April 24, 2024, 10:35:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21545 21546 21547 21548 21549 21550 21551 21552 21553 21554 21555 21556 21557 21558 21559 21560 21561 21562 21563 21564 21565 21566 21567 21568 21569 21570 21571 21572 21573 21574 21575 21576 21577 21578 21579 21580 21581 21582 21583 21584 21585 21586 21587 21588 21589 21590 21591 21592 21593 21594 [21595] 21596 21597 21598 21599 21600 21601 21602 21603 21604 21605 21606 21607 21608 21609 21610 21611 21612 21613 21614 21615 21616 21617 21618 21619 21620 21621 21622 21623 21624 21625 21626 21627 21628 21629 21630 21631 21632 21633 21634 21635 21636 21637 21638 21639 21640 21641 21642 21643 21644 21645 ... 33299 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367439 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:21:27 AM

Oopsie.  5M charts for fun and profit.  

... this is a joke.  I don't chart 5M.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:25:15 AM

Oopsie.  5M charts for fun and profit.  

Those look like random lines there Hairy.
kromer

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:26:35 AM
Merited by jbreher (1)

The crypto scene is the most "group think" thing I have ever encountered. Most of it stems from reddit, which is an easy-to-manipulate hive mind. There are even busineses that attempt to sway opinion using paid shills.

LOL, if you hang out here long enough, it will become abundantly clear that there is a multitude of alternative and conflicting opinions expressed here. I mean look at r0ach. A good portion of his posts are definitely not popular, yet a good portion of his posts remain. The moderation on Bitcointalk is actually quite light compared to reddit. Both the btc and Bitcoin thread there appear to be echo chambers.

The only thing I notice here is that everyone seems to hate BCH with a passion. It's understandable. If only there were one single definite strategy for scaling Bitcoin and maintaining decentralization, and therefore no need for multiple competing implementations. Then people wouldn't feel like they have to pick sides and defend their choices like their future depended on it.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:30:29 AM
Merited by jbreher (1), TheCactus (1)

Speaking of trilema, what ever happened to Mircea Popescu?

I heard he got stranded on a deserted island.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10147

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

some of the big block arguments resonate with me.

Retard

The typical ad hominem response I was expecting. It just proves my point about group think.

Seeing as I am a leftie, I will make it more PC for you.  Differently abled.

Retard or retarded is much better and more descriptive about what is really meant.

I'm retarded for keeping an open mind?

Your position is not an open mind, even if you are trying to present the position as such.. largely for the reasons that I already outlined.. and there may even be some other reasons.. but does not seem necessary to go down that path because it remains your burden to back up your bullshit, nonsense, retarded, position with facts and logic rather than my burden to show why you seem to be lacking (assuming that you really mean what you say rather than either being a paid shill, alt coin pumper or a disingenuine troll).
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:32:50 AM

Thatsthejoke.com  

Edit:  But if it was real TA, it would be predicting the failure of the break out.  
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:34:36 AM

Thatsthejoke.com

Babies are dying because of you joking.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:37:29 AM

I have spent much time doing my own investigation and came to the conclusion that I don't have enough information to predict with absolute certainty the best path forward in the long term, so I choose to keep all forks. I am a long term holder with no intention to ever sell my coins.

Don't bother arguing with these fools as 99% of them are too lazy to have done any due diligence themselves and just hope that someone else will work on bitcoin and it will somehow make them rich.  From memory, when I did the estimates way back in the day, I think I came up with bitcoin needing 8 MB blocks in the long run to function as a global settlement system where transactions of around $10k or more are viable.

Is 2 MB blocks + LN equal or better to that?  No.  LN is an even more centralized, more permissioned version of bitcoin where they seek to transfer all consumer payments to.  So you theoretically CAN transfer most bitcoin traffic there, but LN doesn't actually have anything in common with bitcoin in the first place.  It's a totally different system.  It's like replacing bitcoin with bitshares and pretending it's the same thing.  But when it comes down to it, bitcoin transaction validators are designed to centralize, nullifying any reason for it's existence, so there's no point in even discussing building any 2nd tier layers on it.

Discussing LN vs bigger blocks is like discussing what color to paint the Titanic.  It's 100% impossible to create a decentralized digital currency where transaction validators don't centralize.

kromer

Activity: 86
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:45:20 AM

Retard

The typical ad hominem response I was expecting. It just proves my point about group think.

Retard or retarded is much better and more descriptive about what is really meant.

Your position is not an open mind, even if you are trying to present the position as such.. largely for the reasons that I already outlined.. and there may even be some other reasons.. but does not seem necessary to go down that path because it remains your burden to back up your bullshit, nonsense, retarded, position with facts and logic rather than my burden to show why you seem to be lacking (assuming that you really mean what you say rather than either being a paid shill, alt coin pumper or a disingenuine troll).

I'm keeping my mind open about which strategy is best for Bitcoin in the long term, in terms of a complex mix of decentralization and scalability. I think that it is too early to say for certain, especially since I do not have a deep understanding of the Bitcoin codebase. For example, I couldn't explain to you right now exactly how SegWit works. So for this reason I keep all forks instead of making a guess or going along with the majority.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:47:24 AM

Because I have nothing better to do than shit post 5 minute charts

realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:58:39 AM

https://dailystormer.name/alabama-black-friday-sale-on-bullets-through-your-muffuggen-skull-nigga/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:59:23 AM

Retard

I really despise the term "group think." Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the reason the most popular opinion is popular is because it is the most compelling? Although it is true that sometimes the most popular opinion is dead wrong, it doesn't mean that every popular opinion is dead wrong and that I should only accept "alternate" theories. Every argument has to stand on its own merits.

The crypto scene is the most "group think" thing I have ever encountered.

Yeah because you seem to be seeing what you want to see, and then latch onto what you supposedly see in order to spin the nonsense to mean something more than it does.  You surely are acting like a great independent and critical thinker.  I am so proud of you, and grandma must be proud, too, that you are growing up so BIGGIE and so fast.

Most of it stems from reddit, which is an easy-to-manipulate hive mind.

This is not reddit... so who gives a shit.  Why don't you talk about your own non-backed up arguments rather than accusing others as having group think when you have not even made any kind of significant or meaningful point, beyond spouting out some talking point that you had heard on bitcoin.com.

There are even busineses that attempt to sway opinion using paid shills.

Again.. who gives a shit?  Of course, there are going to be paid shills, and you are spouting out some of their talking points in order to claim that such a thing exists...  Roll Eyes
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:00:27 AM

yup, looks still a bit bearish, but close to exhaustion at least for now.

I’m still short but have sharply deleveraged.  A short squeeze to $5k or even above is a real risk.
I see your point. I have cashed out part of it, and a short squeeze to 10k won't be able to upturn (liq) me.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:01:12 AM

I hate the word retarded. I prefer “special needs” or “developmentally disabled”.

Gizzer is all the word you need.

Gizzer? You mean geezer?

gentlemand is retarded because he failed and refused to learn to spell, and he got into bitcoin in the 3rd grade, defying all of his teachers.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edited:
Gizzer? You mean geezer?

Nope. Gizzer. With a hard G. Fly into Heathrow, say 'speed up, gizzer' to the immigration geezer and relish the reaction.

Oh fuck.. I've been schooled by someone who I had prematurely concluded to be retarded (I am so embarrassed by the direction of my attempt to joke)...    Embarrassed Embarrassed Lips sealed Lips sealed Undecided Undecided Cry Cry Cry
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:02:44 AM

These new accounts - newbs or not - are being a nuisance. The gentlemen here are restraining themselves quite a bit. Don't abuse our patience.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:05:58 AM

I'm keeping my mind open about which strategy is best for Bitcoin in the long term, in terms of a complex mix of decentralization and scalability. I think that it is too early to say for certain, especially since I do not have a deep understanding of the Bitcoin codebase. For example, I couldn't explain to you right now exactly how SegWit works. So for this reason I keep all forks instead of making a guess or going along with the majority.

Jesus

will you just fuck off with this shit?

we have been over and over and OVER this ground ad nauseum

and then you wander in here cold and its all over again
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:07:37 AM

Don't bother arguing with these fools as 99% of them are too lazy to have done any due diligence themselves and just hope that someone else will work on bitcoin and it will somehow make them rich.  From memory, when I did the estimates way back in the day, I think I came up with bitcoin needing 8 MB blocks in the long run to function as a global settlement system where transactions of around $10k or more are viable.

Is 2 MB blocks + LN equal or better to that?  No.  LN is an even more centralized, more permissioned version of bitcoin where they seek to transfer all consumer payments to.  So you theoretically CAN transfer most bitcoin traffic there, but LN doesn't actually have anything in common with bitcoin in the first place.  It's a totally different system.  It's like replacing bitcoin with bitshares and pretending it's the same thing.  But when it comes down to it, bitcoin transaction validators are designed to centralize, nullifying any reason for it's existence, so there's no point in even discussing building any 2nd tier layers on it.

Discussing LN vs bigger blocks is like discussing what color to paint the Titanic.  It's 100% impossible to create a decentralized digital currency where transaction validators don't centralize.

I'm not certain why you constantly belabor this point of decentralization. Satoshi himself already acknowledged this isn't going evolve into a perfectly decentralized system.
The current system where every user is a network node is not the intended configuration for large scale.  That would be like every Usenet user runs their own NNTP server.  The design supports letting users just be users.  The more burden it is to run a node, the fewer nodes there will be.  Those few nodes will be big server farms.  The rest will be client nodes that only do transactions and don't generate.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
The goal is to not allow any single miner or cartel to gain 51% control over the network. If 51% control is obtained than the system is totally vulnerable and is worth zero as p2p electronic cash.
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:13:04 AM
Merited by mindrust (2)

The crypto scene is the most "group think" thing I have ever encountered. Most of it stems from reddit, which is an easy-to-manipulate hive mind. There are even busineses that attempt to sway opinion using paid shills.

LOL, if you hang out here long enough, it will become abundantly clear that there is a multitude of alternative and conflicting opinions expressed here. I mean look at r0ach. A good portion of his posts are definitely not popular, yet a good portion of his posts remain. The moderation on Bitcointalk is actually quite light compared to reddit. Both the btc and Bitcoin thread there appear to be echo chambers.

The only thing I notice here is that everyone seems to hate BCH with a passion. It's understandable. If only there were one single definite strategy for scaling Bitcoin and maintaining decentralization, and therefore no need for multiple competing implementations. Then people wouldn't feel like they have to pick sides and defend their choices like their future depended on it.

No one is picking sides, you diptwat.

Haven't you realized yet that bcash is a disingenuine bitcoin attack vector, and they are not serious about any of their supposed technical criticisms of bitcoin... they merely wanted to create divisiveness and confusion and to pump some project for their egos and own attempted cash grabs.  There is no there, there with bcash.. so get over your bullshit attempts to act like there is some possible legitimacy when it does not exist.  Most people who are half awake realize some variation of those points that I just made, by now, which includes a decent amount of members who are active in this particular thread (except you want to come in here and teach us your nonsense-which has been covered many times in this thread.. so don't try to suggest that you are either smarter than the rest of us or that you are adding some kind of value or bringing up anything new and interesting.. because you are not).   Tongue Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:16:48 AM

Retard

Yeah, not only do you not understand the codebase (as you admit), you also don't seem to understand what differentiates bitcoin from other projects, whether those are forks or altcoins or ICOs or other purported imitator wannabes that fall quite short of the bitcoin mark.. think about sound money and network effects of bitcoin rather than getting caught up on dumb-ass and mostly irrelevant supposed distinctions based on code differences.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:30:26 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2018, 03:27:27 AM by xhomerx10
Merited by FractalUniverse (3)

Same chart zoomed out showing bear line.  Purple line is long term support from cryptowinter which we broke (ahead of schedule) before our latest drop.  We really should have waited until December before breaking it.  

yup, looks still a bit bearish, but close to exhaustion at least for now.
btw litecoin has already arrived to her "light blue line' during last run. I dont want to use it as leading indicator, but i take a look time to time for clues what to expect at major support lines.
And i hope bitcoin will stay at least one significant support level above ltc, so my potential minimal all-in level is between 2500-3000. but i'll buy some before that. even now im starting to have this fomo feeling

Bitcoin moon will be as beautiful as
 Z --> Z2 + C

edit: redo

Pages: « 1 ... 21545 21546 21547 21548 21549 21550 21551 21552 21553 21554 21555 21556 21557 21558 21559 21560 21561 21562 21563 21564 21565 21566 21567 21568 21569 21570 21571 21572 21573 21574 21575 21576 21577 21578 21579 21580 21581 21582 21583 21584 21585 21586 21587 21588 21589 21590 21591 21592 21593 21594 [21595] 21596 21597 21598 21599 21600 21601 21602 21603 21604 21605 21606 21607 21608 21609 21610 21611 21612 21613 21614 21615 21616 21617 21618 21619 21620 21621 21622 21623 21624 21625 21626 21627 21628 21629 21630 21631 21632 21633 21634 21635 21636 21637 21638 21639 21640 21641 21642 21643 21644 21645 ... 33299 »
  Print  

Jump to: