March 30, 2024, 03:04:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 22596 22597 22598 22599 22600 22601 22602 22603 [22604] 22605 22606 22607 22608 22609 22610 22611 22612 22613 22614 22615 22616 22617 22618 22619 22620 22621 22622 22623 22624 22625 22626 22627 22628 22629 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 22652 22653 22654 ... 33207 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26337305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:21:06 PM

I see we disagree heavily,  my main goal is to give people a baseline like an UBI.  We are missing out on a lot of potential by people stuck in poverty that go through extreme stress and are never able to achieve anything great.  I believe everyone should at least have their basics met: education, healthcare, housing, food.

You are rich right? Go do that with your money and shut the fuck up about how the rest of us use ours.

There is only so much one person can do.  Don't you realize crime and violence happens mostly because of poverty.  I'm a bad person for wanting to make the world a better place?

Nope, crime and violence happens mostly because of genetics, with a little nurture on top.
Also environment. High levels of inequality with no way to personally advance also contributes. Quite a lot.

That would be the nurture on top.
No, that's environment. It's different. Words mean things and it is a different word. It's right there, see how that works?

No Ibian, the idiom is "nature versus nurture"

"The nature versus nurture debate is one of the oldest philosophical issues within psychology. So what exactly is it all about?

Nature refers to all of the genes and hereditary factors that influence who we are—from our physical appearance to our personality characteristics.
Nurture refers to all the environmental variables that impact who we are, including our early childhood experiences, how we were raised, our social relationships, and our surrounding culture."

Words mean things and It's right there, see how that works?

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-nature-versus-nurture-2795392
Physical reality trumps idioms. Behavior is, mostly, genetics plus environment. Nurture, what we call raising kids, is part of the environment. Another part is just how Venezuelaed is the economy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:24:48 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

On this most special of Thursdays, I wanted to say "Wordy-man, go fuck yourself. No lube buddy Kiss"

what does a fabulous black guy WO member do for his partner?
and what does the partner do for you ?
in-light us dear BoB

Oh, please, god, no, don't.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:28:39 PM

I see we disagree heavily,  my main goal is to give people a baseline like an UBI.  We are missing out on a lot of potential by people stuck in poverty that go through extreme stress and are never able to achieve anything great.  I believe everyone should at least have their basics met: education, healthcare, housing, food.

You are rich right? Go do that with your money and shut the fuck up about how the rest of us use ours.

There is only so much one person can do.  Don't you realize crime and violence happens mostly because of poverty.  I'm a bad person for wanting to make the world a better place?

Nope, crime and violence happens mostly because of genetics, with a little nurture on top.
Also environment. High levels of inequality with no way to personally advance also contributes. Quite a lot.

No, that's environment. It's different. Words mean things and it is a different word. It's right there, see how that works?

"The nature versus nurture debate is one of the oldest philosophical issues within psychology. So what exactly is it all about?

Nature refers to all of the genes and hereditary factors that influence who we are—from our physical appearance to our personality characteristics.
Nurture refers to all the environmental variables that impact who we are, including our early childhood experiences, how we were raised, our social relationships, and our surrounding culture."

Physical reality trumps idioms. Behavior is, mostly, genetics plus environment. Nurture, what we call raising kids, is part of the environment. Another part is just how Venezuelaed is the economy?

You really don't know what in idiom is, do you.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:34:57 PM

It is a thing that people who lack knowledge of physical reality say to feel smart. Literally. That is the definition.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:35:54 PM

And also, it's"Nurture refers to all the environmental variable" not the other way around as you claim in "Nurture, what we call raising kids, is part of the environment."
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:37:16 PM

It is a thing that people who lack knowledge of physical reality say to feel smart. Literally. That is the definition.

I see you also don't know what "literally" means.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:40:38 PM

Just to help you out, an idiom is a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g. over the moon, see the light ).
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:42:47 PM

Now sober up and start taking your meds.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:44:06 PM

I'd kill one of these idiots like Fleming or someone. Imagine how few we'd be if you could still die from a dirty cut.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 12:48:35 PM

Never said that "normal people" push more for organic food than they cared about money. Simply stated that money isn't the only, or even primary factor in most people's lives. If it was nobody would be buying anything besides food. People would even live on the street if they didn't need an address for jobs and whatnot. Fact is, for rich people it's rarely about money, and for poor people it's about surviving - also not about money. Nobody truly gives a shit about money.

Well..you said people and it does not matter at all in the slightest as to their normality as to whether or not they are engaged with worry about money. Everyone does it to some degree or another and I would argue that wealth in and of itself requires perhaps more primacy in ones life than being poor does. As for your last sentence I would point you to look closer at history because this concept has dominated human culture for the last ten thousand years.
And that statement is still true.
If it was all about money you wouldn't be able to find people demanding organic food, green energy, or even entertainment. You would find an abundance of suppliers, but no demand.

Point was, and still is, money isn't the primary driver for most people. I'd go as far as to say it's the driver for nobody, as even those that hoard and accumulate money do it for different reasons with money just being a byproduct.

The deeper point was that capitalism isn't about money, and that people who think it is don't understand it in the slightest(inb4 but it says capital)

(Individual) Humans are breeding beyond their economic capacities, which makes them idiots. Hence, idiots are breeding more than they should.

And I consider things to go smooth in the sense that humanity, as a whole, gets exactly what it deserves. One example would be the tribal twats in the States flinging shit at each other from left to right and back.

If that is the extent of public human discourse in the 21st century, then whatever humanity has achieved as a whole is "things going smooth". Possibly too smooth for our own good. I'm not sure if we might not need some very serious event (WW tier) for people to stop being full blown retards over the dumbest fairy tales of problems.

You cant label them as individual in one breath then lump them into a whole the next. Sorry, dosent work that way. The smoothness of society and the achievements of humanity are open to debate I am sure but the examples you have provided are poor indicators as to what most people talk or are thinking about.
Sure I can, because there were two distinct points being made. One about idiots breeding. One about things going relatively smooth.

In so far as there are any real problems they're with degenerates of the like that bring up gender pronouns in politics while aging, disease and hunger are still a thing.
Your slurring degenerates here sir to lump them in with politicians! I happen to know a few worthy degenerates despite the stigma. Carry on.
Not sure what you're trying to get at.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:09:54 PM
Merited by nutildah (1)

JPMorgan unveils first bank-backed 'JPM Coin' cryptocurrency

https://bitcoinist.com/jpmorgan-jpm-coin-cryptocurrency/

https://www.coindesk.com/jpmorgan-moving-its-in-house-crypto-to-real-world-trials-report

"Called JPM Coin, the token has been developed by engineers at the bank, according to a report from CNBC on Thursday, and is moving to real world trials in “a few months”

For the effort, JPM Coin will be used to settle a small portion of its transactions between clients of its wholesale payments business in real time, CNBC says. The bank moves over $6 trillion daily as part of that business, it adds.

Speaking to the news source, Umar Farooq, JPMorgan’s blockchain lead, posited three main use cases for the bank token, including replacing wire transfers for international payments by large corporate clients and cutting settlement times from days to just moments.

It could also be used to provide instant settlement for securities issuances, as well as to replace U.S. dollars at held internatinally by subsidiaries of major corporations using JPMorgan’s treasury services."
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:10:17 PM

And also, it's"Nurture refers to all the environmental variable" not the other way around as you claim in "Nurture, what we call raising kids, is part of the environment."
Nurture is literally whatever you do with your kids. You, yourself, are only a small part of the environment. Your idiom is wrong.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:39:06 PM

Nurture is literally whatever you do with your kids. You, yourself, are only a small part of the environment. Your idiom is wrong.

I think sticking to the definition agreed upon by the profession when talking about a subject is preferable to making up your own definitions. It helps a lot if everybody speaks the same language.

And an idiom can't be wrong, you still don't get what an idiom is do you.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 01:46:30 PM

Nature vs nurture is no more than the question about how much in a person's behavior (including skills etc) is genetic and how much can be picked up throughout a lifetime. Nurture in the idiom refers to any external stimuli that could nurture a person.

Now, in reality, it's both to an extent nobody fucking knows. And at the end of the day there's a person making decisions, the choices that will ring most loudly within their heads will be whatever genetics and environment threw at them. And the person makes the choice.

And technically, the whole debate only exists because genetic/environmental factors are vastly more prevalent than original thought, coupled with the fact that people don't fucking understand statistics worth shit. The only thing that matters is an individual's choice, everything else is noise.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:06:49 PM

Cool

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1590

BTC 100k 2024

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2019, 02:21:27 PM
Merited by StartupAnalyst (1)

Guys, this is a little embarrassing to ask, but..... Will all of you be my Valentine? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Don't tell my wife

Happy Valentine's Day, WO. No not you Roach.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:28:22 PM

If you are gentle and don't accidentally 80x me I'm ok with it
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 9381

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:29:18 PM

Guys, this is a little embarrassing to ask, but..... Will all of you be my Valentine? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Don't tell my wife

My rates are as follows -

2 hour chill & gaming - 0.1BTC
4 hour bar crawl - 0.3BTC
All day booze & cocaine session (drugs provided by you) - 1BTC

PM me if you’re interested Cheesy
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1535

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:37:20 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2019, 07:06:57 PM by JSRAW
Merited by goldkingcoiner (1)

You can ask her out Cheesy

Ugly vintage piece.

Ah image not showing.....

MERlT

Activity: 158
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 14, 2019, 02:43:37 PM

JPMorgan unveils first bank-backed 'JPM Coin' cryptocurrency

https://bitcoinist.com/jpmorgan-jpm-coin-cryptocurrency/

https://www.coindesk.com/jpmorgan-moving-its-in-house-crypto-to-real-world-trials-report

"Called JPM Coin, the token has been developed by engineers at the bank, according to a report from CNBC on Thursday, and is moving to real world trials in “a few months”

For the effort, JPM Coin will be used to settle a small portion of its transactions between clients of its wholesale payments business in real time, CNBC says. The bank moves over $6 trillion daily as part of that business, it adds.

Speaking to the news source, Umar Farooq, JPMorgan’s blockchain lead, posited three main use cases for the bank token, including replacing wire transfers for international payments by large corporate clients and cutting settlement times from days to just moments.

It could also be used to provide instant settlement for securities issuances, as well as to replace U.S. dollars at held internatinally by subsidiaries of major corporations using JPMorgan’s treasury services."
The banks are joining the game, be prepared for Bitcoin to quickly change into a suitable world reserve according to the media and news outlets.

"JPMCORN" Bullish
Pages: « 1 ... 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 22596 22597 22598 22599 22600 22601 22602 22603 [22604] 22605 22606 22607 22608 22609 22610 22611 22612 22613 22614 22615 22616 22617 22618 22619 22620 22621 22622 22623 22624 22625 22626 22627 22628 22629 22630 22631 22632 22633 22634 22635 22636 22637 22638 22639 22640 22641 22642 22643 22644 22645 22646 22647 22648 22649 22650 22651 22652 22653 22654 ... 33207 »
  Print  

Jump to: