March 30, 2024, 05:33:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 21008 21009 21010 21011 21012 21013 21014 21015 21016 21017 21018 21019 21020 21021 21022 21023 21024 21025 21026 21027 21028 21029 21030 21031 21032 21033 21034 21035 21036 21037 21038 21039 21040 21041 21042 21043 21044 21045 21046 21047 21048 21049 21050 21051 21052 21053 21054 21055 21056 21057 [21058] 21059 21060 21061 21062 21063 21064 21065 21066 21067 21068 21069 21070 21071 21072 21073 21074 21075 21076 21077 21078 21079 21080 21081 21082 21083 21084 21085 21086 21087 21088 21089 21090 21091 21092 21093 21094 21095 21096 21097 21098 21099 21100 21101 21102 21103 21104 21105 21106 21107 21108 ... 33207 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26337351 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:39:10 PM

That's us banging on the trend line @ $1000 since March 2017.    I'm not sure its significant however.

$1337 support is real :-D weeee
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yaplatu

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

28K=Buy | Wallet=100% BTC

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1505

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:42:25 PM

Don’t like seeing the CAP goes under 200.000.000$ but BTC dominance up 55.4% So we have to look like Thats cheering us up  Roll Eyes

Seeing ETH under $200 made my smirk Cheesy

They must be shitting the bed in Altcoinlandia.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 11778

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

Believe me This HODL is writing all over me ;-) i have the Rollercoaster BTC tattoo now my friend also a Guy with Nice amount of BTC ... he’s Stressin and says if we go back up 5digit i tattoo HODL  Grin fun Guy always stressin but hodling as well
crypmike

Activity: 910
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 06:53:06 PM

Believe me This HODL is writing all over me ;-) i have the Rollercoaster BTC tattoo now my friend also a Guy with Nice amount of BTC ... he’s Stressin and says if we go back up 5digit i tattoo HODL  Grin fun Guy always stressin but hodling as well

Cool. I also wanna crypto tattoo, just "BTC" or something simple like this.  
Even if one day BTC will be replaced by one of new technologies, it will be good memory about these days )

HODL also nice but I would prefer TRADE ) as a trading fan
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:07:49 PM

$5xxx's here we come...
mike4001_

Activity: 76
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:07:50 PM
Merited by Searing (1)

And down we go Sad
Don’t like seeing the CAP goes under 200.000.000$ but BTC dominance up 55.4% So we have to look like Thats cheering us up  Roll Eyes

I’m going to release some fiat this week & start buying again. I haven’t bought since 2015. I’ve just been HODLING.
I think considering we hit nearly $20,000 & have now fallen to $6,000 this represents a GREAT time to buy now. I think we’ll hit $50,000 not long after the halving so buying now you will make nearly over 10 x your investment if you buy now.

I’m definitely going to buy MOAR if we stay in this price range.

I know it´s not a popular opinion here but I would be careful.

We hit 20k because of mass media attracting tons of newcomers and massive FOMO from them. This will not happen again.

Now the rise has to be more or less natural.

So while I am sure the Halving will move the price up I am not sure if it even goes to 20k.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2755

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
Merited by Bitcoinaire (1)

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/Gqzx8jnU-BITCOIN-LEGENDARY-ANALYSIS-LONG-TERM/
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 11778

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:42:37 PM

^^
Not even 20k is a hard thing to say ...... its all a guess cause nobody knows the future but i think with all what BTC has to offer iT has a Nice shote for much bigger Numbers as 20k .... i realize iT in a very very very early moment but i expect much of iT , call iT a gutfeeling
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:44:45 PM

The ‘Crash’ is in ETH. What a shit show... Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10069

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:03:00 PM
Merited by crypmike (1)

i take it exactly as it looks, once your initial investment pays out in the tangible assets (money, physical items of worth, knowledge, whatever) its all gravy. i would think (hope) most people in this thread are in this category, ie playing with "house money." at this point even if my stack goes to zero the minute i type this i still made out.

now, one can always argue about lost profit opportunity from this point on, buts thats another animal to me.

Probably we think differently about this matter.
[...]
Therefore, I always thought that I needed a cushion, and therefore, I always considered that I had to monitor my system and approach to investing, to live within my means and to keep a certain aspect of my investment portfolio profitable. 

Part of my point in my above response is to suggest that in my own view and opinion, it is NOT enough for me to merely assert that "I got my principle back and I am 'in profits' " and I continually want to know more about my performance than those kinds of mere simplicities.  I don't necessarily expect others to carry out the same as me, but I still will question if anyone who seems to be asserting that it is enough data for them to conclude that they are "in profits" and they don't want to engage in further self-improvement. 

I am NOT referring to standards that are imposed on anyone from the outside but merely about standards that are imposed on oneself in his/her own aspirations and monitoring of his/her own progress.  I actually tend to resent when standards are imposed on me from someone else or someone suggest that I need to do x, y or z, but it does not seem unreasonable in my thinking to attempt to impose standards upon yourself and to attempt to monitor whether I am reaching my standards.. and that is part of the purpose of continued analysis rather than merely throwing up ones hands and asserting "I am in profits because I got my principle back."

im probably misunderstanding, but i read that more or less as "how is btc profit compared to my other investment goals that have the same amount of effort/capitol as far as my personal goals are concerned."

Well, many times the points of discussion can be taken into another direction or even raising other points, and surely it is fair to consider how BTC performs in comparison to other investments, but merely because it performs worse does not necessarily make it a bad investment unless it is always going down without going UP, which we know has not been the historical case with bitcoin.

Sometimes, people bring up their "other investments" in this thread in order to either denigrate bitcoin or to pump some other shit coin, and surely from my signature, it can be seen that I have been a bit down on the need to diversify into various alt coins; however, at the same time, I can certainly accept that other people might want to take a much larger (percentage-wise) position than me in various alt coins.  I do appreciate that there can be some utility in other people investing in various other crypto currencies, and I can even appreciate that sometimes their level of profits or even differing correlation (as compared with bitcoin) can cause those investments to be more profitable than bitcoin at various points in time.  Sometimes part of the bothersome aspect of various alt coins is that they frequently will appear to lack fundamentals, so their pump or even their differing correlation to bitcoin does not necessarily come from market fundamentals and reasonable movements in the market, but instead based on some kind of insider job pumping that comes from insiders and DEEP pockets based on their ability to move an illiquid market rather than actual broader possible appeal of the project based on fundamentals.

Ultimately, if we are merely considering how to structure personal finances and to fit bitcoin into one's overall strategy, then likely there is going to be considerable variance from person to person, not only in terms of how much of a percentage of his/her overall investment might be in bitcoin 1% to 10% or some other number, and also there might be differing strategies based on how much the person put into bitcoin and subsequently, if that allocation had gained relative to other investments.  My initial goal in 2013-2014 was to establish a 10% position in bitcoin (as compared with my other investments), but the down turn of the market and the tweaking of my strategies caused my allocation to reach in a 12% to 14% territory by nearing the end of 2015.  When BTC did nearly an 80x price increase in 2016 and 2016, that caused my allocation to be much more weighted in BTC just based on mere BTC price appreciation.. so yeah, then there can be questions about whether to reallocate or how much to reallocate or other strategies that might be employed to feel comfortable to UP or DOWN volatility... accounting for personal timeline as well (so for example if someone got into an investment and considered letting it ride for 10 years or more, s/he might not be too inclined to make significant short-term reallocations).

I think that in my earlier response, I was largely asserting that it can be quite lazy and superficial to just rest on some kind of superficial laurels to assert.. "I am all good because I got my principle out,"  especially if there might be longer time considerations in terms of a more specific investment strategy that can not only contain better attempts to tailor the investment to yourself and to learn from your investment and NOT merely be satisfied that you got your principle out.. which also could be a bit of a cowardly approach to an investment or showing that you are unnecessarily leery and gun-shy about the investment (namely bitcoin in this case).

i do agree that if you have only broke even well thats better than losing but if the same amount invested in something else you knew of at the time would of done better then its less profitable than you could of done. so basically, a fail. but we can only be so knowledgeable about such things. we learn as we go.

Probably, you are saying similar things to me here that not only involves our inability to know how one investment might perform compared to other investments, and we might just be making best guesses from time to time about the extent to which we might need to reallocate or if their might be some advantage in that... including the fact that we do not know.  Just because Ethereum may have done 10x better than Bitcoin for short terms, and maybe even if we had decent inklings that such blow up might happen, does not necessarily mean that we should invest in ethereum for those periods - because that remains unknown, in spite of our inklings in such direction that subsequently might end up being proven to be correct (even though we did not invest in that direction).   Many of us who  are active in this thread likely remember the ethereum is better than bitcoin because it is performing better blah blah blah flippening.. similar to dashening, and bcashening and rippling.. and even with all that pump bullshit, and maybe even some of us had inklings that they would pump more than bitcoin, but it is not necessarily a bad thing to have just stuck with bitcoin.

Oh, by the way, I can think of very wimpy scenarios in which someone may have invested in BTC at various points and then had an average of $500 per BTC or something like that, and then got out all of his principle at a way too low price point, and missed opportunities to profit more from bitcoin because of underinvestment and too bearish and too gunshy, but keeps come back to assertions that s/he got his principle back... blah blah blah.

so my investment in btc has fared unbelievably well compared to any other investments i have done. im so far past "made my initial money back" its stupid. now, i could of done better in the past (like buying early apple, microsoft, google etc stock) but the past is the past and hindsight can only serve as a lesson to learn. of my current investments, btc is king. even if it goes to zero today, as i have locked in so much profit.

You are correct that from time to time there are going to be more profitable investments whether in the crypto space or in the traditional investment (non-crypto) space.  It is difficult to know (without attempting to compare dick sizes) about how profitable you are or could be or could have been, and even if any of us long term HODLers made a lot of mistakes, we could still be in a position with BTC that it has stupendously outperform any other investment that we have ever made and our profits (and/or equity) has been sufficiently secured as to provide some bullet-proofness to us, if BTC were to go down (perhaps to zero).  However, I would not want to assume too much about having "locked in profits" because some times when push comes to shove, and if the BTC price were to go below certain points, we might assume the price is going back up and overinvest based on those kinds of bullish assumptions.. and end up getting screwed in spite of what we had considered to be be "locked in" profits.

so basically at this point im diversifying even at the cost of lower (but safer) returns but i am ok with that, im a belt and suspenders kind of guy. so i suppose one could say im leaving potential gains on the table but i realize that.

Yes, that might be a more conservative approach, but it also might be prudent. Each of us has to decide for ourselves about how much we want to put in and how much profits we want to take off the table or lock-in.

when you are long term contingency planning, and take worse case scenarios into account, you know you have to throw money/time into things that may not have much, if any, returns. even to the point that that money/time is purely wasted if whats its guarding against never happens. but thats just like paying an insurance premium to me. i sure would feel stupid with all my eggs in one basket if that basket breaks.

Of course, each of us make differing choices in this regard.  There are some folks who started out in BTC or perhaps other cryptos, but they do not have any other investments.  I personally already had a decent amount of time (more than 20 years) investing before bitcoin, so I consider quite a lot of my current bitcoin profits to be icing on the cake and I am o.k. keeping those in bitcoin, even if they go down... especially since my strategy continues to systematically buy on the way down, and there is a bit of a presumption (which could end up proving to be wrong) that bitcoin is going to go up in the long term and it is going to go up higher than it is today, so it is therefore presumptively profitable to buy BTC if the price goes down.  I feel more comfortable making such UP presumptions in bitcoin as compared to any other crypto investment and I feel that I have enough other traditional investments that sufficiently hedge my BTC investment in the event that BTC actually does go down (and stay down) a lot further and a lot longer than expected (perhaps to zero, which seems a very long shot, but NOT completely out of the realm of possible considerations).

so, at this point im more into making sure my wife and i have a secure future even if things go to crap than more profit.

Nothing wrong with that.

once i hit a certain level, my priorities shift. i am goal oriented, and once that goal is attained i turn to the next one. one can always go back and fortify any particular goal or position as needed later.

Actually, each of us should always considered empowered over our own investment plans and tweaking them from time to time as needed or as our views might change or as our financial situation or timeline or risk tolerance might change.  That could apply to only bitcoin or it could apply to all of our investments.  Surely, when bitcoin might have considerably outperformed other assets, sometimes, it might be prudent to reallocate, but it still seems a bit weird to me that those kinds of thought would just be coming now at $6,200-ish rather than having some carrying out of such plan at various points on the way to $19,666.  To each his/her own regarding whether you plan ahead or become emotional about our current down situation and might take too BIG of actions now, based on NOT having done anything previously when prices were in the supra $10k range.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1590

BTC 100k 2024

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:04:50 PM

lol @ ETH  Grin Grin Grin

kirreev070

Activity: 406
Merit: 293

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:10:15 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Searing (1)

BTCHadzija

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:20:16 PM

could this be the pattern that takes us to 4k so we can start the bullrun already?

Bitcoinaire

Activity: 695
Merit: 439

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:37:50 PM

Lets just get it over with.
aaroque2003

Activity: 188
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:42:46 PM

BTC Dominance: 55.8%

ALMOST THERE........

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
aaroque2003

Activity: 188
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:44:14 PM

INDEED... LOL....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:45:29 PM

well, as a quite newbie (10 months) in crypto, i have to admit that im losing faith right now.
I want to be a holder (yes thats how we write this right?) but what worries me is not the ups and downs itself, but the rediculous drops that happened 3 times now... This means that some people actually can control my money.... again... And i dont like it.
Who can garantee that not all bitcoin eventually evaporates?
I mine the shit out of my equipment, and all it does this year is lose value... i cant mine enough to even increase in fiat value. Thats hugely dissapointing...

Everyone has a opinion here in bitcointalk, even some experts out there. It ranges from 2k to 150k dec18. How to take anyting in between serious? I see pretty graphs, all made in a way someone thinks instead of based on facts or knowledge, calculations, etc. Whats the value of it? Zilch...
Take a look back to all those pretty graphs... I bet none came actually true...

crypto? I think ponzi more and more...

Proof me wrong, please....
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

INDEED... LOL....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

now.... WHY would it be funny if others lose money?

Just because its not "your" favorite coin?

These childish ego responses start to make me sick on this board... Tongue
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:50:37 PM

I mine the shit out of my equipment, and all it does this year is lose value... i cant mine enough to even increase in fiat value.

What equipment do you use to mine bitcoins?

Pages: « 1 ... 21008 21009 21010 21011 21012 21013 21014 21015 21016 21017 21018 21019 21020 21021 21022 21023 21024 21025 21026 21027 21028 21029 21030 21031 21032 21033 21034 21035 21036 21037 21038 21039 21040 21041 21042 21043 21044 21045 21046 21047 21048 21049 21050 21051 21052 21053 21054 21055 21056 21057 [21058] 21059 21060 21061 21062 21063 21064 21065 21066 21067 21068 21069 21070 21071 21072 21073 21074 21075 21076 21077 21078 21079 21080 21081 21082 21083 21084 21085 21086 21087 21088 21089 21090 21091 21092 21093 21094 21095 21096 21097 21098 21099 21100 21101 21102 21103 21104 21105 21106 21107 21108 ... 33207 »
  Print  

Jump to: