April 19, 2024, 10:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21336 21337 21338 21339 21340 21341 21342 21343 21344 21345 21346 21347 21348 21349 21350 21351 21352 21353 21354 21355 21356 21357 21358 21359 21360 21361 21362 21363 21364 21365 21366 21367 21368 21369 21370 21371 21372 21373 21374 21375 21376 21377 21378 21379 21380 21381 21382 21383 21384 21385 [21386] 21387 21388 21389 21390 21391 21392 21393 21394 21395 21396 21397 21398 21399 21400 21401 21402 21403 21404 21405 21406 21407 21408 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 ... 33282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364600 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:46:06 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 01:58:08 AM by bitserve

BCH has popped up like 35% over the week, no clue why, must be manipulation with Ver.
the pump started here:
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018711772
shitcoin is prob forking
Who could the forkers be? Bitmain or some opponent? The temporary bump in price may look good for Bitmain's books with IPO investors, but I think consensus is that the steady post-fork value will take a dent. This makes it less likely that it is a Bitmain tactic. But are there any real opponents in that camp?

Serious question? You must have been offline for quite some time.

Synopsis: one group wants one set of changes. Another group wants a different set of changes. Though both sets of changes could coexist, both groups are insisting upon only their changes. In the face of this, there is another group that insists on no changes. And one last group that is building a client that any or all changes are selectable a la carte.

We can end up with one, two, three, or more branches coming out of the fork date. Who is the forker and who is the main chain is up for debate.

See the Bitcoin Cash thread for more info.

I'm still hoping for a kumbaya moment.

That's a very good explanation for us not closely following those shenanigans. And pretty "aseptic" too, thanks!

I, for one, thought it was only a two fork thinggy, one being led by Craig "Mad" Wright and the other camp led by Jihan "Reckless" Wu. Now I realise it is much more complex than that.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:47:11 AM

We can end up with one, two, three, or more branches coming out of the fork date.

Is there a specific fork date, or a rough timeframe for one yet?

November 15. Actually way more specific than that. Check the usual Bitcoin Cash info sources. I'm on a plane now, lacking usual connectivity, or I'd point you directly.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:58:00 AM

wow

I'm sorry jbreher, that has to be pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the candid assessment.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:30:52 AM

I, for one, thought it was only a two fork thinggy, one being led by Craig "Mad" Wright and the other camp led by Jihan "Reckless" Wu. Now I realise it is much more complex than that.

I just found this announcement for a bitcoin stash fork of bitcoin cash!

That's at least three forks coming.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:53:18 AM

Oh.... looked at it again: $6399!

What am I gonna do with my life now?!
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:04:04 AM

I don't use to look at the price anymore

but when I do it's $6400.
Yeah I have a notification tell me when it moves 3% in a day. That damn thing is getting dusty.
What do you use for such notification?
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:11:57 AM

BCH has popped up like 35% over the week, no clue why, must be manipulation with Ver.
the pump started here:
shitcoin is prob forking
Who could the forkers be? Bitmain or some opponent? The temporary bump in price may look good for Bitmain's books with IPO investors, but I think consensus is that the steady post-fork value will take a dent. This makes it less likely that it is a Bitmain tactic. But are there any real opponents in that camp?

I have over 100 pages to catch up indeed, and no time or energy for it.

Besides, these fork schemes are often not what they look like from the outside, so I was fishing for more viewpoints: either fine conspiracy theorists or bch pundits. I got the latter, thank you.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:21:27 AM

By the power of the octosphincter you are absolved my son.

Go forth and do as thou wilt.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:27:17 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

Quoting the roach, -1 WO point for you!

Seriously.

I'm thinking we need to start having the ability of issuing demerits for particularly egregious posts. Say at a 3:1 conversion ratio. 3 merit points required to issue 1 demerit against someone.

/meta

We can setup a system where you receive so many merits per month you spend on shit like quoting the roach. JJG starts with a negative number just because. Smiley

Guys, now I'm sure that your hats are all cursed!

Comparing with altcoins, 24-hours change of bitcoin looks awful.

Shit buying opportunity missed. Sad

If thousands of shitcoins are treated as equally special, then none of them are. Nothing but a bunch of penny stock trash.

Bitcoin is the only crypto that matters. Everything else is irrelevant.

Well lets not go off the deep end here, the perfect code has never been written.
It is inevitable that the future will hold better systems.
Of course there will me millions of shitcoins in between the valid ones. Smiley

Never stopped running it. Just sorta turned off auto pilot, and letting it sit there do it's thing. It costs me a minimal investment in time to upkeep, so why not ?

Just haven't talked about it much, because, well, LN is boring as fuck, still has a ways to go - in terms of better managing automatic channel re-balancing - and figured there was no further point in discussing it as it's not going to be a profitable endeavor in the near-future (if ever ?)

I imagine a year from now, it'll be in a much better place, but still really really rough to use (I had a purchase timeout on me twice, with plenty of funds available, and being a well connected node - I gave up trying to pay the invoice), and rebalancing channels is all manual and really not fun needing to deal with, redoing channel policies depending on the state of each channel.

Run a node with > 100 channels, and it's a huge un-lubed pain-in-my-ass.

Case in point a few posts later. Lol

That is true, I forgot the key difference between drunks and alcoholics:

Alcoholics go to meetings.

in need for a morning coffee and some action please Roll Eyes

edit: by now even the coffee guy knows what BTC is Grin

Shit finally caught up to today and it's almost tomorrow!

Step Mom died last night, that cost another day. :|

infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 03:55:59 AM

the pump started here:
shitcoin is prob forking

Synopsis: one group wants one set of changes. Another group wants a different set of changes. Though both sets of changes could coexist, both groups are insisting upon only their changes. In the face of this, there is another group that insists on no changes. And one last group that is building a client that any or all changes are selectable a la carte.

We can end up with one, two, three, or more branches coming out of the fork date. Who is the forker and who is the main chain is up for debate.

See the Bitcoin Cash thread for more info.

You're all a bunch of forkers.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10131

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:03:02 AM

the pump started here:
shitcoin is prob forking

Besides, these fork schemes are often not what they look like from the outside, so I was fishing for more viewpoints: either fine conspiracy theorists or bch pundits. I got the latter, thank you.

There has not been much discussion of the bcash fork on this thread, and probably like jbreher mentioned, it is NOT really something that any bcasher would want to publicize, since it is a fairly fractured set of circumstances, and bitcoiners are likely not too receptive to such discussion - except for the fact that such circumstances is likely contributing to holding bitcoin back from any likely upwards price moves.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:09:27 AM

Seriously.

I'm thinking we need to start having the ability of issuing demerits for particularly egregious posts. Say at a 3:1 conversion ratio. 3 merit points required to issue 1 demerit against someone.

/meta

We can setup a system where you receive so many merits per month you spend on shit like quoting the roach. JJG starts with a negative number just because. Smiley

Yeah.. you, Hueristic, sound like a real authority in the matter.   Roll Eyes

Edit:  or maybe this one would be more accurate?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 04:12:01 AM

the pump started here:
shitcoin is prob forking

Hah, anyone that hasn't dumped will have a good time double dumping. Smiley

Hmm...bcash is up but not enough for me to pull out my cold storage.

I only did a few at .2 BTC...it's less than .1

But...But...DoubleDump!

Nice hats guys. I have been holding off because of not being sure this new trend would last. Now getting a bit of FOMO to be honest.

I like my avatar though. Never changed it after the forum finally again allowed uploading one. Good ‘old’ days..

Btw: started buying again. Can’t help myself at these prices and all the nonsense about a popped bubble. A market cap of 100 billion, laughable. For years the US and EU each have been Printing those amounts on a Monthly basis.

IOU sM+

Yeah, of course.

That would work out really well in practice.  I know that some members are so vindictive, emotional, and insecure that they would spend 10 of their smerits just to take away one merit from another member.  Great idea, blawb   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Future WO merit wars, sounds like a black mirror episode. Smiley

I don't use to look at the price anymore

but when I do it's $6400.

Hah, good one, needs to be meme!

We can end up with one, two, three, or more branches coming out of the fork date.

Is there a specific fork date, or a rough timeframe for one yet?

November 15. Actually way more specific than that. Check the usual Bitcoin Cash info sources. I'm on a plane now, lacking usual connectivity, or I'd point you directly.

You are our usual bch source, actually the only one AFAIK.

Seriously.

/meta

Yeah.. you, Hueristic, sound like a real authority in the matter.   Roll Eyes

ROTFLMFAO! IOU+ Cheesy

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:12:20 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), d_eddie (1)

The cynical view of the Bcash fork is as follows:

• November is historically the strongest month.  Bitcoin almost always goes up in November
  • The fork date is 15 November.  This is smack in the middle of a rally month
  • This date is a deliberate choice.  Of the 365 days in the year, picking the single strongest price day of the year is no coincidence
  • We know from past experience that forks cause price rallies
  • The conclusion is that this hard fork date was deliberately chosen to create a rally
  • Roger Ver has excellent skills at social media
  • Crypto twitter and Reddit love a drama
  • Roger Ver, Jihan Wu and Craig Wright all love a dollar
  • They are not the sort of guys to let a disagreement over relatively minor technical aspects get in the way of making a dollar
  • They certainly do not lose money to uphold obscure points of principle
  • Therefore the purpose of this hard fork is to make money, with a story line played out in social media drama
  • The most likely beneficiaries of a rally are existing bag holders
  • The biggest bag holders are Jihan, Ver and Calvin Ayre (who controls Craig Wright)
  • The most likely explanation is that the Bcash fork is just a whale game by Jihan, Ver and Ayre to suck the punters out of their money
  • They will probably have a Kumbaya moment at some point and all will be forgotten, after they have lined their pockets
  • Because after all, it’s just a game to them

[/list]
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:27:24 AM

not sure we want to be on front page of goop but w/e
https://twitter.com/GwynethPaltrow/status/1059491821292679168

Lots of fucktarded idiots in the comment section like this D. Dickerson girl who was promoting voting for elections on blockchain.  Newsflash:  if you have voting on blockchain, your identity, social security, bank account, medical history, EVERYTHING else is also going to be tied to that entry.  It's a trojan horse for an exact replica of the Chinese social credit score system - a complete dystopia.  If the (Marxist Jewish controlled) govt doesn't like you, your non-fungible money will be blacklisted and turned off or unspendable, and entire existence will be wiped out with a keystroke just like they ban people on Twitter.

People who advocate forcing identity to be tied to "blockchain" are either shabbos goyim servants of the Jew banks, or just low IQ idiots in general.  But it doesn't matter what you do, because transaction validators in craptocurrency are always designed to centralize and inevitably be controlled/run by govts.  That's why there's zero reason to support any of this garbage over physical silver and gold.  The only possible evolution of craptocurrency is dystopia.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898

Clueless!

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:31:03 AM

The cynical view of the Bcash fork is as follows:

• November is historically the strongest month.  Bitcoin almost always goes up in November
  • The fork date is 15 November.  This is smack in the middle of a rally month
  • This date is a deliberate choice.  Of the 365 days in the year, picking the single strongest price day of the year is no coincidence
  • We know from past experience that forks cause price rallies
  • The conclusion is that this hard fork date was deliberately chosen to create a rally
  • Roger Ver has excellent skills at social media
  • Crypto twitter and Reddit love a drama
  • Roger Ver, Jihan Wu and Craig Wright all love a dollar
  • They are not the sort of guys to let a disagreement over relatively minor technical aspects get in the way of making a dollar
  • They certainly do not lose money to uphold obscure points of principle
  • Therefore the purpose of this hard fork is to make money, with a story line played out in social media drama
  • The most likely beneficiaries of a rally are existing bag holders
  • The biggest bag holders are Jihan, Ver and Calvin Ayre (who controls Craig Wright)
  • The most likely explanation is that the Bcash fork is just a whale game by Jihan, Ver and Ayre to suck the punters out of their money
  • They will probably have a Kumbaya moment at some point and all will be forgotten, after they have lined their pockets
  • Because after all, it’s just a game to them

[/list]

I wonder if I have to move my BCH off my original 2015 BTC wallets to claim this supposed BCH fork? Seems the kinda thing Craig Wright would do,

only allow a fork off of a BCH address proper on the snapshot? (clarify anyone)..anyway free $$$ I should probably keep up on this in some manner and get

an answer to this question on the fork. You'd think if legit it would be mentioned someplace as a yea or nay...but not a lot of clarity in all this Smiley

thanks off topic (kinda) but this crap is hanging like barnacles off my BTC blockchain...best to know I guess

brad

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 05:48:09 AM

And for anyone who couldn't figure out the bottom for metals is in:

BREAKING: Republic Metals Corporation (Gold & Silver Refiner/Private Mint) Files For Bankruptcy

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/breaking-republic-metals-corporation-gold-silver-refinerprivate-mint-files-for-bankruptcy/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:01:31 AM

And for anyone who couldn't figure out the bottom for metals is in:

BREAKING: Republic Metals Corporation (Gold & Silver Refiner/Private Mint) Files For Bankruptcy

https://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/breaking-republic-metals-corporation-gold-silver-refinerprivate-mint-files-for-bankruptcy/

Who gives a shit?
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:19:32 AM

Who gives a shit?

Were you replying to your own post?
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 06:31:58 AM

not sure we want to be on front page of goop but w/e
https://twitter.com/GwynethPaltrow/status/1059491821292679168

Lots of fucktarded idiots in the comment section like this D. Dickerson girl who was promoting voting for elections on blockchain.  Newsflash:  if you have voting on blockchain, your identity, social security, bank account, medical history, EVERYTHING else is also going to be tied to that entry.  It's a trojan horse for an exact replica of the Chinese social credit score system - a complete dystopia.  If the (Marxist Jewish controlled) govt doesn't like you, your non-fungible money will be blacklisted and turned off or unspendable, and entire existence will be wiped out with a keystroke just like they ban people on Twitter.

People who advocate forcing identity to be tied to "blockchain" are either shabbos goyim servants of the Jew banks, or just low IQ idiots in general.  But it doesn't matter what you do, because transaction validators in craptocurrency are always designed to centralize and inevitably be controlled/run by govts.  That's why there's zero reason to support any of this garbage over physical silver and gold.  The only possible evolution of craptocurrency is dystopia.

I can't buy a jug of milk with silver. You are not very original or interesting you know?
Pages: « 1 ... 21336 21337 21338 21339 21340 21341 21342 21343 21344 21345 21346 21347 21348 21349 21350 21351 21352 21353 21354 21355 21356 21357 21358 21359 21360 21361 21362 21363 21364 21365 21366 21367 21368 21369 21370 21371 21372 21373 21374 21375 21376 21377 21378 21379 21380 21381 21382 21383 21384 21385 [21386] 21387 21388 21389 21390 21391 21392 21393 21394 21395 21396 21397 21398 21399 21400 21401 21402 21403 21404 21405 21406 21407 21408 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 ... 33282 »
  Print  

Jump to: