Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2019, 12:26:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What year will we achieve a new ATH?
2019 - 41 (28.3%)
2020 - 57 (39.3%)
2021 - 33 (22.8%)
2022 - 8 (5.5%)
2023 - 1 (0.7%)
Never - 5 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 145

Pages: « 1 ... 23080 23081 23082 23083 23084 23085 23086 23087 23088 23089 23090 23091 23092 23093 23094 23095 23096 23097 23098 23099 23100 23101 23102 23103 23104 23105 23106 23107 23108 23109 23110 23111 23112 23113 23114 23115 23116 23117 23118 23119 23120 23121 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 23128 23129 [23130] 23131 23132 23133 23134 23135 23136 23137 23138 23139 23140 23141 23142 23143 23144 23145 23146 23147 23148 23149 23150 23151 23152 23153 23154 23155 23156 23157 23158 23159 23160 23161 23162 23163 23164 23165 23166 23167 23168 23169 23170 23171 23172 23173 23174 23175 23176 23177 23178 23179 23180 ... 23955 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 21178552 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (24 posts by 13 users deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 658
Merit: 292

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:41:17 AM

Roach/Ibian have countless posts attempting to justify their baby killing propaganda...on a BTC forum.

What "baby killing" propaganda?  The Jew moneychanger puppets like Beto O'Rourke LITERALLY advocate murdering babies:

PLAY OVER 3000 GAMES
LIGHTNING FAST WITHDRAWALS
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptotourist

Activity: 224
Merit: 153

https://youtu.be/snILjFUkk_A

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:43:26 AM

r0achie, how about fucking off today? Chop chop boy.
HairyMaclairy

Activity: 840
Merit: 1362

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:43:53 AM

Also that powerwall thingy is still pretty expensive. If you can afford to pay the premium for the privilege of being completely self sufficient then great. For me, a couple of years or maybe a bit more and I will be there.

So maybe not already there... but almost.

Yes the ROI on the Powerwall2 is fairly marginal.  It has a 10 year guarantee and I should hit ROI in 8 years, but I think it should still have a useful economic life after that.

The ROI is driven by your feed in tariffs (revenue you get from exporting electricity to the grid).  Effectively your marginal cost of production is your night time import cost minus your daytime feed in tariff per KWh.  My solar system is oversized so I export more than I consume so power companies tend to pay me except in the depths of winter.  Interested to see how use of the Powerwall shifts the curves around.  

The Powerwall3 is coming in a couple more years and with any luck it will be half the cost per KWh of the Powerwall2 (which was half the cost per KWh of the Powerwall1).  That could very well be economic for people who are not on solar to shift to time of use tariffs, take their electricity from the grid at offpeak and consume during peak.  And of course it will be killer for solar.  
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1204
Merit: 765

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:43:56 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

As for a "beginner level" introduction, I'm not really aware of any that isn't gritty rigorous Math. And in that case any would be as good as any other I suppose, since the definitions are always the same (except for perhaps the symbols used). If you feel like digging deeper I'm sure you'll find any number of resources on Google. All my notes and books for these topics are in non-English though, so I can't recommend you any reference here. But alas.

[2+2 <> 4]

quite interesting, thanks for giving me something new to chew on.

initially i thought you were referring to some sort of quantum effect as applied to math, as it seems quantum effects can create temporary energy as long as its "paid back" (like say a number, but not number in abstract, more like now when there was one something there are 2 somethings or 0 somethings.

i only went as far trig and some calc.. when i hit calc, and didnt see a traditional number on any page  till like 50 pages in, my brain just stalled.

too busy then partying the best days of my life away. some regrets, but not many.

Honestly it's never to late, especially if you're interested.

When I was doing my Bachelor there was a guy well into his 50s or 60s who was taking all the "real" Math lectures with us as opposed to the dumbed down ones for Economists etc. People were very welcoming towards him and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a lot. I changed universities throughout my Bachelor to the next city. And found the same guy taking Master level lectures at the new place when I was a bit later (first place was for Economics and Business with focus on Math, second had a proper full blown Math department). So clearly he didn't just attend, he was doing quite well too. And that appeared to be his first time at university in his life as well.

And older people have the big bonus that they may not have to perform or prove anything. You could just study for the sake of it, which takes all the stress away. And their life experiences can make it easier than for most young students who are still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with life in the first place.

Be prepared to feel like a complete idiot as you start out, should you choose to do so though. I have not met anyone who didn't at least throughout the better portion of the first semester. But even those come back years later and still find new things they had not considered. The very first minute of the very first lecture that I took I almost fell into despair just looking at the blackboard.

Anyway, not trying to shill you into anything here. But the option is there and worth considering. Especially for those with an appreciation of just thinking about things they don't need to for nothing other than the sake of doing so. There are very few ways that are similarly efficient in breaking down all of your preconceived notions as studying Mathematics. Such as notions of regret for example. Wink
HairyMaclairy

Activity: 840
Merit: 1362

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:46:08 AM

As for a "beginner level" introduction, I'm not really aware of any that isn't gritty rigorous Math. And in that case any would be as good as any other I suppose, since the definitions are always the same (except for perhaps the symbols used). If you feel like digging deeper I'm sure you'll find any number of resources on Google. All my notes and books for these topics are in non-English though, so I can't recommend you any reference here. But alas.

[2+2 <> 4]

quite interesting, thanks for giving me something new to chew on.

initially i thought you were referring to some sort of quantum effect as applied to math, as it seems quantum effects can create temporary energy as long as its "paid back" (like say a number, but not number in abstract, more like now when there was one something there are 2 somethings or 0 somethings.

i only went as far trig and some calc.. when i hit calc, and didnt see a traditional number on any page  till like 50 pages in, my brain just stalled.

too busy then partying the best days of my life away. some regrets, but not many.

Honestly it's never to late, especially if you're interested.

When I was doing my Bachelor there was a guy well into his 50s or 60s who was taking all the "real" Math lectures with us as opposed to the dumbed down ones for Economists etc. People were very welcoming towards him and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a lot. I changed universities throughout my Bachelor to the next city. And found the same guy taking Master level lectures at the new place when I was a bit later (first place was for Economics and Business with focus on Math, second had a proper full blown Math department). So clearly he didn't just attend, he was doing quite well too. And that appeared to be his first time at university in his life as well.

And older people have the big bonus that they may not have to perform or prove anything. You could just study for the sake of it, which takes all the stress away. And their life experiences can make it easier than for most young students who are still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with life in the first place.

Be prepared to feel like a complete idiot as you start out, should you choose to do so though. I have not met anyone who didn't at least throughout the better portion of the first semester. But even those come back years later and still find new things they had not considered. The very first minute of the very first lecture that I took I almost fell into despair just looking at the blackboard.

Anyway, not trying to shill you into anything here. But the option is there and worth considering. Especially for those with an appreciation of just thinking about things they don't need to for nothing other than the sake of doing so. There are very few ways that are similarly efficient in breaking down all of your preconceived notions as studying Mathematics. Notions such as regret for example. Wink

My wife and I have agreed we are going back to uni when we retire.  We want to take anthropology courses together.  Maybe I will add some pure math as well following our discussions. 
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:51:52 AM

Tl;dr questionnaires are shitty ways to collect data.

The questionnaire seemed to have been valid because if I take a ritalin or adderal as a non-ADHD person it's going to make me wide awake for like 8 hours.  So in order for it to make you fall asleep, you really do have some sort of ADHD.

or some other medical condition that ritalin is used to treat.

source: me. i take it for something else (documented by many tests and several MDs). and yes i can fall asleep on it.

EDIT this may not prove someone does NOT have ADHD, as the ADHD may be masked (and also even treated as a side effect of the ritalin) by the other condition for which someone is actually prescribed it for. i have never been formally diagnosed with ADHD.
The way you argue here is identical to how you argue in Math by the way. Just to elaborate on my previous posts.

And regarding the topic. Is there any reason for me to look for whatever you might be having now, given that I don't take my prescription? I feel pretty much perfectly healthy, but wouldn't want to potentially let something unnoticed that could come back at me some day.
realr0ach

Activity: 658
Merit: 292

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:52:08 AM

The manority of Muslims aren’t terrorists but the majority of terrorists are Muslim.

True statement.

Do I have to explain everything to you people?  The Muslims have the majority of the terrorists because both Muslims, Jews, and pretty much EVERYONE in the Middle East has ENORMOUS amounts of inbreeding which causes all kinds of mental illness, retardation, and psychopathy.  They have this giant supply of lunatics and fools who, instead of being in an insane asylum, are coopted by political/religious leaders and used as human suicide bombers.  There are not many sane people looking to become suicide bombers.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1175

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:52:49 AM

Humans are equally capable in doing 'good' and 'bad'.
Citation needed. For starters, how do you define good and bad in a way that does not require your personal arbitration?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:54:27 AM

r0achie, how about fucking off today? Chop chop boy.
How about addressing his argument, mister ad hom?

It was a good argument.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:05:14 AM

These people are clueless.  There are three main religions.  Christianity is the ONLY all-inclusive, benign one out of those three.  The other two:  the evil cult of Judaism and militant Islam, are focused entirely on tribal warfare, killing or enslaving the outsiders who are not a part of your group, or otherwise treating them vastly different than your own group.  Both Judaism and Islam state it's perfectly fine to lie non-Muslims or Jews for instance.  It's also allowed for Jews to steal from 'goyim' and do other things.  Many Rabbi even state it's okay to steal a goyim's organs to benefit the life of a Jew.

Why do you think the Jews run the fucking human organ trafficking rings?  They're practicing exactly what they preach.  It's not even some random, non-religious, lunatic Jew doing it, it's the actual Rabbi themselves:

https://www.haaretz.com/israelis-exposed-in-organ-trafficking-1.5259773

I tend to ignore any bullshit comes out of ass mouth but I couldn't this time.

Christianity is as dirty as other two.

You act like you know so much yet you "forgot" to mention the crusades.

Here, you can educate yourself here for free.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

The church was sucking the blood of people before the French revolution in Europe. (maybe they still do, but not as much)

Fuck all religions.
I don't know shit about this, but were the Crusades not a reaction to Islamic global conquest? In either case though I agree, fuck religion.

However, there is one line of defense I would like to give for it.

Prayer I believe could be an extremely useful tool. I'm pretty sure no sky daddy is going to respond to it. But it is a form of silent contemplation, something that modern humans seemingly lost entirely due to the constant exposure to flashy stimuli and instant gratification. Sitting down in silence and thinking about what you care enough about in your life to pray to some God to is a great tool when it comes to readjusting your own inner compass.
I don't think religion is needed for it, I certainly had no need for it. But if it gets people to do what they otherwise would not, then at least that aspect would be a net positive. No different from "meditation" or a lone walk through nature though. Or a good drink while sitting down and listening to an album that gets your thoughts going.

Also, religious scripture has some striking similarities to contemporary science. I've been wondering if some of the people writing it might have had an intuitive understanding of reality and used the limited language and tools they had to try and communicate it. But of course, once things get popular they attract lunatics and become corrupted, as is self-evident.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:08:25 AM

I have nothing to prove or argue with you two retards. It's called a waste of time. Argue that.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:12:04 AM

Religious people are less stressed on average than atheists. It's a stress relieving tool, and it helps bring cohesion to a culture. And as an atheist I fucking hate this, but it appears to be the case.

Also. The soviets and chinese and all the other marxists were secularists and they murdered far more people than anyone else in the last century. It may be that religion has an inhibiting effect on how bad wars get. But mass spread atheism is such a new phenomenon that we don't have enough data on that yet, it's just speculation for now.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:12:42 AM

The only way out for humanity is culture.

"Culture is the freedom of people."

Forgotten 500 years ago, the damage is done.

If we do not fight for education, respect and values, we go to the destruction.
Respect and values absolutely.

Education is a bit tricky, since what passes as such today is utter garbage so fighting to maintain it could stop us from making progress on that front. You don't want hardcore education-conservatives when education in its current form is too shitty to be worth conserving.

Culture is also a little too vague. The Nazis and Mayans for example had an interesting culture, but I'm sure we don't want either back.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:13:32 AM

I have nothing to prove or argue with you two retards. It's called a waste of time. Argue that.
Prove the retard allegation. Just for fun.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:17:14 AM

Retard doesn't mean that you don't have some intellectual capabilities.
It means that your human compass is distorted & off by a lot when you decide to use them.
A waste really.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:18:43 AM

Any stats on this? Except the news from media..! Roll Eyes

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/far-right-violence-now-a-bigger-threat-to-the-us-than-daesh-and-al-qaeda-24913
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:19:00 AM

Retard doesn't mean that you don't have some intellectual capabilities.
It means that your human compass is distorted & off by a lot when you decide to use them.
A waste really.
So? Where is the proof?
StartupAnalyst

Activity: 280
Merit: 186

The 🧢 WO gang power, help the price of BTC

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:19:25 AM
Merited by crypmike (1)

The funny cycle of BTC prices, which we have been watching for the last 10 years, is very clearly on image. Cheesy
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:20:06 AM

Any news site without a comment section is lying. That's why they don't have a comment section.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 10:21:08 AM

I went from being a poor person that everybody claimed would amount to nothing to a degree in Math and self-made fortune. Mostly thanks to a game with proper incentive structures. And I want to recreate the experience for future generations, if I can. Not everybody wants to sacrifice their lives for "the greater good". Especially when the world seems to be set against you. But with the right incentives people might just end up doing so while enjoying themselves.

Are you talking about bitcoin as "a game" in which you were able to accumulate a "self-made fortune"?

In one regard, you seem to be describing a kind of math elitism, rather than a world in which everyone can self-describe their actions and their ways of achieving self-realization or whatever that may be for them. So in that regard, there are various degrees of math, logic and emotions.  We are not completely mathematical beings so people engage in a lot of conduct based on emotions and even errors of logic or adequate facts.

Even with the "right incentives" it can take a whole hell of a long time for value to flow into something like bitcoin, and maybe even a world with out distractions and snake-oil salesmen might be too unrealistic of a wish.. because scams and scums are likely going to continue to exist and suck in both innocent and well-intended people.  

Do you think that we can change those kinds of seemingly likely and what I would consider to be "human nature" dynamics that are not all math-based and logical?  And, how you going to make sure that people are both exposed to the correct facts, and then thereafter are ready, willing and able to assign proper or even reasonable weight to such facts?  
No, refer to this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg50169964#msg50169964

Yes, absolutely. Again refer to above post. Math is irrelevant here, although even a very basic understanding of it is one of the most powerful tools in the human arsenal.
Pages: « 1 ... 23080 23081 23082 23083 23084 23085 23086 23087 23088 23089 23090 23091 23092 23093 23094 23095 23096 23097 23098 23099 23100 23101 23102 23103 23104 23105 23106 23107 23108 23109 23110 23111 23112 23113 23114 23115 23116 23117 23118 23119 23120 23121 23122 23123 23124 23125 23126 23127 23128 23129 [23130] 23131 23132 23133 23134 23135 23136 23137 23138 23139 23140 23141 23142 23143 23144 23145 23146 23147 23148 23149 23150 23151 23152 23153 23154 23155 23156 23157 23158 23159 23160 23161 23162 23163 23164 23165 23166 23167 23168 23169 23170 23171 23172 23173 23174 23175 23176 23177 23178 23179 23180 ... 23955 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.