March 28, 2024, 01:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 [20641] 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 ... 33203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336455 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 05:37:38 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 08:31:38 AM by Elwar

Big jump in price coming in 5....

Edit: nvm...usually goes up when I get a big order on LBC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:33:11 AM

Blah blah blah more garbage ramblings

A poor and witless man[lad] will protect his ego before he will protect his Bitcoins.

Yes... everyone do what troll anunymint suggests, and that way your coins will be safe.. panic, everyone.

Why do you care where other people keep their coins? In twenty words or less.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:46:03 AM

I changed my mind.  0.5.1 is the one true Bitcoin.  All transactions and transfers after 0.5.1 are invalid.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 07:22:49 AM

Thusly, any increase in block size which decreases Bitcoin’s security and violates its immutability which forms its Nash equilibrium that sustains its security, is scamming. Sorry to say my friend @jbreher.

The commonly-understood definition of 'scam' includes an intent to defraud. Your definition seems to differ.

How do we prove intent? Are we mind readers? It’s much easier to conclude fraud that did not have complete disclosure of the material facts is a scam. That is how the SEC defines it.

Do we see Core disclosing these material facts? Nope.

Do we see Bcash disclosing these material facts? No. Instead they try to pretend (by not disclosing otherwise) that the legacy chain is dead and Bcash is the descendant of the legacy protocol, but with bigger blocks. The even have the audacity to use the Bitcoin name. But Core is more scammy by even claiming they are Bitcoin.

Everyone is trying to steal Bitcoin’s network effect. But they will all fail, because Satoshi designed an immune system, Nash equilibrium into the immutable real Bitcoin protocol. Note the game theory is what is immutable. Apparently P2PKH did not change the game theory and thus is allowed into the immutable protocol.

Proof-of-work was not designed for transaction volume scalability. Period. It was designed to disintermediate politics and usher in a new world reserve currency (in an approximation of John Nash’s Ideal Money manifesto) surreptitiously through the backdoor of nation-state jurisdictional arbitrage.

BCH is not a surreptitious attack as is Core. Yet it is attempting to mislead and not make full disclosure.

More importantly, you seem to want to lose $millions of BTC by chasing marketing hype. I hope you realize the importance of Satoshi’s protocol. The importance of Bitcoin as a reserve currency and not an insecure transaction scalability coin.

Ostensibly you’re trying to regain BTC that was lost in the past to scammers. You’re ostensibly trying to find a way to gain leverage. Okay that was accomplished already when Bcash went to the $3000+ after I was screaming to buy it at $300 on these forums a week before it blasted off. I hope you cashed out to Satoshi’s protocol and do not push your luck too far.

Bcash is run by incompetents. Oh god that Bitcoin.com wallet really sucks. Bcash’s main feature is lower transaction fees with larger blocks, but much lower security because it does not have the most hashrate. And when some non-proof-of-work altcoin technology comes along that provides better security (than a low hashrate proof-of-work, not better than the one proof-of-work chain to rule them all) and true mathematical transaction scalability with negligible fees, then Bcash will be toast.

Shared with you friend because I really do not want you to lose Bitcoin.

You re good in detecting some shortages, but never get your hands dirty with own PoW.

If you say ppl are incompetent, but you cannot show better own work, who really is?

If you think some wallets are crap, why not building better ones?

Bitcoin is not Nash Money, nor runs in a ideal Nash Equilibrium.

Theory is done by human, but does not fit reality - don't run into a church.

Bitcoin is only ideal scarce, IFF other blockchains are not needed any more.

Don't allow others (even no bridges to LTC,...)

But we have other issues to see, thats competition against FED, BIS and gov.

How would you win if you just do nothing against all these KNOWN issues?

Where are the hidden?

Do sth?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:30:33 AM

v0.6.0 = beginning of egregious Core centralization cruft hijacking including the autoupdate

Sorry, there is no autoupdate feature in 0.6.0 or any other version. (A PPA is completely outside the code and thus not an autoupdate) I was willing to put up with your shit until you went too far. Welcome to my very small /ignore.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:49:50 AM

v0.6.0 = beginning of egregious Core centralization cruft hijacking including the autoupdate

Sorry, there is no autoupdate feature in 0.6.0 or any other version. (A PPA is completely outside the code and thus not an autoupdate) I was willing to put up with your shit until you went too far. Welcome to my very small /ignore.

They’re pitching the PPA. Marketing. As well we saw this forum pushing Core updates prominently reminding users to update to the latest scamware. Because Core had hijacked the forum and deluded Theymos. But maybe by now he has come to his senses.

Why the fuck do you care? This thread always attracts the worlds loneliest people.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:09:55 AM

You have convinced me.  I need to run the version from November 2010 when Satoshi was still involved. What version was that?  Because that’s obviously the one true Bitcoin.

Sorry guys any transactions after 2010 are invalid. Anyone that says otherwise is just a Core shill.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 08:46:40 AM

They’re pitching the PPA. Marketing. As well we saw this forum pushing Core updates prominently reminding users to update to the latest scamware. Because Core had hijacked the forum and deluded Theymos. But maybe by now he has come to his senses.

You’re attempting (but failing to) use the tactics that the liar Gregory Maxwell used on this forums when he used to have the reigns. He would try to embarrass someone and twist technological arguments to assert that Core was of superior knowledge and capabilities. Lol. Superior at adding trojan horse scamware cruft.

I'm copacetic that you will not be replying since I am on your Ignore list.

Why the fuck do you care?

You don’t care about disclosure when scammers try to convince n00bs to lose their real Bitcoin?

Do you want Bitcoin to be a political clusterfuck scamware or a reserve currency with a secure Nash equilibrium.

Bitcoin is not Nash Money, nor runs in a ideal Nash Equilibrium.

Theory is done by human, but does not fit reality - don't run into a church.

I dare you to hodl non-legacy Core addresses to prove how incorrect you are. Are you willing to stand your ground and risk your entire wealth?

Come on don't be a chickenshit. If you can dish it out, then you can walk your talk.

I’m not going to recapitulate the economics 101 lesson for you. I already provided the link to that discussion, but I think you will not get it anyway even if you read it.

The only religion going on here, is the belief that democracy, users, and transaction volume scalability matters for Bitcoin’s exclusive role as the coming world reserve currency.

Btw, I was forced to use that fucking piece-of-shit Bitcoin.com BCH wallet recently because I needed to spend some cryptocurrency to some websites that only accept Bitpay (if paying anonymously) and Bitpay has that new fucking address system that is supposed to protect n00bs and forces one to use a non-standard wallet. And that was the only one of the wallet shit I could quickly install on my smartphone to complete a fucking payment. Should not be so damn hard. Most people would give up right there. Then the wallet itself does not function properly. Only with trial and error did I figure out how to work around the bugs in the wallet. How can Roger Ver release such shit. Can’t he afford a decent programmer.

Bitcoin is only ideal scarce, IFF other blockchains are not needed any more.

Don't allow others (even no bridges to LTC,...)

Incorrect. There can only be one chain with 100% security because it has the most hashrate.

Moreover, there can only be one reserve unit-of-account because Economics 101. The Schelling point is towards the one with the greatest security. Because (and I repeat myself) the wealthy need most is to not lose their wealth.

Due to Gresham’s law, the reserve currency will not circulate (and no the circulating dollar is not the world reserve currency, rather it is US Treasury bonds denominated in dollars). Thus all the circulating altcoins are fractional reserves of the real Bitcoin unit-of-account reserve currency.

But we have other issues to see, thats competition against FED, BIS and gov.

How would you win if you just do nothing against all these KNOWN issues?

That’s not competition. They have no chance in hell against real Bitcoin because they’re bankrupt, clusterfucked, and Bitcoin has jurisdictional arbitrage. It’s easy. We don’t have to do a damn thing. Just sit back and watch the politically clusterfucked world be disintermediated by real Bitcoin.

Those who want to build some business (e.g. my shitcoin work) in this ecosystem can go right ahead if they have sufficient economic motivation to do so.

You re caught by textbook economics page 101.

What instance should run and use your ideal Bitcoin?

If its not the ppl of the world, than there is no reason why they (few central banks)  just launch your ideal 0.5 version and go.

Gold was launched by the ppl and later got into central banks, not the other way around.

Bootstrapping happns with the masses, not top down, or you do nothing better than fiat.

At least we agree on that BTC + SW + LN + Bridge LTC + gregconomics is the wrong path.

😀

kalehon

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:46:47 AM

wh1rlw1nd

Activity: 910
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:46:50 AM

Greetings,
massive FUD on TVs for ordinary people has been detected recently
1) for US citizens - funerals of bitcoin and shutdown of crypto-digest at CNBS FastMoney
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/22/fast-moneys-bitcoin-funeral.html
2) for Russia - one of the main TV channels, title "Crash of bitcoin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1fWipoAdQ&feature=youtu.be
3) for English ones (as was previously posted here)
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/bitcoin-latest-price-concurrency-money-exchange-rate-analysis-a8424651.html

coincidence? i think not.  
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:54:07 AM

Note the up-thread post edit. This will be another post I will delete. Very tiresome to keep up with all the FUD turds you guys smear all over yourselves.

[…]

You have convinced me.  I need to run the version from November 2010 when Satoshi was still involved. What version was that?  Because that’s obviously the one true Bitcoin.

Sorry guys any transactions after 2010 are invalid. Anyone that says otherwise is just a Core shill.

You fail to comprehend my prior post. Those later versions of Satoshi’s protocol do not add any ANYONECANSPEND transactions, and thus even if you run an earlier version, your node will NOT accept as donations any transactions created with a later version of Satoshi’s client.

You’re trolling because you lack technological understanding of the issue at hand.

Also you fail to assimilate the many details I have articulated. The reason that the Satoshi protocol is the one true Bitcoin is because it is the Schelling point with the most security.

Until the hardforkoff of Core, Core is insecure because SegWit is ANYONECANSPEND. After the hardfork, Core is still insecure because all legacy addresses spent to non-legacy even after the hardfork can be taken as donations on the Satoshi chain. And the En-lightening networks crap is going to make Core chain more insecure. I had already explained why up-thread.

Keep pooping all over your thread. It’s becoming quite funny to watch.

Are you suggesting that pulling random versions from the past and proclaiming them to be the “one true Bitcoin” is a bit unhinged?
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:55:15 AM

Bitcon being attacked because it is a decentralized system

Roger ver and the hard forks was used to discredit bitcoin

Currently debate is raging over distributed lightning network and decentralized lightning network
Again trying to centralize bitcoin through every transaction on the lightning network

Segwit is a failure due to the inability to decentralize lightning networks

Why they are attacking bitcoin

It would do more than just provide a currency system it is a truth system as well

Truth of central bank inflation and tax lies

....and the currency wars continue
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 09:28:00 AM

It would do more than just provide a currency system it is a truth system as well

This. If as many people that bought bitcoin understood why Bitcoin...things would change quite rapidly.

Unfortunately most just watch the price trying to figure out when to get out.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10064

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:28:03 AM

I will also grant that there is a certain level of technicals, economics, politics, computer programming that must take some faith to accept because there are not too many people (even the really smart ones) who are going to understand all aspects of bitcoin, even if they specialize in some of them

Correct. Myself being an exception for the most part (although anyone can make mistakes, I do keep learning faster than those Core social justice workers who believe in democracy and thus making it impossible for them to learn).

First of all.  I thought that you had decided to childishly wish me luck in losing my coins, and you were going to continue to attempt to dialogue with me?  I guess you changed your mind?

Second, I develop a considerable amount of skepticism whenever I hear people describing or characterizing themselves as "the smartest person in the room" or anything close to that.  Instead of describing and characterizing yourself as smart, wouldn't it be better for you to actually demonstrate such smartness through your ideas and presentation of ideas.  So far I have not seen it.  So far I have seen a lot of name calling that seem aimed at inflaming and provoking rather than being justified descriptions about what is happening and inaccurate generalizing that includes the reliance on several faulty presumptions.

(including some of the developers not understanding some of the politics and economics, but they still end up supporting the right principles that cause bitcoin to serve as a stronger and stronger product of course with varying valuable use cases).

Incorrect. It is impossible for them to learn. They were socialized into the democracy religion and can’t be cured.

Get the fuck out of here.

First of all you are attempting to characterize core as if it were some kind of centralized business, when instead it is largely open and pushed by merit.  Those people who have good ideas and present their ideas well gain respect in such community.

The system is not exactly democratic, but certainly there are strong democratic aspects that allow meritorious participation... strongest ideas win...  Also, like Adam Back said in the quoted posts there are incentives built into mining, that kind of assume lack of trust and self interest, but that miners will do the right thing based on not wanting to kill their golden goose.  Sure there may be some powerful players who attempt to burn the thing down, but likely those evil players will get shunned and miners will move away from them. Of course, economics, game theory and politics play out too... and bitcoin has been adapting to some of the gamesmanship and one-upsmanship, too.

Likely bitcoin has gotten stronger from the multitude of attacks through 2017, and sure your spreading FUD about segwit is just another one of those attempts at an attack to attempt to get peeps to move off of segwit.

so how is that playing into anyones hand?

I should not have to explain this concept.  If segwit fear spreaders are trying to cause folks not to use segwit or to adopt it, then they achieve part of their objective when users act on such fears and fail/refuse to use segwit.  It is largely a systemic issue rather than an individual issue.

We try to prevent the hardfork and help others protect their real Bitcoin,

Now you are a "we"?  A royal "we"?  (which would just be you).... If not a "royal we", then  who are the members of your stupid ass propaganda/FUD spreading team?
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:34:59 AM

This. If as many people that bought bitcoin understood why Bitcoin...things would change quite rapidly.

Unfortunately most just watch the price trying to figure out when to get out.

All the people I got into crypto know why bitcoin is there
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:35:51 AM

BCH is not a surreptitious attack as is Core. Yet it is attempting to mislead and not make full disclosure.

Stupid ass statements like this shows your true agenda to denigrate and to attack bitcoin through your own misleading.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:37:25 AM

I will delete this post.

We've been waiting on you to delete all your posts. Followed by your account too.

Delete your account anunymint. I dont want to see anymore any of your shilling on this thread.
I bought $3M worth of bitcoin recently and I am waiting for the next bull run. If what you want is for us to lose our investment by scaremongering then we cant be on this same thread.

Apparently infofront believes that anunymint is contributing to the thread?  Even infofront has decide to follow anunymint's advice.. seems like...
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:41:32 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 10:09:55 AM by mymenace

Bitcon being attacked because it is a decentralized system

Roger ver and the hard forks was used to discredit bitcoin
Currently debate is raging over distributed lightning network and decentralized lightning network
Again trying to centralize bitcoin through every transaction on the lightning network

Segwit is a failure due to the inability to decentralize lightning networks

Why they are attacking bitcoin

Furthermore use of media, forums, social networks, by those few attacking bitcoin run narratives with each other on these platforms to look like infighting

only a few
sucks but s#$t you have to deal with

Update

Whats interesting to note is the amount of attacks on bitcoin saying it supposedly does not work
1) BCash shills
2) Segwit shills
3) Lighnting shills
4) Republic shills
5) Blocksize shills

Then why keep attacking it...........

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:44:50 AM

Blah blah blah more garbage ramblings

A poor and witless man[lad] will protect his ego before he will protect his Bitcoins.

Yes... everyone do what troll anunymint suggests, and that way your coins will be safe.. panic, everyone.

Why do you care where other people keep their coins? In twenty words or less.

Segwit has been activated and implemented into bitcoin by normal consensus... therefore, if you support bitcoin, then you should be attempting to utilize and support its current and newest features... eg.. segwit... Keep a decent percentage of your coins on segwit addresses and using segwit features,...Ibian.    Get with the bitcoin program... modern bitcoin... not old bitcoin.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:49:06 AM

Here's some interesting stuff the Power Rangers did to bitcoin:
http://cascadianhacker.com/20_a-summary-of-changes-to-bitcoin-since-0321

And here's the stuff the Republic did to bitcoin thus far:
http://thebitcoin.foundation/misc/vpatch-nodes.html

I suggest we all drop the subject now we've been reminded, as none of the people responsible for the code are present.
It is also becoming repetitive and flamey.
Both sets of people are publicly available in other channels.
Read up, go there, and consult them.
Pages: « 1 ... 20591 20592 20593 20594 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 [20641] 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 ... 33203 »
  Print  

Jump to: