March 28, 2024, 08:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 [20427] 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 ... 33204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 11777

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:29:30 AM

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=EUR&to=USD&view=1Y
"Existencial crisis in eu"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
La or koreatown .. yes there is  Grin

Bitcoin is the answer.  
Grab the last few cheap BTC before the next moon rise.

+Merits

Definitely worth a second look!   Grin Grin Grin

Lol .... very good mister chow moment as well  Grin

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:35:22 AM
Merited by Searing (1)

Not as entertaining as ChartBuddy, but for your monthly convenience:

Not sure why some thought the USD was superior to BTC this May. Tongue
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 5032

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:37:14 AM

This is true. As Bitcoin continues to live on though, it will be the younger, newer generations of Average Joe that takes a chance with Bitcoin. They come into the working world with more disdain for the existing financial structure, less debt (except student loans), less skepticism of Bitcoin, less to lose and everything to gain.

Grandma and Grandpa ain't coming in droves, sorry. Grandma and Grandpa can't even afford to buy Precious Metals anymore, much less Bitcoin. Plus the MSM has mindfucked them to believe that Bitcoin is a scam.

Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense proclamation that regular Joes cannot afford bitcoin.  

They only believe that they cannot afford bitcoin, which seems to tie in with your overall point that they are being mindfucked by mainstream media.

Ultimately, you and I are likely pretty close to agreeing, and probably I am merely quibbling with the mixture of your nonsense points that are embedded into your other relatively decent points.   Tongue Tongue    Shocked

Nah, I think you are just quibbling. I still stand by what I said. With the exception of Jimbo and maybe a few other guys here over the age of 60, most I have met have zero interest in Bitcoin. They think it's a scam created by the gubmint to get everyone into their "centralized digital currency" in order to control them. They don't trust it. They trust PMs more. Plus a lot of baby boomers are just flat broke and in debt. They are spending all their money on bills and trying to enjoy life.

If you go younger, in the 40-50 yr old range, you find a lot of guys that are just flat out hostile towards Bitcoin, like it threatens their very way of life or something. You should of heard the vitriol that my (former) Accountant was spewing about Bitcoin in 2013. Thank god I didn't listen to that idiot and dumped him. Most guys in that age range I've talked to simply scoff and laugh at the notion of buying any bitcoin.

I believe that you have to go down to the under-35 crowd before you start finding many people with an open mind toward Bitcoin...
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2843

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:42:44 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 01:00:33 AM by d_eddie
Merited by infofront (1)

Quote from: Poll_(moderation_policy)
(A) Delete more posts trying to steer the conversation away from Bitcoin
(B) Delete more offensive posts (nazi-related, etc.)
(C) Both of the above / general increase in moderation needed
(D) The moderation has been fine
(E) We need less moderation / pure anarchy
(F) We need a new thread moderator

I voted (D), because I know I couldn't do any better than Infofront. A thankless job, almost invisible if swiftly managed. I would also like a few more distracting posts deleted - in the direction of (B), not A or C. The problem is drawing a straight line and, more importantly, spending the energy - physical and emotional - to implement it. Calling him out is really a bit unforgiving.

Let's be honest: We all do take turns in engaging such unsavoury characters. I agree that the auto-propagation of /ignore's to direct quotes would be quite useful.

TL;DR Necessary evil. Deal with it. Use that button if you must.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2843

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:50:38 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), jbreher (5), Torque (1)

Why do all experts, whales and dickheads insist that capitulation has not occurred and cry, beg, scream, insist for lower prices?

I saw capitulation on Feb 5th!

True capitulation about 8 bleedin' weeks from an all time high? Don't be daffy.

There goes my last merit. I hope no one else posted such sensible stuff later on.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:05:53 AM

Yesterday, I had a $100 private purchase with a relative.

I know that some ACH bank transfers are free; however, after I discovered that my bank was going to charge me $3 to ACH transfer our $100 amount, we agreed to follow through with your transaction with bitcoin.

Let me say that I had done bitcoin transactions with this particular relative in the past  (I had sent him $10 when BTC prices were $385, and about a year and a half later, I had sent him $30 when the price was $420), so I knew that the relative was somewhat familiar with bitcoin, but I also knew that the relative was very doubting about bitcoin.  Therefore, I was a bit surprised that he was willing to do our transaction in bitcoin.  Before he agreed to receive the $100 in bitcoin, I made a bit of a sniping comment about his seeming lack of bitcoin enthusiasm, and I said something about him not even being able to figure out what was a bitcoin address.... hahahahhahahaha..

Anyhow, he agreed, and I sent the transaction, and I even included a bit more (sent him $105 when BTC prices were about $8,372) in order to be assured that everything was covered and he would be able to cash out with at least $100 at any time that he wanted.  Within less than 30 minutes of the transaction, he made his own sniping comment back at me and said that the BTC transaction was showing as pending as $104.81 - suggesting that it already lost value.

So I sent him back a text saying that he could cash out his bitcoin at any time and even though there are not guarantees, there remains a decent chance that at various points within the next 3 years that his received bitcoin will be worth at least 50% more than it's current value, and that there are not too many other assets that I would be comfortable making a similar kind of an assertion.  As I type this post, BTC prices are about $7,500, and the value on my wallet is showing the value of the $105 at about $106.91.

Accordingly, I conclude that my yesterday's Btc prediction to my relative was fairly conservative.  

Furthermore, with almost anyone getting into bitcoin, I feel relatively comfortable recommending at any Btc price point that they put at least 1% of their quasi-liquid investment value into bitcoin. Of course, any newbie bitcoin investor could increase that investment amount up to 10% and even though such an increased allocation would be more risky, it would not compose a very large amount of their total quasi-liquid investment capital.

Maybe some of you guys in bitcoin have been investing into bitcoin for several years, and maybe you did not put 100% into bitcoin, but you put a decent percentage, something like 5% of your initial investment into bitcoin?  But probably now the value of your bitcoin assets is in the 40% to 70% or more arena even though you may have also pulled out some or all of your initial investment?  

Is 40% to 70% allocation an Over-allocation into BTC?

I believe that my current allocation into BTC is about 75%, yet that allocation had grown to over 90% when the btc price had gone up to $19,666, even though my initial starting investment amount was in the 10% to 15% arena.

Am I Over-allocated into BTC?

My particular imbalance of value towards Btc came from Btc price appreciation over the past 2.5 years rather than from my putting that value into Btc but still doesn't seem to motivate me to want to pull out a lot of the value from Btc even when having such a volatile asset composing such a large percentage of my total does cause ongoing erratic value swings. Go figure.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:14:13 AM
Merited by jbreher (2), BobLawblaw (2)

Why do all experts, whales and dickheads insist that capitulation has not occurred and cry, beg, scream, insist for lower prices?

True capitulation about 8 bleedin' weeks from an all-time high? Don't be daffy.

There goes my last merit. I hope no one else posted such sensible stuff later on.

yeah..how does that work.... I was legendary when I got some....so confused on what happens when you spend it all?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:17:07 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

yeah..how does that work.... I was legendary when I got some....so confused on what happens when you spend it all?

You gotta earn more to spend more.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:23:21 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

True capitulation about 8 bleedin' weeks from an all-time high? Don't be daffy.

When you spend all of your sMerit, you will not be able reward any more mertis until you get more with one of the following two ways:
a) You are one of the 80 sources that get smerit replenished, so you can give out.
b)You earn 2 merits which gives you 1 sMerit to give out.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:25:45 AM
Merited by Dabs (5)

This is true. As Bitcoin continues to live on though, it will be the younger, newer generations of Average Joe that takes a chance with Bitcoin. They come into the working world with more disdain for the existing financial structure, less debt (except student loans), less skepticism of Bitcoin, less to lose and everything to gain.

Grandma and Grandpa ain't coming in droves, sorry. Grandma and Grandpa can't even afford to buy Precious Metals anymore, much less Bitcoin. Plus the MSM has mindfucked them to believe that Bitcoin is a scam.

Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense proclamation that regular Joes cannot afford bitcoin.  

They only believe that they cannot afford bitcoin, which seems to tie in with your overall point that they are being mindfucked by mainstream media.

Ultimately, you and I are likely pretty close to agreeing, and probably I am merely quibbling with the mixture of your nonsense points that are embedded into your other relatively decent points.   Tongue Tongue    Shocked

Nah, I think you are just quibbling.

Exactly... I am quibbling with your actual word choice, and I bolded such word choice in case you were to miss it. 

Grand fucking ma, buy a fraction of a bitcoin, you do not have to buy a whole bitcoin.  If you are that dumb, then you are not trying hard enough.

I still stand by what I said. With the exception of Jimbo and maybe a few other guys here over the age of 60, most I have met have zero interest in Bitcoin.

Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.   I understand the concept that there are a lot of fucking stupid people out there that don't want to know about BTC, but that correlation is not that likely to be about age rather than just being brain washed by mainstream media...

In other words, stop with your nonsensical conspiratorial generalizing about age.

They think it's a scam created by the gubmint to get everyone into their "centralized digital currency" in order to control them.

Yes, of course, that is a statement about a lot of misinformed people and not merely about age.

They don't trust it. They trust PMs more.

ditto.  NOT an age-related statement, or at least it should not be.

Plus a lot of baby boomers are just flat broke and in debt. They are spending all their money on bills and trying to enjoy life.

You are fucking crazy to be stereotyping baby boomers like that.  There are a lot of people who are broke as fuck and living paycheck to paycheck, and it is not too likely to be merely a baby boomer phenomenon.

If you go younger, in the 40-50 yr old range, you find a lot of guys that are just flat out hostile towards Bitcoin, like it threatens their very way of life or something.

O.k.. now you are going to generalize other age groups?   Roll Eyes

You should of heard the vitriol that my (former) Accountant was spewing about Bitcoin in 2013. Thank god I didn't listen to that idiot and dumped him. Most guys in that age range I've talked to simply scoff and laugh at the notion of buying any bitcoin.

Many accountants and investment advisors are going to be sticking to traditional investments.  So, yeah, it was better for you to drop someone who does not have the proper training or thinking, but it is not an "age" thing.

I believe that you have to go down to the under-35 crowd before you start finding many people with an open mind toward Bitcoin...

Yeah right Roll Eyes  Go down to 14 and you get peeps who are smart about Ethereum and ERC20 related pump and dumps.

Surely, your age slotting is not very helpful, and my response is likely going to just cause you to double-down, again, because you seem to like to argue for the mere sake of it, rather than recognizing the bullshit of your previous ideas down this age path.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:30:50 AM

Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah

Surely, your age slotting is not very helpful, and my response is likely going to just cause you to double-down, again, because you seem to like to argue for the mere sake of it, rather than recognizing the bullshit of your previous ideas down this age path.

Once again JJG, fuck off. All you ever do is try to bait people into a supposedly friendly debate, and then you fucking condescend them even when they are making perfect sense or are in the right.

And talk about spewing bullshit. 99% of your walls of crap text are bullshit.

So fuck off, I'm done ever conversing here with you again. And pls don't quote me or try start something up again. You are a buffoon. Like a clown. A court jester. A fool. Nothing more. No one takes you seriously.

Back to /ignore with you

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:32:10 AM

Quote from: Poll_(moderation_policy)
(A) Delete more posts trying to steer the conversation away from Bitcoin
(B) Delete more offensive posts (nazi-related, etc.)
(C) Both of the above / general increase in moderation needed
(D) The moderation has been fine
(E) We need less moderation / pure anarchy
(F) We need a new thread moderator

I voted (D), because I know I couldn't do any better than Infofront. A thankless job, almost invisible if swiftly managed. I would also like a few more distracting posts deleted - in the direction of (B), not A or C. The problem is drawing a straight line and, more importantly, spending the energy - physical and emotional - to implement it. Calling him out is really a bit unforgiving.

Let's be honest: We all do take turns in engaging such unsavoury characters. I agree that the auto-propagation of /ignore's to direct quotes would be quite useful.

TL;DR Necessary evil. Deal with it. Use that button if you must.

I found the new poll to be quite humorous, and to see that Infofront is interested in what the masses have to say on the topic.  He surely does a decent job with moderation, and I believe him when he says that he does spend some time deleting some posts.. but also disclosing that he does not have the power to ban.. but I would imagine that if he wanted to get someone banned, there may be some weight there for him to report some of the more abusive patterns, which many of us recognize coming from the bug...
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2755

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:33:14 AM

A bull market will not deter realr0ach. Just like a roach, he is tenacious. During a bull run, we are bound to hear the exact same arguments again and again. We will also hear much about Bitfinex painting the tape with Tethers. R0ach used to be a trader. However, I believe that he was turned off by the bullshit he perceived as happening with Bitfinex. When Bitfinex has "hacked" in late 2016, I think that was the final straw for him. Perhaps if Bitfinex would just go belly up, that would make R0ach go away. However, there are a lot more players in this space pulling some dubious shit, so I doubt it.

E.g. BitMEX that has been running its own for-profit trading subsidiary on its own platform...

Regarding realr0ach, most of you are getting to worked up over his posts.
Just grab a cold beverage of your choice and print out your own realr0ach Bingo card and follow
the thread Wink

I've known many trolls in my day and realr0ach is by far one of the more entertaining. I don't really even mind him. Look at that meme you just made, it's awesome and hilarious and it wouldn't exist without him. He's almost like our pet or something.

I agree. I find him amusing, and think it would be a little more boring here without him.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:37:47 AM

Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah

Once again JJG, fuck off. All you ever do is try to bait people into a supposedly friendly debate, and then you fucking condescend them even when they are making perfect sense or are in the right.

So fuck off, I'm done ever conversing here with you again. And pls don't quote me or try start something up again. You are a buffoon. Like a clown. A court jester. Nothing more. No one takes you seriously.

Back to /ignore with you

First of all, I am not attempting to bait anyone... You are just too fucking emotional.  

Second, I agree with a lot of your points, but sometimes you just go way the fuck out there into never never land with your pie in the sky observations, and then you double down on ridiculousness in order to attempt to make your points.  Surely, it is sad that you cannot attempt to focus yourselfie on the actual substantive points rather than feeling as if you are being personally attacked, even though sometimes comments about your sensitive personality are made, whether by me or by someone else.....

In sum, you surely do seem thin-skinned for these here interwebs.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:44:10 AM

First of all, I am not attempting to bait anyone...

Bullshit. The fact is that you only try to strike up conversation here on this thread, simply to pick a fight with someone and try to condescend them in order to somehow pump up your own ego and make yourself feel smart or important.

You've done it countless times to many people here.

How sad.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:06:21 AM

-insert dream about becoming rich via shitcoins so he can play videogames all day-

Sorry roach. That ship already sailed. I bought bitcoin @ $30, NXT @ like $0.001, Monero @ $4 and IOTA @ $0.01.

I would be rich af if I didn't take profit like it was my religion but I can still play video games all day if I want.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:16:15 AM

Bullshit. The fact is that you only try to strike up conversation here on this thread, simply to pick a fight with someone and try to condescend them in order to somehow pump up your own ego and make yourself feel smart or important.

How sad.

That's like your opinion, man, which is over-reading my actions or my motivations.

People give me shit, sometimes, too, and you don't see me go running off and crying about it.

Furthermore, if someone is attacking me personally and also making some points, I don't tend to edit their post to "blah, blah, blah" while ignoring its substance and just focusing on the poor me part.

You seem to be smart enough guy, Torque, but whether you agree with me or not, my observations are that you go into fantasy nonsensical land sometimes, and I have a right to express that opinion, even if I were to be wrong (which doesn't seem too likely... hahahahhahahaha  Cheesy Cheesy  Wink )  because of course, I am similar to you in regards to not too frequently admitting when I am wrong - because you gotta convince me, first, which is not too likely to happen.    Tongue Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:18:27 AM

First of all, I am not attempting to bait anyone... You are just too fucking emotional...
<wordy words deleted>

Fuck those charts... They were probably compiled from bcasher notes.   Angry
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 1409

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 02:22:18 AM

Is 40% to 70% allocation an Over-allocation into BTC?

I believe that my current allocation into BTC is about 75%

Yep basically thats how becoming over balanced would work out.    I generally say 1% in gold helps alot, its heavy it counter balances alot :p  but most people over estimate their free capital.  By free I mean you have it to save for like ten years as capital not money before a bill comes due.

Some dont subscribe to the idea of capital allocation and balancing so thats really upto the individual.  Taking more risky routes could pay off but the point is to avoid the risk, also thats losing some of the gains quite possibly.

If you go younger, in the 40-50 yr old range, you find a lot of guys that are just flat out hostile towards Bitcoin, like it threatens their very way of life or something. You should of heard the vitriol that my (former) Accountant was spewing about Bitcoin in 2013.

Why isnt that same person just as angry about bad accounting by central government.  The never ending monetary base expansion is self bias, since I dont operate in billions Im worse off from 'being outside'.    Do we all believe government can perfectly distribute this new money, of course it doesnt do so.

Heres a good link I saw that I think explains about how USD self funding works and inversely why Bitcoin is in demand as unbiased to a central point of failure (not that I think any system can be perfect not even gold Tongue )

https://twitter.com/WallSt_Dropout/status/981270850048577537

Grandma and Grandpa can't even afford to buy Precious Metals anymore, much less Bitcoin.
Almost anyone can buy a gram gold.  In many places its tax free, compared to the lost freedoms after ww2 we do have that going for us now.   Most dont realise gold is not especially expensive  (unless you also believe oil will be going down by half long term )  missing the above effect which is increasing as QE unravels.

BTC is wavering on the first rung of the ladder above the previous low, in April.     Not sure what to take from that except its likely forming a longer term move
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:44:34 AM
Merited by Dabs (4)

How sad.

That's like your opinion, man, which is over-reading my actions or my motivations.

O rly?

Here's a sample of how you talk to people. And this is just from the last 6 pages of your post history:

JJG's GUIDE TO WINNING FRIENDS WITH CONDESCENSION

Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense proclamation that....
If you are that dumb, then you are not trying hard enough...
I am merely quibbling with the mixture of your nonsense points....
Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration...
...rather than recognizing the bullshit of your previous ideas....
Get the fuck out of here with your nonsense proclamation that....
I just conclude that you are so much embedded into a kind of gambling mentality and you are trying to play with all or nothing strategies, too much....
Only a rookie would not safeguard his backup key...
...but one of the problems with your whole argument is....
You are setting yourself up for failure...
Who cares?  Get the fuck over it...
You are coming off as one of those...
I'm calling you out on this one...
Have you made any kind of point in your above post?...
Maybe I take the most issue with any kind of claim that the market is stagnant?...
Either interpretation of your statement makes little sense, especially if we look at actual facts...
Perhaps you are getting caught up in the weeds a bit?...
You are really beginning to come off as a crack pot...
You seem to be just making shit up...
I get the sense that you are just guessing...
Aren't some of these seasonality cycle narratives a bit ridiculous?...
Give me a break with your discussion of what you believe to be...
Get the fuck out of here with your "only thing" FUD spreading attempt nonsense...
Both of these are not very fleshed out concepts...
Below, I am going to pick apart each of the strategies...
For me, this is a bit of a nonsensical point...
You seem to be causing your own issues and drama by attempting to defend your own posting...
Pages: « 1 ... 20377 20378 20379 20380 20381 20382 20383 20384 20385 20386 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 [20427] 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 ... 33204 »
  Print  

Jump to: