April 25, 2024, 08:35:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 [20808] 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 ... 33301 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367888 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:42:43 AM

So: topic swerve.

All y'all may recall I've been looking to Puerto Rico as a means of reducing capital gains taxes owed (I'm 'Merkin). But I've just learned of another (legitimate - according to IRS) potential route out of the system that may be as interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/17/an-unlikely-group-of-billionaires-and-politicians-has-created-the-most-unbelievable-tax-break-ever/

Anyone interested in forming a study group? Or is there some other subforum here in BCT that might be better for such a discussion?

interesting article. thanks.

so i may have the option of taking tax money that otherwise would be paid to the government and more or less wasted and instead pick my own areas and technologies to invest it in instead. and it helps the little guys. im in. although it sounds too good to be true to be honest. and its new and untested. never had a problem with new and untested things before, as long as i can figure risk/reward ratios fairly well.

Well, not quite. At least I don't think so. Bear in mind I just learned about it yesterday. But rather than being able to redirect your tax money, it is actually the money that you invest through this program is not taxed (for ten years, profits to be tax free, etc...).

But overall looks like a very attractive program. Help bootstrap a needy community of your choice, and get a very favorable tax treatment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:50:50 AM

...giant clusterfuck post...

dude ..seriously...no disrespect but you may wanna pare down your walls of quotes posts just a tad...
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 02:52:48 AM

Carolina is known as "La Tierra de Gigantes" (land of giants), in honor of one of its inhabitants: Don Felipe Birriel, who was the tallest man in Puerto Rican history, with an unconfirmed height of 2.413 meters or seven feet eleven inches (7' 11").

Shocked
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10149

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:09:54 AM

Yeah.. just pick some random words, and then string them together to say whatever you wish.  In other words,  I am a meanie, and I admit it.    Shocked

Notice the shills backing each other

Go read their posts literal crap and derision

Ready Player One

Future proves past

The WO-bot, aka mymenace, comes up with some real nonsense.. start to watch this mymenace character - could hardly be a real person.   Roll Eyes

I just figured he was retarded.

*Rosewater shrugs*

Oh, come on, why is everyone attacking JJG tonight? He is a nice guy Smiley

O.k... that is one bridge too far.  I am certainly NOT "a nice guy."  That sounds like gay.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:12:53 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 03:53:25 AM by mymenace

Can't we all just get along? Or at least take it to IRC?
Future proves past

So how did it go everyone

does

Future prove past

DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2775
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:18:08 AM

<Donut[AFK]> HEY EURAKARTE
<Donut[AFK]> INSULT
<Eurakarte> RETORT
<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-RETORT
<Eurakarte> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE
<Donut[AFK]> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
<Eurakarte> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM
<Donut[AFK]> RIPOSTE
<Donut[AFK]> ADDON RIPOSTE
<Eurakarte> COUNTER-RIPOSTE
<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-COUNTER RIPOSTE
<Eurakarte> NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
<Miles_Prower> RESPONSE TO RANDOM STATEMENT AND THREAT TO BAN OPPOSING SIDES
<Eurakarte> WORDS OF PRAISE FOR FISHFOOD
<Miles_Prower> ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTENCE OF TERMS

Bring out the regulation and control to shut them the f#$k up  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
Imagine if it was a group colluding to do this to someone who is protecting children
that would be disgusting would it not
Future proves past

So how did it go everyone

does

Future prove past

Still under $20k  Angry so no lambos yet
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 03:18:58 AM

Yeah.. just pick some random words, and then string them together

...giant [....] post...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:01:15 AM

a shady exchange

Is it? Is this WEX above board? I'm not hip to all the goings-on. I know the vampire squid owns Poloniex now. Did WEX get got by fatcats? Or what exactly.

Well last July 2017, they got seized by the US Govt (they were operating as BTC-e), some of their bank accounts were seized and the websites, but I believe that they were able to keep a large majority of the crypto, based on their own self reporting.  About a month and a half later, they reopened as WEX and did a Bitfinex style socializing of the loss (about 40%-ish), and they issued tokens that they said would be reimbursed.

In the ensuing year, they have not been able to regenerate their previous trade volume and it appears that a lot of folks are trying to withdraw their funds, which seems to snowball, including WEX restricting withdrawals which continues to exacerbate the lack of confidence problem and the run on the exchange.  So accordingly confidence has been lost about whether WEX has enough money to cover all deposits, and surely they have been a whole hell-of-a lot less profitable after reopening because they have not been able to return to their former self (trade volume wise).   There is likely some other continued legal wrangling behind the scenes too because they USA Govt does not give up in terms of attempting to prosecute folks that they can find associated with the exchange, and that could be continuing to affect their operations and their expenses.. and may even motivate them to do an exit scam if they cannot pay everyone or to cover their expenses. 
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:02:08 AM

A scamming scumbag.

Roger emailed Bity threatening to remove them from their website (bitcoin.com) if they don't start offering Bcash.

Bity response; no one uses Bcash in Switzerland...

mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:07:13 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 04:17:42 AM by mymenace

A scamming scumbag.
Roger emailed Bity threatening to remove them from their website (bitcoin.com) if they don't start offering Bcash.

Watch their tactics

Usually what their baseless accusations are, are exactly what they do them self, they so clever

....."A bot is not too likely to engage in seriously engaging communications, and yeah it seems that mymenance paid shill is engaged in a kind of shit-stirring, that trolls do at opportune times to distract from any meaningful exchanges of thread-relevant information that we might be having."....

So you can usually pick your adversary before its begun

Wait till they hit RDS - Roger Derangement Syndrome - B-BOOOOOMMMM!!!  Cool Cool Cool  goes their little heads

Roger burned tooooo many people now, we shall all gather in the Halls of the Wall Observer thread and see how our on topic discussion effects the Bitcoin Walls

Game Over

Top Score
Player One

Grin
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:21:27 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

A scamming scumbag.

Gets a few hundred million and turns into an egomaniac. He may be a big fish in this pond but the dude is a guppy on the global game of thrones. He doesn't seem to have any idea just how small he is compared to people with, not just wealth, but wealth that comes as a byproduct of real power. If he did, he wouldn't act like such an arrogant asshole all the time. I wish he would just fall into the ocean or something so I would never have to see his smug face again.

*edit* I know it's stupid. I should say something more substantive. But the way he speaks and acts bugs me more than any other human being alive. That perfect mix of autism and narcissism is like a cheese grater on my senses. Angry

/rantoff
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 04:35:23 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 05:33:55 AM by mymenace

A scamming scumbag.
Gets a few hundred million and turns into an egomaniac. He may be a big fish in this pond but the dude is a guppy on the global game of thrones. ~great post~ ..."and previously to your post, James Gunn is a worry - signed @mymenace"... /rantoff

Merit system as a percentage would be good, seems to be something with paid shills and merit as average to posts - deja vu

Fishfood, Vacuum, Riposte, Nonsensical etc etc etc

Apply every step below to every post after this statement was made - stunningly beautiful and accurate
<Donut[AFK]> HEY EURAKARTE
<Donut[AFK]> INSULT
<Eurakarte> RETORT
<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-RETORT
<Eurakarte> QUESTIONING OF SEXUAL PREFERENCE
<Donut[AFK]> SUGGESTION TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
<Eurakarte> NOTATION THAT YOU CREATE A VACUUM
<Donut[AFK]> RIPOSTE
<Donut[AFK]> ADDON RIPOSTE
<Eurakarte> COUNTER-RIPOSTE
<Donut[AFK]> COUNTER-COUNTER RIPOSTE
<Eurakarte> NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON
<Miles_Prower> RESPONSE TO RANDOM STATEMENT AND THREAT TO BAN OPPOSING SIDES
<Eurakarte> WORDS OF PRAISE FOR FISHFOOD
<Miles_Prower> ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTENCE OF TERMS
~some crap~ Future proves past

Yep cringe, you got ya cringe face ready                     - Still no answer @infofront OK

Careful of any wall of text shills and their last advice about exchanges
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:16:06 AM

a shady exchange

Is it? Is this WEX above board? I'm not hip to all the goings-on. I know the vampire squid owns Poloniex now. Did WEX get got by fatcats? Or what exactly.

Well last July 2017, they got seized by the US Govt (they were operating as BTC-e), some of their bank accounts were seized and the websites, but I believe that they were able to keep a large majority of the crypto, based on their own self reporting.  About a month and a half later, they reopened as WEX and did a Bitfinex style socializing of the loss (about 40%-ish), and they issued tokens that they said would be reimbursed.

In the ensuing year, they have not been able to regenerate their previous trade volume and it appears that a lot of folks are trying to withdraw their funds, which seems to snowball, including WEX restricting withdrawals which continues to exacerbate the lack of confidence problem and the run on the exchange.  So accordingly confidence has been lost about whether WEX has enough money to cover all deposits, and surely they have been a whole hell-of-a lot less profitable after reopening because they have not been able to return to their former self (trade volume wise).   There is likely some other continued legal wrangling behind the scenes too because they USA Govt does not give up in terms of attempting to prosecute folks that they can find associated with the exchange, and that could be continuing to affect their operations and their expenses.. and may even motivate them to do an exit scam if they cannot pay everyone or to cover their expenses. 

Good recap. Thanks, it's all coming back to me now. This is the same BTC-e owners then. Still on the shady side.

I kind of doubt that they are specifically any more shady than any other people, and they have shown a decent amount of restraint and morals based on their having had opportunities to exit scam, but did not (at least not yet). 

Of course, BTC-e has been one of the oldest exchanges, and they have been accused of a lot of shady things including collaborating to allow stolen GOX coins to be dumped on their exchange, and also other kinds of money laundering accusations - but merely because the USA govt makes such accusations does not necessarily make them true.

It is true that from the beginning BTC-e was an exchange that allowed you to do almost no KYC and AML verifications, so they would let you open up and account and begin to exchange with a mere sign up that involved only an e-mail address and a password... so I doubt that the mere fact that they had been attempting to allow freedom in the use of the exchange and to attempt to stay out of the reach of governments would have been shady in and of itself - beyond governments and banks not liking it. 

Accordingly, there has always been some mystery concerning exact ownership and management and who works with them, but I doubt that mere attempts at anonymity means that they are engaged in shady operations.

Of course, there are a lot of aspirations to create decentralized exchanges, and it seem that BTC-e operators have shared a lot of the cypherpunk type aspirations - and maybe even have been pursued because of their ideologies - yet now they have a real business/creativity problem, and that is to figure out how to inspire a sufficient amount of confidence in order to not continue to experience a run on their bank (exchange)
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2775
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:45:22 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

A scamming scumbag.

Gets a few hundred million and turns into an egomaniac. He may be a big fish in this pond but the dude is a guppy on the global game of thrones. He doesn't seem to have any idea just how small he is compared to people with, not just wealth, but wealth that comes as a byproduct of real power. If he did, he wouldn't act like such an arrogant asshole all the time. I wish he would just fall into the ocean or something so I would never have to see his smug face again.

*edit* I know it's stupid. I should say something more substantive. But the way he speaks and acts bugs me more than any other human being alive. That perfect mix of autism and narcissism is like a cheese grater on my senses. Angry

/rantoff

The players are known, the cards have been dealt and he doubled down. So at this point he has no option but to play out his hand i.e. continue doing what he's doing. The crappy part is bcash's funding (life support?) comes from Ver's BTC reserves and Bitmain. Unfortunately both benefit when BTC goes up, so unless BTC crashes hard or trades sideways for a very long time, the funding to prop bcash will continue to pour in.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:56:34 AM

A scamming scumbag.

/rantoff

The players are known, the cards have been dealt and he doubled down. So at this point he has no option but to play out his hand i.e. continue doing what he's doing. The crappy part is bcash's funding (life support?) comes from Ver's BTC reserves and Bitmain. Unfortunately both benefit when BTC goes up, so unless BTC crashes hard or trades sideways for a very long time, the funding to prop bcash will continue to pour in.

I think maybe you are thinking about it wrong. It's a 0 sum game. People think of bcash as relative to bitcoin not dollars. If bcash goes up marginally in dollar terms while bitcoin explodes in dollar terms no one calls that a bull market for bcash. So maybe bitcoin goes up giving him more money to pump into bcash, but at the same time bcash requires more and more funds in order to keep up with bitcoin if bitcoin has gone up.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:58:07 AM

The poll is looking much more bullish this week - good to hear

BTC dominance is approaching 50% and the highest its been this year - you think it will hit 50% or will we see an alt surge?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:00:32 AM

BTC dominance is approaching 50% and the highest its been this year - you think it will hit 50% or will we see an alt surge?

To the extent that most alts had any merit at all it was as a way to scale crypto payments laterally to compensate for the inability of bitcoin to serve as a payment vehicle. With LN rolling out I would say a lot of them have no reason to exist. All things being equal then we should expect to see dominance rise. Of course, in the real world, all things are never equal.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:03:42 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2018, 08:03:09 AM by mymenace

A scamming scumbag.
Gets a few hundred million and turns into an egomaniac. He may be a big fish in this pond but the dude is a guppy on the global game of thrones. He doesn't seem to have any idea just how small he is compared to people with, not just wealth, but wealth that comes as a byproduct of real power. If he did, he wouldn't act like such an arrogant asshole all the time. I wish he would just fall into the ocean or something so I would never have to see his smug face again.*edit* I know it's stupid. I should say something more substantive. But the way he speaks and acts bugs me more than any other human being alive. That perfect mix of autism and narcissism is like a cheese grater on my senses. Angry/rantoff
I think maybe you are thinking about it wrong. It's a 0 sum game. People think of bcash as relative to bitcoin not dollars. If bcash goes up marginally in dollar terms while bitcoin explodes in dollar terms no one calls that a bull market for bcash. So maybe bitcoin goes up giving him more money to pump into bcash, but at the same time bcash requires more and more funds in order to keep up with bitcoin if bitcoin has gone up.

Ah, are the players well known

But what if there is a complete collapse of BCH and stolen coins returned.

Seems like #Qanon is missing some resources, bitcoin blockchain strings, bitcointalk forum, reddit
Why is this stuff on the Internet Huh??  Roger Ver, Brock Pierce

Bruce Wagner  Huh   http://bw.gl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=160   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106027.40
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&pagenumber=457
Bruce Wagner is a pedophile con man. He was run off the forums about a year ago after another forum (somethingawful) dug up a bunch of info on a real estate scam he was running (amongst other things).
Calvin Ayre  Huh   This info on some twitter site - what do these people know, getting scary.
..."⚡️Pumpy ฿rewster⚡️ [Orthodox Bitcoiner] @PumpyBrewster⚡️Pumpy ฿rewster⚡️ [Orthodox Bitcoiner] Retweeted LEȘTER LONG
So Calvin Ayre likes little girls with braces. Should change the name from Bcash to PedoCash. #Bcash #Shitcoin"...
https://calvinayre.com/2016/04/05/business/calvin-ayre-foundation-brings-cheer-to-typhoon-battered-village-in-the-philippines/

Who put all that dirty crap s#@t on the blockchain https://bitcoinstrings.com/all
Why is Clinton foundation involved?

Watch the price

ChiefJusticeRoberts,PresidentCarter,PresidentClinton
SjLP"boku to kimi ga tunagaritsudukeru sonnna hi ga kurukoto negatteru" by .........
/ViaBTC/Big Blocks/6
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:12:09 AM

The whole reason alts exploded goes back to the first LTC pump. People got it in their head that when bitcoin pumps, alts pump harder. But, just like any "known" trend, once it is known, it doesn't work anymore. Alts need to beat bitcoin on pumps consistently to make up for the risk of holding the shit. It isn't really happening on this pump and that may very well spell the end for 90% of the alts when all the dust settles.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

But...but...
I was told EOS and ETH would do the flippening! Roll Eyes

/s
Pages: « 1 ... 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 20806 20807 [20808] 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 20857 20858 ... 33301 »
  Print  

Jump to: