April 23, 2024, 06:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 [20437] 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366571 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:10:57 AM

[edited out]

Found it in my memory card which I just connected after 3-4 years. It's surely something very old but worthy of re-sharing.

Yeah.. that stringing of name-parts was worth re-sharing, for sure. 

For some reason, I had not seen that presented previously in this thread or otherwise. 

Perhaps, I had NOT been visiting the right threads?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:14:02 AM

I find way more probability that the moon landing and some of that crap about men going to the moon to be a lot less likely to be true than the nonsense that is spouted out about the earth being flat...

Oh       my     fucking      god
you've got to be shitting me dude....

I don't see what is controversial about my statement... which part of my statement is controversial? 

my doubting of the moon landing or my confidence that the earth is not flat?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:17:43 AM

I find way more probability that the moon landing and some of that crap about men going to the moon to be a lot less likely to be true than the nonsense that is spouted out about the earth being flat...

Oh       my     fucking      god

I don't see what is controversial about my statement... which part of my statement is controversial? 

Oh I c what u did there. Different times words mean different things. When I grew up and still when I/we (my peers) say fags we mean pansies as in no balls. I couldn't care less if you hump a log or a furry.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:40:33 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

it's a money thing..those that have and those that do not...money and power concentrate...at least in uncontrolled 'crony capitalism' of the

18th century and standard oil and the Rockefellers etc....seems it is doing so quite rapidly again this decade as well...there will be backlash IMHO,

as it has 'swung' too far ..but we will see...

.. and if/when the big reset comes, there will be golden era for bitcoin and cryptos in general..

all it takes is one or few bit developed countries slowly moving towards gigantic wealth redistribution.
I cant imagine governments doing it without massive tax on rich or outright nationalization of private property and companies. + hyperinflation to cancel debts. (like Venezuela today, with some 50% weekly inflation) There were many examples in the past and its sure it will be repeated again and again.

Not to put fear in anything, but it is a war

Their made up money (controlled) against our made up money (decentralized)
War is inevitable, depends which one wins (Currency war - current, Financial war - imminent, Military - where central banks want to go)

Hard to know what to do.

The other global war going on the Information War (Propaganda/Fake News/Censorship).
To persuade you to follow the government that is going to back the right money(better be our money) is very "confusing" for the average information soldier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petro_(cryptocurrency)
https://cointelegraph.com/news/pax-crypto-russia-proposes-first-multinational-cryptocurrency-expert-blog
https://cointelegraph.com/news/member-of-chinas-main-political-advisory-proposes-national-crypto-trading-platform
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/should-australia-start-its-own-cryptocurrency/news-story/368b3f603f42337c70162cf434777ca2

Six global banks join forces to create digital currency
https://www.ft.com/content/20c10d58-8d9c-11e7-a352-e46f43c5825d

https://www.coindesk.com/2018-year-central-banks-begin-buying-cryptocurrency/

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Russia-bank-helps-Venezuela-defy-US-cryptocurrency-sanctions-482564051.html

Are they really against bitcoin or do they want you to use their crypto?

Welcome to the new wealth redistribution program

We want you for Bitcoin!

I can only imagine it....
Headline

Bitcoiners dumping hard on Central Bank crypto stocks

Another win for Bitcoin..

Hahahhaha - LOL

Fear? Are you kidding me?

when will central banks stop inflating house prices and stocks prices? why do they need to? will all confidence collapse if they stop?
If fiat/credit supply stopped growing, then house prices, stock prices, financial assets would crash significantly in value.

Governments and laws are controlled by the central banks. Bitcoin is an anti-establishment revolution that has already solidified itself worldwide.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled. It cannot be banned. It cannot be made illegal. And conversely it cannot be legalized. It just simply is. And people can always use it.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold).

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and also Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.
 Too bad all altcoins are relatively worthless!

Bitcoin's blockchain is the only unique one to provide the most security in a decentralized, global, incentivized fashion.

Popularity of Bitcoin will begin to explode with lightning in the next year.
Bitcoin's lightning network is emerging where fees will be tiny and cross-chain atomic swaps for decentralized exchange.

All other "blockchains" are more private worthless databases, my old nokia phone can do worthless databases. Other blockchains are simply scams.

Bitcoin's price will be at the very least more than 4 times (400%) of todays price in 5 years.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...
Why are altcoins relatively worthless compared to bitcoin?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
Bitcoin is on the verge of lightning network release rendering altcoins as only backup plan options if not dead.
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

For global fiat (US Dollars, Indian Rupees, Chinese Yuan, etc), the fiat bubble system broke a couple of decades ago.

Fiat around the world is forced to inflate issuance as its heavily infested, burdened and broken with (the following whether good or bad):
-inflating fiat to keep house-prices from collapsing
-inflating fiat to keep stock market rising
-financing conflicts, bombs, missiles/aircraft/embassies, and "aid"
-frivolous legal costs (systemic resources wasted on legal threats, settlements, lawsuits bogging down system)
-regulatory burden on fiat banks & system (incredibly costly, lots of labor for each $1 in circulation)
-backstopping insurance frauds
-costs of auditors and budgetors and accountants checking the same thing over in governments and businesses (& still suspect)
-big insurance loss-events
-unemployment & other welfare costs
-stabilize regions after natural disasters
-keeping monopolies with internet access and information centralized and search engine crawlers centralized
-officially sponsored "money laundering"
-backstopping credit chargebacks
-state-sponsored corruption and unofficial corruption (governments and gangs, banks and conartists)
-retirement obligations (debasement in value to keep up with payments from government or other retirement-obligations)
-fake credit (goods being transacted with credit-loss, replaced by inflation of monetary base rather than bringing perpetrators & source to justice)
-using enforcement labor to freeze accounts and assets and take away your money

Bitcoin, systemically, is free from these limitations and burdens.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4308

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:50:18 AM

doubting the moon landing...seriously, that shit is cray
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:02:37 AM

O.k... Now can we kiss and make up?

GIF or it didn't happen.
:-P

Some variation of the below gif has been used for this purpose:

Hm, a bit sloppy. I was hoping you'd provide fresh material, but whatever's ok.
Tongue

The laughing boy
He laughed so hard
He fell down from his place
The laughing girl
She laughed so hard
The tears rolled down her face

You serious bout the moon?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:07:32 AM

Perhaps it is better that we forget about it. What a phenomenal waste of money, time and talent. NASA would have been better off, and gathered much more useful science by sending umpteen unmanned missions instead.  I feel the exact same way about NASA's current project on sending a manned mission to Mars.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:30:23 AM

Perhaps it is better that we forget about it. What a phenomenal waste of money, time and talent. NASA would have been better off, and gathered much more useful science by sending umpteen unmanned missions instead.  I feel the exact same way about NASA's current project on sending a manned mission to Mars.

I like the famous anecdote about the US's phenomenal talent of wasting money. NASA engineers spent millions of dollar trying to develop a pen that could write in space, or so the story goes. Meanwhile, the soviets used pencils.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4308

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:50:08 AM

I like the famous anecdote about the US's phenomenal talent of wasting money. NASA engineers spent millions of dollar trying to develop a pen that could write in space, or so the story goes. Meanwhile, the soviets used pencils.

the famous rebuttal is that conductive graphite dust in an oxygen rich, zero G environment packed to the gills with electric contacts is a pretty bad idea.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:12:12 AM

Oh       my     fucking      god

Oh I c what u did there. Different times words mean different things. When I grew up and still when I/we (my peers) say fags we mean pansies as in no balls. I couldn't care less if you hump a log or a furry.

For me it was always about people acting in a manner that draws attention to themselves that they ought to be embarrassed about, but of course arent, because they were after all trying to draw attention to it. Southpark had it right when they said that people on loud motorcycles are fags, or more traditionally but also appropriate people who act flamboyant, or those people who wear spandex when they ride a bike or people who's cars bounce or make loud booms, those stupid eye lashes on cars, people with a "popped" collar or those stupid hats that have the bill perfectly flat and a sticker still on them from a store in the mall called "lidz". Anything that is intended to draw attention and once it does draw your attention you are like, jesus h christ I wish I never been coerced into realizing that you existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2k4Fsg11-w
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:18:35 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (4), jbreher (1), Last of the V8s (1)

hahahahahahha

That's better.

NOT!!!!

It was almost better to have that golden burger logo with cash coming first, even though many of us more insightful bitcoin normies recognize that the propaganda of the advert is working on a kind of stupid-ass subliminal message directed towards Bcash promoting

Yep showin it for what it really is bcash shillin

Bitcoin cash can literally do anything to make people think that it's the real bitcoin. Roll Eyes

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:45:51 AM

All the jew hating on here..my /ignore list is filling up! Smiley

It is all so 'silly' and such a 'generalization' to blame a group for whatever reason....

it's a money thing..those that have and those that do not...money and power concentrate...at least in uncontrolled 'crony capitalism' of the

18th century and standard oil and the Rockefellers etc....seems it is doing so quite rapidly again this decade as well...there will be backlash IMHO,

as it has 'swung' too far ..but we will see...

money has no religion ...it is all about 'power' over others to your advantage.

any other theory is just silly
Consider why the jews have been kicked out of 300 different areas in the world over the past few thousand years. What is it that makes everyone hate them. I'm sure you have an answer to share with the class, given how silly the whole thing is. There surely must be a simple and entirely rational answer.

Jesus! This damn thread!

(see what I did there?)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:49:29 AM

hahahahahahha

That's better.

NOT!!!!

It was almost better to have that golden burger logo with cash coming first, even though many of us more insightful bitcoin normies recognize that the propaganda of the advert is working on a kind of stupid-ass subliminal message directed towards Bcash promoting

You didn't understand the ad.  It is contrasting the old with the new.  Nothing to do with BCash (may it soon die in a fire).
Neo_Coin

Activity: 1204
Merit: 293

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:12:21 AM

Neo_Coin

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:18:15 AM
Merited by paxmao (2)

Shocked Shocked

Neo_Coin

"Be Your Own Bank"

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:20:50 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://cryptoslate.com/is-ibm-a-better-bet-long-term-than-bitcoin/
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:42:10 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Ah finally, another "blockchain, not Bitcoin" article. Its been a while since I've seen one of these. Can't believe people are still out there saying this, I'm already eagerly awaiting the next blockchain, not bitcoin article.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:50:11 AM

Yep, the guy who wrote the article has a lot of faith in IBM..in that Bitcoin with its Blockchain is 9+ years ahead!

Quite the headstart, don't ya know...But IBM knowing all and its centralized viewpoint that is of 'little concern' they feel I bet...

But I'm sure, IBM feels that is only a 'fair' lead time for whatever awesome blockchain they are developing,

so they are not concerned...Smiley
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:40:32 AM

I've heard that for years as well. I recently read this about it.  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-write-stuff/
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:46:55 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

You have the answer @infofront, let's change the poll Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 20387 20388 20389 20390 20391 20392 20393 20394 20395 20396 20397 20398 20399 20400 20401 20402 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 [20437] 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 20453 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: