March 28, 2024, 01:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 22596 22597 22598 22599 22600 [22601] 22602 22603 22604 22605 22606 22607 22608 22609 22610 22611 22612 22613 22614 22615 22616 22617 22618 22619 22620 22621 22622 22623 22624 22625 22626 22627 22628 22629 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 ... 33203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336460 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 04:22:53 AM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/13/republicans-move-amendment-against-antisemitism-thru-house-unanimously/

The crooked and bought US congress passes unanimous 424-0 vote attempting to outlaw "anti-semitism", meaning illegal to criticize or boycott international Jewry because the goyim are scum and only Jews matter.  In case it wasn't obvious who controls the US govt, media, and banking system.  

What do you suppose the vote would on outlawing anti-caucasianism?  Probably 20-400?  The faster the Jewish occupied US govt, media, banking system, and everything else burns to the ground the better.  You are no patriot attempting to prop this shit up.  We might as well pray for Putin to just go ahead and launch the missiles.  He would be doing us a favor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1454

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:16:10 AM

^ Since WHEN have you been so vehemently obsessed about all that stuff? All your life? Decades? Only past few years?
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:35:44 AM

I lived in China for about six months.  In Shanghai, in the French concession.  I was working for a company in the Jing'an district.  This gave me the opportunity to experience first hand what it is like to live in a country with little to no environmental regulations.  It has been awhile since I have been there so things may have changed a bit since but I have my doubts.

• I went out to the bars on Bund one night and came home piss drunk.  Hopped in the shower and was thirsty and drunk so took a big mouthful of water.  I nearly vomited and was instantly sober.  Shanghai tap water is disgusting - no one drinks it except the very poor.  It tastes like liquid metal with god knows what mixed in
  • I was driving home in a taxi one winter evening and looked out the window at the beautiful snow fall.  Then I realised it was still well above freezing.  The falling "snow" was just fly ash from the local coal fired power station
  • A friend of mine landed at the airport.  I went to collect her.  On the taxi ride into the city she commented on the moon which was high in the sky.  I told her 'no' that's the sun and its just smog that make it look dim.  We then had an argument about whether it was the sun or the moon.  I was right and she was wrong.

Here is a picture of what Shanghai looks like on a typical day

Here is a photo of Beijing, which tends to be worse than Shanghai

A pic from Shijiazhuang which is further inland

You guys might think that environmental regulations are killing the USA and UK, but I suggest the opposite.  A lack of environmental regulations are killing China and places in Asia.  All the rich Chinese establish anchor homes in the West, in part just so they can get away from the pollution.  

Think twice before you advocate for getting rid of environmental protections.  You might think that the EPA is communist, but it is truly awful living somewhere without proper environmental controls.  I was offered a pay rise if I would stay for another six months after my contract was up, but I got the fuck out of China and have never been back.  Once I got off the plane in the West and walked into the airport parking lot, all I could smell was this wall of fresh air and flowers.  That memory is absolutely seared into my brain after six months of living in smog.  

Some more information just so you don't think I am making it up:

Can I drink the tap water in China?

No, the tap water in China is not safe to drink. Unlike most western countries where there is easy access to safe tap water, in most places in China the tap water, although it looks clear, is not safe for drinking unless it has been boiled. Even in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai, water from the tap is not well filtered, sterilized, or purified, and may carry hazardous contaminants like sediments, rusts, bacteria, virus, chlorines, or other heavy metals. Sicknesses like diarrhea caused by drinking unclean water may spoil your trip.
Source: https://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/water.htm

China's air pollution crisis shows no sign of ending as nation fails to lower coal use  10 January 2017

For the last month, severe air pollution has choked Beijing and coal is estimated to cause about 40 per cent of the smog in the nation's capital. Other cities in the north, such as Shijiazhuang, have recorded air quality of 1000 PM2.5. PM2.5 are fine particles less than 2.5 micrometres in diameter that can lodge in the lungs and get into the bloodstream. The World Health Organisation says anything over 25 PM2.5 as a health hazard
 Source:  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-08/chinese-air-pollution-crisis-caused-by-ongoing-coal-use/8168702

Look at you, using all facts and shit, lets not have that crap get in the way of a good party line.

I have no issues with green policy. We need to be smart about it. For instance if we turned all of our cars to electric today, then we would only have a 50 year supply of lithium for batteries. My point is the earth is finite in every regard. You need rare earths for magnets for wind turbines etc. and the leaching process to refine mined metals is highly polluting. With a bit of effort you can minimize the pollution but you also use a hell of a lot of fresh water.

Let me give an example of bad policy. Natural gas is considered a clean transition fuel ( by most nations ) to get to the quote clean economy. New Zealand has passed laws to stop all new exploration /( consents by the government) to search for natural gas. This is a green labor deal. We go into a worldwide supply deficit for Natural Gas starting in 2020. China is or will be soon the world leader in renewable energy. They also realize using natural gas will help get them there. ( Good Policy ) Last time I checked they have plans to increase natural gas use while decreasing things like coal.

Green is good when it is intelligent. At any rate there is a ton of money to be made on the transition if you know what commodities will be valuable.

just sayin..
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:43:46 AM

I would argue shitcoiners are not nonconformists and they're just being duped by shills like Andreas Antonoplous into conforming to centralized, imaginary, valueless tokens with built-in, rent seeking middlemen and away from real decentralized money like silver and gold, but if shitcoiners actually were nonconformists, this is the type of nonconformist they would be:

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:49:46 AM

I worked in mining for 15 years.  We have fuck loads of lithium, rare earths, gold, copper, coal, uranium etc.  

The calculation of a mineable reserves only references quantities that are economically extractable at the current market price.  Increase the current market price by 50% and you could easily triple or quadruple known economically extractable reserves.  “Hey where did all this lithium just come from nowhere?”  It was always there, just you would lose money with every shovel full at the previous price, so it wasn’t counted as a “reserve”. 

Half the time they can get significant production by just reprocessing tailings with modern methods.

That’s what people like Roach don’t understand.  There is a massive dam wall of supply of ore just waiting for the price to creep up a bit.  Put the price of gold up 10% and bam the Chinese reopen all the mines they shuttered.

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:56:10 AM

^Your Jewish scam post, as usual, omits the fact that under a gold, silver, and copper based monetary system, energy in the form of things like diesel is much of the cost to extract said resource.  You cannot 'flood' the market with infinite supply if you have to pay for the gas using gold and silver in order to mine gold and silver.  

You can only strip mine plunder and waste all the world's resources overnight if you can pay for extracting them with something like fiat notes printed out of thin air.  You can't plow through them all instantly if you have to pay with actual resources to extract resources. You also don't seem to understand anything based on artificial scarcity whether it's fiat bills or bitcoins has ZERO value and is just a man-made Ponzi scam.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:58:51 AM

^ Are you so scared of the truth that you do not dare to answer? SINCE WHEN?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 05:59:07 AM

For starters all haul trucks and excavators are going electric (better torque, far less maintenance) so the price of diesel is irrelevant you dinosaur.  Put the price of gold up by 10% and you can afford to run a shiny new high voltage transmission line to your mine to power the gear and draw on renewables or whatever mix makes up your grid.

On some grids, the price of power is going negative (you get paid to take the electricity) because solar is pumping   out more power than demand can absorb.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:02:37 AM

For starters all haul trucks and excavators are going electric (better torque, far less maintenance) so the price of diesel is irrelevant you dinosaur.  

Plus as much vehicles are gradually going to electric, price of gas/diesel will lower in price because of the huge demand reduction.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:02:44 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2019, 06:17:06 AM by realr0ach

For starters all haul trucks and excavators are going electric (better torque, far less maintenance) so the price of diesel is irrelevant you dinosaur.  

Nice.  You believe in 18 wheeler trucks run by batteries that take as much space as the truck's entire hauling capacity...or more.  If you were actually in the mining industry, you would also know there is no way in fucking hell you are running any of these enormous vehicles on batteries.  The tires on these things are the size of a house.  

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:08:31 AM

Good one dinosaur.  All electric haul trucks are particularly valuable underground, but they are starting to use battery powered in open pit ops too.

Komatsu HD605: https://im-mining.com/2017/06/28/e-dumper-electric-mining-truck-becoming-reality-switzerland/

Z40:  https://www.quarrymagazine.com/Article/8646/World-first-all-battery-powered-haul-truck-unveiled

If you look at the draglines, which are 10x or 50x the size of the haul trucks, you will realise they are all electric as well.  

Big Muskie is the world's largest dragline.  Built in 1969 was all electric, ran off a power cable.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Muskie
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:20:46 AM

I worked in mining for 15 years.  We have fuck loads of lithium, rare earths, gold, copper, coal, uranium etc.  

The calculation of a mineable reserves only references quantities that are economically extractable at the current market price.  Increase the current market price by 50% and you could easily triple or quadruple known economically extractable reserves.  “Hey where did all this lithium just come from nowhere?”  It was always there, just you would lose money with every shovel full at the previous price, so it wasn’t counted as a “reserve”. 

Half the time they can get significant production by just reprocessing tailings with modern methods.

That’s what people like Roach don’t understand.  There is a massive dam wall of supply of ore just waiting for the price to creep up a bit.  Put the price of gold up 10% and bam the Chinese reopen all the mines they shuttered.

Right I agree! Economically ex tractable. Is the key!!!! Have a look at Lynas ( Australia rare earth producer ) and the controversy in Malaysia about its processing plant. They are upset about radioactive byproducts in the refining process.

Anyways I have not worked in the mining industry but I understand it quite well. The greens will make some people quite rich who understand the resource needs to transform the economy. My point is most greens do understand the trade offs with pollution.

I have worked in Singapore on two occasions. I think we will transition to a green economy but we will need many forms of energy production. One example I saw in Singapore was at a car park. Every time you ran over what looking like a plastic speed bump it generated energy that was stored and reused on site.

Anyways I am happy with the green proposals because it will cause a boom in certain minerals. Remember for every Prius Car you build there is a whole the size of your house in Australia dug for the 17 or so KG's of rare earths. As you know we are talking grams per ton of extracted material.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4080

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:21:54 AM

Never said that "normal people" push more for organic food than they cared about money. Simply stated that money isn't the only, or even primary factor in most people's lives. If it was nobody would be buying anything besides food. People would even live on the street if they didn't need an address for jobs and whatnot. Fact is, for rich people it's rarely about money, and for poor people it's about surviving - also not about money. Nobody truly gives a shit about money.

Well..you said people and it does not matter at all in the slightest as to their normality as to whether or not they are engaged with worry about money. Everyone does it to some degree or another and I would argue that wealth in and of itself requires perhaps more primacy in ones life than being poor does. As for your last sentence I would point you to look closer at history because this concept has dominated human culture for the last ten thousand years.

(Individual) Humans are breeding beyond their economic capacities, which makes them idiots. Hence, idiots are breeding more than they should.

And I consider things to go smooth in the sense that humanity, as a whole, gets exactly what it deserves. One example would be the tribal twats in the States flinging shit at each other from left to right and back.

If that is the extent of public human discourse in the 21st century, then whatever humanity has achieved as a whole is "things going smooth". Possibly too smooth for our own good. I'm not sure if we might not need some very serious event (WW tier) for people to stop being full blown retards over the dumbest fairy tales of problems.

You cant label them as individual in one breath then lump them into a whole the next. Sorry, dosent work that way. The smoothness of society and the achievements of humanity are open to debate I am sure but the examples you have provided are poor indicators as to what most people talk or are thinking about.

Then maybe you should start listening better. I've never advocated for a "not my problem" rhetoric. If I was to advocate for anything of the like it would be for a "don't fucking tell me what to do/think and maybe I'll consider helping you out as I see fit within my capacity" rhetoric.

This pleases me. I am glad you advocate for something.

In so far as there are any real problems they're with degenerates of the like that bring up gender pronouns in politics while aging, disease and hunger are still a thing.
Your slurring degenerates here sir to lump them in with politicians! I happen to know a few worthy degenerates despite the stigma. Carry on.

--------------

4h

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 06:53:26 AM

Good one dinosaur.  All electric haul trucks are particularly valuable underground, but they are starting to use battery powered in open pit ops too.

Komatsu HD605: https://im-mining.com/2017/06/28/e-dumper-electric-mining-truck-becoming-reality-switzerland/

Troll post?  It pulls 65 tons, is probably expensive as hell, and requires the largest lithium battery in the world, while the diesels are pulling 400-500 tons.  I guess it might become economically viable somehow if diesel goes to $20 a gallon or something.  It also falls back onto the problem that it's rather difficult to run the entire world on electric vehicles, and that is the type of paradigm you're pushing for.  

Whether you're going to claim the studies are rigged or not by big oil or whatever is another thing, but I think they said running every vehicle on electric would only reduce "greenhouse gas" by 18% or something.  And the batteries they said create 3x more toxic waste for the environment than current cars.  In a monetary metals economy, you would also need to PAY to extract that lithium using gold and silver too instead of imaginary fiat.  So once again, you can't just strip mine the entire planet bare of all materials magically under a monetary metals system and flood it with new supply of gold and silver, but you can with fiat.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:14:45 AM

while the diesel-electric hybrids are pulling 400-500 tons

FTFY

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:17:37 AM
Merited by HairyMaclairy (1)

people engaging with r0ach...check

W.O.s at each other's throats arguing politics...check

price flatline...check
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:19:21 AM

people engaging with r0ach...check

W.O.s at each other's throats arguing politics...check

price flatline...check

Busted.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:29:26 AM

Is it that hard to understand that when the fake monetary system, fake news, fake govt, and everything else goes bust, other fake, man-made systems like bitcoin based on artificial scarcity of no value that are designed to centralize will get taken out with the trash too and back to metals we go?
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2088
Merit: 1456

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:35:44 AM

Wikileaks:  Grin

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1095716256370647045
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 07:39:12 AM

why is bitcoin turn into a Visa? What is the point in reducing the block size + LN, if a large block does not interfere, safe storage in any case only cold
BCH the best
I think this was conceived for the sake of raising commissions in the main network, so that people use only a centralized LN
no you patent fool it was conceived because of the imminent balkanisation of the internet and possible network partitioning.
conceived by people who see the need to send over the radio not the internet
and by people who know that running a node should be as easy as possible in order to keep the miners honest

L1 is the gold that you keep, but L2 is the dollars on the card that can freeze

L1 this your money, but L2 is uncle said you that this your money

understand the only important thing: it is not important to decentralize, but important the inability to freeze your money without a hard fork. L1 provides it, but L2 and a coins type xrp does not provide
Pages: « 1 ... 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 22596 22597 22598 22599 22600 [22601] 22602 22603 22604 22605 22606 22607 22608 22609 22610 22611 22612 22613 22614 22615 22616 22617 22618 22619 22620 22621 22622 22623 22624 22625 22626 22627 22628 22629 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 ... 33203 »
  Print  

Jump to: