April 25, 2024, 10:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22032 22033 22034 22035 22036 22037 22038 22039 22040 22041 22042 22043 22044 22045 22046 22047 22048 22049 22050 22051 22052 22053 22054 22055 22056 22057 22058 22059 22060 22061 22062 22063 22064 22065 22066 22067 22068 22069 22070 22071 22072 22073 22074 22075 22076 22077 22078 22079 22080 22081 [22082] 22083 22084 22085 22086 22087 22088 22089 22090 22091 22092 22093 22094 22095 22096 22097 22098 22099 22100 22101 22102 22103 22104 22105 22106 22107 22108 22109 22110 22111 22112 22113 22114 22115 22116 22117 22118 22119 22120 22121 22122 22123 22124 22125 22126 22127 22128 22129 22130 22131 22132 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367636 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:54:30 AM

Trod craefully for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Holy shit thats fumy! I wonder if that thing is infected with that brain parasite that makes rodents suicide?

Rodents can be very aggressive when cornered. The cat has probably spent some time "playing" with him over and over, he is completely fed up and probably already thinks the only possible way to escape alive is to attack back and scare the predator. It seems perfectly normal survival behaviour to me.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:56:29 AM

toxoplazmosis
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:58:55 AM

OMG! Seems like all the gold R0ach is hodling will soon be worthless:

Breakthrough: Chinese Scientists Turn Copper Into 'Gold'

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-23/breakthrough-chinese-scientists-turn-copper-gold

It probably will not effect gold as a store of value but it sure will not help it increase in value as it can be substituted in industieal applications but does not even remotely appear as gold as the clickbait headline states.

toxoplazmosis

+1 WO for you sir!
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:02:50 AM

toxoplazmosis

That would also be a possibility, yeah. But seeing how the cat was carrying the mice on its mouth at the beginning of the video I would say that is enough reason to try to attack back as soon as he is released and before the cat gets him again (something that probably have already happened for several times before this video clip).

Rodents are extremely intelligent, powerful and aggressive (when in life danger) creatures.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:05:04 AM

toxoplazmosis

That would also be a possibility, yeah. But seeing how the cat was carrying the mice on its mouth at the beginning of the video I would say that is enough reason to try to attack back as soon as he is released and before the cat gets him again (something that probably have already happened for several times before this video clip).

Thats alot of speculation but thats what this thread is for right? Tongue
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:06:57 AM

toxoplazmosis

Yeah, Bitcoin can be like a fucking rat sometimes Smiley

Now that I think about it... the honey badger is very rat alike........
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:07:41 AM

Friggin awesome!

Judge over multi-billion dollar Bitcoin lawsuit tells Craig Wright he must stand trial because dismissing the case would be an "injustice

toxoplazmosis

Yeah, Bitcoin can be like a fucking rat sometimes Smiley

Now that I think about it... the honey badger is very rat alike........

It's certainly being a real ratten right now!

Some of the stuff that Franky1 is talking about is complex / can’t be fucked working through it.  But it’s pretty clear that a significant proportion of what he is saying is bullshit.  So safe to ignore the balance of what he is saying. I think best just to put him on ignore. 

Link to the thread?
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:15:31 AM

If Klein put them into an encrypted wallet, it's likely no one will spend those coins until quantum cryptography begins freeing them up.

Coins mined in the first two years of bitcoin's existence are not safe from quantum attack.

I have long said that Satoshi's bitcoin are a quantum canary. Once we see them begin moving, we will now that someone in the world has a functioning advanced quantum computer.

It's just too big a prize not to be the first thing that you do with a QC. I would even expect governments employees to try this if they had access.

If, on the other hand, we see all Satoshi coins move at once, that means someone has the private key.

Because Satoshi kept each 50 BTC distribution from his mining in a separate wallet. And even QC takes a lot of time to crack even those early wallets. Months or longer I would expect.

The other possibility is that someone with a QC could crack wallets and then not move the bitcoin, waiting to move it all later. But this is unlikely because they must fear that someone else is attempting the same thing and could beat them to the punch if they wait.

So, if we see say 5 or 10 Satoshi wallets move all at once, then that should also be considered a QC event as well. 10 wallets, randomly chosen from the Satoshi blocks, would not be a huge risk to wait to move.

The point in waiting is that the minute a Satoshi block moves, the market will react very negatively, because we can expect those coins to be freed up and reach the markets, bringing the price down.

So, whoever first has a QC and begins targeting bitcoin, they will move those coins and sell them quickly.

Then the sh!t will hit the fan.

I wonder how the devs will react then. Should we move to lock down those early coins so they cannot be stolen? Historically the devs have opted against such things.

hmmmmm
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:15:45 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Quote from: Hueristic link=topic=178336.msg48922722#msg4
Link to the thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5080565.0

It's VB1001's first thread and it is having some interesting success.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:16:07 AM

Anything requiring physical access isn't scary.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:18:25 AM

If Klein put them into an encrypted wallet, it's likely no one will spend those coins until quantum cryptography begins freeing them up.

Coins mined in the first two years of bitcoin's existence are not safe from quantum attack.

I have long said that Satoshi's bitcoin are a quantum canary. Once we see them begin moving, we will now that someone in the world has a functioning advanced quantum computer.

It's just too big a prize not to be the first thing that you do with a QC. I would even expect governments employees to try this if they had access.

If, on the other hand, we see all Satoshi coins move at once, that means someone has the private key.

Because Satoshi kept each 50 BTC distribution from his mining in a separate wallet. And even QC takes a lot of time to crack even those early wallets. Months or longer I would expect.

The other possibility is that someone with a QC could crack wallets and then not move the bitcoin, waiting to move it all later. But this is unlikely because they must fear that someone else is attempting the same thing and could beat them to the punch if they wait.

So, if we see say 5 or 10 Satoshi wallets move all at once, then that should also be considered a QC event as well. 10 wallets, randomly chosen from the Satoshi blocks, would not be a huge risk to wait to move.

The point in waiting is that the minute a Satoshi block moves, the market will react very negatively, because we can expect those coins to be freed up and reach the markets, bringing the price down.

So, whoever first has a QC and begins targeting bitcoin, they will move those coins and sell them quickly.

Then the sh!t will hit the fan.

I wonder how the devs will react then. Should we move to lock down those early coins so they cannot be stolen? Historically the devs have opted against such things.

hmmmmm

Meh.  Its about time we had some QC FUD.  I have been missing it. 
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:18:45 AM

They lost the main architect on their mining chips if I remember it right, they took forever to get this last miner out and I would say the enemies are at the gate as efficiency comes, and those wanting to mine drops.

Fuck Bitmain and their wanting to be king of crypto they wanting their antcoin or whatever it was called and then gave up to join btrash.

Fuck em.

He's their competition now. Smiley

Quantum resistance is a complicated question on so many levels we probably are not even foreseeing all the angles it can effect. Are there Devs specifically tasked to contingency plan for this?

Anything requiring physical access isn't scary.

True that.

Quote from: Hueristic link=topic=178336.msg48922722#msg4
Link to the thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5080565.0

It's VB1001's first thread and it is having some interesting success.

thanks +1 sM
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:19:45 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 03:29:50 AM by bitserve

I don't see it scary. I have always assumed that anyone having physical access to my hardware wallets and some resources to spend to reverse engineer the content of the memory chip would end having access to my private keys. The cost is probably higher than my Bitcoin stash.... but not yours. Anyway, don't fucking let anyone else to have physical access to your hardware wallets?

The other vulnerabilities seem to reside on the possibility of you trusting a hardware wallet which firmware has been tampered with. Again, doesn't scare me. I know my firmwarez, yo.

That being said, for VERY HIGH amounts, you could just use an offline PC *AND* a hardware wallet that is never connected to an online PC. Sign the tx, Carry it to an online computer via USB and broadcast it to the network with ANY software wallet (ie Electrum). Can't get much safer and paranoid than that.

For 100+ BTC stashes I would surely be doing that.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:25:17 AM

i used to be a somebody Sad

Ha, I just put that on 2 days ago!

all I need is this theymos

Brooke my rule you made me Lol. +1sM
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:29:26 AM

Getting too old for electronic diffs, too old for lightning browser plugins, too old for millions wasted on disposable toys that go jolly fast and obliterate muh environment, too old for one weird company's blockchain shoved down at me from space.
There's a fucking war on.
These fuckers should all rally round designing and producing the only things that matter: chips free from govt control, miners that go jolly fast and obliterate only the tip of muh environment, software that is not as bloated, shonky and illegible as JJG's 'Memoirs and Musings: My Bookywook (volumes 1 thru 34)(part I)' and then and only after that, vehicles that are useful for the coming world with no roads and no electricity, a wealth of fallout, guns, bandits and finally, vast open spaces free at last from the the poor, the stupid, the hungry.

Well, at least the poor, the stupid and the hungry seems to be disappearing, it's of course the same people.
They are hungry because they are poor and they are poor because they are stupid. Stupid people won't get well paid jobs, if they get any at all.
I read somewhere that the increasing average IQ in the world, the Flynn effect, is not because we are all getting a little smarter for every generation, nor is it because we are getting more of the really smart people. It's actually because we are getting fewer and fewer dumb people in the world for every generation.
To put it bluntly, the losers aren't finding any mates, and thus do not procreate, thereby not spreading their stupid genes to a new generation.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:32:22 AM

Can't say that I understand this shit either but it's nice to see such a good fudder get swatted. Cheesy

and ignored for future reference.

firstly trying to get mempools synced is meant to be about if everyone has the same tx set before a pool mines a block, then all that needs to be sent as a confirmed block is the headers and list of txid's. thus reducing the data needed to be sent when a confirmed block is created.
Our work is not related to making "mempools synced", though they are naturally similar.

Our work is exclusively related to eliminating the massive overheads from relaying transactions the first time through as they go around the network.

to then suddenly need to grab hundreds of transactions from X and hundreds of tx from Y AGAIN
That doesn't happen in the Bitcoin protocol, no one has proposed for it to happen, and it isn't needed.

It's really a shame that people are forced to waste their time correcting you simply because you are so persistent and voluminous in your inaccuracies that you manage to confuse many people even though your posts are not very convincing.

i do find it funny that it was these very same devs that wanted a fee freemarket by removing a fee priority mechanism to make individualising mempools, that are now seeing the flaw in it..
Your statement here makes no sense.  Nodes prioritize transactions by feerate, none of that has been removed.  The only "individualizing" in practice is that a low memory host might reduce their mempool size. This is, in any case, totally unrelated to removing the relay inefficiencies.

but allowing nodes to relay tx's and drop them due to "fee free market" but then have to interrogate nodes to list their entire mempools(actually causing more bandwidth) and pick up the tx's AGAIN(more bandwidth again).. is silly..
Again, Bitcoin nodes don't interrogate nodes to list mempools nor pick up transactions again, no one has proposed they do, because there is no reason to do that.

Just pre-empting another confused tangent: There is a "mempool" p2p message which was added to the protocol by bitpay for the purpose of surveilling the network under a dishonest justification, which was later realized to be a privacy problem and the privacy leak was removed (and after that bitpay's staff recommended removing it from the protocol).  Bitcoin Core has no ability to send a mempool p2p request and never has had the ability to do so. It might be interesting to do so at initial startup to quick start the mempool and give miners something to mine after being offline for a while, but at the moment no one is working on that, AFAIK.

they all initially did get 1,2,3,4,a,b,c,d at initial relay..

The problem we are addressing is that if you have 100 peers, each of your hundred peers will advertise (or have advertised to them) each of those 8 transactions, using 100x the bandwidth on those advertisements as if you had only one peer.

the solution is much more simple.. get rid of the free market that lets nodes drop tx's in the initial relay. thus they would ALL have them all first go-around. without having to interrogate EACH connected node, after dropping.. because their would be no drop in the first place.
The need for nodes to potentially drop transactions has nothing to do with free market behaviour and everything to do with nodes not having infinite storage to keep the transactions.  But there is, again, no interrogation-- they don't need to go refetch them again.

X)now the first node has to ask the third node for the list.. 1,a,b,c,d (more data than initial relay)
y)now the first node has to ask the third node for the missing.. d (more data than initial relay)

You've misunderstood what we've accomplished here.

If at some point during the initial relay of transactions,  you receive from your other peers TX  A, B, C, D, E, F  and I get TX B, C, D, E, F In the historical Bitcoin protocol each of those 6 values would be sent across the link between us (potentially twice).

Instead, you could send me the single value X = A xor B xor C xor D xor E xor F,  or I could send you the single value Y = B xor C xor D xor E xor F.  

After the single value is exchanged whomever received it computes  X xor Y = A -- the missing transaction, even though neither of us knew in advance which transaction was missing.

Minisketch generalizes this to support any number of differences.  The data sent is exactly equal to the number of different values, regardless of how big the original sets are. (In fact, the first value in a minisketch is exactly what I described above: the xor of all the elements in your set).

So, if you have received in relay A, B, C, D ... X  and I have  already received B, C, D ... X, Y, Z;   Then I need send you only three values (or you me): The xor of all my values, the xor of all my values cubed, and the xor of all my values to the fifth power... and then you will know that I am missing A from you, and you are missing Y, Z from me.  And by doing this we send only three values on the link between us in the initial relay instead of 26 - 52 (depending on how much duplication there is from concurrent sends).

by getting rid of the "free market" and getting back to a consensus fee priority formulae/structure that everyone follows means
There has never been and can never been a "consensus priority formula", because priority by its very definition is external to consensus.  But the behaviour of existing nodes is consistent-- they keep and drop the same transactions, subject to having them in the first place, and subject to the restriction that anything configured to use less memory obviously can't keep as much.

to then not need to re-interrogate nodes and re-relay transactions.. then you will get to conect to 16-24 nodes as oppose to 8. and no need extra bandwidth and commands/sums playing around.
There is no re-interrogation, no-rerelay in Bitcoin, nor is any proposed.  It exists only in the imaginary protocol that you spend your days attacking and confusing people with.  The inefficiency in Bitcoin that we're working to resolve exists in the initial relay itself, and would still exists even if nodes had no mempools at all.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:35:24 AM

Getting too old for electronic diffs, too old for lightning browser plugins, too old for millions wasted on disposable toys that go jolly fast and obliterate muh environment, too old for one weird company's blockchain shoved down at me from space.
There's a fucking war on.
These fuckers should all rally round designing and producing the only things that matter: chips free from govt control, miners that go jolly fast and obliterate only the tip of muh environment, software that is not as bloated, shonky and illegible as JJG's 'Memoirs and Musings: My Bookywook (volumes 1 thru 34)(part I)' and then and only after that, vehicles that are useful for the coming world with no roads and no electricity, a wealth of fallout, guns, bandits and finally, vast open spaces free at last from the the poor, the stupid, the hungry.

Well, at least the poor, the stupid and the hungry seems to be disappearing, it's of course the same people.
They are hungry because they are poor and they are poor because they are stupid. Stupid people won't get well paid jobs, if they get any at all.
I read somewhere that the increasing average IQ in the world, the Flynn effect, is not because we are all getting a little smarter for every generation, nor is it because we are getting more of the really smart people. It's actually because we are getting fewer and fewer dumb people in the world for every generation.
To put it bluntly, the losers aren't finding any mates, and thus do not procreate, thereby not spreading their stupid genes to a new generation.

That does not correlate my observations albeit they are from a significantly small pool of only people I have had contact with in life.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:39:27 AM

tomorrow will be a new session of BTCpoker ... 8 session then payout
hope to be lucky and to see some good action cards...

non stop sit & go's ... four way and HU looking forward Wink

I want to see a shot of you at the final table!

Just got back and got smoked the last 2 days (every fucking flush against me got there!). Cheesy
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:41:31 AM

redacted for brevity

hmmmmm

Meh.  Its about time we had some QC FUD.  I have been missing it. 

I don't think the author is fudding.  I don't know how many qbits it would take to make an attack on early addresses feasible, but those qbits are certainly coming eventually.

I think the idea of Satoshi's coins as a quantum DEW line is interesting indeed.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:47:31 AM

toxoplazmosis
A fascinating thing. But from my understanding, in rodents it makes them attracted to cat urine. It's humans that it makes aggressive.
Pages: « 1 ... 22032 22033 22034 22035 22036 22037 22038 22039 22040 22041 22042 22043 22044 22045 22046 22047 22048 22049 22050 22051 22052 22053 22054 22055 22056 22057 22058 22059 22060 22061 22062 22063 22064 22065 22066 22067 22068 22069 22070 22071 22072 22073 22074 22075 22076 22077 22078 22079 22080 22081 [22082] 22083 22084 22085 22086 22087 22088 22089 22090 22091 22092 22093 22094 22095 22096 22097 22098 22099 22100 22101 22102 22103 22104 22105 22106 22107 22108 22109 22110 22111 22112 22113 22114 22115 22116 22117 22118 22119 22120 22121 22122 22123 22124 22125 22126 22127 22128 22129 22130 22131 22132 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: