/2019 nikauforest
10/04/2020 yefi
05/09/2020 samson   
23/06/2021 fortune143             
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:29:30 PM

In before:

Or a prohibition based on race.

There's a r0ach coming round taking names
To see how many Jews will fit on the trains
It's like there's a whole new reich in town
When the r0ach comes around
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:54:09 PM

There's still like some % chance of that huge crash from 11-13k down to new bottoms, no?
Or even straight down from here.
Maybe tera means all the off topic.
Probably a 50% chance we crash from 11-13K, a 25% chance we crash right now, and a 25% chance it passes 13K.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:07:34 PM

During that time 10 marines died and one of my frustrated co-workers blamed me for their deaths due to our system being down (the reality was that even with a perfectly working system they would have still died).

There are few people who live as big of a lie as someone who joins the US military - comparing what they think they're doing to what they're actually doing.  In practice, you're a low paid, hired mercenary for THE CORPORATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, acting as collection agents for (((international bankers))) like (((the BIS))), while also doing shabbos goyim day errands to facilitate whatever other scams the evil cult of Judaism has cooked up. When this is what the money goes to, everyone should probably tell Trump and his infinite military budget idea to fuck off and defund it to zero.
Pages: « 1 ... 20215 20216 20217 20218 20219 20220 20221 20222 20223 20224 20225 20226 20227 20228 20229 20230 20231 20232 20233 20234 20235 20236 20237 20238 20239 20240 20241 20242 20243 20244 20245 20246 20247 20248 20249 20250 20251 20252 20253 20254 20255 20256 20257 20258 20259 20260 20261 20262 20263 20264 [20265] 20266 20267 20268 20269 20270 20271 20272 20273 20274 20275 20276 20277 20278 20279 20280 20281 20282 20283 20284 20285 20286 20287 20288 20289 20290 20291 20292 20293 20294 20295 20296 20297 20298 20299 20300 20301 20302 20303 20304 20305 20306 20307 20308 20309 20310 20311 20312 20313 20314 20315 ... 33296 »
  Print  

Jump to: