April 19, 2024, 08:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20564 20565 20566 20567 20568 20569 20570 20571 20572 20573 20574 20575 20576 20577 20578 20579 20580 20581 20582 20583 20584 20585 20586 20587 20588 20589 20590 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 [20614] 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364473 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:34:20 PM

Nope..this is as good as it gets for awhile from what I see. #dyor

Little exit pump before the daily close...maybe. Seems the algo's are getting smarter and moving opposite indicated market direction. Welcome to the Dungeon of Despair everyone..  Roach..turn off the lights when you leave.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:37:45 PM

Nope..this is as good as it gets for awhile from what I see. #dyor

Little exit pump before the daily close...maybe. Seems the algo's are getting smarter and moving opposite indicated market direction. Welcome to the Dungeon of Despair everyone..  Roach..turn off the lights when you leave.

That might be the most ominous post I've seen from you.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:48:46 PM

Sidechains in theory are great, but there is an unsolved problem of getting value out of them and back into BTC.
So at the moment they are almost useless.

Utterly preposterous. I can't even begin to rationalize that train of thought.

You get your value out of it by opening / closing channels, acquiring something you desire via micropayment, or becoming an efficient router.

I mean, am I surrounded by fucking BCash morons today ?

Lol, I'm a Lightning fan.... I'm talking about SIDECHAINS you fucking moron Smiley

"unsolved problem of getting value out of them and back into BTC"
this is only a problem for greedy monsters who need to traffic humans around the world

so this "money" is the unsolved problem
Always you central thinkers with your money

sidechains will always be the solution, the developer himself saw it
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:51:51 PM

Even if so: LN is by design centralized.

This is the big fallacy. Bro, Lightning Network does't make bBitcoin centralized because Lightning Network ISN'T BITCOIN.
So it's not bitcoin being moved around?

Sorry you are right. FTFY
Is that a yes or no?

Well it's a yes to my original statement but once I revised my statement it became a question that doesn't apply to what I'm saying. But uh yes, it does move around small letter b bitcoin. So do I if I hand a funded open dime to my friend, that doesn't make me a force for centralization in the big B Bitcoin network.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 08:54:40 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

That's ok. Everybody's merits are worth more now. Smiley
You'd be surprised the number of merits that have been sent to deleted posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1762404 (check the received section)

Smiley
When it's financially worthwhile to do so, someone will get together the required processing power and buy off the proper authorities and make an honest attempt to steal segwit coins. Whether it succeeds or fails, it will be a big blow to the faith people have in the system (bitcoin in all its forms, authorities, moneyed people (us, even if simply by association)).
But in what scenario would this be viable? Perhaps, if we're at a situation where Bitcoin is seconded by another coin with the same mining algorithm, it would be a way to 'surpass' it (provided the ones doing the takeover had a large enough investment in the second) but this seems like an unlikely event.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:55:52 PM

This is the big fallacy. Bro, Lightning Network does't make bBitcoin centralized because Lightning Network ISN'T BITCOIN.

Is that a yes or no?

Well it's a yes to my original statement but once I revised my statement it became a question that doesn't apply to what I'm saying.

Lightning network (like a credit card system) is the idea of large nodes inclusive of fees and mining working the chain and little nodes assisting in confirming it all (akin to satoshi's idea)
Analogy - Credit cards/paypal/etc on top of banking chain

The problem with lightning is who has the big nodes

decentralization is the key (the nodes or replace with sidechains instead)
whilst distributed lightning network is designed to centralize and control

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:58:39 PM

Alright look guys. This whole bcash shill thing needs to stop. It has become an automatic reaction for some of you. Kind of like how SJWs call everyone nazis.

There is a simple test for these things. If you can't say something positive about your opponents, then you are the ideologue. Let's have a group exercise this morning. Say something nice about bcashers.

Get the fuck out of here with that "nice" talk.   Angry Angry

*cough* fag *cough*

Bitcoin headed to $1000, tons of altcoins are going to disappear up their own ass and the next set of altcoins (bitcoin included) will depend on what exchange emerge strong.

Since really every person was talking about Bitcoin during the last Bullrun, I think there is too much weight on it in order to have the crazy and relentless growth we saw the last time.

My guess: And established modern Altcoin could overtake Bitcoin easily with the next crypto bull run.

You must be like the thousandth person to say that

something original could be better

Wasn't this the same point about the last run too?  We had the flippening, the cashening, the rippling, the dashening.. and perhaps some other pump and dump lame shitcoin bitcoin is dead prognostications.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:02:22 PM

Alright look guys. This whole bcash shill thing needs to stop. It has become an automatic reaction for some of you. Kind of like how SJWs call everyone nazis.

There is a simple test for these things. If you can't say something positive about your opponents, then you are the ideologue. Let's have a group exercise this morning. Say something nice about bcashers.

Get the fuck out of here with that "nice" talk.   Angry Angry

*cough* fag *cough*

Bitcoin headed to $1000, tons of altcoins are going to disappear up their own ass and the next set of altcoins (bitcoin included) will depend on what exchange emerge strong.

Since really every person was talking about Bitcoin during the last Bullrun, I think there is too much weight on it in order to have the crazy and relentless growth we saw the last time.

My guess: And established modern Altcoin could overtake Bitcoin easily with the next crypto bull run.

You must be like the thousandth person to say that

something original could be better

Wasn't this the same point about the last run too?  We had the flippening, the cashening, the rippling, the dashening.. and perhaps some other pump and dump lame shitcoin bitcoin is dead prognostications.

They are actually (whatever you want to call them) deep state funded central banker intelligence backed cia attacks

Started back with the very first ddos attack on this forum

Then the hacks

The altcoin war

Big block debate

Forked coins bcash

and Gavin Andreesssseeenn and his cronies on here behind it all

only a few bad actors
etc etc etc

The question will always remain and very important in any argument

Why is bitcoin being attacked?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

Is that a yes or no?

Well it's a yes to my original statement but once I revised my statement it became a question that doesn't apply to what I'm saying.

Lightning network (like a credit card system) is the idea of large nodes inclusive of fees and mining working the chain and little nodes assisting in confirming it all (akin to satoshi's idea)

It's a permissionless system. The nodes are anyone who wants to be a node. You can be a node if you want. How big those nodes need to be depends on how low of a fee users want. Individuals will have to make that choice. It will be a trade off. Do they want a smaller fee and a bigger node or a bigger fee and a smaller node or a few smaller nodes. I will probably be a power user, I will probably have several open channels to medium or small nodes. Some starving pleb in Venezuela will probably have one open channel to coinbase or some big entity because he will need absolute best value and will be willing to sacrifice anything to scrape a few pennies. The average trade off selected by users will be a function of the demand for transactions and the progression of technology (assuming the bitcoin community is willing to increase the block size as technology improves, I for one support this).
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:06:17 PM

Is that a yes or no?

It's a permissionless system. The nodes are anyone who wants to be a node. You can be a node if you want. How big those nodes need to be depends on how low of a fee users want. Individuals will have to make that choice. It will be a trade off. Do they want a smaller fee and a bigger node or a bigger fee and a smaller node or a few smaller nodes. That trade off will be a function of the demand for transactions and the progression of technology (assuming the bitcoin community is willing to increase the block size as technology improves, I for one support this).

Give me enough money and I have no care for your bitcoin blockchain

I will own all the nodes

"Referencing Rothschild on the banking system and government"
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:08:54 PM

I will own all the nodes

You can own all of the nodes if you want but that wont help you to attack the network. The moment you begin doing nefarious things users will open channels with someone who is not doing nefarious things and the network will very quickly self heal from your attack.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:13:53 PM

I've abandoned all hope. It's remarkable. I finally feel nothing.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:16:35 PM
Merited by jbreher (1)

I've abandoned all hope. It's remarkable. I finally feel nothing.

That's good. Hope is inherently an anti-rational concept. It's good for religion and entertainment but no place for it in the pursuit of financial success. The real trick will be to try not to re-acquire it when this thing turns bull market.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

I will own all the nodes

You can own all of the nodes if you want but that wont help you to attack the network. The moment you begin doing nefarious things users will open channels with someone who is not doing nefarious things and the network will very quickly self heal from your attack.

Whats to attack
I have just turned the blockchain into a central bank, all transactions run through my nodes
cheap or expensive

Need to make sure I can then eliminate the competition and bully (fake attack on media companies and news) others to support my cause

1) put in my own politicians
2) buy the media
3) support tax and inflation to pay for my wars
4) change laws to get rid of the little guys
5) corrupt the public to fight against themselves with Racism, Sexism and any ism you like

etc etc etc

hey come along, wanna build a new world order
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:32:46 PM

Words have meanings. I am not renumerated by others for my BCH advocacy. Accordingly, I am not a shill.

Language changes news at eleven. Have you not noticed, you silly old fossil?

Lotsa the young now use 'shill' to mean 'advocate' or 'adherent' and they use 'paid shill' to mean that insult that scares you so, the older-fashioned 'shill'.

I am a bitcoin shill. You are a shitcoin shill. Deal with it lol.
He is, however, profiting from doing so, which is an indirect form of shilling.

That's not the problem. The problem is that a lot of you use it simply as a catch-all to shut people up.

Again no. It is your problem not 'the' problem. You don't like it, fine, good, but own it, say 'my problem'.
I don't happen to agree, as I reckon we would all be better off if the language police could fuck off and leave us to shutting a lot more people the fuck up by whatever means necessary.

Hahahahaha... yeah... you go V8!!!!  

We shut them up with good ole fashion logic and facts, and since they are nutjob and disingenuous trolls (redundant I know), that is NOT likely to work, therefore we do NOT disarm ourselves.. and resort to by hook or by crook.  Exactamente.  Civility would just end up disarming anyone dealing with peeps (bcashers, BIG blocker nutjobs, and bitcoin bashers) who fail and refuse to recognize facts and logic.

Words have meanings. I am not renumerated by others for my BCH advocacy. Accordingly, I am not a shill.

Lotsa the young now use 'shill' to mean 'advocate' or 'adherent' and they use 'paid shill' to mean that insult that scares you so, the older-fashioned 'shill'.

That's not the problem. The problem is that a lot of you use it simply as a catch-all to shut people up.

You are coming off as delusional Ibian.   I have no problem if folks are presenting contrary facts, but if they are paid shills and trolls they tend to act disingenuously and knowingly present false information and distorted logic.  Thus, they deserve to be shut down, when they are NOT even trying to contribute to discussion, even if they are providing negative information (assuming that were presenting negative information without attempting to mislead and deceive).
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 09:36:27 PM
Merited by jbreher (1)

Just had to post...

mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:49:44 PM

Again no. It is your problem not 'the' problem. You don't like it, fine, good, but own it, say 'my problem'.
I don't happen to agree, as I reckon we would all be better off if the language police could fuck off and leave us to shutting a lot more people the fuck up by whatever means necessary.

Hahahahaha... yeah... you go V8!!!!  

We shut them up with good ole fashion logic and facts, and since they are nutjob and disingenuous trolls (redundant I know), that is NOT likely to work, therefore we do NOT disarm ourselves.. and resort to by hook or by crook.  Exactamente.  Civility would just end up disarming anyone dealing with peeps (bcashers, BIG blocker nutjobs, and bitcoin bashers) who fail and refuse to recognize facts and logic.

You are coming off as delusional Ibian.   I have no problem if folks are presenting contrary facts, but if they are paid shills and trolls they tend to act disingenuously and knowingly present false information and distorted logic.  Thus, they deserve to be shut down, when they are NOT even trying to contribute to discussion, even if they are providing negative information (assuming that were presenting negative information without attempting to mislead and deceive).

Interesting collection of members
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:52:15 PM

The point is that people who come in here criticizing Bitcoin for being somehow broken, or not working as intended, when the exact *opposite* is true, do need to be told to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

For all the good it will do.

NelsonMuntzHaha.png
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:53:23 PM

Just a few short months and we can look back fondly, saying, "Damn, those were some cheap coins".
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:54:01 PM

For the current leg, and I repeat myself yet again, why was segwit better than simply doubling the blocksize? Nobody seems willing to explain that bit, for whatever reason.

Answer why doubling the block size is even needed at this point in time. With actual logic and facts to back your argument.

Because using LN requires opening channels on chain. To do this in a decentralized fashion, LN can onboard no more than several hunnert thousand peeps per day.
Pages: « 1 ... 20564 20565 20566 20567 20568 20569 20570 20571 20572 20573 20574 20575 20576 20577 20578 20579 20580 20581 20582 20583 20584 20585 20586 20587 20588 20589 20590 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 [20614] 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: