April 19, 2024, 02:00:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 [20453] 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 20488 20489 20490 20491 20492 20493 20494 20495 20496 20497 20498 20499 20500 20501 20502 20503 ... 33276 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:39:41 PM

I came to the same conclusion. I do think we are in for a long bear market, and we won't see a new ATH by end of 2018. We might by end of 2019/2020. Who knows, we could be wrong but I highly doubt it. Something that I have been pondering is that BTC has had significantly more exposure during 2017 than it has any prior year. Now that everyone knows about Bitcoin and many people bought it, how will this affect BTC in the long term? Surely this bear market won't be similar to prior ones because of how much more exposure Bitcoin has received.

Who cares any price below ATH is a cheap price. We already experienced it many times. Even if we go full bear for the next 2-3 years, as soon as we go above 20k$ (and i know we will) you'll make at least %100 profits if you buy from these prices. Those who bought from $20k however will have to wait for $50k and its not impossible. Will probably see $100k+ after the halvening.

I agree, the Halvening will truly be an exciting event. I remember the last one, it seems like it takes a few months for the shock of a lower inflation rate to hit the market. If there are no crazy long block times or anything from now until 2020, then the halvening should happen in may 2020. End of 2020 is probably when we would see another ATH. I definitely do think $100k/coin is possible and not unreasonable. That would peg BTCs market cap at around $2 trillion which is only 1/4 of golds market cap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2406

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:46:39 PM

that is a lot of motherfucking hash

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:51:51 PM
Merited by Bitcoinaire (1)

Guys, let's get the topic back on track. All scam accusations should be in the scam accusation child forum.  Grin Grin

All we had to do is to click the report button, and get a moderator notified. No need to keep on ranting and derailing this thread which ultimately leads to a bottomless end.

Agreed. I do have a problem when the moderators tolerate folks like @realr0ach insulting Legendary members.

I warned bitcoin was in a serious bubble last December and I sincerely hope many of you got out over $18,000. We already had the dead cat bounce (great short entry at $15,000) and we are now under a daily Death Cross which is the final confirmation of a bear market:

Any bounce up this month is a bull trap IMO and should be used to raise cash or short. I don't believe we will see the final capitulation until end of this year. Point of maximum pain has not been reached yet and best time to buy is when "there is blood in the streets". I do believe that long term bitcoin will do just fine but expecting a new ATH before the middle to end of 2019 is very low probability. Like unicorn sighting low probability. Sorry about that.

Take trading advice here and confirm with your own analysis. Learn Ichimoku Cloud, Fibonacci, 50/200 daily moving averages/RSI and learn to make your own trading decisions. You don't become a profitable trader in one month for most it takes at least a year with guidance from a mentor. Most new traders get wiped out and quit if they are on their own.

In the future I will be posting any important bitcoin analysis or trading set ups on my own website. I have not devoted much time to it lately (too busy trading) but that will change.

I came to the same conclusion. I do think we are in for a long bear market, and we won't see a new ATH by end of 2018. We might by end of 2019/2020. Who knows, we could be wrong but I highly doubt it. Something that I have been pondering is that BTC has had significantly more exposure during 2017 than it has any prior year. Now that everyone knows about Bitcoin and many people bought it, how will this affect BTC in the long term? Surely this bear market won't be similar to prior ones because of how much more exposure Bitcoin has received.

You gotta factor in adoption

it has never happened before

Now banks, countries and companies are making crypto

Enjoy the bear market

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:55:15 PM

In which basket will you throw the fact that the FBI claims Nicola Tesla was an alien.
Will you accept it as fact or call the fbi conspiracy theorist creators.
https://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla/Nikola%20Tesla%20Part%2003%20of%2003/view

What ? OP is certainly a bundle of sticks...

* Reads the PDF *

To be fair, it does appear to be a newsletter from some fringe group that was added to the dossier.

Thanks for taking the time.

I got as far as "Tesla, one of the worlds outstanding scientists in the electrical field.... He conducted many experiments in connection with the wireless transmission of electrical power"

Correct. This is something that was very interesting, power grids in the sky. Tesla was a genius in his time. But that scared people. No wonder if after he died some fame grabbers called him an alien or a magician charlatan. Right. Funny because right now we are again looking at the possibility of harnessing power from the air.

Would a knowledgeable "alien" need to fumble around in the dark with thousands of experiments some successful some not?
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:56:23 PM

bitcoin just had a 14.7% difficulty change upwards. that's the biggest since january. there sure is a lot of firepower out there somewhere.

The difficulty increased by 634 billion which is the largest increase in the history of bitcoin. The increase in this period alone is nearly equal to the entire network difficulty 1 year ago.

It probably has something to do with this:

https://adclair.com/gmo-introduced-a-new-miner-that-will-take-the-market-from-bitmane/
https://twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/1003908868114509824

Or this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3359468.20;topicseen (S11's)

Bitcoin has become a war
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:38:43 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

bitcoin just had a 14.7% difficulty change upwards. that's the biggest since january. there sure is a lot of firepower out there somewhere.

The difficulty increased by 634 billion which is the largest increase in the history of bitcoin. The increase in this period alone is nearly equal to the entire network difficulty 1 year ago.

It probably has something to do with this:

https://adclair.com/gmo-introduced-a-new-miner-that-will-take-the-market-from-bitmane/
https://twitter.com/ynakamura56/status/1003908868114509824

Or this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3359468.20;topicseen (S11's)

Bitcoin has become a war

Bitcoin is the weapon that started the that will end the currency war

You could go back as far as nixon and the gold standard to see the beginning of the currency war even then again just after world war 2.

Remember you do not invade 80 countries in over 70 years because your citizens want you to overthrow that "Inhumane" regime.

You do not tell your citizens you want the currency changed and this is why we are invading.

As bitcoin is a main competitor they will throw everything at it, and have been for a while now
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:44:28 PM

no need from my point of view, as one way or another BTC price is not affected.

there is plenty of evidence around if you look for it. believing it is up to the individual. depends on ones technical understanding of the tech and your belief in the sources.

I think that part of my point is that moon landing and other topics such as the official story behind the twin tower and DC attacks of 9/11/2001, who was behind the JFK assassination and other topics have decently credible evidence on both sides.. There is almost NO decently credible evidence that the earth is flat.

ive seen a bit of the "fake moon landing" stuff. shadows in odd directions, flag staying horizontal, the rock with a prop number, camera button too small, such like that. all were debunked once you know the real reasons for such "discrepancies."

unless theres much more recent stuff to "prove" otherwise, the moon landing being real is a done deal for me.

btw i watched the 1st moon landing in a telescope with my dad in the back yard. cant say we saw much however Smiley

Sure... it seems as if 6 manned landings does provide for more evidence that manned moon landings actually did take place.  So, yeah, if that stuff was faked, then there would habe been a whole hell-of-a lot of theatrics to pull it off. 

I am not really very attached to the moon landing topic, but I can appreciate ways in which any kinds of conspiracy and theories of truth can be connected with benefits of an immutable blockchain that could help to bring some truth to power - even though the powers that be are not likely to let go of their various propaganda machines at any point in the near future, and accordingly, similar to the internet, but likely more profound, bitcoin is likely to deliver a decently sized check on several mainstream propaganda systems.
CookieFactory

Activity: 118
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:47:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Guys, let's get the topic back on track. All scam accusations should be in the scam accusation child forum.  Grin Grin

All we had to do is to click the report button, and get a moderator notified. No need to keep on ranting and derailing this thread which ultimately leads to a bottomless end.

Agreed. I do have a problem when the moderators tolerate folks like @realr0ach insulting Legendary members.

I warned bitcoin was in a serious bubble last December and I sincerely hope many of you got out over $18,000. We already had the dead cat bounce (great short entry at $15,000) and we are now under a daily Death Cross which is the final confirmation of a bear market:

Any bounce up this month is a bull trap IMO and should be used to raise cash or short. I don't believe we will see the final capitulation until end of this year. Point of maximum pain has not been reached yet and best time to buy is when "there is blood in the streets". I do believe that long term bitcoin will do just fine but expecting a new ATH before the middle to end of 2019 is very low probability. Like unicorn sighting low probability. Sorry about that.

Take trading advice here and confirm with your own analysis. Learn Ichimoku Cloud, Fibonacci, 50/200 daily moving averages/RSI and learn to make your own trading decisions. You don't become a profitable trader in one month for most it takes at least a year with guidance from a mentor. Most new traders get wiped out and quit if they are on their own.

In the future I will be posting any important bitcoin analysis or trading set ups on my own website. I have not devoted much time to it lately (too busy trading) but that will change.

How do you reconcile that historically a death cross in Bitcoin has signaled a bottom rather than further downside?
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:51:22 PM

no need from my point of view, as one way or another BTC price is not affected.

there is plenty of evidence around if you look for it. believing it is up to the individual. depends on ones technical understanding of the tech and your belief in the sources.

I think that part of my point is that moon landing and other topics such as the official story behind the twin tower and DC attacks of 9/11/2001, who was behind the JFK assassination and other topics have decently credible evidence on both sides.. There is almost NO decently credible evidence that the earth is flat.

ive seen a bit of the "fake moon landing" stuff. shadows in odd directions, flag staying horizontal, the rock with a prop number, camera button too small, such like that. all were debunked once you know the real reasons for such "discrepancies."

unless theres much more recent stuff to "prove" otherwise, the moon landing being real is a done deal for me.

btw i watched the 1st moon landing in a telescope with my dad in the back yard. cant say we saw much however Smiley

Sure... it seems as if 6 manned landings does provide for more evidence that manned moon landings actually did take place.  So, yeah, if that stuff was faked, then there would habe been a whole hell-of-a lot of theatrics to pull it off.  

I am not really very attached to the moon landing topic, but I can appreciate ways in which any kinds of conspiracy and theories of truth can be connected with benefits of an immutable blockchain that could help to bring some truth to power - even though the powers that be are not likely to let go of their various propaganda machines at any point in the near future, and accordingly, similar to the internet, but likely more profound, bitcoin is likely to deliver a decently sized check on several mainstream propaganda systems.

...."even though the powers that be are not likely to let go of their various propaganda machines"...

True but it is currently been takin away from them, already happening

..."By the end of the decade we will walk on the moon"...

They sure were running out of time to keep that statement, I wonder if they pulled out all the tricks to make sure 1969 moon landing happened.

would be very embarrassing if it did not happen with all that wasted taxpayer money
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1849
Merit: 2819

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:57:33 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

This is incredible indeed. The revenue for a single s9 asic dropped to 0.00072BTC per day, around $5.47 at the moment. These beasts consume 1370W, so the profit is much less now. Wu and his buddy Ver are desparately pumping beecash with the  hope to attract noobs with fake profit promisses. I am astonished that there are so many naiive people to trust them with their money. Anyway, under these circumstances even if bitcoin's price continues sideways or bart-style jumps and drops in June-July, in August-December we will see quite a spectacular increase IMO.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:00:10 PM

[edited out]

ok Jay I will clarify...

your statement and "I find way more probability that the moon landing and some of that crap about men going to the moon to be a lot less likely to be true than the nonsense that is spouted out about the earth being flat”

paraphrased....is you believe moon landings are less likely to be true than a flat earth....  amirite?

Nope.  Apparently we have a misunderstanding because I was attempting to say the opposite.  I was attempting to say that the falseness of the moonlandings would be more likely than the falseness of flat earth theories.  Thanks for clarifying and sorry for my ambiguity.

Exactly how am I taking that out of context or misunderstanding you?

Doesn't matter.   I am not a flat earther, and if you just take one badly worded statement and try to blow it up rather than clarify, then you just seem to be stirring shit.

Or did you misspeak and actually  mean that the moon landings are MORE likely to be true than a flat earth?

That is another way of putting it.  Yes.

Your next statement .... quote "By the way, a faking of the moon landing is not even close to the same level of flat earth loony beliefs" unquote ...

is kind of silly because both positions are binary.  You either believe men landed on the moon or you don't. and you either believe the earth is flat or not.

I don't think so.  It is true that something of the past either happened or it did not happen, but it is not true that a person's belief about something happening is black and white 100%...  There is various levels of convincing evidence to make something true in someone's thinking or not, even though the truthfulness of something happening or not may be a lot more concrete. hello?  What world do you live in?

There are no levels of lunacy.

we disagree.

Now I suppose you could take  the  loony position on the one (the moon landings were faked) and the obvious position(the earth is not flat.... duhhh) on the other,

Nothing wrong with taking that position, and who the fuck cares about my opinion anyhow? It does not matter that much in terms of whether the events happened or the phenomenon is true, except if we are connecting such beliefs with something else.  There are a whole hell-of-a lot more luny beliefs than mine, so I am comfortable with my current belief situation, while being open to learning, too.

but that would be analogous  to a Creationist who believes the Talking Snake,  Adam and Eve  bible story as totally factual but thinks The Noah’s Ark tale is complete bullshit.

Those are decent examples in which there may be truth in some aspects of the stories, but there are also various interpretations too... so yeah, either the snake talked or it did not and either noah's ark happened or it didn't... but the opinions of people are going to vary considerably.... For me, seems like a lot of bullshit in each of those three tales, even though there could be some aspects that are based on some kind of truths of real events (likely stretches of the truth... but whatever).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:02:13 PM

If I'm not wrong, this is the lowest start of week we've had in the current trend. We might be in for a local minimum in the weekend. No SOMA this time.

Oh shit... pee pare ur selfies.    Shocked
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:03:12 PM

In which basket will you throw the fact that the FBI claims Nicola Tesla was an alien.
Will you accept it as fact or call the fbi conspiracy theorist creators.
https://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla/Nikola%20Tesla%20Part%2003%20of%2003/view

What ? OP is certainly a bundle of sticks...

* Reads the PDF *

To be fair, it does appear to be a newsletter from some fringe group that was added to the dossier.

Thanks for taking the time.

I got as far as "Tesla, one of the worlds outstanding scientists in the electrical field.... He conducted many experiments in connection with the wireless transmission of electrical power"

Correct. This is something that was very interesting, power grids in the sky. Tesla was a genius in his time. But that scared people. No wonder if after he died some fame grabbers called him an alien or a magician charlatan. Right. Funny because right now we are again looking at the possibility of harnessing power from the air.

Would a knowledgeable "alien" need to fumble around in the dark with thousands of experiments some successful some not?

You cannot make this stuff up

Uncle John Trump worked on the FBI Tesla files (found this last year)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Trump

Dont go much into infowars but found this interesting when he started talking about "Free Energy"
Published on 5 Jun 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRD3Xb2pcVQ

about 3 minutes 30 onwards

The fact remains

Something is Hidden...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:09:02 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

Bitcoin, Futures, and the Ghost of Gold A forecast for bitcoin if it follows the post-futures cycle of gold.

+1WOmerit. Good article.

I always believed futures would kill bitcoin, and the graphs proved it, even with the bear market being inevitable.

But this article refutes it very well. Since bitcoin moves faster than gold, we should not worry too much.

I am not sure if I understand your point, fabiorem.  It seems that the article supports a kind of theory that increasing financialization to an asset such as gold (and subsequently bitcoin) might bring some short term fall in price, yet overall causes the market to multiply stupendously.  Accordingly, the overall theme of the article seems to show that increased financialization of bitcoin is likely to bring a decently-sized upward explosion in the bitcoin market and market cap - even if it could take some time to play out (and perhaps even if some of the fundamentals are different between gold and bitcoin). 

By the way, fundamentally, bitcoin seems to be superior to gold, so perhaps the upward explosion of bitcoin would be greater than gold, but still could take many years to play out... 5-10 years would not be unreasonable.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:10:50 PM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Right now, $7615 is acting as support while $7645 is acting as resistance, next 24 hours will be very interesting to stare at Bitfinex.

Gold is isolated from direct factors of economic growth but silver is an industrial metal

Gold is an industrial metal too. It is inside of almost every electronic device there is.

Correct. I bought a little bit of it a few months back to have more bitcoin. Grin

...and it worked out!

...this is what I was talking about: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Power/Plug-Type/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020092-NA

Gold power supply is more efficient than silver (and of course more expensive), so I bought the one with gold rating and Ethereum GPU mining worked out pretty good with it.

Using silver instead of gold within a power supply makes the power supply less efficient.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:16:47 PM

I did not do anything beyond making a response to a previous post, and an attempted clarification of my posts.  Because of your own inner focused delusions, you seem to trying to read more into the situation than exists.  In other words, just stirring shit....

Or just seeing ghosts as in the italicized. Tongue

I have been having a med balancing issue. Smiley

Rosanne Barr, is that you?

I'll take this opportunity to apologize for anyone that I may have offended, I sometimes fly off the handle, incoherently to others that do not have my context. Usually the lack of punctuation and run-ons are a dead giveaway. Tongue

Oh sure... Apologizing is the proper thing to do if you conclude that you may have gone too far, or if you are not sure about whether you went too far.... So fair enough... Yet, in the same light, if you are having some of these kinds of issues, then you may want to post less frequently during those kinds of periods, perhaps?  Ultimately, it is up to you to decide how frequently to post and what to post.. I do think that everyone should attempt to be aware of his/her own medication limitations, if they are present, though.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:17:28 PM

^that is a lot of motherfucking hash  Wink
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9471

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

Mannnnnnn, do something bitcoin.

Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:23:20 PM

the bad kind, I remember those days

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

Mannnnnnn, do something bitcoin.

LOL, it just did... something.

Pages: « 1 ... 20403 20404 20405 20406 20407 20408 20409 20410 20411 20412 20413 20414 20415 20416 20417 20418 20419 20420 20421 20422 20423 20424 20425 20426 20427 20428 20429 20430 20431 20432 20433 20434 20435 20436 20437 20438 20439 20440 20441 20442 20443 20444 20445 20446 20447 20448 20449 20450 20451 20452 [20453] 20454 20455 20456 20457 20458 20459 20460 20461 20462 20463 20464 20465 20466 20467 20468 20469 20470 20471 20472 20473 20474 20475 20476 20477 20478 20479 20480 20481 20482 20483 20484 20485 20486 20487 20488 20489 20490 20491 20492 20493 20494 20495 20496 20497 20498 20499 20500 20501 20502 20503 ... 33276 »
  Print  

Jump to: