April 23, 2024, 05:25:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21622 21623 21624 21625 21626 21627 21628 21629 21630 21631 21632 21633 21634 21635 21636 21637 21638 21639 21640 21641 21642 21643 21644 21645 21646 21647 21648 21649 21650 21651 21652 21653 21654 21655 21656 21657 21658 21659 21660 21661 21662 21663 21664 21665 21666 21667 21668 21669 21670 21671 [21672] 21673 21674 21675 21676 21677 21678 21679 21680 21681 21682 21683 21684 21685 21686 21687 21688 21689 21690 21691 21692 21693 21694 21695 21696 21697 21698 21699 21700 21701 21702 21703 21704 21705 21706 21707 21708 21709 21710 21711 21712 21713 21714 21715 21716 21717 21718 21719 21720 21721 21722 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:58:57 PM

man

I remember real MDMA

I don't think they have that any more

Wasn't that was the short road to Parkinsons, or is that the new stuff? I only did Ecstasy once in the 90's in New Orleans (great time, still better than Sid).
But it didn't compare to Skleen.

Lessons learned (please dear god?!):

Don’t heed appeals to authority.
    Steer well clear of any speculative forces pushing for centralization of Bitcoin.
    Don’t be so damned hasty to make changes to underlying Bitcoin protocol and consensus rules.
    Hard-forked shitcoins do not inflate BTC supply: rather overwhelmingly, they approach zero after their head scammers have pumped and dumped the hell out of anyone stupid enough to buy their bullshit.
    Don’t try to stamp out a flaming bag of shit; you will only get shit on yourself.
    Thank a Bitcoin Core developer near you for strongly adhering to the above principles and continuing to work towards a stronger Bitcoin protocol!

Drug talk, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

I've done DOB and DOC out of the DOx family. First time I did DMT was quite a mix. Started off with 450ug of acid, after 2-3h when it peaked snorted some DMT fumarate (DMT salts, not as potent as smoking but still works), after 30min smoked some freebase on top of it and the same second a mate put 16mg (2x8 tabs) of DOC in my mouth. Holy fuck, the things I saw and felt cannot even be described. When the DMT wore off in about 15-20 minutes I added another 450ug of acid on top and tripped hard about another 20h, the longest continuous psychedelic trip I've ever had. Peak lasted around 24h alltogether and my brain was quite tired after that. I was still bazzled about what I saw a week later, everything was quite hard to take in. Had a 6 month break of psychedelics after that.

Max amount of acid at once was 1125ug, then things started to break apart and world was upside down at some points. I walked around in Surfers Paradise in Australia and all the people looked like they were from the movie "Monsters inc", that went on for a few hours at least.. indescribable stuff again. At some points you can't control your body properly, you try to move your left hand but right leg moves instead, you want to look up but head goes down instead, etc.. Fun times.

DOB was a bit dark, grey and dark red colours dominating all the visions and the on-come was quite long, 3-4h. It was still enjoyable, but needed a bit more work with the setup etc, not something you could just throw in and go hang around. Seen many bad trips on this substance, though I've never had one myself.

My favourite are Magic Mushrooms, they feel pure and just are really enjoyable. The trip doesn't last too long either (3-4h) and the oncome is normally very quick, some of them work after 15min already. After 5-6h a person is normally completely sober and can continue with everyday errands even if needed.

Stay safe folks! Smiley

THIS, something that is not stressed enough!

Always plan ahead when you are going to be out of your mind (mostly). We would make sure to eat first wait 1/2 an hour before dropping and go out into the woods or a park for the 9 or so hours of the trip. The few times I've gotten into trouble were when mingling with non trippers. I almost killed someone (they had attacked me and I saw red) and almost killed myself (walked down a 4 lane highway directly at the traffic calling the cars on). Those were both on Sid, the first I OD'd because I was lied to and the dude had tried to punk me off after I was gone (big mistake on his part, while I sat in jail a week he was in intensive care fighting for his life) and the second I believe was do to incremental and the fact that the OD (5 or 6 years prior) had fucked me over and I just cannot use LSD anymore. I have read it builds up and never leaves but I'm not sure about that I just know that It's pretty scary when you realize you almost killed someone with your bare hands and remember walking at cars hoping one would bring it on. Thats why I'll never do LSD again. But I do mis Mesc and all those great times. I've never had a bad trip on mesc but a buddy did on some green double barrel. I shadowed him for hours in the city keeping him out of trouble and dragging him away when the cops showed. Needless to say he didn't stay within the confines of the park.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:00:31 PM

So, no; jbreher is not becoming nervous during these trying times. Get the fuck out of here with your ridiculous mischaracterizing projection defense mechanisms.

JJG is a controversial character: a WO staple food but unsavoury to some, a rhetorical nightmare for the discerning reader but a force feeder of sense for the noob and the faith losing initiate.

One thing we can all agree with: his style has been shaped into memes by sympathizers and adversaries alike.

Indeed.

Perhaps?

That. What you did there. I see it.
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:02:13 PM

Somebody with power = the miners.
The current BTC price is much lower than the average cost of mining a single Bitcoin
right now and therefore the miners are heavily incentivized to prevent the price from
falling even further.

I think it is possible that we may see a temporary drop below 3000 $ / BTC, but there is
just no way that we will go below 2000 $ / BTC.

When the price drops, some miners leave the network, this actually lowers the mining cost. Imagine there is only one miner on the network, they will simply mine 12.5 BTC per 10 minutes with whatever gear they have. As long as miners do leave mining, the mining cost will go down and with it the price (eventually), there is actually no "no way" price, be it up or down.
TheCactus

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:02:50 PM

living through several X increase followed by huge loss in one month's time cannot help but induce a lizard brain / emotional response.

Undecided
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:08:52 PM

deep breaths, remember your happy place

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:14:17 PM

Is that a real thing? It's pretty funny. Looking. Pretty funny looking.

Nay, mine is somewhat more ... pedestrian.

I love the modesty so often on display here.

There's the self-effacing claim, and then there's the reality...

Haha. Yep, that tops LamboVan, all right.
dutchlincoln

Activity: 434
Merit: 30

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

modern piece of art - curious how the next one will looke like from february 2018 till mid december 2021
perhaps hairy can create such an art piece ?

just turn 90 degrees counterclockwise...  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:21:08 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Drug talk, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

I've done DOB and DOC out of the DOx family. First time I did DMT was quite a mix. Started off with 450ug of acid, after 2-3h when it peaked snorted some DMT fumarate (DMT salts, not as potent as smoking but still works), after 30min smoked some freebase on top of it and the same second a mate put 16mg (2x8 tabs) of DOC in my mouth. Holy fuck, the things I saw and felt cannot even be described. When the DMT wore off in about 15-20 minutes I added another 450ug of acid on top and tripped hard about another 20h, the longest continuous psychedelic trip I've ever had. Peak lasted around 24h alltogether and my brain was quite tired after that. I was still bazzled about what I saw a week later, everything was quite hard to take in. Had a 6 month break of psychedelics after that.

Max amount of acid at once was 1125ug, then things started to break apart and world was upside down at some points. I walked around in Surfers Paradise in Australia and all the people looked like they were from the movie "Monsters inc", that went on for a few hours at least.. indescribable stuff again. At some points you can't control your body properly, you try to move your left hand but right leg moves instead, you want to look up but head goes down instead, etc.. Fun times.

DOB was a bit dark, grey and dark red colours dominating all the visions and the on-come was quite long, 3-4h. It was still enjoyable, but needed a bit more work with the setup etc, not something you could just throw in and go hang around. Seen many bad trips on this substance, though I've never had one myself.

My favourite are Magic Mushrooms, they feel pure and just are really enjoyable. The trip doesn't last too long either (3-4h) and the oncome is normally very quick, some of them work after 15min already. After 5-6h a person is normally completely sober and can continue with everyday errands even if needed.

Stay safe folks! Smiley

THIS, something that is not stressed enough!

Always plan ahead when you are going to be out of your mind (mostly). We would make sure to eat first wait 1/2 an hour before dropping and go out into the woods or a park for the 9 or so hours of the trip. The few times I've gotten into trouble were when mingling with non trippers. I almost killed someone (they had attacked me and I saw red) and almost killed myself (walked down a 4 lane highway directly at the traffic calling the cars on). Those were both on Sid, the first I OD'd because I was lied to and the dude had tried to punk me off after I was gone (big mistake on his part, while I sat in jail a week he was in intensive care fighting for his life) and the second I believe was do to incremental and the fact that the OD (5 or 6 years prior) had fucked me over and I just cannot use LSD anymore. I have read it builds up and never leaves but I'm not sure about that I just know that It's pretty scary when you realize you almost killed someone with your bare hands and remember walking at cars hoping one would bring it on. Thats why I'll never do LSD again. But I do mis Mesc and all those great times. I've never had a bad trip on mesc but a buddy did on some green double barrel. I shadowed him for hours in the city keeping him out of trouble and dragging him away when the cops showed. Needless to say he didn't stay within the confines of the park.

Ouch, that's one hell of a story, glad you came out alive!

I've never had a bad trip on any substance and I've experimented with pretty large amounts, ofcourse it took some time and practise to get at those levels. But yeah, most of the time everything was planned and thought through before ingesting anything, proper setup is very important or things can go sideways pretty easily. In the end though I didn't have any problems being in public on LSD and I could control myself too, I always had some xannies in my pocket in case something would go wrong, luckily it never didn't. But yeah, that's (probably) in the past now, I might reminisce some time in the future but that's not likely in the coming years. If anything, all the tripping made me a much better person and opened my eyes, I was a complete brat before I started experimenting with psychedelics.
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:22:32 PM

My first Ledger Nano S just arrived, it was posted from France and came to Estonia in about 44h, pretty freakin' fast. Even more so as the order was placed on a Sunday.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:23:17 PM

There are games out there. And you can do stuff in them. Set conditions, variables. Then sit back and watch the madness unfold. Why wouldn't an Elder God do the same with us, just for teh lulz?
and then they program that ONE genius guy to create BTC and save all of the human/finance environment to live happy ever after?

satoshi would be a NPC, thats why no one can find him, no longer needed in the simulation.

This just in: Jimmy Hoffa discovered to be a NPC. Stay tuned for details at eleven.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:33:49 PM

https://blog.goodaudience.com/bitcoin-network-momentum-a42346b2f0ce

Bitcoin Network Momentum
A new leading indicator for Bitcoin price during its major market cycles
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:40:40 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2018, 05:02:27 PM by Hueristic

My bank just locked my play account where my most (actually all) FIAT investings located. Called them, she couldn't point out the reason but she said they'll get in touch to inform me.

I am afraid the reason is Bitcoin...

Banks are like online wallets, only deposit what you can afford to lose.
I've had my accounts stolen 3 times in my life. Legal thievery is still thievery.

Let’s hope it’s just drugs

I Lol'd Smiley

Alright, danger is gone. It was neither of them.

They were suspecting that i was using my account for business purposes which is kinda true. :/ Money was going in and out from/to my business account.

They basically said "if you want to do business open the fuck up a business account."

Ahh, yes they were not getting enough of a cut. Still, its a good wakeup call, they own your fiat private keys. Cheesy

At this stage simulation theory makes as much sense as any other.

someone wrote (sorry dunno who, science fiction author perhaps?) that we arent in a simulation. main reason being that irrational numbers exist. like pi.. something so universally used in nature that a simulation would waste vast amounts of computing power to model it. so basically, in a simulation, no irrational numbers would exist as it would be a poor design for a simulation to include such things.

Although I do not adhere to the simulation theory I would say the irrational number counter on its face is solid, but only in a universe that we can describe. Wink
And we do not even have a Unified theory yet.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:42:49 PM

Once the schmalz is rendered don't expect the duck to quack.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2413

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:46:38 PM

My bank just locked my play account where my most (actually all) FIAT investings located. Called them, she couldn't point out the reason but she said they'll get in touch to inform me.

Banks are like online wallets, only deposit what you can afford to lose.
I've had my accounts stolen 3 times in my life. Legal thievery is still thievery.

I was keeping my cash at home until this month actually.

Kept them at home more than a year because the political situation is pure shit here in my country. But then I couldn't resist and put them in my bank account again because I lost so many trading opportunities between USD and EUR currencies. The interest rates are also around 4-5%/year here for USD (you could get %10 in August) which is better than many.

My USD balances are slowly leaking to btc anyway.

I don't like banks. I hate them but at this point I still need them.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:49:02 PM

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:56:33 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), kingcolex (2), jojo69 (1), jbreher (1), gentlemand (1), El duderino_ (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

Only a plain bagel at these coin prices boys.

You should have had pancakes!  Torroidal functions are much harder to simulate than circles; you're glitching the simulation.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:01:33 PM

use several banks. i use one specifically for crypto, its linked to coinbase and Gemini and its the only account i have thats associated with crypto. thats its only use. when i cash any out i set aside what the estimated taxes will be and put that into a cd at the same bank.

Hah, speaking of CD's, I used to have them and roll them over every few months and had called ahead and told them not to roll one over and I'd be in to pick it up the next day. I went there the next day which was a friday an hour before closing and they had rolled the CD over despite my call and then tried to say I had never made that phone call so I stood in front of everyone standing in line and told them all what kind of theives the new Credit Union owners were (It had been bought recently after I had been there 20+ years) and I told them to cash out all my cd's and give me my cash and they said we can't till monday and I told them I was going to call the cops on them and made them open the vault they had closed an hour earlier. Fucking pricks, cost me a ton in fee's and wiped out all my cd gains for years. Interest always gets eaten by sneaky fees they always manage to hit you with. Credit Unions are now banks as well and being run for profit.

W0w, nice fees too. wish I had me some of that!

On the ole simulation topic, calm me old-school but I'm sticking with the whole God thing.

I am a confirmed agnostic, I freely admit that I cannot know for sure if there is a god or not as I would have to be that god in order to know if I existed. I believe if there is one it exists outside our universe and could have possible created it but we will never truly know so it is not even worth the time to argue over it.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:12:32 PM

I recognise that keyboard.  Ill be round in 10.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:15:27 PM

no man that train already past by....... next one will be filled with much more n00bs hanging on it
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

12288$

22/11/2018 Last of the V8s  Sad
01/12/2018 Alexander_Z
07/03/2019 CoinCube
15/04/2019 Spaceman_Spiff_Original
20/06/2019 bitebits
13/12/2019 nikauforest
10/04/2020 yefi
05/09/2020 samson   
23/06/2021 fortune143             

only 8 remaining, and i think on the 24777 only 6-7 or something Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 21622 21623 21624 21625 21626 21627 21628 21629 21630 21631 21632 21633 21634 21635 21636 21637 21638 21639 21640 21641 21642 21643 21644 21645 21646 21647 21648 21649 21650 21651 21652 21653 21654 21655 21656 21657 21658 21659 21660 21661 21662 21663 21664 21665 21666 21667 21668 21669 21670 21671 [21672] 21673 21674 21675 21676 21677 21678 21679 21680 21681 21682 21683 21684 21685 21686 21687 21688 21689 21690 21691 21692 21693 21694 21695 21696 21697 21698 21699 21700 21701 21702 21703 21704 21705 21706 21707 21708 21709 21710 21711 21712 21713 21714 21715 21716 21717 21718 21719 21720 21721 21722 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: